Author Topic: Holy Warrior build question.  (Read 1449 times)

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
Holy Warrior build question.
« on: April 21, 2011, 06:18:21 PM »
Hi all.  I am looking for opinions on which build I should go for.  Right now we are level 6 and I am planning on being the main damage dealer.  Right now I am a cleric4/ordained champion2.  LG with 14s in strength, constitution, and charisma, 12 in intelligence, 10 in dexterity, and 16 (with level up) in wisdom.  I got three builds in mind.  One is cleric4/ordained champion3/prestige paladin1/deadgrim4/ http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2752.0 this version of shining blade of Heironeous3/Church Inquisitor2/Divine Oracle2/Contemplative1.  Another is almost the same as above except after the shining blade I go Hospitaler4/Contemplative1.  Third is dropping the shining blade and replacing it with Hospitaler4/Divine Oracle2/Church Inquisitor2.  Any advice is more then welcome.  Thanks.

Edit:  The race is human.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:22:32 PM by SeekingKnight »

Goodlad

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Holy Warrior build question.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 05:59:58 PM »

I play a similar char to your own at the moment in a game.
If you are going to dip into prestige paladin then gotfor the second level in it. I know you drop 1 caster level but its worth it for divine grace.

Then take the feat Serenity. It will switch all paladin abilities to wisdom instead of charisma for you.

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 07:22:51 PM »
Where do I find that feat?

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 07:35:05 PM »
dragon mag #306

solara

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 06:28:05 PM »
Is Book of Exalted Deeds allowed in your game? If so, I'd go with Fist of Raziel combined with 1 level of Prestige Paladin, if you like it - the only trick is you can't take the 4th level of Ordained Champion if you want 9th level spells (which I'll assume you do). I'd stay away from Hospitaler, but that's just my opinion - I think there are other, better ways to spend you levels.

If you can take Fist of Raziel, I'd go: Cleric 4 / Ordained Champion 5/ Fist of Raziel 10 / Prestige Paladin 1. Gives you 6 smites per day, I think.
If you want to finagle divine grace in, maybe go:
Cleric 4 / Ordained Champion 5 / Prestige Paladin 2 (or 3, since it doesn't lose a caster level) / Anything that doesn't lose caster levels. Contemplative is nice, so is Sacred Exorcist, etc.

The Cleric handbook is a great reference: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=420.0