Author Topic: Let's Play - Super Robot Wars K! Now up to ep 15!  (Read 87310 times)

Neon Knight

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Let's Play - Super Robot Wars K! Now up to ep 10!
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2011, 10:11:58 PM »
Let's go with Sheldia's theme, for pretty much the reasons Tengu said.

Also: poor Kameo, having to be in such a hostile environment.

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2011, 02:32:42 PM »
I likewise vote for Sheldia's theme.  Instead of always going with one theme, though, I propose cycling through the themes every mission, starting with Sheldia, then going to Angelica, and ending back at Mist (maybe skip him for a round or two).

And yeah, she really is considerably more likable than the other two OCs.

Steam

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
Sheldia's theme is good, but I like Angelica's theme the most out of the original protagonists.
"While I'm away, will you please take care of yourself?  [Alcohol] is not good for your health."
"Alcohol is humanity's friend.  Can I abandon a friend?"
"Even if people think so, what about the alcohol?"
"It's always alcohol's real wish to be drunk."

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Let's Play - Super Robot Wars K! Now up to ep 11!
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2011, 07:54:11 PM »
Let's switch the Mist and Friends themes around then. At least for a bit, until we get a good hear of all three and get bored of them.

Episode 11 part 1!
What a D*ck!

What's this, part one? That's right - this mission consists of two sub-stages. It also means each individual sub-stage is shorter than usual. But still long enough to make a seperate update out of both. At least this time.

Mist: Angelica, I'm sorry! I didn't tell you before because... I didn't want to worry you.
Angelica: That's your reason, Mist?
Mist: I know, it can sound kinda stupid. But I think your father might still be alive. I didn't see him die, just prepare to... okay, that sounded wrong. Anyway, it is not that our machines even have self-destruct mechanisms.
Angelica: Mist, you're such a thick-headed idiot sometimes...

Sheldia: That's right, he really is. Ow, ow, my arm!
Carmen: Now, you know only bad girls eavesdrop on others, right?
Sheldia: But it's Mist, so that's an exception! Ow! Quit it!

Re Mii: What's the deal with the whole melodrama lately? First we get transported to the Darius world and now this? It totally sucks!
Ana: It sucks indeed, but at least we can enjoy the sights while we're at it!
Lioubov: Princess! I mean, the other princess! Please don't act rude like that!
Re Mii: Me, rude? I'm the very picture of goddamn wholesomeness!

Ruuji: Wow... even Re Mii is angry lately. I mean, angrier than usual. Oh, Daiya! You're up already?
Daiya: That was an awesome nap! What happened? Everyone aboard Daiku Maryu is touchy today.
Re Mii: Beats me. Must be Mist's fault for getting into stupid love triangles.
Ruuji: Ah! Re Mii is here again. Umm... I heard you got told off for not acting like a princess...
Re Mii: Well, excuuuuse me for being raised the way I was. I'm glad Ra Kan did it the way he did!
Ruuji: I didn't mean that. I mean... it is alright to not act like a princess. Re Mii should just act like Re Mii.
Re Mii: Huh, that's a new one...
Daiya: And I am just happy we're here to kick Darius ass. They'll pay for what they did to my dad!
Ruuji: Talk about simple minded...

End of character development, time for plot!

Nouza: Grumble mumble, must defeat Gaiking.
Suspage: Grumble mumble, stupid Proist.
Proist: Leave the comments inside your empty heads. The Emperor has a message for us all.

???: Enjoy my little toy, Highness.
Emperor: I shall. It was not excavated for no reason, after all.

Emperor Darius the 16th 17th

Emperor: My generals, look at the Iron Beast Graneps! Its special power, power to extinguish a Flame, will be Gaiking's bane.
Nouza: Gaiking! I will defeat him this time!
Emperor: Proist, I bestow Graneps on you. Use it to destroy the ones that threaten Darius.
Nouza: Wait, what?
Emperor: Also, the remaining three of you - threat every word that comes from Proist's mouth as my own. Listen to all orders.
Proist: Excellent.
Vestanu: I understand, Sire.
Nouza: WHAT!
Suspage: WHAAAAT!
???: Ha ha ha. What an amusing turn of events for the Darius empire...

Puria: Aaah! It's the back-stabber? What is he doing on board?
Rosa: Regrettably for such a dangerous man, the Captain decided we would need his strength.
Dick: Come on, these words wound me! I didn't shoot you in the back on purpose, Puria - I aimed at the enemy and Stinger got there as an accident.
Puria: Yeah, right! Like hell I believe that!

Dick Arcane, no-good gambler and ladies' man

Dick: Anyway, where's Ruru? I bet the flower of her beauty grew over all these years. And I see Daiku Maryu got more lovely ladies on board in the meantime. I wouldn't mind getting to know them all, if you know what I mean.
Tsubaki: Urgh, what a pervert!
Ruru: Dick is back? I will retreat to my room - please don't tell him...
Anna: Who's that guy? How creepy...
Gou: Hey, hands off my wife, lover-boy!
Monko: Heh. What a charmer, that one!
Yagyu: Umm, Monko. Your eyes are heart-shaped...

I guess even sleazy lolicons can get some love. Cross-series love, even! Anyway, training time!

Gainer: Gainer team, ready?
Kenji: Awright! Let's beat each other up!
Dick: Hold it.
Daiya: Huh?
Dick: I don't like this formation. It doesn't fit my style - truth to be told, all that teamwork crap? Doesn't work for me. I prefer solo action.
Puria: Typical Dick! Why did you join us in the first place then, you jerk?
Dick: I just like risk and excitement of a battle, you could say.
Sheldia: Hey, what gives? Someone started shooting in the middle of maneuvers!
Mist: It... wasn't me.

Proist: Divide and conquer. Gaiking is away from most of its allies - now is the time to attack. Deploy the Beast when they get close.
Dick: And here's the excitement I was talking about! Hey, Ruru - can you get Daiku Maryu here? Don't want you to miss all the fun.
Ruru: Umm... Captain?
Garis: We'll be right there.

The battle starts - Proist's forces are few and they're the usual Darius mooks (including turtles), so obviously something nasty is coming our way.

Mist: First I get stuck with damn lolicons who like underage girls, and now I get ambushed? What a crappy day!
Sheldia: At least you have me, Mist! Come on, let's show them our teamwork!

Dick: This Killer Jaguar pilots just like old times. Come, Darius scum - test your luck! Sauria Gaze!

Proist: They're in position. Side group, deploy!
Daiya: Huh, there's more of them! And they have a new robot!
Ruuji: Don't worry Daiya, Gaiking is here too!

Garis: All units, sortie!
Ruru: Captain...
Garis: What is it, Ruru? Another premonition?
Ruru: Yes. It's coming from the new Iron Beast... I sense no black flame this time. Only... fear.
Dick: You heard the lady, guys! Dunno about you, but I plan to avoid the new thing!

Mist: Huh? Where's Serius? Why didn't Angelica sortie?
Rosa: She's unavailable. She wouldn't be able to pilot in her current mental condition, so I decided against it.
Mist: Angelica... I really should've told her about her father sooner.
Sheldia: She's really close to you, huh Mist? I wonder - closer than me or not?
Mist: No! I mean... yes! I mean... Wait, this is a battle! No time to talk about this!

The victory conditions change! From the good old "destroy all enemies", they switch to a choice: down Proist's Zerogaia OR reduce Graneps to 50% HP.

The former obviously gives us more rewards so let's do that.

Proist: Main cannon, fire!
Ra Kan: Watch out, Ruuji!
Ruuji: Aah! They're all ganging up on Liger!

Once again, Zoid units' lack of serious air attacks is a real kick in the butt.

Dick: Woah, it's coming at me after all. But can you match Jaguar's speed?

There's an option of downing Graneps, if I can bring it to 0 from a bit above a half of its HP. That's a big "if" - we just saw it has 18000 HP total. Don't think I have an option to do over 9 thousand in one shot. Vegeta can sleep safely.

Puria: Daiya! Time for Sky Combination!
Daiya: Right! Sky Gaiking - Double Despair SIGHT!

Proist: Urk! But you fell for my... trap.
Daiya: Huh?

Daiya: Ah! Where did these four spring from... hey, stop holding Gaiking down, you jerks!
Proist: Graneps, strike now!

Daiya: Waaaaugh! Oh no... Gaiking! I can't move!
Proist: Capture Gaiking and retreat! The day is ours!

Kenji: Dammit! They just grabbed Gaiking like a bag of groceries!
Puria: No... Daiya!

Oh no! Did the bad guys actually triumph this time? The next scene has this as its soundtrack - click while reading. Yes, it's obligatory.

Emperor: Gaiking was captured? Excellent, Proist. I knew my faith in you was not ill-placed.
Proist: What did you expect? I am after all a cut above the fools we call our generals.
Suspage: How dare you!
Proist: Just one word and you lose your tongue - and more, Suspage. I think it is time you learned of my true identity.
Vestanu: The armor... it comes off?!

Proist, the Emperor's daughter and successor

Proist: Of course! I see you have some brains behind that pretty face of yours, Vestanu. Ah! It feels good to be outside that metal coffin for a change.
Nouza: Not a droid?! Is that really... the Emperor's...
Emperor: In a word, yes. Proist is the successor to the throne of Darius. I repeat, treat her words as my own.
Proist: Today's the day I defeated Gaiking, with these very own hands. Bow down and pledge your loyalty to me!

Dick: Told you to avoid the monster. In a way, it's your fault Daiya got caught.
Puria: What?! I ought to beat your face in here and now, you...
Lee: No, that's right. Sorry - we messed up.
Dick: Lee, admitting his mistakes? What happened when I was gone?
Rosa: It does not matter who is at fault here. This is not the end, we must focus on retaking Daiya and Gaiking.
Kouji: Too bad we don't know where he is.

Vestanu: Citizens of Darius, this is General Vestanu speaking. The terrorist robot known as Gaiking was captured recently, and will be executed soon. The execution will be broadcasted, but if you want to witness it personally, here is the location...
Mist: Well, that was easy! Let's go there and rescue Daiya - what could go wrong?

What could go wrong indeed. But first, an intermission. Just because it's a two-parter doesn't mean we cannot upgrade and switch robots in the meantime.

And since the intermission exists mostly to show off new units, here's one:

Killer Jaguar: very good dodger thanks to its S rank on land, and can fly in a pinch too. But other than that... it's pretty meh. Slightly stronger than your usual support unit, but it cannot support in any way. No repair or resupply - not sure what Banpresto intended this unit to do. Well, there's one thing, but that comes next mission...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 08:30:51 PM by Cubey »

Tengusaur

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2011, 08:11:43 PM »
Now you know what I meant when I said Rainbow Jerk is the second most unfortunate name in this game.

Steam

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2011, 08:38:03 PM »
Well, calling him Dick is appropriate.  The guy really never stops being an inconvenience.  He just... slowly shifts around to inconvenience other people.
"While I'm away, will you please take care of yourself?  [Alcohol] is not good for your health."
"Alcohol is humanity's friend.  Can I abandon a friend?"
"Even if people think so, what about the alcohol?"
"It's always alcohol's real wish to be drunk."

Neon Knight

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2011, 08:48:51 PM »
Cliffhanger! Dun dun dun!

Does Re-Mii have two sisters called Fa-So and La-Ti?

Tengusaur

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2011, 08:59:55 PM »
No. Just one called Flan-Dre.

Also, Dick is a gambler, huh? No wonder his appearance reminded me of children's card games.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2011, 11:26:40 PM »
Vestanu: Citizens of Darius, this is General Vestanu speaking. The terrorist robot known as Gaiking was captured recently, and will be executed soon.
The robot will be executed? Oh no! What will they do, decapitation? :p
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2011, 10:33:12 AM »
Exactly that. And then Ryusei will be sad.

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2011, 09:23:01 PM »
Could we get a status update?  How are teams presently arranged, and what units are you presently considering upgrading/saving up for upgrading?

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2011, 03:02:08 PM »
Status update? Alright - I'll give one at the end of this episode, if you do not mind. I... kinda forgot what teams we had in the previous scenario already.

Anyway, moving on!

Episode 11 part 2!
A simple rescue operation!

Nouza: Proist, are you really the Emperor's daughter?
Proist: Suspicious, aren't we Nouza? Very well, I'll humor you this time. Follow me.
Nouza: A high security zone? What's this? ... ! This is!
Proist: Indeed, this vat has a clone of your body inside. But that's not all - you are a clone as well! A clone of me to be precise. Should anything happen to my beautiful body, I will have my brain transplanted to yours.
Nouza: Clone... I am a...
Proist: Pretty much just spare parts, Nouza. That's what you are!
Nouza: AAAAAAH!

Sakon: With Kyo's help, we managed to think of a rescue plan.
Lee: Alright, let's hear it!
Kenji: Huh, Kyo? You made up a plan?
Kyo: Gaiking's Flame was snuffed out, so we have to restart it. With Jeeg's specifications in mind, I decided you should use the Spin Storm.
Kenji: Woah, you want me to shoot Gaiking? You sure Daiya'll be alright?
Sakon: It's better than death, isn't it? The second stage involves Daiku Maryu's support craft. Armed with fully loaded batteries, you will re-energize Gaiking.
Puria: You guys better do well, ya hear me?
Hacchi: You got it Sis!
Yanma: Huh, where's Dick?

Dick: More teamwork? Tch... there's no helping it, I guess...
Ruru: I'm sorry if you don't like it, but it's the only way to save Daiya!
Dick: He means a lot to you, right Ruru? Well then, if I rescue him, how about you owe me a kiss?
Ruru: Umm...
Dick: Ha, just kidding, kidding! I'll wait until you grow up first.
Garis: Dick! Are you hitting on my personnel again!
Dick: Aah! Gotta run!

The execution draws near...

Proist: This is the end for you, Gaiking! And its pilot, whatever the hell your name is. Soon, your existence will cease - how does that feel?
Cain: General, are you unwell? You do not look good.

Nouza: No... I just have to... kill Gaiking and finish this...
Cain: What happened between him and Proist?
Proist: Nouza, execute the terrorist!
Nouza: Yes...

Tsubaki: Remember Kenji, use Spin Storm when you get close to Gaiking!
Kenji: I know, even I don't forget stuff like that so easily!
Tsubaki: You sure about that?
Daiya: It's Daiku Maryu! Boy, am I glad you guys are here!

Mist: Hey, I see Serius. Are you alright now, Angelica?
Angelica: Yes... sorry for earlier, Mist. I understand now that you were only trying to protect me. But I cannot be protected forever! It's my turn to fight now!
Sheldia: That's the spirit! Just don't forget, I'm Mist's partner now.
Mist: Hey, these things aren't set in stone or anything...
Angelica: It's alright, Sheldia. I found a pilot willing to cover my back.
Kouji (Tetsuya): Hello!

Angelica: Now, let's go!

Sheldia: Hey, we gotta do better than that, right Mist? Let's break through!
Mist: What's this, a one-upmanship contest?

It feels so weird for Mist, out of all people, to play the straight man.

Kouji: That's the spirit, guys! Go, go, take all Darius mooks down!
Sayaka: Watch out Kouji! The robot from before is attacking!

That's right, they have Graneps from before. And a battleship (piloted by a droid soldier, not Proist or Suspage for a change). And Cain. And Nouza - in a new unit.

Kotona: Try to match my speed!
Cain: Not good! Please snap out of it, General Nouza! We're under attack!

Kyo: We'll lose if we spread our forces too thin. Focus on one target!
Kenji: Right!
Van: Fine, umm... what was your name again?

Gou: And for the final blow - Dannar Kick!
Anna: Go(u-chin)! Sorry for that, hehe...

What, no comment from the enemy that their prized unit was just destroyed? Huh. I guess Proist considers everything that's not herself an acceptable loss.

Angelica: Madra, bayonet mode! Activate and attack!
Kouji: Hey, are you okay?
Angelica: It's nothing serious. Look, there's an opening to Gaiking now!

And about time, because...

Nouza: Execute... Gaiking...
Daiya: Waah! Hurry up, guys! They cannot hear me anyway, can they...

Cain: I cannot let you retrieve Gaiking!
Re Mii: Then we'll walk over your body! Make way!

Kenji: Okay, this is my cue! Spin STOOORM!
Puria: Now! Use batteries, bums!
Yanma: Righto!
Lee: On it!
Dick: Heh...
Puria: Dick, what are you doing?! Don't tell me!
Dick: I'm no backstabber. Just wanted to add drama. Here we go...

Daiya: Controls light up? Power's at full! Aaaah! It feels good to move again!
Cain: I couldn't stop them... Gaiking is operational now. I'm sorry, General Nouza. General?

Nouza: A ha ha ha! Gaiking can fight again? Excellent - then it's my fate to fight Gaiking! Screw being spare parts or not. This is what I was made to do!

Nouza is back to normal - good! ... I guess. All's left to do now is to clean up the area and run before reinforcements come.

Daiya: Counter Cross!
And Gaiking being operational helps a lot with that.

Dick: Let's get rid of that unsightly Zerogaia. I bet all chips on my Zector Tail!

It's like the game was telling me to destroy bosses with Dick. Double the money, because of his Luck spirit skill - but also double the annoyance, because... well, Dick.

Nouza: Come, Gaiking! Does this look familiar to you? Chest BREAAK!
Daiya: Arrgh! That Nouza... what power!

Don't underestimate Nouza's new unit, Baleon. His final attack can one-shot robots less tanky than Gaiking. And because it's not the end of bad news yet...

Zairin: Time for me to strike! Give up all Zoids and Reggel, or face the consequences!
Ruuji: It's the Raptor from before! What is it doing here!
Zairin: I take it as a no.

Ruuji: Aaah!
Shizuru: Ruuji-kun!
Re Mii: Ruuji!
Ra Kan: Hang in there, I have your back!
Zairin: I don't think so.

Ra Kan: Urk...
Ruuji: Ra Kan! Oh no, what do I do... aaaah! Help me! Hayate Liger!

Zairin: That speed!
Ruuji: Are you alright, mr Ra Kan?
Ra Kan: Somehow... but what happened, Ruuji? Hayate Liger?
Ruuji: The name just sprung to my mind out of nowhere!
Kenji: Eh, Murasame Liger can transform?

Apparently it can. The correct name is "Evolt" though. Are we supposed to know that at this point yet? Someone Zoids-savvy please inform me.

Ruuji: I won't let you hurt my friends! Hayate Liger, let's go!
Zairin: Almost had me there... Hell Armor barely holds up...

Shizuru: Don't move.

Shizuru: Pick on someone your own size the next time.
Boss: Ooh, scary...
Zairin: The ambush was supposed to be perfect!

Zairin out of the way, Darius mooks out of the way. All's left is Nouza himself.

Daiya: Dick! Work with me!
Dick: Your "teamwork" ideals rub me the wrong way. Fair enough, let's do it just once. Death Fire!
Nouza: Not yet! Ha ha - my flame's burning strong!

Unfortunately for Nouza, pretending to be Getter Robo costs him 50 energy a pop. And since his unit has "only" 250 of that, soon enough the inevitable happens.

Baleon runs dry.
Nouza: No, I am not done yet! Gaiking, from hell's heart I stab at thee!

Daiya: My shield still holds, try fighting a whale the next time!

Anna: Wow, everyone showed great teamwork this time, Gou-chin!
Gou: You're right Anna. Let's present our own!
Anna: Godannar Combination!

Nouza: I'm defeated now... but I'll come for you yet, Gaiking! Daiya, eternal conflict is our shared fate! Look forward to it!

Proist: Gaiking managed to escape?

Proist: Incompetent fools! I'll deal with it personally! Daiku Maryu will disappear from the face of our world - into OBLIVION! A ha ha ha ha!

Kouji T: Okay! That was easier done than said!
Gou: You're supposed to say it the other way around. Wait, is that...
Emperor: Daiku Maryu, you are an eyesore. We banish you from the Darius lands!
Proist: Open the gate! Cast them into void!
Mist: Not agaaaain!

Kouji K: Phew! Everyone alive?
Mist: I hit my head...
Rosa: It seems we made it safely. But where are we now?
Anna: Somehow, we're on the Moon!

That's right, we're back on Earth now. Well, the Moon technically. Or at least that's how it looks like. What's the truth? Only time will tell.

Intermission, where we discover something new.

Pilot parts that do not provide new abilities, just upgrade existing stats. In this case, Accuracy. I'm giving it to someone who actually has trouble connecting with a hit. In other words, Kouji Kabuto. Seriously, ~130? Most people have at least 20 more than that!

There's no new units, but Liger has a new form now - Hayate Liger. If Murasame was the balanced form, this is the speedster. It also solves the "no anti-air" problem, all of its attacks can hit flying opponents. On the other side, armor is thinner and weapons are slightly weaker.

Current roster, with pairs and notes on upgrading:
[spoiler]Gaiking (Daiya) and Serpent (Lee)
Godannar (Gou) and Neo Okusaer (Anna)
Dann of Thursday (Van) and Boss Borot (Boss)
Core Gunner (Shizuru) and Killer Jaguar (Dick)
King Gainer (Gainer) and Panther (Sara)
Jeeg (Kenji) and Big Shooter (Kyo)
Sword Wolf (Ra Kan) and Stinger (Puria)
Rainbow Jerk (Kotona) and Kanitank Bunker Crab (Yanma)
Mazinger Z (Kouji K) and Diana A (Sayaka)
G Gunner (Kouji T) and Build Angel (Yagyu)
Murasame Liger (Ruuji) and Lanstag (Re Mii)

Plot units: Revlius (Mist), Serius (Angelica), Serius II (Sheldia) - all seperate

My upgrade plans are as follows: I spend money on everything that's in the first slot, and also all Zoids and Revlius. Units in the second slot are mostly support so upgrading them is a waste.
However, I wonder about Core Gunner and Zero Gunner. They are rather average and get left behind power-wise in mid- and lategame. Maybe I shouldn't upgrade them too heavily...[/spoiler]

But wait! This is not all! Wait patiently and an important mini-update should appear soon after this post! A mini-update with audience participation.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 03:04:36 PM by Cubey »

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Let's Play - Super Robot Wars K! Now up to ep 12!
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2011, 03:41:08 PM »
Reminder, the update proper is right above. Make sure to read it first if you didn't yet.

Episode 12 prologue!
The most important choice!

What are the heroes up to on the moon? How about... making sure it's actually the moon!

Gou: I am not a geographer, but both Earth and the Moon look like they should. However, I cannot contact Dannar Base's space outpost.
Garis: Something is causing huge EMP interference. We are blind and deaf to the outside world - unless we find that "something".
Angelica: Serius was made to operate in extreme jamming conditions. We can locate the source of interference.
Mist: Wait, what, we? I didn't volunteer! But I guess there's no other choice, is there? Here we go again...
Sheldia: Hey, don't think you can leave me behind. I'm coming too!

Van: Hey, you...
Rosa: I'm not "you"! The name is Rosa, Rosa Belnikov!
Van: Ah. Well, just to confirm - we're on a different planet again.
Rosa: That's the case.
Van: Damn! The Claw Man slips further away from me!

Soon, mass hysteria follows. Not that Daiku Maryu is not used to such situations... in fact, they start becoming the norm.

??? #2: Who activated the gate? My work is important and requires no interruption - and then a one-side portal opens near my base! This displeases me!
???: It wasn't me. You know I have no clearance to do anything like that.
??? #2: If it's not you then... no, she couldn't have done it either. I guess accidents happen.
???: Really, you think it's an accident?
??? #2: Safe to assume until proven otherwise. Now don't bother me. I have an Earth to crush under my boot.

Gainer: I can't believe we're in low gravity environment! Imagine the experience - how useful will it be for Overman Battle!
Sara: Well, someone is cheerful for a change...
Ana: But Sara! Even if Gainer plays too much video games, this is still a unique experience. I didn't know people could even land on the Moon!
Joshua: This made me think. Mr Van, if this is a different planet, how come you can still summon Dann?
Van: Gadved told me a while ago... but I forgot. I remember Dann rests on an orbital station, but that's all.
Wendy: Geez, talk about no help at all! And please wear a space suit the next time you try to summon anything, Van!
Tsubaki: It's not just space suits. Half the robots on board must be refitted for space operation. They're not even airtight!
Kenji: Airtight? What for?
Tsubaki: I refuse to comment...

Leaving the amusing banter behind, we discover the true identity of Mysterious Figure #2!

Ispeil's soldier: Sir! The Jiggurato is unloaded and prepared for operation.
Ispeil: With this, we can conquer - or demolish, a whole planet in a matter of days!

Ispeil, mad genius and galactic warlord

Soldier: I mean no disrespect, but shouldn't we test this first?
Ispeil: Test, test... ah, yes! There was that Virtuaroid sneaking around the base. Chain the prisoner somewhere, and see how many blasts it takes to annihilate him!

Mist: Well, here's the source of the interference. But I don't see anything.
Angelica: Because it's cloaked, obviously! Here, let me un-jam the signal...
Sheldia: This sucks. I thought it'd be an adventure, but it's only boring scanning and jamming. Mist didn't taught me that - only how to fight and fall in love!
Mist: Hey! Who said anything about...
Angelica: Ah, so you two ARE more than just friends. I should have known.
Mist: A... anyway! It's Angelica who takes care of all the important operations. I'm just here as muscle.
Angelica: And, there we go.

Prisoner: Aaaah!

Angelica: These robots! They're the same...!
Mist: As the bastards who destroyed Atreem! Let's get them!
Sheldia: And they got a hostage!

Apharmd the Hatter, a brave American Virtuaroid!

Hatter: Assistance, please!

Sheldia: Don't worry, I'll save you!
Mist: Sheldia, wait! Don't rush all by yourself!
Angelica: Look who's talking...

Sheldia: Here I... aaah!

Mist: Damn! I gotta save Sheldia! But how!

And here we have two options.

1. Group up with Sheldia and try to destroy the giant cannon-thing.

OR

2. Group up with Angelica, rescue Sheldia and wait for backup to arrive.

This is where I want your input. Tell me which option you'd rather choose. This is an obviously important decision (because the game lets the player decide, duh), in fact - it will influence whom will Mist end up with! So whether you prefer Mist/Angelica, Mist/Sheldia, or just hate them all, now is a chance to push your ship.

But wait, there is a twist! Make sure to read it before choosing blindly.
[spoiler]Because I am going for the best ending, we need to allocate "relationship points" in a precise manner. What does that mean for us now? That whomever Mist chooses now is NOT the girl he will end up with! So if we choose Sheldia, he'll end up with Angelica. And the other way around.[/spoiler]

Waiting for your input.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 04:02:51 PM by Cubey »

Tengusaur

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2011, 04:18:02 PM »
Another mission, another Gaiking attack. And it'll stay that way for the rest of the game!

Sheldia's machinegun attack is one of the most amusing animations so far. "Huh, out of ammo already?"

Zoids just got several times more epic. Dat theme.

I think I'll vote for option #1. We need to rescue Sgt Hatter ASAP!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2011, 04:40:16 PM »
1. Group up with Sheldia.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2011, 05:18:15 PM »
If I'm reading the spoiler right, then we need to hook up with Angelica. I can't hide my biases.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

kamikasei

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2011, 07:53:07 PM »
I don't particularly have a ship, but I'd peg Mist as the type to think Angelica needs his protecting more.
Bardiche/Raising Heart OTP.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2011, 01:43:28 AM »
Hmm.... no real preference for ship (Mist and Angelica deserve each other, but if Sheldia likes what she likes, who are we to judge?), so I'll go with what looks to me to be the most sound tactical decision: approach more carefully with Angelica.  Mist can't accomplish much by moving up with Sheldia; she needs to cool her jets and pull back before she gets splattered all over the lunar landscape.  There's more than enough enemies to cause issue if they don't plan this just so.

Thanks for the update. :D

I suppose that the Gunners probably shouldn't be a focus in upgrades, which is unfortunate: can we switch their pilots into better mechs at some point?  I'm rather fond of both.

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2011, 07:11:21 AM »
Can't swap Godannar pilots - outside of SEED, there is barely any switching in this game. Well, there's Mazinger Z pilot swapping, but why would I want to do that?

Tengusaur

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2011, 09:01:41 AM »
[spoiler]Kouji gets an upgrade later. Which one? Both of them.[/spoiler]