Author Topic: Interested in being a mod?  (Read 20783 times)

AleksanderTheGreat

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Dumbass. o_o
Re: Interested in being a mod?
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 12:37:46 AM »
I am more then willing. *wink*

You're not ready.
I was joking. I know that I'm not ready but I'm helping how I can (i.e. by reporting). I hope that my help is at least appreciated. :eh

117 posts.

Yeah, no.
NO SHIT Captain Obvious. Thanks for pointing that out. Meg wouldn't have notice otherwise. :rollseyes (sorry for my french)
Quote from: Sephirothsword117
Quote from: Solo
Optimizing is the antithesis of roleplaying because it takes focus away from the important parts of the game.
I'm inclined to disagree. People work hard on there characters, there personality, back ground, appearance, so forth. No one wants there character that they have invested time, energy, thought, and probably emotion in to be killed because they didn't take strong enough feats or skills or spells or what have you.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 12:43:26 AM »
117 posts.

Yeah, no.
NO SHIT Captain Obvious. Thanks for pointing that out. Meg wouldn't have notice otherwise. :rollseyes (sorry for my french)

Better to be a Captain Obvious than a Major Pain. ;)
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 12:45:09 AM »
I apologize; I was obviously hasty in my statement. Post count alone does not determine maturity or worthiness to be a mod. The quality of a person's posts must also be taken into account.

I hereby retract my statement and instead base my disrecommendation on your attitude alone.

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 12:50:47 AM »
While I do enjoy a good bout of snark, might I suggest you two take it elsewhere? This is, surprisingly, not actually helping.

AleksanderTheGreat

• Dumbass. o_o
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 01:07:03 AM »
I apologize; I was obviously hasty in my statement. Post count alone does not determine maturity or worthiness to be a mod. The quality of a person's posts must also be taken into account.

I hereby retract my statement and instead base my disrecommendation on your attitude alone.
Yeah, I can see that I'm probably the last person who is worthy of being a mod but I at least am trying to do SOMETHING as a user, unlike some people. Who are yo to point out my "immaturity"? Aren't you the one who created a thread with sole purpose to mock another user? I am most definitely FAR from perfect but you better look at yourself before you post your comments.
While I do enjoy a good bout of snark, might I suggest you two take it elsewhere? This is, surprisingly, not actually helping.
Seriously, Solo is a better contributor then I will probably ever be, but posts like that just annoy me and I had to respond. Sorry.
Optimizing is the antithesis of roleplaying because it takes focus away from the important parts of the game.
I'm inclined to disagree. People work hard on there characters, there personality, back ground, appearance, so forth. No one wants there character that they have invested time, energy, thought, and probably emotion in to be killed because they didn't take strong enough feats or skills or spells or what have you.

Solo

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 01:09:02 AM »
Yeah, I can see that I'm probably the last person who is worthy of being a mod but I at least am trying to do SOMETHING as a user, unlike some people. Who are yo to point out my "immaturity"? Aren't you the one who created a thread with sole purpose to mock another user? I am most definitely FAR from perfect but you better look at yourself before you post your comments.
I'll be sure to lose some sleep over it.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 01:16:01 AM »

Thank you Boz for proving yourself worthy of my short list. :D

Also, being a moderator isn't much of a prize...aside from moving or closing threads, most of us are quite capable of letting someone know they're getting out of hand...and usually in a way that makes them feel dumb and less likely to do it again.

Speaking of which...Solo, he said Sorry. You're just being a douche now for no reason.

Solo

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 01:18:20 AM »
He said sorry. To Bozwevial.

Anyways, I guess there's no point in continuing as Aleksandar clearly has the moral high ground, so I hereby offer my sincerest apologies for my cynical doubting of his noble spirit and end my involvement in this thread.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:20:56 AM by Solo »

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 01:25:11 AM »
i approve of the whole list... make em all mods.

The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

AleksanderTheGreat

• Dumbass. o_o
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 01:25:39 AM »
He said sorry. To Bozwevial
To you too, but whatever. You like to be the smartass? Go ahead, but know that you've lost the rest of respect that I had for you. Now you can lose some sleep over that too. :nonono
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:28:01 AM by AleksanderTheGreat »

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 01:26:37 AM »
Seriously, just quit it.

Though this is if anything an example of the opposite of maturity I'm talking about.

A mature response would be "I know you are, but what am I?"
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Meg

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 01:28:01 AM »
Just as a point in case it wasn't obvious- I can add more people to the list so feel free to keep on nominating/ raising your hand.

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 01:29:43 AM »
Were it this time last year I would have loved to help out. Alas, work and thesis and more work and mortage payments and copious amounts of snu snu take up much of my time these days. Best of luck to the guys who take the job though. I don't envy the extra responsibility.  :clap
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Meg

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 01:31:58 AM »
Were it this time last year I would have loved to help out. Alas, work and thesis and more work and mortage payments and copious amounts of snu snu take up much of my time these days. Best of luck to the guys who take the job though. I don't envy the extra responsibility.  :clap

I would've loved to have had you :( 

AleksanderTheGreat

• Dumbass. o_o
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 01:32:31 AM »
A mature response would be "I know you are, but what am I?"
Umm... What was the question again?

And on topic - Kuromaiken, maybe?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:39:56 AM by AleksanderTheGreat »

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011, 01:43:35 AM »
And on topic - Kuromaiken, maybe?

But then we could never get rid of him if we had to since the guy's unkillable.

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 01:44:50 AM »
We don't need more mods.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

AleksanderTheGreat

• Dumbass. o_o
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 01:48:51 AM »

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011, 01:52:44 AM »
We don't need more mods.

We'll see what the consensus says...should at least one person get ten or more votes, then I'd hypothesize there is at least a perceived need for more mods, if not an actual one.

AleksanderTheGreat

• Dumbass. o_o
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2011, 01:58:32 AM »
Well, I voted for Agita, although I have no idea who would be best suited. But lets be fair, all of the people in the poll are good candidates. :)