Author Topic: Chapter 2: Frozen Flames (continued!)  (Read 11229 times)

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Chapter 2: Frozen Flames (continued!)
« on: July 20, 2008, 12:39:45 AM »
I'll import some of the text, but the important thing for now is that you are all safely under the outcropping.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
Re: Chapter 2: Frozen Flames (continued!)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 02:47:26 PM »
Jurkalall thinks.  I would summon our mounts, but I think that this hail might destroy them.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 01:53:54 AM by Nanshork »
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 06:24:51 PM »
Kneeling to keep the hail off his back, kerasot speaks in an annoyed voice.

This one does not believe that thunder steps could make it to the city, horses or not.  THis one thinks that we have several options.

First: This one says we could find a means, magical or otherwise to shield, either thunderstep, or all of you, from the hail.  This one could not help but notice that althought little bird and shadowman heal the damages rapidly, it must be quite painful.

Second: this one believes we could wait out the storm

Third: This one asks if a way exists to quickly move away from here and into the flame palace.  This one thinks a teleport spell would work, but would have to be coupled by a scrying or arcane eye spell.

This one asks if others have ideas.

This one would also like to remark that while the feeling of the hail on him is like a pleasant back massage, this pounding cannot help but damage this one's armor, so this one would like to get away from the storm fast.

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 07:32:37 PM »
I can fly for a distance, and scout the area around here, see if we are far from the castle.  How big is the area of frost?
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 08:00:12 PM »
Kazzzaahk turns to Jurkalall, How long do you think your summoned mounts would last?   Seeing as how we are near where the intense heat and ice meet, I doubt this storm will settle soon. I am inclined to believe it will be a long lasting event.  On top of that, we're on a time crunch with our spells. Your resistance to the intense cold will only last for so long.

You seem to have the best eyes, Caelali. What would you guess is the distance to the castle?  Even if the horses fall, if it gets us close enough, we should risk it.  That is my suggestion, at least.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 08:15:26 PM »
I couldn't see the castle, the hail was reducing viability too much.

If I could see the castle:

About ___ miles

If we are near where the terrains meet and that is what's causing this, will not moving away from here get us out of it?  It can't be that big of an area if that is what is causing this.  I shall go see if I can see the edge of this harsher weather.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 01:56:47 AM »
The mounts will last for hours, or until the hail destroys them in a matter of minutes.  As for teleportation, I have not mastered that level of magic yet.  I've gotten us as close as I can, minus the possibility of mounts.
Notes to self

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 03:57:21 PM »
Caelali cannot see the Fire Palace from where she is because of visibility. The harsh winds make it difficult to fly, but he was no novice and managed to sustain an even flight at half speed. Flying through the hail and snow he fails to see an end to it. But the hailstorm suddenly breaks up after just over half a mile of flight and finds himself in a large area of complete calm with a large castle at it's center.

He returns with the information.

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 05:41:57 PM »
She?  And then 'he'?

About a half a mile in this points direction the storm lets up.  Think your steeds can last that long?  And I was able to see the castle at the center of the wasteland after coming out of the storm.

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 06:30:29 PM »
Rising up, and starting to remove his armor, kerasot speaks:

This one will run next to you, this one hates the fleshy what-eating, soft-fleshed, brain-dead creatures that you call horses, this one will not straddle them.

This one suggests that we leave soon.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 03:41:59 AM »
Do I think the steeds will last that long?

Jurkalall laughs.  As if I would ride a horse.  I ride steeds made of the substance of the very ethereal plane itself!
Notes to self

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 02:01:05 PM »
Removing the last pieces of his full plate, and clerverly arranging them in his backpack, kerasot turns to shadow man and says:

This one, while still thinking horses to be stupid creatures, finds the general feel of riding them to be disturbing, as it is nothing like riding a rocklizard, or a full grown basilisk.  This one will run, catch up to this one if you can.

With these words, kerasot starts double-moving towards where caelali pointed, all the while moaning in his rocky voice about the nice feeling the hail is giving him.

Moving at a speed of 40ft, 80 ft while double moving, althought i suppose there is a movement penalty.  If i can run, i do it for a while.

Barbarians rock

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 11:24:57 AM »
So ..... does anyone follow me, does something?  Do I get out of the hail sometime soon?

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 01:32:22 PM »

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 08:10:22 PM »
Caelali follows on the phantom steeds, likely outpacing Kerasot.

I don't not enjoy entrusting my speed to this...thing...either, but it is faster than flying, if only by a little bit.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 11:00:16 PM »
Once Jurkalall finishes creating his steeds made of ethereal wisps, Kazzzaahk quickly mounts the beast and proceeds after Kerasot, hugging the horse tightly and hoping it lasts until the storm breaks. Once it does, he motions for the others to come together. We are still under a time crunch, I suggest we move quickly and efficiently. While obvious, I think going in the front door makes the most sense. What do you all think?
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 12:10:24 AM »
Jurkalall mounts and follows the others.  I know nothing of the layout of the area, so it matters not to me.
Notes to self

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 12:58:46 AM »
How much of the castle exactly did I see?  As in, how detailed?

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 10:03:03 AM »
Do we regroup easily after we come out of the storm?

And can we see the castle?

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 10:17:48 PM »
I figure it's time for a bump?