Author Topic: Let's Play - Super Robot Wars K! Now up to ep 15!  (Read 87324 times)

Nerd-o-rama

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Let's Play - Super Robot Wars K!
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2011, 06:51:02 PM »

Quiet you.  I didn't say Gaiking was a Real Robot, it just had some Real Robot sensibilities.

At least you didn't say "if it's mass-produced it's a Real."

Second-dumbest argument I've had with a particular person, and that's saying something.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 07:24:40 PM »

Quiet you.  I didn't say Gaiking was a Real Robot, it just had some Real Robot sensibilities.

Second-dumbest argument I've had with a particular person, and that's saying something.
Great Mazinger, Getter Robo and Gurren-Lagann are Reals?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Tengusaur

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2011, 07:44:54 PM »

Ouch, that's harsh. Not that I disagree.

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2011, 03:45:03 PM »
Hello every-nyan. It's time for...

Episode 3
Go Nagai Strikes!

But first, a guided tour on the Daiku-Maryu.

Shizuka: And this is the bridge. Pretty fancy, isn't it? Watch out for the second-in-command. She can make you swab the deck if you mess up.

Rosa Belnikov, Daiku-Maryu's vice-captain

Rosa: Oh? Am I really that scary, hmm?
Boss: Yowch!

Kiriko: Yes, but I'm worse. Tour's over - everyone back to base. We have an emergency. Again.
Mist: What's up this time, boss?
Kiriko: The Zone above Kyuushu is expanding. You know what that means.
Mist: Actually, I don't.
Konami: Ma'am! We have an emergency transmission!
Kiriko: What, another one? Who is it this time?

Kiriko: Selene!
Selene: Sorry to interrupt, Aoi. I have a favor to call.

Selene McGriff, stubborn mobile suit AI scientist

Selene: The expanding Zone is endangering my research. Make sure nothing happens that may cause a delay. I can't afford any!
Mist: What's going on now! Someone explain!
Selene: I have no time. That's it for my cameo - my canon doesn't debut until 20 missions from now.
Kiriko: I don't have time for you either, so the explanation will be performed by Dannar Base's token loli. Talking from space now, Ruri Lou.

Lou Roux, Dannar Base's space operator with no plot importance whatsoever. None at all

Lou: Thirty years ago, a group of monsters known as the Jama Kingdom tried to take over Japan and then the world (OF COURSE!). They were stopped by a cyborg named Jeeg. However, their lair on Kyuushu island, Japan, has been sealed and the whole area is unaccessible to this day. Do you understand?
Kiriko: Right, and the zone is expanding now, so something bad is about to happen. Move out to Build Base and await further instructions.
Kouji: Basically, you want us to go out and beat the crap out of some old Jama beasties! Can do!
Sayaka: Hey, which Kouji said that? It was in-character for both!

Build base operator: Sir! Do you see the black cloud expanding? It's confirmed, at this rate the whole base will be swallowed!
Shiba: I knew this day would come. Non-essential personnel, get your asses out of here! Everyone else, wait for further instructions!

Senjirou Shiba, Build Base's resident mad scientist

Shiba: Are all civilians evacuated yet? I'm sorry, princess. Seems like you took a bad day to pay us a visit.

Who might the old fart be talking to? A crossover cameo, of course!

Cagalli Yula Attha, chief representative of the Orb Union

Cagalli: All the more reason for us to be here. It's not only the Jama Kingdom that's a threat. There might be a Festum inside.
Shiba: I hope not! Like we need a Festum in this mess...
Alex: Don't worry.

Alex Dino Athrun Zala Alex you know what, screw it. I made this joke already in the LP of SRW Z. At least he brought Quattro-approved disguise shades this time. Not that you can tell from the picture.
Athrun Zala, ex-ZAFT ace

Athrun: As long as I'm here, I guarantee your safety.
Cagalli: It's everyone else's safety I am worried about! Remember what Festum did to Orb's neighbour island? That must never happen again.

Mist: Don't worry, your support is here! Woah, watch out! A monster!
Bonk!
Mist: Ow!
Shiba: Who you calling a monster, young fool!

Jump cut to the bad guys' lair! This is a Go Nagai series so insert some fanservice here. Eeevil fanservice.

Himika: I sense humans in my domain! They must perish! Awaken, my generals!

Queen Himika, ruler of the Jama Kingdom

Mimashi: Mimashi!
Amaso: Amaso!
Ikima: Ikima!

Ikima, Mimashi and Amaso, evil generals of darkness

All three: At your service!
Himika: Ikima, take this power and use it to destroy the interlopers! I have this pitiful worm to talk to. I will let him live for he is the one who awakened us!
Suspage: Wonderful...

Ikima: I see the humans! By the power given to me by Queen Himika, rise and destroy them! Haniwa Phantom God!

Michio: Here's the target! Alright, all units - focus fire in three, two...

Special forces defensive team cameo appearance role call, go!

Michio Hino

Kanon Memphis

Sven Cal Bayang

Mudie Holcroft

Shams Couza

Kanon: Target in sights.
Mudie: It's not a Coordinator, but...
Shams: Let's blow it up!
Sven: ...
Michio: One!

Boom! BANG! Assorted explosive words!

Shams: Oh crap! Front guard down in one blast!
Michio: That firepower! New orders, retreat for now!
Mudie: Run away! Run away!

Kyo: You know the rules.
Kenji: Who wins the race will represent the team! Got it!

Kenji Kusanagi, hot-blooded motorcycle racer

Kyo Misumi, cool-and-collected motorcycle racer

Kenji: Woah woah! What's wrong with you? You almost had the race and you're stoppin' now?
Kyo: Do you feel that, Kenji?
Kenji: Huh?
Kyo: An earthquake.
Kenji: Crap! You're right! I gotta go to the shrine! Gotta warn Tsubaki!

Kenji: Oi! Tsubaki! Where are you?
Miwa: She's not here.

Miwa Tamashiro, Tsubaki's grandmother

Miwa: But there's no time. Get on this.
Kenji: Woah, that's some awesome ride. Wait, you want me to get on this bike? Now? Why?
Miwa: Just get on!

Kenji: A monster! Shit! Aaah! Who's shooting at me!

Captain Mitsuko Yagyu, Build Angel squad leader

Yagyu: Keep going - we must keep his tension up or he won't be able to Build Up!

Tsubaki: Kenji! Can you hear me?
Kenji: Huh, Tsubaki? Where are you?

Tsubaki Tamashiro, shrine maiden (and secret Build Base operative)

Tsubaki: I'm in a fighter above you. Kyo is with me - can you see us? We'll send you parts, you have to Build Up!
Kenji: Bwah! What's that build up thing?
Tsubaki: Just punch your hands together and say Build Up!
Kenji: Okay, okay! BUILD UP!

And Kenji was a Jeeg. Okay, just kidding.

Kenji: My bike's a robot head? Awesome!
Shiba: Listen! You must destroy that Haniwa Phantom God!
Kenji: Huh? Who are you old man? Nevermind... can't help it! Okay, here I go!

About time. That was the longest intro ever.

Yagyu: He transformed! Provide cover fire while Jeeg gets here!
Kyo: Roger!

Both the Build Angel and Big Shooter can only use their machineguns for now, but that's okay too. Machinegun hits temporarily decrease enemy accuracy!

Yagyu: Keep firing! Cyclone Blaster!
Kenji: No idea what's going on! What attacks this robot has... ah, to hell with it all! I'll just try everything!

The Phantom God is nowhere near as strong as the Mimetic Beast two missions back. No barrier, no regeneration. Oh yeah, and Jeeg is the unit Kenji is pilotting, in case you were wondering. No, he's not a cyborg.

Kyo: Kenji, listen! Finish it up with a Knuckle Bomber.
Kenji: It's attacking! Knuckle Bomber! Huzzah! I did it - didja see that?
Tsubaki: Kenji, more robots are approaching!
Kenji: ... Crap!
Yagyu: Don't panic, they're friendlies.

Suspage: But we're not. I'd love to blow you to smithereens, really. But I'm here to pick up the dark generals and continue the chat with Queen Himika.
Amaso: What a spoilsport!
Suspage: So, I'll leave it to these beasts to take care of you. Have fun!

Athrun: I cannot stay here. They'll need my support.
Cagalli: Wait, what are you going to do?
Athrun: I'm going out in the Murasame. It's not much but it will help.
Cagalli: No, you must stay here, Alex! Damn, where are you going? ... Athrun!

Mist: Huh, what's that?

It's a temporary ally, that's what it is. Athrun is only a guest for now - SEED Destiny plot won't start for a while yet. But for now, let's use him for what we can. That sounded dirty.

Athrun: They're trying to surround me. I won't let them!

Above video made and linked exclusively for the music. Seriously.

Boss: Crap! Kabuto and the others are leaving me behind again!
Garis: Slower units, board the Daiku-Maryu! You will launch when we approach the enemy.
Rosa: Full speed ahead!

This is a trick you can perform in SRW with capital ships, and I like it a lot. Saves time - but on the other hand, pilots whose units get on board lose a few points of will. An acceptable loss.

I feel like I didn't present Gaiking that well last mission, so:

Daiya: Quick, an attack! I'll use Punch Grinder!
Garis: Daiku-Maryu too has tricks left up its sleeve. Coil up - Vollition Mode! And attack!

In this mode, Daiku-Maryu is slightly slower, but also has a protective barrier. Very useful - battleships have lots of HP but generally pretty thin armor. And if you lose one, it's game over.

Gou: Let's go, Dannar! Anna, we'll use Counter Knuckle!
Anna: Okay, Gou-chin!
Boss: Hey, don't get ahead of yourselves, lovebirds! It's Boss's spotlight time!
Armored beast: Graah?
Boss: How could I mess that up!

Athrun: This transforming mobile suit is armed with a beam cannon. I'll use it now!
Kyo: Kenji, Jeeg has a long-ranged attack like that too. Use the Spin Storm!
Kenji: Whatever you say. SPIN STORM! Woah! What happened just now?

Bronze Bell Power happened - it's an effect that activates at 130+ will, increasing damage dealt, accuracy and evasion of Jeeg, and reducing damage taken. Kinda sounds like Mazin Power for the SRW-savvy people out there, doesn't it? Well, Go Nagai series...

Daiya: Awesome! But Gaiking is strong too! Watch this!

It's a super robot dynamic kill exhibition!

Daiya: Hydro BLAZER!
Kouji: Strong BUSTER!
Kouji: Breast FIRE!

Gou: Break Shooter!
Puria: That name makes no sense, you didn't shoot anything. You just delivered a series of spinkicks!
Anna: Maybe it's Break Shatter?
Puria: That only raises further questions!

Yagyu: Only one beast remains. Let's finish this - gather up, Build Angels!
Monko: Alright! Bring it on!
Tatsuko: It's weak. This'll be the last strike.

Monko Saotome and Tatsuko Midou, Getter Robo pilots Build Angels

Yagyu: Build Angel Triangle Attack!

Garis: All targets, destroyed.
Mist: Easy, easy! That was no challenge at all... hey, who's calling me now?

???: Mist! It's you - Mist Rex, isn't it?
Mist: No way!

Angelica Shaltir, Mist's childhood friend!

Mist: Angelica! You're here?!
Angelica: I work as a Build Base operator! Mist, I finally found you! I'm so relieved you're safe!
Mist: Let's talk back at the base.

Speaking of the base, it's 4th wall breaking lecture time for Anna.

Obvious game mechanic explanation alert!

Gou: Anna, what do you know about the partner system?
Anna: It's when two units act as one, right? They fight together, and when the "main" unit, the "leader" attacks, their partner can support them with an attack of their own. And when the leader is attacked, the partner can take the hit for them!
Gou: That's mostly right - this can happen only if the partner has Defensive or Offensive Support abilities. Fortunately, most pilots do. Also, there is no support if the leader is in air while the partner cannot fly. The partners share experience, but cannot perform combo attacks. So choose wisely if you want to fight in groups or alone.
Anna: Thanks, Gou-chin! I know a lot about the partner system now!
Gou: And knowing is half the battle!

Kenji: Hey, what's with this outfit, Tsubaki?
Tsubaki: We're all working for Build Base - Kyo, me, everyone. Even my grandma. In fact, she is the commander!
Kyo: We were supposed to hire you too, eventually. You were chosen as Jeeg's test pilot. Well, circumstances made you pilot it earlier than planned, but things turned out fine in the end.
Kenji: Huh, is that... hey, wait a sec! These people!

Tsubaki: These are Midou-san, Captain Yagyu, and Saotome-sa...
Kenji: You shot at me out there, didn't you!
Monko: Huh? So, what about it?
Kenji: It pisses me off! You guys!

Punch!

Kenji: Oof! Okay, that's it!
Monko: Bring it!
Tsubaki: Hey, don't fight now!
Yagyu: I wonder, should we stop them now...

Kouji (Kabuto): Hey, what's going on? I heard battle!
Sayaka: We wanted to see Jeeg's pilot. Is that this guy on the floor?
Kenji: Blah. I got beaten...
Kouji (Kabuto): Well, no way Jeeg could be stronger than Mazinger Z, even if it's a legendary machine of 30 years ago!
Kenji: What, you wanna prove it?!
Yagyu: Round two? Oh dear.
Daiya: Daiya makes his entrance! Woah - don't fight people! You will miss out the...

Dramatic reveal of the Mist-erious backstory!

Angelica: Mist! I really thought you... you died one year ago!
Mist: When we guards followed your father's charge, we thought we were dead men already. But no, I somehow survived. But what about you? What are you doing on Earth?
Angelica: My machine... I do not remember much but there was that flash of light. Serius somehow moved me away, from our home planet of Astream here, to Earth. And it seems ten months passed, too. I found a job in Build Base only two months ago.
Mist: It was the long way for me. The explosion transported me, but not to Earth - on a different planet, Bezard. And a few months later, that planet too got attacked. And... destroyed. Damn.
Angelica: By the same people who destroyed Astream?!
Mist: Yeah, my bet's on that. I... could only run. I ran to Earth and I swore never to fight again, but eh. Looks like that promise got broken already. Earth's no Astream, but I won't let my friends get hurt.
Angelica: Friends? You actually have friends other than me now?
Mist: Made some on Bezard, too.
Angelica: Ohh? What kind of friends? Girl friends, maybe?
Mist: Wh... what! That's ridiculous!

And now, it's intermission time! Let's follow Gou's and Anna's examples and set up two-person teams using the squad system.

Some pairs are obvious...

Tsubaki: Big Shooter will help Jeeg by refueling its energy!

Some are... less. Or actually, I just ran out of options.

Boss: Shi shi shi! This is one Kouji I can easily best!
Kouji (Tetsuya): Why am I (stuck with) the comic relief?!

What a wordy update! Lots of character pictures, too. New units in my roster:

[spoiler]Jeeg: Oh boy. Jeeg is awesome. Good dodger, strong attacks, Mazin.. er, Bronze Bell Power - all of it makes it a top tier unit. The only thing it lacks is EN-efficiency. Just a few attacks make its energy tanks go dry.

Big Shooter: Jeeg's support unit. Can resupply (which means passive energy regeneration for any unit it's partnered with), pretty weak offensively. You want to keep it not too far from Jeeg anyway - later, these two being near lets the latter use some strong, special attacks.

Build Angel: A repairing support unit, but with some decent offensive abilities for a change. They're not awesome, but they're there.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:50:42 PM by Cubey »

Tengusaur

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2011, 04:19:51 PM »
Oh boy, dat SEED theme. And this game has another, even better one.

Anyone else thinks that Spin Storm just looks obscene? Maybe this LP should be 18+...

Kouji (Tetsuya): Why am I (stuck with) the comic relief?!

Because you're Nobuyuki Hiyama, who almost always voiced either the main character or the butt monkey. And you're not the main character.

Steam

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2011, 04:34:01 PM »
Spin Storm has nothing compared to Mazinger's Missile Punch and Great's Navel Missile, Tengu.

And yes, Jeeg is top-tier.  A ten meter tall killing machine.  And even getting nerfed in L didn't slow him down much.
"While I'm away, will you please take care of yourself?  [Alcohol] is not good for your health."
"Alcohol is humanity's friend.  Can I abandon a friend?"
"Even if people think so, what about the alcohol?"
"It's always alcohol's real wish to be drunk."

Gundam Optimal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2011, 08:59:11 PM »
Did Mist seriously bop Prof. Shiba on the head for being ugly?

Also, when exactly will we start spending money on things? How long has to pass before we get to make some desicions?
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2011, 09:20:52 PM »
No, Mist was the one who got hit. Shiba isn't going to let any whippersnappers boss him around.

I'll start spending money when the game's difficulty gets a bit higher. So far it's pretty easy, escaping Suspage aside. It'll get harder though, worry not.

So, about stage 8, I guess.

Nerd-o-rama

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2011, 09:24:10 PM »
Because you're Nobuyuki Hiyama, who almost always voiced either the main character or the butt monkey.

Or both!

Anyway Cubey, I'm not sure if I want to hurt you more for the Knowing Is Half the Battle sequence or the "Mist-erious" pun.  Probably both.  It's an infinite cycle of increasing hate.

Steam

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2011, 03:18:07 PM »
Nerdo, that's a really funny picture of Teppei Takamiya you put up.
"While I'm away, will you please take care of yourself?  [Alcohol] is not good for your health."

Nerd-o-rama

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2011, 06:31:37 PM »

Who?

Neon Knight

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2011, 08:00:09 PM »

Anyone else thinks that Spin Storm just looks obscene? Maybe this LP should be 18+...

Ha ha! Dangly parts.

Boss: Hey, don't get ahead of yourselves, lovebirds! It's Boss's spotlight time!
Armored beast: Graah?
Boss: How could I mess that up!

Even the monsters seem confused and disappointed at Boss's inability to destroy them.

Tengusaur

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2011, 08:38:05 PM »
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:40:46 PM by Tengusaur »

Steam

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2011, 12:52:22 PM »

Who?

Fuck you, man.

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2011, 04:41:41 PM »
I received complaints that my videos are too huge, so I compressed them. The quality might be a bit wonky for this update - hopefully it won't ruin the watching experience. I used an alternate recording method for ep 5's footage (spoilers! I take footage in advance), so things should improve. One way or another, I hope the videos will download faster now.

Episode 4
Where we meet an old "friend" from two missions ago!

Emergency meeting on the bridge!

Kouji: Huh? Who are you, grandma?
Miwa: Kids these days... what an idiot. Just like Kenji.
Kouji: I have a degree in engineering, actually...
Miwa: I am commander Tamashiro of Build Base. You must be aware of our current situation - the Zone has expanded, engulfed us and the base. We are now in Jama Kingdom territory.

Himika: Humans encroach on my own empire! This is the chance to prove yourself, Suspage - murder them all and we will ponder the "alliance" you speak of!
Suspage: Marvelous. Just what I came here for in the first place!
Himika: Also, you can choose one of these three dark generals as your starter pokemon temporary assistant.
Suspage: Mimashi, I choose you!

Daiya: Thanks for the sparring session, mr Lee!
Lee: No problem. Your martial prowess is growing quickly, Daiya.
Boss: Hey, the hell you two playing around for! Bad guys can attack us any time now!
Puria: If that happens, we'll just have to kick their butts. Right, guys?
Yanma&company: Yeah!

Suspage: Did someone mention kicking butts?
Mimashi: We only have to capture the base and the day is ours. Send out everything we have, Suspage! ... Mimashi!

Rosa: Not good. All pilots, scramble! What are your orders, Captain?
Garis: Build Base is vulnerable. Don't let a single enemy approach it!
Mist: Ugly situation again... will this fighting ever cease? What else can go wrong today?

Input unit's name!

Mist: The Serius! That means... dammit! Angelica, you're inside this mech aren't you? I know you are!
Angelica: Yes, I am! I cannot stand aside and watch while you fight, Mist! Not anymore - I want to be with you!
Mist: It's dangerous out here, you could get killed!
Angelica: I am a trained soldier, just like you.
Mist: A clumsy trained soldier who always fumbles and makes mistakes.
Angelica: Not while you're around. I'll be careful if you're careful. And you will be careful - you will protect your childhood friend, right?
Mist: Okay, okay! You win. There's no arguing with you, is there...
Angelica: Nope! Now, let's do it like old times!

Mist: Roger!
Angelica: Chaser Combination!

Not only do I get Angelica's unit, but she and Mist unlock a new combination attack. It's expensive and requires a lot of energy, but it's also very, very strong. Just what the doctor ordered!

And no, the theme you heard just now won't replace Mist's usual one. It's Angelica's - tell me if you'd rather to hear it than Mist's. We can always switch music themes around after all.

So, all units scramble to engage the enemy! Well, almost all.

Kouji (Tetsuya): I wanted to be in one team with Shizuru...
Shizuru: What are you talking about! G Gunner is too slow, stay behind with Boss and shoot everything that nears the base!
Kouji: *wistful sigh*
Boss: What a tsundere!

The enemies attack, but we don't have everyone organized in teams for no reason!

Lee: I got your back, Daiya! Defensive Support!
Daiya: Thanks, now it's my turn! Sauria Gaze!

Shizuru: I cannot support you, Richardson. You're in the air and Core Gunner cannot fly!
Puria: Heh - I dodged anyway, it doesn't matter!

And now it's time for some offensive support.

Yagyu: I'll show you the Build Angels' power.
Yanma: And I'll show you the power of... er... Crab Bunker guys?

Truly, thanks to the squad system's power, I am unstoppable!

Tsubaki: What are you talking about! We almost got shot down!
Kyo: Big Shooter is in trouble. Kenji, what are you doing?!
Kenji: Bwah! It's my fault now?

Oh yeah, one more thing. There are some scenarios where the boss just sits around at the back, letting the mooks overtake him and get destroyed on your mighty units. This is not one of these scenarios.

Suspage: All guns, center on the orange unit! It's the most disposable one!
Mist: Damn! I'll show you how we did things on Astream! Groovine Buster!

Gou: What was that about "Astream" now?
Anna: Gou-chin, watch out! Another monster is attacking!
Gou: Not if I attack first! Counter-hit!
Anna: And I'll defend you! Angel Wall!

Who'd expect the husband-and-wife team to have the best teamwork?

Mist: My chance to end this one! Aargh! I'm in real trouble now!
Angelica: Don't worry Mist! I'll save you!

Okay, that was too close. Really careless of me. Good that Serius can repair, otherwise Revlius would be a goner.

Kouji (Tetsuya): Hey, some bad guys broke out! I'm aiming my gun!
Garis: Attack from outside the enemy's range!
Ruru: I see them, Captain! Fire!

Tsubaki: Speaking of seeing the enemy... what's this? A humanoid horse?
Kenji: Who gives a crap, I'll punch 'em all the same! Jeeg Breaker!

Mimashi: Queen Himika's phantom gods! Damn you, Jeeg!
Suspage: I still have the main cannon. Fire, fire! Ha ha ha ha ha!
Kouji (Kabuto this time): Ow ow ow... I hit my head on the canopy. That's it, you bastard! Rust Hurricane!

Why did I use this (relatively weak) attack? Because Suspage is a friggin' cheat. Once again, he runs away at 6000 HP or less. However, this time I have the means to dispose of him. And Rust Hurricane is a part of my plan, since it lowers armor rating by 10% of anything it hits.

Now, who shall deal the killing blow...

Chaser Combination would be my safest bet, but while Mist has the required 130 will, Angelica doesn't. Well, damn.

Mist: Angelica, stay back! This is only a weakening shot!
Suspage: Weakening? Big words - and who you insist will finish me off, hmm?
Kenji: I will!
Kyo: You mean, we will.

Suspage: So close to success! Damn you all!
Mimashi: Be victorious now, but you cannot leave Queen Himika's lands anyway, ha ha ha!

Miwa: They're right... we have no means of getting out of the Zone. We will have to stand and fight until we die.

Suddenly, deus ex machina!

Mist: Aaah!
Angelica: What's going on!

??? #1: All according to plan.
??? #2: I didn't expect Revlius to survive. As long as that system remains installed, it's a threat to us.
??? #1: Still, all according to plan!
??? #2: Whatever you say.

Garis: Where are we? Ruru, open comm ports and find other units.
Ruru: Yes, Captain!

Kouji: Where the hell are we now?
Ruru: Captain, we found them! Everyone is nearby!
Daiya: Yeah, but what just happened!
Rosa: Contact with Dannar Base is lost. Is this still the Zone?
Mist: No. I owe you guys an explanation.

Mist: So, that's it.
Gou: And you didn't tell us you were not from Earth because... you were afraid?
Mist: Yeah. I didn't know how Earthlings would react to aliens.
Anna: That's stupid!
Shizuru: People already live in space, it makes little difference where you're from, as long as you are a decent person.
Mist: Yeah, tell that to those who start Natural-Coordinator conflicts...
Angelica: At any way, I'm glad you do not hate us or anything! However... how do we return to Earth, I wonder?

???: I might have a solution for that.

Mist: Who are you?
Rosa: Ah, Professor Sakon!
Sakon (offscreen, audio only): Mist, you said that Revlius and Serius react to certain places, like "gates". There must have been one near Build Base, and if my hypothesis is correct - there should be one nearby our current location. As soon as we find one, I will study it and find a way to bring us back to Earth.
Mist: So, who is this Sakon guy?
Rosa: He is one of the four original crew members of Daiku-Maryu. Without him, we wouldn't have a fighting chance - he designed all our combat units!
Shizuka: Yes, and he also didn't leave his room for ever. Is he really alright? I'll check on him. Bring some food... possibly soap. Or a wrench.

Kouji (Tetsuya): So, it seems we're stranded in an alien land.
Anna: Talk about an exciting honeymoon, right Gou-chin?
Gou: I'm glad you're not in despair Anna, but... honeymoon? Really?
Kouji (Kabuto): Yeah! Who knows what kind of awesome stuff this planet has! Let's go exploring!

Cagalli: Did everyone forget we're still on board?
Athrun: Apparently...

Intermission time! We are acquiring a lot of money, so I may think about upgrading a unit or two. Give me your suggestions.

Also, because Suspage got beaten this time, I got some sweet loot.

This Large Generator increases a unit's energy by 100. That's a LOT, since robots usually have somewhere between 100 and 200. Which unit do you want me to equip it on? Obviously, something that guzzles up a lot of gas - from what I have now, either Godannar or Gaiking is the best bet. For now, the former gets it.

Only one new unit:

Serius: it's a support unit, with the unique ability of being able to resupply AND repair. Because of that, its partner regenerates health and energy every turn. And by patner I mean Mist, because him and Angelica have a team attack together. Other than this (and its ability to take hits relatively well), Serius is pathetically weak. I'm sorry to say that, but that's how it is.

But wait! This is not all! I have an extra feature for everyone!

Super Robot Wars K fortune telling!

Ruru: Today's episode was fun, wasn't it? Now, it's time for Super Robot Wars K fortune telling!
Cubey: Yay...
Ruru: There are two fortune strips - a Mist strip, and an Angelica strip. Everyone, pick one if you'd like!
Cubey: I'm taking the Angelica strip, of course!

Ruru: Time to read your fortune! If you have chosen the Mist strip:
[spoiler]You might be stranded in an alternate universe.[/spoiler]

Ruru: And if you have chosen the Angelica strip:
[spoiler]Your equipment may fail at a crucial moment.[/spoiler]

Cubey: Bleh... hey, wait a sec! Why are both strips bad fortune ones?
Ruru: Ehehe... so, which one did everyone choose?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 06:55:05 PM by Cubey »

Steam

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Let's Play - Super Robot Wars K! Now up to ep 4!
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »
Pimp out Mist.  As much as humanly possible.  Priority goes towards weapon strength and combo ranks.

Tengusaur

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2011, 05:05:55 PM »
I picked the Mist strip. That'll teach me to rely on him.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2011, 07:24:52 PM »
Gah, warn me before you do that!
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2011, 07:28:22 PM »
Ha ha! Just as planned.

Neon Knight

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2011, 02:37:05 PM »
I chose the Mist strip, because... because I think that one will hurt more, and suffering is the spice of an LP.

As for upgrades, I say spend your money on Godannar, and keep the generator equipped to that unit.