Author Topic: Which Flame Warrior Are You?  (Read 8516 times)

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
Re: Which Flame Warrior Are You?
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 07:28:16 AM »
There are so many!   :bigeye

Meg... I think you're an Admin/Big Cat/Ent.

I think I'm more of a Coffee Klatch/Big Cat/Jekyll and Hyde... Although secretly, I really wanted to add perv and strumpet.  :marx

This suddenly explains the Rhino... :eh

Im kidding!! Put the hammer down... :help
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 07:56:20 AM by bhu »

OneWinged4ngel

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 07:43:12 AM »
and unlike Wizards I don't feel like I'll be permabanned the second I open my mouth.

Random thought:  I wonder if anyone here remembers when WotC permabanned me?  It didn't last long at all for a permaban.   :P  Hurray for supporters.   :clap

Eldariel

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 08:38:51 AM »
Ent does go for Meg pretty well though, specifically this part:
"Warriors who chop and burn an Ent in battle will not earn glory, but will instead incite the enmity of the entire forum."

Isn't that pretty much what happened over at WoTC? Also, she's a Leader. A Rebel Leader.

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2008, 06:37:18 PM »
I'm mostly a Lurker/Android/Nitpick, with maybe just a touch of Big Cat.
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2008, 06:48:52 PM »
I think my Nitpick tendencies are surfacing...

This thread belongs in Off-Topic Fun.

*struggles to control urges*
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 07:01:48 PM »
Let's see...
I shift between Me-Too on my PSP due to post length constraints and Rottweiler Puppy at a real computer.

I've got the male version of Coffee Klatch because I go to this forum for the people and atmosphere rather than the subject matter.

I'm prone to Ennui and Howler as the mood fits.

I held elements of Rebel Leader during the G0 shenanigans, but generally just act as Picador.

Most of all, I've got Big Cat.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 07:23:54 PM »
"Warriors who chop and burn an Ent in battle will not earn glory, but will instead incite the enmity of the entire forum."

Isn't that pretty much what happened over at WoTC? Also, she's a Leader. A Rebel Leader.

That's really just a benefit of being an Ent, though, not what makes someone an Ent. Being an Ent is defined by that long absence from frequent posting detailed in that description (think of the Ents in Lord of the Rings: gone from the world for ages, lying dormant - since that is where this Flame Warrior term came from anyway).
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Eldariel

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 07:41:44 PM »
You're correct, I suppose. The fighting style =/= definition, so Ent just does not work out.

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2008, 08:13:46 PM »
I hope to be an eagle scout someday, but I'm still sorting out the paperwork.

Vindiction7

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2008, 11:52:00 PM »
Let's see...
I shift between Me-Too on my PSP due to post length constraints and Rottweiler Puppy at a real computer.

I've got the male version of Coffee Klatch because I go to this forum for the people and atmosphere rather than the subject matter.

I'm prone to Ennui and Howler as the mood fits.

I held elements of Rebel Leader during the G0 shenanigans, but generally just act as Picador.

Most of all, I've got Big Cat.

Methinks either you have multiple personalities or mood swings, or you just can't decide on something that defines you ;)

Care to point out where you were a Rebel Leader during the whole G0 thing?  I never saw ya as a rebel leader, and you usually notice those guys (they tend to smash their way through forum discussions with a small army at their backs).

OneWinged4ngel

• Email
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2008, 12:04:41 AM »
I hope to be an eagle scout someday, but I'm still sorting out the paperwork.

I look forward to seeing your contributions!   :review

Vindiction7

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2008, 08:55:59 AM »

That's not the defining trait of an Ent, though, it's the defining trait of a martyr.  An ent is primarily defined by being a respected oldie who has long been away from the forums.

Eldariel

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 02:12:30 PM »

That's not the defining trait of an Ent, though, it's the defining trait of a martyr.  An ent is primarily defined by being a respected oldie who has long been away from the forums.

Yes, that was said already and I even conceeded that this is indeed the case. I do not see the reason you're posting that.

OneWinged4ngel

• Email
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 02:13:40 PM »

Yes, that was said already and I even conceeded that this is indeed the case. I do not see the reason you're posting that.

Probably because he's a self-admitted Me Too.   :P

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2008, 02:51:08 PM »
For me, I don't think Ent works well at all.  Ent implies you leave somewhere and I never left wotc until a couple of months ago.  I was there at least every other day for 7 years.

Also, I'm sure Meg here and my wizo name persona will be quite different.  And then my admin/mod side here and my general participatory side will be different too. 

wizo me was nanny/lurker because that's what the job required.
Admin Meg here is Admin/ Rebel Leader
Poster Meg here is Big Cat and sometimes Loopy
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2008, 03:01:57 PM »
@Vindiction7-I don't have mood swings, but may fall into any of those at different times.   As for Rebel Leader, I was the first one to protest Meg's firing and actually got G0 replying to 80% of my posts in the criticism.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

OneWinged4ngel

• Email
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2008, 03:55:54 PM »
I think my Nitpick tendencies are surfacing...

This thread belongs in Off-Topic Fun.

*struggles to control urges*

...Meg told me it belonged here.  I specifically asked her where to put it cuz I wasn't sure when she suggested it...

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2008, 03:59:16 PM »
I decided I want the playground to home threads for "quizzes" in general because they are game-eque.  So if someone wanted to post a "Which D&D Race are you?" type quiz, it would go here, not in off-topic. 

So yes, I specifically said this thread belonged here.
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2008, 04:26:25 PM »
Oooh!  Oooh!  Me next!

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2008, 05:17:20 PM »
PI, the closest individual Flame Warrior that I can see that represents your potential faults, as I see them, is Big Dog. While not a bully per se, you seem intolerant of blowhards and idiots, especially the Profundus Maximus, and you let them know vociferously. Plus you are occasionally joined by Me Too's. Evidence of each can be found in the chess thread (hilarity at the start, and just desserts too. No dinner, just desserts...)

Otherwise, you just seem to be a slightly harsher version of the Eagle Scout, but with your feet in the ground.
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey