Author Topic: Swashbuckler Help  (Read 7965 times)

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
Re: Swashbuckler Help
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2011, 02:51:46 AM »
Actually, you notice the part where Arcane Duelist allows you to subtract from Damage to add to attack in a 1:1 ratio?

Ever notice how Power Attack allows you to subtract from attack and add to damage in a 1:2 ratio?

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2011, 11:18:06 AM »
Novea wants the fluff of using a light weapon.  You could just fluff that she's using a rapier in one hand and put a thf jovar on the sheet, but it's not really the same.

Only way to use light/onehanded weapons effectively is precision damage or gish damage.  I suppose you could PA with a onehanded weapon but it would be a bit sub-par and it's not like PA builds are particularly uber as it is.  Ofc this means arcane duellist's 1:1/2:1 trick isn't as useful either.  You could use the bard base to set up a Sublime Chord gish from that build, but X-Codes spent a while convincing me that was a bad idea in another thread.  Plus it would only really come online at 16+.

The key point of Bard gishes is that sword that gives +level in sonic damage whenever a bard uses it, that spell or feat or whatever that does something similar, and dragonfire inspiration with that kooky dragon that gives sonic.  Unless something specific in dragonfire inspiriation's writeup stops it, with a Harmonizing sword you could have both dragonfire inspiration and regular inspiration going... it's not particularly hard to get +10 inspiration going at level 10 for a couple of feats.  Combine the whole mess with snowflake wardance and twf, and you have to hit as well as decent damage.  The problem then is usually survival, so a level of battledancer or 2 of arcane duelist to help boost your AC helps considerably.  Bard gish builds usually go into swiftblade for obvious reasons, possibly picking up a level of sublime chord along the way.

Shadow Jaunt - Put it like this.  As a swordsage, you can only do it every other round, and even then, you need to sacrifice your standard action to recharge it (unless you take Adaptive Style and then you can sacrifice a full round action and recharge/change all your maneuvers, but don't bring that up as it's confusing), and it takes a standard action, so you can't teleport and still attack.  If he still thinks it's broken, don't take it, because he'll penalize you for it somehow or hit you with dimensional anchor and then kill you or something else stupid.  I mean, fighter-types shouldn't be allowed to teleport anyway, right.  Teleporting is totally different from surviving a 100' fall or using a piece of steel to cut a elephant-sized piece of granite in half.  Those are totally things humans could do, but teleporting isn't, so only wizards should be allowed to teleport.

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2011, 03:08:22 PM »
The sword is a Crystalline Echoblade, a longsword made out of crystal that can be further enchanted with special abilities.

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.