Author Topic: Dead Earth: Side Board  (Read 27232 times)

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
Re: Dead Earth: Side Board
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2011, 11:38:41 PM »
Reagan wears a confused look as Brock spreads a wide grin and cordially slaps him on the back. "Do it to to it". He says, which seems to confuse the good doctor even more.

Builder swings open the large double doors and enters the main area of the cafeteria, immediately grimacing. The place was a blood bath of bodies. Or the remnants thereof. Scattered and splattered everywhere, the floors, tables, chairs, walls, fuck there was even some blood and guts on the ceiling. Brock and Builder look around at the scene, Brock muttering "Daaaaaamn" to himself while Reagan swallows hard, looking quite pale.

"I've seen what people look like on the inside", he remarks, "But this...", he swallows again, "Is a bit much".

Brock steps forward and puts a hand on Builder's shoulder. "Something's not right here, there's nothing trying to kill us". He returns to the double doors and looks out warily. "I'll keep a look out, I got a bad feeling all of a sudden".

Doctor Reagan composes himself and motions for Builder to follow. They go to a section near the back, a small kitchen that prepares the trays of food. Reagan begins grabbing various boxes and shoving them into his pack. As they finish loading up they leave the kitchen and see Brock with his hand gun out. "I heard something, sounded like screaming...or screeching, couldn't tell from here".
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

Mystic Lemur

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2011, 12:40:37 PM »
"Make sure you grab as much as you can carry. I don't think I'm up for another trip any time soon." Builder says as he stuff a few loose items in his contractor bag and his toolbelt. "What do you think, Brock? Coming for us, or some other poor bastards?"

Builder looks around for some kind of food cart, or at least a stretcher to pile supplies on, and for anything else among the carnage that could be used by the survivors.
[spoiler]Taking 20 on search for a 21
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
HP: 24
AC: 17
AP: 10[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2011, 12:38:50 AM »
Brock shakes his head. "I don't know man, hopefully not us. I'm with you I've seen enough action for the day but I have no doubt we'll see more before it's over". He sighs. "I wonder if we'll make it out of this alive".

Builder nods to his friend and begins looking around, scouring through the area. Suddenly he slaps his forehead, of course! He begins pulling sections of the tables away and rolling them on the wheels they've sported the entire time. Loading all sorts of supplies on the five by five section and tying them down with extra rope from the doctor's pack he begins pushing it for the door. Brock smiles when he sees him approach. "Damn that's ingenuity right there, we can roll that bitch all the way back to the others".

Brock enters the next room and looks around. "Still clear, let's go".

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2011, 04:22:02 PM »
Builder pulls out the little P6, and lays the knife on the makeshift cart. He pushes it mostly with one hand, ready to bring the gun to bear. He's still not sure of himself with it yet, and is relying mostly on cover fire from his friends.

[spoiler]Spot/Listen: (1d20=11, 1d20=13, 1d20=8) I'm going to keep moving forward, until you give me a reason not to. Just let me know if I need to make more checks.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2011, 02:49:35 AM »
Builder pushes the cart along, with Brock and the Doctor moving first, looking through doors carefully and sweeping the area. They return to the area where they first fought the Infected and met the Doc when suddenly Reagan falls to his knees. "No...", he mutters quietly.

Builder looks up straight ahead to the barricaded door where the refugee's were hiding away. The barricade is ripped to pieces, as if a bulldozer drove through it. Reagan immediately gets up and begins dashing forward. Brock raises a hand after him. "Doc WAIT"!

As soon as the Doctor disappears from view gunshots are heard from the room ahead.

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2011, 08:29:26 PM »
"Shit! Doc!" With a regretful look at Brock, Builder ditches the cart and rushes in after Reagan. "Don't let anything come up behind us!"

[spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2011, 09:19:02 PM »
Brock nods, "got it", he says as he pulls his gun out and watches the hallway. Builder rushes off and into the next room to see Doctor Reagan on his knees, sobbing and fire his rifle into the air.

Builder takes a look around. "Holy shit". The formerly organized room was a catastrophe. Tables and chairs overturned and broken, supplies strewn everywhere. And the refugees...Christ. There were pieces of them here, pieces of them there. The floor was practically covered with blood and guts. Mangled and maimed corpses everywhere...and all of them were missing their heads. Another gunshot caused him to turn his head. The good doctor was still firing shots, was he trying to attract the damn thing back?

"I failed...", he looked up at Builder. "They trusted me, they needed me and I told them everything would be okay. We'd be right back with food. I left them defenseless, this is my fault". His face cringes with pain as he fires another round into the ceiling and sobs again, looking around the room at the remnants of his former co-workers and friends.

Brock enters the room with his gun raised and looks around. "What the fuck is going on-Oh FUCK"! He looks around the room, stunned. "You gotta be fucking kidding me". He walks over to Builder shaking his head. "Now what? We just wast-spent all this fucking time helping this people. And now their fucking head's are gone and the doctor's freaking out".

Another shot and he spins to doc, "Doc you gotta pull yourself together and quit fucking firing shots off, you want that thing here to do to us what it did to them"? He gestures around the room.

Reagan looks up, nothing but coldness in his eyes. "Yes. I want that thing...I WANT IT'S FUCKING HEAD"! He stands up and begins walking down the hall way firing off a shot and screaming at the top of his lungs. "Come out monster. Face someone your own size! Fucking bitch are you hiding you fucking cunt"! He roars in pure rage, spittle flying from his mouth as he fires another shot. "Come on"!

Brock's eyes widen in disbelief. "No...this is not fucking happening". He spins to Builder and shakes his head. "We gotta get out of here, I mean I like the doc and all but he's fucking lost it, maybe we should just take these supplies and go, look out for numeral uno's...two....us, fuck, whatever man you know what I mean".

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2011, 12:02:18 AM »
"No. I'm not fucking leaving him here. Not after all this! Grab the stuff. We're leaving, but he's coming, too." Builder takes off after the Reagan, and tries to use the butt of his knife to knock out the good doctor.

[spoiler]Non-Lethal attack vs. Reagan: (1d20+6+2-4=8, 1d4+4=8) :sigh: Maybe I caught him flat-footed.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2011, 03:37:02 AM »
[spoiler]You may have caught him off guard if he wasn't a level 3 character   :p[/spoiler]

The doctor spins as Reagan moves to knock him out and trains his weapon on him, stopping him in his tracks. "Just what in the name of fuck are you doing"?

Brock pauses in mid air while grabbing stuff, looking at the two, one of his hands slowly move towards the pistol at his side. "Come on doc we don't want to fight this thing it's gonna kill us, then what good are we"?

"Right Builder"? Brock asks, his eyes asking Builder to help him out somehow.

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2011, 04:31:44 AM »
Builder sighs. The weight of what's been happening as clear as the slump in his shoulders and the lines on his face. "Who am I kidding. The whole city's fucked. If we don't die here it will probably be in some other shit-hole. But not like this, Doc. Please. If you want to blame somebody for what happened, blame me. I'm the one who built the barricade. I'm the one who convinced you we had a chance. If it hadn't been for me you could have died protecting them... But you know what? You'd still be dead. Right now you're alive, and if I have anything to say about it, that's how you're going to stay. Besides, you're going to need some of that ammo when the thing finally shows up."

With that, Builder turns back to help Brock.

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2011, 08:46:01 PM »
Doctor Reagan turns and watches as Builder returns to Brock.

Brock nods to Builder, sympathizing with him, hoping they can keep it together and get out of here alive. They continue loading up their packs when another pair of arms appear. Builder and Brock look up to see Doctor Reagan loading stuff into his pack. "I'm sorry Builder...you're right. Let's get out of here before this thing tears us to pieces, I don't know what I was thinking, I just lost it...I'm sorry".

They finish loading up the goods and move for the door, running quickly. As they exit they stop in mid stance. There were two other people out there. A large man who looked to bearing a fireman's coat and a smaller hard looking fellow with a rifle on his back.