Author Topic: Spells that deserve more attention!  (Read 60495 times)

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Spells that deserve more attention!
« Reply #340 on: April 21, 2011, 12:37:23 AM »
Plane Shift.  OMG.  Creature Touched (or up to 8 willing creatures).  Will negates.  Single Handedly the best save-or-die and utility, and never gets mentioned as such (ok, ok, so its a little harder to loot the body)...

Between that and Slay Living, makes Clerics the best assasins in the game.  OK, so I'm off to make a core Cleric/Assasin...
As a save or die it ranks up there with phantasmal killer.

Melee touch attack + will save.  Yeah.  Plus about a 90% chance that any significant opponent is just going to come back angry with extraplanar allies, since your GM can't pass up the blatant plot opportunity.
This is why you buy a scroll of genesis and make a waterless/freezing/flowing-time/airless plane to shift them to, with traps of a specially-prepared Permanencied Antimagic Field set to attach itself to anyone who goes there, so they die an agonizing death, but as far as you're concerned they're dead as soon as you send them there. When you want to go collect your stuff, just prepare yourself for a bit of airless discomfort first (since the AMF doesn't affect you).
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]