Author Topic: Incest  (Read 59221 times)

Ragitsu

• Noob
Incest
« on: May 07, 2008, 02:35:58 AM »
Has anyone here ran a game with or played a PC that was in an incestuous relationship with another PC or NPC and if so, how did it turn out?  ???

Josh

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Grape ape
    • Email
Re: Incest
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 03:47:47 AM »
Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009

Matchstickman

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 06:40:15 AM »
That's a view I've not heard, I was taught it was to keep the 'pharaoh-ship' within the family blood line. The reasoning being that one can never be certain that a child is yours if you are male but are absolutely positive if you are female, thus the bloodline would be assured if you married your sister.
Now while not socially acceptable in today's society I can see it being used as an excuse in a 'backwater' fantasy setting, e.g. the prince consolidating his family's power.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115323/-
I second watching Profit and not just for research purposes, it was a very cool series.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 07:10:01 AM by Matchstickman »
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time

Sillia

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 08:17:30 PM »

That is all.

--S

Josh

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 02:00:56 AM »
That's a view I've not heard, I was taught it was to keep the 'pharaoh-ship' within the family blood line. The reasoning being that one can never be certain that a child is yours if you are male but are absolutely positive if you are female, thus the bloodline would be assured if you married your sister.
Now while not socially acceptable in today's society I can see it being used as an excuse in a 'backwater' fantasy setting, e.g. the prince consolidating his family's power.

I am not sure that the reason is actually known, just that it was done.  I remember it because it was part of the plot of some really bad fantasy novel I read in Jr High.

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 02:38:27 AM »
Interestingly enough, I had a character who unknowingly was Having a relationship with is Mother, who was also a Lich. it got weird then he gouged out his own eyes.

Mattybee

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 08:53:28 PM »
I don't know entirely what you mean by "how did it turn out?" - I mean, I guess it would depend on the setting, etc. I play in a game stretching across several universes where one of my characters is currently nailing his (twin) sister, and where they come from, this is perfectly normal and acceptable, considering problems like babies have been eliminated. When people say it's horrible and gross, he just doesn't get why, because in his culture, the taboo does not exist.

It really depends on the culture and the circumstances of the relationship, I think, as to how it would turn out. Some cultures would be totally okay with it; some... well, yeah/

(note: I don't condone incest even though I play a character who does it!)

Fox Lee

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Me Grimfox KING!
    • Fox Lee Studios
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 11:39:53 PM »
One of the characters I'm playing at the moment has a crush on his big sister. See, he died and was pulled out of the afterlife by her - but in the same instance, he lost his memory, so by the time he started thinking of her as "my sister" instead of "the amazing woman who saved my life through force of will alone, and by the way is outrageously attractive" he was kind of stuck with it. He later recovered parts of his memory (a long story) and got into a relationship with a different character, but he's still kind of hung up on her. It doesn't seem that anything will ever come of it, but since the guy he's in a relationship with is fairly polyamorous and also likes said sister, well... I'm glad that he's undead and can't make kids, is all I'm thinking ^^;

I had a 2E character who, by accident of fate, wound up falling for his own son. Long story... the son was a Baldur's Gate II character who knew only that his father had raped his mother, though he was unaware that he was a Bhaalspawn. He eventually found out that my character, whom he had assumed was his father - because, you know, he was a guy - and therefore hated, was actually his mother, whom he loved and mourned. The moral of this story is probably to never give a confused bisexual sorceror access to "alter self". It turned out with an uneasy understanding between them, but nothing physical, excepting the sorceror's fantasies.

I once had a d20 Modern character with a somewhat tragic background, in which she saved her younger sister from ongoing sexual abuse by their father (by killing him with a crowbar... she was that kind of character). This led to a somewhat sweet but very awkward situation where my character was forced to desert her sister, after realising the younger sister had in turn fallen for her. Listening to Sarah McLachlan inspires some weird lesbian love triangles. It turned out in a "melancholy but for the best" sort of situation; the younger sister, unable to find my character, had to learn to make her own way (and became a songwriter, because I like in-jokes). I think they met up again some time in the future.

There was also an older character had a brief crush on a character she later found out was her mum, but that one never had any chance to go anywhere on account of her mum was already into her boss/commanding officer. Come to think of it, the amount of times that other characters have wound up in relationships with my character's mother is slightly disturbing. I guess I have hot mums :p
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 05:02:11 AM by Fox Lee »

Josh

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 12:38:25 AM »
Leto II the God Emperor married his own sister. 

Here is a question: If you have sex with your clone is that incest or masturbation? 

Heliomance

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 04:57:31 AM »
Incest. Your clone is not you.
A better question: someone in my local gaming group recently played a character that had two bodies, but one mind and one soul between them. Which is that?

Fox Lee

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Me Grimfox KING!
    • Fox Lee Studios
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 05:00:41 AM »
A better question: someone in my local gaming group recently played a character that had two bodies, but one mind and one soul between them. Which is that?
Delicious >:D

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 05:50:47 AM »
It depends what you define "oneself" as. If you define the self as the consciousness, it would be masturbation (and it likely would be since they would perceive and think of the same reactions as the partner since they share the same mind). If you strictly mean bodily self, then it would be incest.

I would tend to see it as masturbation though since both bodies are belonging to the one character.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Runestar

• King Kong
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 06:04:27 AM »

Probably assisted masturbation at best.... :smirk
A clear conscience is the surest sign of a failing memory.

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 11:16:19 AM »
DOn't forget that the taboo of incest is one thing EVERY society has in common, the only thing they don't have inc ommon is what exactly constitutes incest.

In some society's  it's pretty ok to bone your sister, in others, it's not.  Most societies agree that it's wrong to bone your mother and so on.  So basically, every place you go, it's wrong to screw at least one member of your family.

Btw, Jaime Lannister boned his twin sister a lot before figuring out she was one crazy bitch and dumping her.  If you wanted reference.

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 02:43:42 PM »
I got a hot sister  8) too bad I didn't inherit any of it and got stuck with the  :teach
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 04:10:21 PM »
I got a hot sister  8) too bad I didn't inherit any of it and got stuck with the  :teach

Pics or it didn't happen.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 04:26:24 PM »
European royalty until recent times was basically one big incestious family. So incest could be possible in a campaign where all the royalty was somehow related to each other and the rule was that royalty could only marry other royalty.

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 04:38:53 AM »

I know, I'll try to dig up a nice picture somewhere when I get home again, which will be in 36 hours or so.... have fun fantisysing until then ;)
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 10:20:48 AM »

I know, I'll try to dig up a nice picture somewhere when I get home again, which will be in 36 hours or so.... have fun fantisysing until then ;)

:smirk
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 07:08:29 PM »
Oh, we will fantasize...  :smirk
Yes, that should sound highly disturbing.

(We need the :bwahaha smiley.)
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]