Author Topic: Tiamat's Call, the rise of the Hand.  (Read 1078 times)

Dusk Eclipse

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
Tiamat's Call, the rise of the Hand.
« on: April 16, 2011, 10:58:24 PM »
Ok I just had this weird idea and fell compelled to share it with you guys; but first just a little bit of context aswhy I had this idea.

I am really interested in trying yo DM (or play given the opportunity) an evil game; but not one of the stereotypical stupid evil games which in my limited experience have always devolved into a "Let's eat/burn/pillage/kill/rape everything we encounter cause we are evil", so while I was reading the RHoD introduction to Azarr Kull and how he united the goblinoid tribes under the Red Hand's banner and for some reason I though "It might be cool to play in game like that, unite various factions to take over the worldTM". And then I said to myself, why the hell not? I can use the RHoD framework to set up campaign where the players will decide how to build the horde.

I think the campaign would work as a semi-sandbox style, where the players can make all the choices. They will have to deal with issues such as getting a base of operations (coughfanecough), finding and enlisting the aid of the dragons, unite the tribes, probably even finding a way to summon Tiamat to the Prime material.

To keep with the Goblinoid rise theme, I would ask the players to keep to goblinoid races, they would obviously be the Wyrmlords; but they wouldn't have to be an exact copy of them.

What do you think? Does it sounds fun? plausible?....doable?

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
Re: Tiamat's Call, the rise of the Hand.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 08:12:16 AM »
Sounds fun!

what if a player wants to have tiamat as their patron deity(like a cleric etc...) in lieu of being goblinoid?

Also gives more options for allies...
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

Dusk Eclipse

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
Re: Tiamat's Call, the rise of the Hand.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 02:57:09 PM »
The thing is, that I might not be able to run this game till summer; but I want to be prepared.

As for not being goblinoid... I guess it could be done, but I want to stress the rise of the normally monstrous races aspect (similar to Redcloak's plan in Order of the Stick)

And what do you mean by allies? other races apart from goblinoids? I remember Lizardfolk tribes, the devils.. and I think those were the canon allies.