Author Topic: Commoner to abomination mythal Help wanted  (Read 2115 times)

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
Commoner to abomination mythal Help wanted
« on: March 31, 2011, 05:35:36 AM »
I'm looking for buff spells to add to a mythal that will turn 1 hit dice human commoners into hard to a CR 8 or nine shock trooper

This is my list so far:
Delay Death
Favor of the Martyr
shield
mage armor
haste
Improved Invisibility
barkskin
fly
Heart of Air
Heart of Earth
Heart of Fire
Heart of Water

I request your input.
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Bester

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: Commoner to abomination mythal Help wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 05:37:18 AM »
Don't forget Primal Spells from Dragon Magic.

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 07:57:33 AM »
Bite of the X from spell compendium.

Gutsnake.

Scintillating Scales.

Divine Power/Righteous Might

Recitation

Divine Favour

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 09:23:20 AM »
Greater Magic Fang
Wraithstrike
Heroics
Mirror Move
Greater Dolorous Blow
Greater Mighty Wallop if they use slams
Righteous Wraith of the Faithful
Freedom of Movement
Elation

I think between these and what's been listed, it could turn a commoner into a beast for a couple rounds.  Don't forget to precast Create Magic Tattoo and Greater Consumptive Field to prebuff that CL.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 11:53:40 AM »
KK, if you get the chance look up the Mythal epic seed in lost empires of Faerun, I'm not buffing this commoner for a few rounds, I'm buffing him and as many others as we can get, for a military campaign.

Down side of which being if too many buffs are in the weave the spell gets difficult to cast without cheese.

Every spell adds Spell Level*Caster Level *( 4 if duration rounds, 2 if duration in minutes, 1.5 if duration in 10 minutes, and 1/2 if it discharges and renews on a daily basis)/10 to the spell craft DC of the epic spell (rounding happens after all spells added) so we need to keep that number low if possible.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 11:59:43 AM by Vinom »
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 12:01:40 PM »
KK, if you get the chance look up the Mythal epic seed in lost empires of Faerun, I'm not buffing this commoner for a few rounds, I'm buffing him and as many others as we can get, for a military campaign.

Oh, you mean a REAL mythal...take the aforementioned spells, make them prevalent, add vanguard Wish, Miracle, and Reality Revision, include Synchronicity, Schism, Celerity, Anticipatory Strike, Contingent Heal, and a MASSIVE prevalent Offensive Prescience/Precognition, Defensive Precognition, Biofeedback, and True Metabolism.  Don't forget Energy Immunity, Energy Absorption, Energy Conversion, Greater Visiage of the Deity, and for shits and giggles, pay the point cost to give all of them the PARAGON template.  Voila, legion of ubermen.

EDIT : Almost forgot...resets automatically, ward against all spells, multiple ways against MDJ, reflect on all AoE's/Rays/RTA's, Greater Ironguard, Repel Wood, and if you want each one to be a true engine of destruction (though you'll need to space them out), prevalent Control Winds on EACH ONE.  Now you have several thousand EF5 tornadoes running around.  Watch the poor druids have a heart attack keeping THAT in check!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 12:04:01 PM by KellKheraptis »
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 06:02:39 PM »
I'm also going to add Transcend Mortality, and Ability Rip

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 06:13:39 PM »
Wouldn't transcend mortality auto kill them if it was ever dispelled or suppressed?

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 06:19:59 PM »
Yes, but I'm not using this mythal, I'm selling it, it would also mean that they are almost infinitely survivable as long as the mythal lasts.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 06:58:00 PM »
Yes, but I'm not using this mythal, I'm selling it, it would also mean that they are almost infinitely survivable as long as the mythal lasts.

Selling it?  Definitely add it then...and make it to where you can still dispel it with a thought, like any other self cast spell.  Failsafe, check!
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 07:03:57 PM »
PAO perhaps?  All of those spells stacked on top of a commoner turned War Troll would be that much better.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!