Author Topic: What is the most cost/xp efficient way to do lots of long range communication?  (Read 4112 times)

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
10 ranks in Craft (Cell Phone)?
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
SPEAKING Stones don't seem to last for a while... the spell just lasts for, like, a day a level.  Really bad deal...

It looks like Aspect Mirrors and Sending Stones is it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:43:03 PM by Gavinfoxx »
BG's other resident furry!

Caelic

• Hong Kong
There's also the possibility of training Deepwardens for the unlimited Sending ability.  On the plus side, no up-front cost; on the minus side, level 11 characters aren't all THAT common. 

Besides, a Dwarf's going to make a pretty ugly Uhura stand-in.

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
There's also the possibility of training Deepwardens for the unlimited Sending ability.  On the plus side, no up-front cost; on the minus side, level 11 characters aren't all THAT common.  

Besides, a Dwarf's going to make a pretty ugly Uhura stand-in.

Eh, you just need to find them, uh, charismatic gold dwarf women... no penalty to cha! ;)
BG's other resident furry!

Felix Underwood

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
I wanted to say a bunch of level 3 Binders w/Malpheas.  Pairs of binders swap their doves/ravens... but I think the pact ends every 24 hours whether you want it to or not...  Am I reading that wrong?  Can a binder just leave an existing pact active every day?

Warlock's call is greater, and would require and 11th level warlock to relay messages.

Simulacrums of Formian Queens (with hats of disguise if you wish) would probably be a tad expensive.  (but 50 mile telepathy is kinda nice)

Perhaps make immobile scrying areas using Rune Circles and other magic item cost reducers...  two stations each scry on each other.  It could be kinda like the holographic communications devices from star wars.