Author Topic: Oh god help me!  (Read 1216 times)

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Oh god help me!
« on: April 10, 2011, 04:55:26 PM »
Right, I have exactly 1 day to turn a whole pile of concepts into a workable character background. I am EXTREMELY bad at protracted writing as my style tends to be very jumpy and hard to read.

I am in serious need of a good editor. Anyone willing to help gets a cookie. And several internets. And my firstborn child.

The story so far:
[spoiler]

Before becoming an Elan December was known as Clare, she lived a simple life as a seamstress in a small town. People there loved her for her quirky sense of humour and kindness. She had long brown hair and brown eyes.

Claires childhood was filled with tragedy, at the age of 6 her only brother Matthew died and her mother went into a deep mourning for nearly 4 years. On the day of her 10th birthday Clare went downstairs for her breakfast to discover her mothers body with slit wrists, dead on the floor.

Her father took the news of her suicide badly and took to drinking, after a few years and an ever descending spiral of drunken abuse he attacked Clare and tried to kill her whilst she was making dinner. She did the only thing she could do and stabbed him in the chest with the knife she had been cutting chicken with, piecing his heart and killing him.

The next few years were not kind to Clare, she was taken to an orphanage and made to learn to be a seamstress. It was a stark change from the previously comfortable existence she had, as her father was a local magistrate. After leaving the orphanage on her 16th birthday she went to work as a seamstress in a local tailors, the hours were long and the work was hard but for the first time in years she was enjoying herself.

This was not to last. At the age of 22, she was attacked and abducted by a group calling themselves the Circle of Seasons. Each wore a signet ring bearing the symbol of a season and as their cold harsh eyes stared down at her Clare was subjected to an awful ritual. She felt searing pain and then freezing cold as her personality become trapped in the back of her mind leaving her as she is now, December. Harshest of the seasons and culler of the weak. The transformation had changed her in body and mind, her long hair turned white with several blue streaks. Her eyes, no longer human were no longer human they were pools of pure blue light without pupils.

The Newborn December quickly took her place along side the other members of the circle, her duty was to explore the dead places of the world for powerful secrets and to assassinate the circle's enemies. This is the place of winter, death to all.

The first 20 years of her new life were spent with Elder November of the circle, he taught her how to use her natural powers and also the rudiments of arcane magic. There was no love in the relationship as neither Elan had the emotional capacity to care for others, both viewed their companionship as necessary and mandatory but nothing more.

After leaving November on the 20th anniversary of her new creation December set out to search the dark places of the world, and for several years discovered many interesting items to return to the Circle. Four years after she began she discovered her most promising find yet, a ruined dwarven city. Quickly she and the other members of the circle cleared the city, exterminating the local kobold populace and using their mental and arcane powers to rebuild it in their own image. Years were spent exploring the catacombs and vaults of the great city, for a group of only 12 the space was enormous and even their potent powers couldn't speed their efforts along that much. Eventually in one of the lowest vaults, December discovered a great tablet with arcane writings and runes scrawled across it. It took her several years to fully decipher the text but what she gleaned from it was one of the greatest dwarven secrets of the age: Rune Magic. Though only the top half of the stone remained December was able to learn what she could of the magic before finally she and the other members of the Circle set out on their own paths again.

To this day December looks for the remaining half of the tablet, hoping that its powers would finally banish the remains of her previous personality. Scratching away at the back of her mind. [/spoiler]

Other Information:
[spoiler]Over the years since becoming an Elan December has gained powers based on her subcontious resentment to her transformation. Outwardly she is cold and uncaring, taking the place of December in the circle means culling the weak and obstructive.

She is the new member of the circle because the previous December of the circle had died and Clare had nearly limitless untapped psionic power. [/spoiler]

In case anyone is interested in the actual build:
Ardent 9//Wizard 5/Runesmith 1/Swiftblade 3 going to Ardent 20//Wizard 5/Runesmith 1/Swiftblade 9/Abjurant Champion 5

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
Re: Oh god help me!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 05:05:44 PM »
[spoiler]Before becoming an Elan, December was known as Clare, the simple seamstress of a small town. People there loved her for her quirky sense of humor and kind brown eyes.

Those kind eyes belied a childhood filled with tragedy. At the age of 6 her only brother Matthew died and her mother went into a deep mourning for nearly 4 years. On the day of her 10th birthday Clare went downstairs for her breakfast to discover her mothers body sitting in a pool of her own blood, dead on the floor from slit wrists.

Her father, a local magistrate, took the news of her suicide badly and took to drinking. After a few years and an ever descending spiral of drunken abuse he attacked Clare and tried to kill her as she was making dinner. She did the only thing she could do and stabbed him in the chest with the knife she had been cutting chicken with. It pierced his heart and killed him instantly.

The next few years were not kind to Clare as she was taken to an orphanage and made to learn to be a seamstress. It was a stark change from the previously comfortable existence she had. After leaving the orphanage on her 16th birthday she went to work as a seamstress in a local tailor's shop. The hours were long and the work was hard but for the first time in years she was enjoying herself.

This was not to last. At the age of 22, she was attacked and abducted by a group calling themselves the Circle of Seasons. Each wore a signet ring bearing the symbol of a season and as their cold harsh eyes stared down at her Clare was subjected to an awful ritual. She felt searing pain and then freezing cold as her personality become trapped in the back of her mind leaving her as she is now, December. Harshest of the seasons and culler of the weak. The transformation had changed her in body and mind, her long brown hair turned white with several blue streaks. Her eyes, were no longer human, transformed into pools of pure blue light without pupils.

The newly born December quickly took her place along side the other members of the circle, her duty was to explore the dead places of the world for powerful secrets and to assassinate the circle's enemies. This is the place of winter, death to all.

The first 20 years of her new life were spent with Elder November of the circle, he taught her how to use her natural powers and also the rudiments of arcane magic. There was no love in the relationship as neither Elan had the emotional capacity to care for others, both viewed their companionship as necessary and mandatory but nothing more.

After leaving November on the 20th anniversary of her new creation December set out to search the dark places of the world, and for several years discovered many interesting items to return to the Circle. Four years after she began she discovered her most promising find yet, a ruined dwarven city. Quickly she and the other members of the circle cleared the city, exterminating the local kobold populace and using their mental and arcane powers to rebuild it in their own image. Years were spent exploring the catacombs and vaults of the great city, for a group of only 12 the space was enormous and even their potent powers couldn't speed their efforts along that much. Eventually in one of the lowest vaults, December discovered a great tablet with arcane writings and runes scrawled across it. It took her several years to fully decipher the text but what she gleaned from it was one of the greatest dwarven secrets of the age: Rune Magic. Though only the top half of the stone remained December was able to learn what she could of the magic before finally she and the other members of the Circle set out on their own paths again.

To this day December looks for the remaining half of the tablet, hoping that its powers would finally banish the remains of her previous personality which to this day is still scratching away at the back of her mind. [/spoiler]

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 07:39:34 PM »
My first thought :p
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Hope you know form of doom.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 07:41:47 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 09:23:13 PM »
That is a significant improvement, thank you lots.  :D

I was going to ask what anime that was... until I realised it was written on the picture... I may need to watch that now.