Author Topic: Thoughts on a Sublime Chord rebuild for the Thoughtsinger?  (Read 1290 times)

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
Thoughts on a Sublime Chord rebuild for the Thoughtsinger?
« on: April 11, 2011, 10:39:22 PM »
One of the many projects I've had brewing is adapting the SC to psionics, and I was curious how the "table" would read for powers known added and pp/day.  As it's roughly comparable to a full manifester from levels 11-20, that part seems relatively easy to extrapolate (subtract previous from current pp, rinse and repeat each level, and had you entered with a full manifesting class, say Ardent, you'd end up with the same pp as a full Ardent, and fewer with an actual legal entry of Thoughtsinger).  List access would be Thoughtsinger list and Psion/Wilder list, and the skills and skill req. would be the same, changed to Knowledge (Psionics) and Psicraft respectively (rename only basically).  The only snag looks to be a fair method of new power aquisition.  Do I go off of the current SC and translate the spells known into powers known?
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Garryl

• Hong Kong
Re: Thoughts on a Sublime Chord rebuild for the Thoughtsinger?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 11:44:53 PM »
I did something similar for Wilders (here). It winds up with a similar PP pool to a full Wilder, since you get about 90 less raw PP, but an extra 5*Cha mod due to the second manifester level (stacking with your existing ML) and the way bonus PP works. For example, a Wilder 10/Sublime Thought 10 would get 88+155 PP base, and 5*Cha for ML 10 Wilder plus 10*Cha for ML 20 Sublime Thought.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

CrimsonDeath

• Curious George
    • Email
Re: Thoughts on a Sublime Chord rebuild for the Thoughtsinger?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 12:40:09 AM »
The only snag looks to be a fair method of new power aquisition.  Do I go off of the current SC and translate the spells known into powers known?
Sublime Chord gets the same number of spells known/spells per day at each spell level as a bard and just gets more spell levels.  Psionic characters don't care so much about their power levels, since a Heighten-like effect is built into the mechanic, so I'd give your PrC the same growth of powers known as the Thoughtsinger at each level (+1) and an accelerated rate of maximum power level (5th level powers at 1st class level, +1 power level every two class levels to a max of level 9 powers at class level 9).  And it's a bit less clunky than the SC because all your PP go into a common reservoir already, rather than having two separate piles of spell slots.