Author Topic: warbands  (Read 1814 times)

lorddarioush

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
warbands
« on: April 19, 2011, 07:18:31 PM »
so ya, i wanted to figure out how warbands work.. been reading trough the miniatures handbook but i cant find how i can calculate how many points a single character/creature would cost... any1??

thnx -D

SneeR

• Bi-Curious George
  • Sneering
Re: warbands
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:17:49 AM »
Sounds like a simple question, though I do not know the answer. Rather than creating an entire thread for it, maybe try post it in the latestAsk a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread. Someone is bound to know the answer there for such an innocuous question.
The answer to everything:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
SneeR
[spoiler]
I don't know if the designers meant you to take Skill Focus for every feat.
Sounds a little OP.

The monk is clearly the best class, no need to optimize here. What you are doing is overkill.

It's like people who have no idea what a turn signal is. They ruin it for everyone else.
When another driver brandishes a holy symbol and begins glowing with divine light, seek cover or get spattered with zombie brains. I do not see what is so complicated about this.
[/spoiler]

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 03:54:21 AM »
Warbands are the creatures you use in the minis game (which the Miniatures Handbook was fittingly enough written to tie in with). It's sort of like your deck in Magic and other CCGs. Each miniature has an associated stat card that lists how it acts, what its stats are (including cost), and so forth. IIRC, normal warbands are made form 200 points, while Epic warbands are 500 or more. You'll have to check the individual cards to see what they are, but you can probably find them on Wizards's website. You can find the current version here, but those are for the new version of the minis game which is based off the 4th edition rules.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

lorddarioush

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 06:28:54 AM »
Warbands are the creatures you use in the minis game (which the Miniatures Handbook was fittingly enough written to tie in with). It's sort of like your deck in Magic and other CCGs. Each miniature has an associated stat card that lists how it acts, what its stats are (including cost), and so forth. IIRC, normal warbands are made form 200 points, while Epic warbands are 500 or more. You'll have to check the individual cards to see what they are, but you can probably find them on Wizards's website. You can find the current version here, but those are for the new version of the minis game which is based off the 4th edition rules.
so basically: creatures have points assigned, and if they dont, theres simply no way to calculate how much points they'd be?
im lookin for 3.5 setting by the way...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:06:33 AM by lorddarioush »

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 04:20:41 PM »
so basically: creatures have points assigned, and if they dont, theres simply no way to calculate how much points they'd be?
im lookin for 3.5 setting by the way...

Yeah, there's no way to calculate the points. It's even harder to convert PCs into the rules (ToB and MoI weren't designed with Minis in mind).

Really, the Minis Handbook holds very little value to a DM. It has a few goodies for players, but DMs can ignore it.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 08:36:45 PM »
Really, the Minis Handbook holds very little value to a DM. It has a few goodies for players, but DMs can ignore it.
The relatively low-CRed Avatars of various deities and Demon lords can be used for E6 campaigns quite nicely, for what it's worth.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 09:08:06 PM »
The relatively low-CRed Avatars of various deities and Demon lords can be used for E6 campaigns quite nicely, for what it's worth.

Aspects you mean. And most of those have been superseded by the web enhancement for Expedition to Demonweb Pits and Dragon Magic.

[spoiler][/spoiler]