Author Topic: Flyby Attack+Dive+Landshark Boots = ??  (Read 8690 times)

DrPhro

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Flyby Attack+Dive+Landshark Boots = ??
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 01:09:03 AM »
Sorry I'm at a loss right now for how to help. My natural attack builds always used a shifter as the base species, and a lot of the ways to increase natural attacks is specific for them. Just make sure that you've got your totem avatar bound to your shoulder chakra to give a size increase to all of your natural attacks, and the girralon bound to your arms to give you a free rend. Rapid strike gives you more attacks with your claws. Primeval gives some serious stat bonuses.

That's all I have right now, but I'll probably think of something as soon as I post this.

CrimsonDeath

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 02:28:36 AM »
Oh, you're making a 3.0 character?  It's nice of your DM to back-convert the Incarnum material for you.  I was glad when they removed that rule from the Jump skill in the 3.5 conversion.

*Headthump*
In spite of your post absolutely oozing sarcasm to an unnecessary degree, thanks. I misread "Verticle reach" for "Verticle jump height" (though "Verticle Reach" of 4ft is still dodgy for Kobolds, since Races of the Dragon specifies that they can stand 4ft high if they fully extend their legs).
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic.  One of my two groups largely prefers 3.0, and one DM back-converted the Shadowcraft Mage for me (not a lot of work, but still).  Meanwhile, when they're in a 3.5 game I frequently need to remind them of changes from the revision.  Also, the revised Monk doesn't even have Leap of the Clouds, so I figured you might be building in a 3.0 environment and just forgot to mention it.  I apologize if you thought I was being mean.  (To be completely honest, I also suspected you might be playing in a 3.5 environment and simply unaware of the revision to the Jump rules, so I was also sort of fishing for information.  Still, I was trying to be helpful rather than rude or cruel.)

Also, on closer inspection, I notice that the table you reference lists the vertical reach for "average" creatures.  Given their anatomical description from RotD, one could reasonably argue that Kobolds aren't average in this respect.  (Personally, I wouldn't expect more than a foot of extra reach even from a generous DM, but sometimes every inch counts.)

Leviathan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 02:49:28 AM »
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic.  One of my two groups largely prefers 3.0, and one DM back-converted the Shadowcraft Mage for me (not a lot of work, but still).  Meanwhile, when they're in a 3.5 game I frequently need to remind them of changes from the revision.  Also, the revised Monk doesn't even have Leap of the Clouds, so I figured you might be building in a 3.0 environment and just forgot to mention it.  I apologize if you thought I was being mean. 

I think we get to chalk this one up to "Huzzah for interpreting tone on the internet!" Sorry for jumping to conclusions :)

(To be completely honest, I also suspected you might be playing in a 3.5 environment and simply unaware of the revision to the Jump rules, so I was also sort of fishing for information.  Still, I was trying to be helpful rather than rude or cruel.)

Also, on closer inspection, I notice that the table you reference lists the vertical reach for "average" creatures.  Given their anatomical description from RotD, one could reasonably argue that Kobolds aren't average in this respect.  (Personally, I wouldn't expect more than a foot of extra reach even from a generous DM, but sometimes every inch counts.)

Jump isn't a rule that I actually look at much, since I think in the last five years of running campaigns it's never been used for anything more than "Will the wizard pre-fly fall down this 8ft wide crack when trying to jump it", so I was very much unaware of the revision.

DrPhro

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 03:10:26 AM »
I thought that was just a rule that I couldn't find anywhere. Once you mentioned it I realized that all of the methods i would use to go about fixing that problem were in 3.0.  :lmao as long as it's resolved. All I can add right now is that totem rager is a pretty good class.

Leviathan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 05:51:19 AM »
I thought that was just a rule that I couldn't find anywhere. Once you mentioned it I realized that all of the methods i would use to go about fixing that problem were in 3.0.  :lmao as long as it's resolved. All I can add right now is that totem rager is a pretty good class.

True, but I'm trading in my Rage for Multiattack on +3 Favored Enemy vs Gnomes :)
Plus, the party already has one ;)