Author Topic: Rokugan Ninja Class - Link to PDF Inside!  (Read 11767 times)

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Rokugan Ninja Class - Link to PDF Inside!
« on: May 02, 2011, 02:43:03 AM »
Here!

Many have been looking for this.  Here ya go!
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Re: Rokugan Ninja Class - Link to PDF Inside!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 02:44:45 AM »
Not that I'm complaining, but is this thread legal?
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 02:47:40 AM »
Not gonna, lie, I won't open a pdf from a link. Many many viruses are delivered via pdf.

That you would all of a sudden post a pdf in the Min/Max section with a new thread (when you never have before) with a very simple post seems very out of character for you Endarire.

And naturally there's the possible legal liability.

Yeah, not gonna open it.
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 05:46:36 AM »
This was given away on a site many years ago.  I assume it's legal.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 05:58:44 AM »
I haven't clicked the link, but it was indeed given out a while ago (that's how I got it).

As for the class itself, it's not very interesting... a full BAB sneak attack class that gets a few interesting abilities (Con X 5 to run speed and Int to initiative) along with lots of interesting weapon proficiencies... not much else.  It's a decent one level dip since you get a bunch of proficiencies, 1d6 sneak attack, and full BAB, but serves little other use.

JaronK

Hand_of_Vecna

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 05:28:27 PM »
Clicked link its safe. Nice to have a pseudo hard copy of this oft referanced class. Totally not worth the levels but the level 8 movement speed boost is interesting. This could be an interesting other side to gestalt in a game with a one side must be a base class 1-20. It has alot to offer in that environment.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 05:52:50 PM »
I appreciate the link, thanks.  Definitely would be interesting in gestalt.  Combine with Factotum for great results.  Though admittedly, in gestalt nearly everything goes well with Factotum.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 06:06:39 PM »
What about a gestalt of both ninja classes? (Rokugan and Complete Adventurer)

EDIT: After removing Sudden Strike to prevent +20d6 silliness. Maybe increase the SA dice to d8s to compensate?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 06:08:18 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 07:55:09 PM »
What about a gestalt of both ninja classes? (Rokugan and Complete Adventurer)

EDIT: After removing Sudden Strike to prevent +20d6 silliness. Maybe increase the SA dice to d8s to compensate?

Why remove the Sudden Strike?  It's gestalt... you SHOULD be actually decent.  And honestly it won't work so well as you can't have the Rogue ACF to do half damage vs sneak attack immunes... you'd actually be too weak.

If you want a gestalt super ninja, consider Rogue 2/Rokugan Ninja 8/Ninja Spy 10//Unarmed Variant Swordsage 20.  Tons of exotic weapons, reasonable sneak attack, and all the shadow hand/tiger claw goodness you'd ever want.  Plus you can run and jump really well, which isn't useful but is still pretty cool (and does help for Tiger Claw maneuvers).

JaronK

Talore

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Viking Skald
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 08:42:50 PM »
Useful gestalt class, and class for low-tier prerequisite reaching. Straight-up better than sneak-attack fighter, only losing out on fort vs. will saves. Did anyone else notice that they can read lips as a class skill?
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 10:43:05 PM »
Useful gestalt class, and class for low-tier prerequisite reaching. Straight-up better than sneak-attack fighter, only losing out on fort vs. will saves. Did anyone else notice that they can read lips as a class skill?

Lower hitpoints than a Fighter too, of course.  The primary place I use it is when making straight forward ninjas, where I tend to use Rogue 1/Rokugan Ninja 1/Unarmed Swordsage X as the build.  It's mostly for the weapon proficiencies but the sneak attack helps.

JaronK

Hand_of_Vecna

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 04:35:20 AM »
Ya it's grade A filler for plenty of builds.