Author Topic: The best body enhancements for a monk/CW kensai?  (Read 7403 times)

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: The best body enhancements for a monk/CW kensai?
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 10:44:33 PM »
Paladin/Monks might need more than Grease.
Their sticks are already...stuck.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 11:30:17 PM »
resinous tar? only downside is its flammable  :P

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 11:41:39 PM »
resinous tar? only downside is its flammable  :p
Not a problem if you're already flaming. :p
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

DrPhro

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 01:36:41 AM »
Paladin/Monks might need more than Grease.
Their sticks are already...stuck.

I've heard they're real tight-asses, and since it's on topic you could get the slick enhancement to fix that.

Less on topic is dripping (from where  :twitch ?)
[spoiler]comes out of BoEF if it makes you feel any better[/spoiler]

CrimsonDeath

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 02:31:22 AM »
Can monks use weapon crystals?  A Crystal of Adamant Weaponry grants Hardness 10.

More important question is....where would they insert the crystals?

-K
Pick an orifice and just jam it in?
You have to do the prep-work first.
Thats what Freedom of Movement is for.
That reminds me of the time my Assassin got Swallowed Whole and I threatened to cast Pass Without Trace.

kremti

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 01:21:57 PM »
I am sorry I derailed the thread.  Hard.  :lol

Back to the topic (which is silly to begin with, but still...)

How about detouch Limb + Dancing?  Sounds like we can get more attacks that way.

I don't know if we need Returning.  It sounds like it forces the weapon to return back to the original spot.  If we have Throwing, and have an attack left with a lot of penalties at the end, might as well use that to Throw yourself, targetting a square, as a part of a full attack sequence.

-K

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 02:50:00 PM »
its ok... it gave us all a good laugh, many times :)

why not Defending Dancing limbs?

what about Throwing for a monk's unarmed strike? how would that work?

Zaxter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 03:33:32 PM »
Like so:[spoiler][/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 03:40:42 PM »
Like so:[spoiler][/spoiler]
This, or you could reflavor your fighting style as flipping around the room while punching people, or say that you're a mutant and adrenaline makes your limbs temporarily stretchy, or claim you're focusing your ki, or pretend you're Neo and have lots of guns you just inexplicably pull from everywhere.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 04:07:27 PM »
Stretch Armstrong!!!!!

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 04:08:22 PM »
Elder Earth Elemental Power \m/
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

DrPhro

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 07:22:12 PM »
It seems like there should be some synergy with blood storm blade. 1 lvl gives you the returning property with any weapon, and I'm sure that the weapon aptitude would be useful to change your weapon weapon focus from arm to leg. You also gain the throw anything feat, so all you need are detachable limbs.

Kajhera

• Hong Kong
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 08:27:27 PM »
Binding, brutal surge, eager, ghost touch, harmonizing, illuminating, morphing, power storing, sizing, and screaming, with a crystal of adamant weaponry.  :smirk

rubberduck

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • my stuff
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 08:36:53 PM »
Feats
Versatile Unarmed Strike, Throw Anything

Equipment of Note:
Glove of Taarnahm the Vigilant (PGtF)

First of all, the important thing to note is that this character's feet, hands, head, elbows, and knees are all +1 Masterslaying Fleshgrinding Tentacle weapons. (Plus whatever other abilities might seem worth adding; Exit Wound could be nice.)

As Throw Anything doesn't make any mention of unarmed strikes not being valid targets for its use, this character throws all of his extremities at an unfortunate target when he attacks. Versatile Unarmed strike allows Fleshgrinding to work, meaning that all of the thrown extremities can start to burrow into the target.

On the target's round, the victim can either continue to take damage or make Strength checks to rip out the offending limbs.

When the monk's turn comes up again, he can move and attack like normal (since nothing says otherwise, and monks can attack with any part of the body) even though he's just a torso. If the opponent happens to be holding any of the limbs at this period, the monk activates the Masterslaying ability of said limb. In this case, the limb automatically gets a critical hit, begins to grind again, and the opponent must make a Fortitude save or have their brain removed.

Wambo!
best online-comics i know: http://lfgcomic.com/ http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com
Looking for players? http://spielerzentrale.de/

me fail english? that's unpossible!
fear my new god! DARTH GOKUVERINE
poor literacy is kewl

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 12:20:08 AM »
um, crystals just attach magically, they don't have to be inserted to work.

i foresee brilliant energy monks having trouble walking on the ground... make for a great thief combo, though. walk through non-living walls. suppress the ability until you make a jump check or something. ^^

the following would be quite useful as well:

[spoiler]
Bodyfeeder

All feeder weapons have a special ability that functions only upon scoring a successful critical hit. A bodyfeeder weapon grants its wielder temporary hit points equal to the total damage dealt by a successful critical hit. These temporary hit points last for 10 minutes. Thus, if the wielder of a bodyfeeder weapon successfully scores a critical hit while the wielder still enjoys temporary hit points from a previous critical hit, the wielder gains only the better of the two values: either his current number of temporary hit points, or the new influx of temporary hit points, whichever is higher.

Strong psychometabolism; ML 12th; Craft Psionic Arms and Armor, claws of the vampire; Price +3 bonus.

Coup de Grace

Coup de grace weapons are exceptionally dangerous. On a successful critical hit, the foe must succeed on a DC 27 Will save or be paralyzed for 1 round. While this ability does work on creatures that are immune to extra damage from critical hits, it does not work on creatures without an Intelligence score. Bows, crossbows, and slings bestow this ability on their ammunition.

Strong telepathy; ML 19th; Craft Psionic Arms and Armor, psionic dominate; Price +5 bonus.

Dislocator

The wielder of this kind of weapon can attempt to dislocate a designated foe up to three times per day. On a successful hit, the foe must succeed on a DC 17 Will save or be teleported 1-100 miles in a random direction. If the weapon misses, the use is wasted. Bows, crossbows, and slings bestow this ability on their ammunition.

Strong psychoportation; ML 12th; Craft Psionic Arms and Armor, psionic teleport; Price +3 bonus.

Great Dislocator

The wielder of this kind of weapon can attempt to greatly dislocate a designated foe up to three times per day. On a successful hit, the foe must succeed on a DC 20 Will save or be cast into a random alternate plane of existence. If the weapon misses, the use is wasted. Bows, crossbows, and slings bestow this ability upon their ammunition.

Strong psychoportation; ML 12th; Craft Psionic Arms and Armor, psionic plane shift; Price +4 bonus.

Lucky

A lucky weapon offers a second chance at success. Once per day, the wielder can reroll a failed attack roll (whether a single attack or one in a series of multiple attacks) as a free action. The rerolled attack uses the same bonuses or penalties as the missed roll.

Moderate clairsentience; ML 8th; Craft Psionic Arms and Armor, fate of one; Price +1 bonus.

Mindcrusher

Any psionic creature struck in combat by a mindcrusher weapon loses a number of power points equal to half the amount of hit point damage the weapon deals (only the base damage of the weapon contributes to the power point loss; additional damage from high Strength or other sources does not cause additional power point loss). A psionic creature that is out of power points (or has none) must succeed on a DC 17 Will save or take 1d2 points of Wisdom damage.

Strong psychometabolism; ML 12th; Craft Psionic Arms and Armor, psychic vampire; Price +2 bonus.

Mindfeeder

All feeder weapons have a special ability that functions only upon scoring a successful critical hit. Once per day, a mindfeeder weapon grants its wielder temporary power points equal to the total lethal damage dealt by a successful critical hit. The wielder must decide to use the mindfeeder ability after successfully confirming a critical hit, but prior to rolling critical hit damage. These temporary power points last for 10 minutes. The wielder may not exceed his natural maximum power points per day using the mindfeeder ability. The wielder gains power points even if the target has none (effectively, its hit point damage is converted to power points). Constructs and undead are not subject to mindfeeder weapons. As with temporary hit points, temporary power points do not stack with each other; they overlap. Thus, if a mindfeeder weapon successfully scores a critical hit while the wielder still enjoys temporary power points from a previous critical hit, the wielder gains only the better of the two values: either her current number of temporary power points, or the new influx of temporary power points, whichever is higher.

Strong psychometabolism; ML 15th; Craft Psionic Arms and Armor, psychic vampire; Price +3 bonus.

Power Storing

A power storing weapon allows a manifester to store a single targeted power of up to 5 power points in the weapon. (The power must have a manifesting time of 1 standard action.) Any time the weapon strikes a creature and the creature takes damage from it, the weapon can immediately manifest the power on that creature as a swift action if the wielder desires. (This ability is an exception to the rule that manifesting a power from an item takes at least as long as manifesting that power normally.) Once the power is manifested, the weapon is empty, and a manifester can imbed any other targeted power of up to 5 power points into it. The weapon telepathically whispers to the wearer the name of the power currently stored within it. A randomly generated power storing weapon has a 50% chance to have a power stored in it already.

Strong psychokinesis; ML 12th; Craft Psionic Arms and Armor, creator must be a manifester of at least 12th level; Price +1 bonus.

Psychokinetic

Upon command, a psychokinetic weapon glows from the inside with lethal psionic energy. The energy does not harm the hands that hold the weapon. Such a weapon deals an extra 1d4 points of damage on a successful hit. This extra damage is ectoplasmic in nature and is not affected by damage reduction. Bows, crossbows, and slings bestow this ability upon their ammunition.

Moderate psychokinesis; ML 10th; Craft Psionic Arms and Armor, concussion blast; Price +1 bonus.

Soulbreaker

This weapon has a special ability that functions only upon scoring a successful critical hit. On a successful critical hit, a soulbreaker weapon bestows one negative level on the foe. One day after being struck, if the negative levels have not been purged, the subject must succeed on a DC 18 Fortitude save for each negative level or lose a character level.

Strong telepathy; ML 12th; Craft Psionic Arms and Armor, mindwipe; Price +3 bonus.

Suppression

An opponent or object struck by this kind of weapon is subject to a targeted dispel psionics power. The wielder makes a dispel check (1d20 + 5 + manifester level, maximum +15) against a DC of 11 + the manifester level of the power to be dispelled. Bows, crossbows, and slings bestow this ability upon their ammunition, but can do so only three times per day.

Moderate psychokinesis ML 10th; Craft Psionic Arms and Armor, dispel psionics; Price +2 bonus.

[/spoiler]

now if you could just find a way to make the body count as armor as well so that could be enchanted.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 12:33:31 AM by nijineko »
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 12:35:21 AM »
Feats
Versatile Unarmed Strike, Throw Anything

Equipment of Note:
Glove of Taarnahm the Vigilant (PGtF)

First of all, the important thing to note is that this character's feet, hands, head, elbows, and knees are all +1 Masterslaying Fleshgrinding Tentacle weapons. (Plus whatever other abilities might seem worth adding; Exit Wound could be nice.)

As Throw Anything doesn't make any mention of unarmed strikes not being valid targets for its use, this character throws all of his extremities at an unfortunate target when he attacks. Versatile Unarmed strike allows Fleshgrinding to work, meaning that all of the thrown extremities can start to burrow into the target.

On the target's round, the victim can either continue to take damage or make Strength checks to rip out the offending limbs.

When the monk's turn comes up again, he can move and attack like normal (since nothing says otherwise, and monks can attack with any part of the body) even though he's just a torso. If the opponent happens to be holding any of the limbs at this period, the monk activates the Masterslaying ability of said limb. In this case, the limb automatically gets a critical hit, begins to grind again, and the opponent must make a Fortitude save or have their brain removed.

Nice idea, but isn't the torso potentially an unarmed strike?

CrimsonDeath

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 12:38:03 AM »
i foresee brilliant energy monks having trouble walking on the ground...
Wildwood sandals.

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 12:52:04 AM »
ah, sweet. that's a great idea. of course, the ability can also be suppressed. amusing if all the abilities were command words, then party companions could amuse themselves by shouting them out at inopportune moments. ^^
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 01:06:55 AM »
Nipple Ring of Exquisite Pain.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2011, 01:09:15 AM »
Hmm, how about the artifical limbs found in defenders of the faith page 22, Arms of Nyr.  You could literally take them off and throw them.  Should be able to get legs too.  Also they give an unlisted +2 Str and Dex bonus which can always help.

Also what about a custom Use actived Bloodwind spell item.  You are not throwing your limbs, but it lets you make ranged attacks with all your natural attacks.