Author Topic: Incest  (Read 59132 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Incest
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2008, 07:31:38 AM »
Eating human brains also supposedly gives you the human equivalnet of mad cow..

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2008, 08:59:15 AM »
it sure beats fucking a goat and contractng aids which kills millions  ;)
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2008, 04:17:53 PM »
wat?
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2008, 08:13:33 PM »
[spoiler]Aids is supposedly (inconclusive as of yet) created when a Human had sex with an animal, in particular a goat...[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2008, 12:29:07 AM »
I thought it was from people eating monkeys?

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2008, 01:27:18 AM »
I thought it was from people eating monkeys?

That's one of MANY theories since there's a simian version of HIV (SIV) which is thought to be transferred from monkeys/primates/humans via blood getting into cuts or meat consumption.

There are tons of other pretty outrageous theories out there about AIDs, but frankly, I think it was the SIV mutation that started it all... But then again, I really don't know much about AIDS and don't care to investigate more. I just know I don't want to contract it.

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2008, 04:45:30 AM »
Which leads us 3 simple conclusions:
1 Don't eat human brain
2 Don't contaminate yourself with ape blood
3 Do not bang any goats!  ;)

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2008, 05:57:16 AM »
How about sheep? are sheep boinkable?
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2008, 08:03:02 AM »

Depends where you live  :)
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: June 28, 2008, 08:42:55 AM »

Depends where you live  :)
And whether you like to have a good grip on things  :eh

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2008, 12:16:06 PM »
I think thats the national passtime of New Zealand, actually.  No offense to any New Zealanders out there... 

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2008, 02:08:04 PM »
I know a Norweigan guy on another forum. He'd joke about that a lot. It was something like...

Welcome to Norway, where the men are men, the women are women, and the sheep are scared. :P
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Josh

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2008, 04:26:15 PM »

No, eating brains allows for the transmission of this disease.  It does not cause it.
Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: June 28, 2008, 04:28:59 PM »

No, eating brains allows for the transmission of this disease.  It does not cause it.

So then what causes it?  And I thought it was all flesh (i.e, feeding cows hamburgers, pigs => bacon, etc)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2008, 07:32:25 PM »
I think thats the national passtime of New Zealand, actually.  No offense to any New Zealanders out there... 

This thread is beginning to remind me of Black Sheep

http://www.blacksheep-themovie.com/

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2008, 08:18:48 AM »
So I'm not the only one who thought of that movie :P
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Runestar

• King Kong
« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2008, 10:09:35 AM »
This reminds me of an article some time back about this guy who got arrested for screwing a dead sheep. Or was it a cow?

See what you peeps made me do? :P
A clear conscience is the surest sign of a failing memory.

Runestar

• King Kong
« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2008, 11:10:47 AM »
While we are at it, what exactly is it about incest which you feel makes it "wrong"?

Scientists cite how the offspring of 2 blood-related parents has a higher chance of suffering from birth defects. But going by this logic, if both parties vowed not to have any children of their own (say the female has her tubes tied), then there would be no more reservations as to why they cannot be together. Likewise, there is no legislation prohibiting people with hereditary health problems or birth defects from procreating, which seems to smack of double standards.

As for societal norms, different cultures seem to have slightly varying stances on just what constitutes incest, and to this day, I can't seem to obtain a satisfactory answer outside of "because they said so".

Personally, I do feel that there is really anything wrong with this, so long as both parties involved are happy together.

Your views/opinions? :)
A clear conscience is the surest sign of a failing memory.

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2008, 11:37:02 AM »
Incest is either viewed as good or bad for the same reasons. Blood relatives having children. In cultures where it is good, it is preserving a pure blood line. In cultures where it is bad, it is going against nature. Also, it depends on the relation. Brother and sister, in a society where incest is bad, is viewed as far better than parent and child. In fact on case we think was cited earlier in the thread (or on wikipedia) was a brother sister couple in Europe that have made their nation question the law on incest. Had it been parent-child, there would have been a harsher reaction.

In roleplaying though, incest is a trait, a hook, or a random event (more on that). As a trait, a character has a non-platonic relationship with a relative, normally a sibling in fantasy. As a hook, a character has had a child with a relative (brother and sister or father and daughter in most cases) and the child is of enough importance to merit adventure. As a random event, it normally does not involve the PCs and is just weird or disturbing. If you are cruel enough and want to stop a sex-obsess player, that young barmaid he just slept with was his sister (he just didn't know it). Incest as a random event should be kept to a minimum. Incest as a trait or hook can be used within the players limits. Incest is a hard subject and should be handled delicately to avoid offending any players.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: July 02, 2008, 04:17:57 PM »
As for societal norms, different cultures seem to have slightly varying stances on just what constitutes incest, and to this day, I can't seem to obtain a satisfactory answer outside of "because they said so".
I have the same problem... the likely response is "because it's your sister/brother/uncle/aunt/nephew/X". I think it is just something that creeped its way into modern culture..

In the same fashion I don't see the problem with gay people. Are they any different than straight people? It's like rejecting people over the color of their skin. Like that makes any difference...

History sets all of these biases (slavery/bible) and I think people should break loose of both of these and form their own opinion.