Author Topic: Dead Earth: Side Board  (Read 27272 times)

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
Re: Dead Earth: Side Board
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2011, 02:59:54 AM »
Builder stops at the door at the end of the hall way. The short hall way is riddled with three bodies, all headless, and most look like they have been chewed on. Builder takes caution, raising his weapon and advancing slowly to the next door. Brock and Doctor Reagan enter the hall way and look around, taking notes as well.

The end door is like most of the other doors in the hospital. A large steel door with a window in the middle. Builder looks through it to see a semi-large room, it appears to be a lobby area for the cafeteria. There are bodies everywhere. At least ten in the room. All headless and ripped to shreds. Builder exhales slowly, it was a bit queasy seeing what your insides looked like all over the floor, and who knew a human body had so much god damned blood in it?

Something in the corner catches Builder's eye. He looks over to see two infected leaning over two corpses. They are feeding vigorously, ripping into the corpse hungrily. Before Builder can mention the enemies to his party he pauses as he sees one infected begin shaking violently and thrashing wildly in the air. The former marine, by the look of his camouflage outfit, falls on it's back and goes still. The other infected continues to eat as if the entire episode hadn't happened.

Right when Builder is about to mention the oddity he is interrupted mid-thought again as the infected marine begins thrashing again and then suddenly stands up. Without warning the monster screeches, causing Brock and the Doctor to lift up their weapons. "Enemies"? Brock's asks, ready for a fight.

Builder does not answer right away as he is stunned to watch the monster's stomach rip open, teeth appearing at the edges of the wound. Entire appendages explode from the side of the monster near it's stomach and begin groping the air. It's lower jaw completely rots away to fall to the ground but from the top spiky teeth protrude. Of course, the worst part is the blades. The huge blades that sprout from the monster's hands. Builder shakes his head, stunned by the transformation he just saw.

The abomination looks around sees Builder. Screeching it rushes the door.

[spoiler]Initiative please.

[/spoiler]

Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

Mystic Lemur

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2011, 03:27:46 AM »
[spoiler]Initiative: (1d20+2=8) :(
Strength check to try to hold the door closed. Strength: (1d20+3=8) :( :([/spoiler]

<Fuck! Fuckfuckfuck! Fucking Fuck!> "Fuck! Back the fuck up! I can't hold it!"

[spoiler]
HP: 34
AC: 17
AP: 10[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2011, 12:44:06 AM »
The hellish nightmare of a creature runs towards them and slams into the door and Builder is pushed back against the others as the door swings open to reveal the monster.

"Jesus fuck"! Brock yells as the sees the creature for the first time. The doctor screams behind him. A scream of terror. Builder hopes he does not run.

The horrible thing to behold swings at Builder with a wicked bladed hand. Builder ducks and weaves under the blade like a boxer as it swings over his head and hits the wall instead. He sees the damage the infected creature can do first hand as the wooden wall in the hall way is easily sheared by the blade protruding from the creature's hand.

"I can't get a shot off", the Doctor yells, "It's going to kill us"! With that he turns and runs into the next room.

Brock steps forward and grabs the door, shoving it in the creature's face. His large muscles bulge and strain as he holds the door closed for the moment. "We've got to think of something. We need Reagan and he's flipping out"!

[spoiler]

Initiative Order

Skinhusker

Doctor

Brock

Builder

Infected human

[/spoiler]

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2011, 02:40:17 PM »
"At least one of you did what I said..." Builder growls, helping Brock hold the door closed. "But thanks. DOC! WE'RE HEADED YOU'RE WAY! WHEN WE GET CLEAR, OPEN FIRE!!!"

[spoiler]Builder will ready to Withdraw the same time as Brock. Meanwhile...

Strength Aid Another: (1d20+3=17) to help Brock hold the door.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2011, 03:08:22 PM »
"Hey I'm saving your ass", Brock growls back, but a small grim smile remains on his face.

The infected human near the bottom of the room turns up from where it had been feasting on the corpse and lowers it's jaw to screech, remnants of it's meal falling from it's bloodied mouth. The creature runs terrifyingly fast towards the door. Builder wonders how zombie movies got it so wrong, none of these creatures were slow! The infected human jumps towards the door to slam into it. Brock busts into laughter as the infected immediately hits the heavy metal door and bounces off nearly falling over.

Brock's laughter is cut short as the bladed monster slams into the door and nearly opens it. Brock and Builder both roar in exertion as they push back, edging the door back to closed. The monster continues to attack the door from the other side, slashing it and attempting to get through. One of his blades smash through the glass window and go between Brock and Builder's head. They both stare wide eyed at it momentarily as they continue to struggle holding the door.

"This one's strong"! Brock yells.

Doctor Reagan stops in the next room, his hand on the door way to retreat. He looks back after hearing Builder's voice. Brock had not even come with him, but stayed with his friend. He thought he had been brave before, collecting weapons, setting a couple traps, and protecting the refugees. He had more help then but that was no excuse for his behavior now... ashamed of himself and inspired by Builder and Brock's courage he turns and kneels in the corner, his weapon trained on the door. "Bring it on"! He roars back to Builder.

Brock looks to Builder and yells over the sound of the infected screeching and the monster destroying the door. "Ready"?

[spoiler]
The doctor readies an action to fire on any enemy that passes through the door.

Brock holds his turn to run at the same time Builder does.

[/spoiler]

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2011, 06:20:03 PM »
"Ready... Now!" And Builder suits action to words as he leaps away from the door. He grabs the doorframe of the next room to swing himself around, and comes to a stop near Doc Reagan. He drops down to one knee and readies his knife in both hands.

[spoiler]Builder will stop one square southwest of Reagan, and drop to one knee to provide better field of fire to the Doc, and to Brock if he sets up behind Builder. I should still have a Standard action left, so I'd like to ready to attack the first bad guy to come within reach.

Attack vs. AC: (1d20+6=13, 1d8+5=13)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2011, 10:06:51 PM »
As Builder tears away from the door way Brock follows after him. Immediately the door swings open to slam against the other wall as the bladed monster steps forward, flailing the blades...angrily? <Do these creatures feel anything>, Brock wondered as he retreated into the next room with Builder. He came to a skid behind Builder as the man set up on the ground, crouched with his knife like a warrior, waiting for the enemy. Brock nodded, understanding and pulled out his pistol. "Bring it on"! [spoiler]He prepares his standard to fire as well.[/spoiler]

The infected human regains it's balance and begins dashing forward again. This time through the now open door. As soon as it enters the next room Doctor Reagan, from his crouched position, fires his rifle. The bullet whizzes through the air, the loud report of the gunfire echoing in the small spaces. Brock raises a hand to his ear in pain as all sound is blotted out momentarily. Builder feels the same way, seeing but hearing nothing. Oddly it made things seem to move in slow motion. He hears Doctor Reagan's voice, cursing loudly, his voice sounding slowed down and deep. The infected human seems to have taken no damage, the good doctor must have missed.

Suddenly time is normal, that is, it's far too frantic and they can hear the screeching of the infected human, a former nurse from her outfit. She continues running towards them and simultaneously Brock fires as Builder slashes at the approaching enemy. The bullet hits the infected as it moves to swing at Builder. The bullet smashing into her small frame rocked her off balance and as she stumbled forward Builder reaches out, brutally snatching the former human's hair to wrench her head back, exposing the soft tissue of the neck. Builder stabs the huge blade into the neck once, near the top, and then stabs again on the side before throwing the corpse forward at his feet, mostly convinced the enemy is dead. <No. What have we become>?

The hellish creature stepped through the door way and looks to Builder. Screeching a high pitched sound, almost like a whistle really, it ran forward swinging it's blades madly. As it approaches Builder it attempts to stab him with a huge blade. To Builder's horror he can see the small second arms of the creature reaching out as if trying to grab him.

Once again the creature misses! Builder, still kneeled, bobs his head like a fighter and the jab goes by, missing him.

However Brock is struck as the blow misses Builder and goes past, cutting into the side of Brock's thigh. Brock yells in pain and surprise as upon seeing blood, the monster begins trembling and screeching madly.

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2011, 01:24:48 AM »
Seeing his friend hurt, and seeing Reagan in danger as well, causes Builder to lose his cool for a moment. As he rises off his knee, he brings the knife up in a huge uppercut... <Falcon PUNCH!>
[spoiler]Power Attack vs. AC: (1d20+3=9, 1d8+8=10)  :banghead[/spoiler]

... but incredibly the beast dodges! Builder just hopes he has it's attention still.

[spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2011, 03:58:02 AM »
[spoiler]Dude weirdest thing ever. As I was working on some candy today at work I randomly yelled FALCON PUNCH! And unfortunately no one knew what I was talking about. Then I come home to find you mentioned it as well in your post!  :D[/spoiler]

The blade comes up, ready to slice the...throat? The monster had physiologically changed much. Builder was unsure where it's weak spots could really be. But nonetheless it did not matter, for the creature happened to sway back coincidentally at the perfect moment and Builder's attack missed.

As the creature sways away from Builder, Brock takes his chance and fires his glock from the kneeled position into the fray. His aim is true and the bullet strikes the infected monster's hide. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to do as much damage as it should. In fact Builder almost thinks he notices an oddity in the way the creature received the bullet. (Spot check Builder).

Doctor Reagan yells, part battle cry, part in fear as he fires on the enemy. The bladed creature is near and it's flailing blades may strike him. Reagan fires and his bullet goes wild, missing in the tight quarters and ricocheting away. But the creature's blades whip around like an organic lawn mower from Hell. Reagan yells and ducks, barely dodging in time as the blades slash across the wall behind him and tears through the wall.

The monster roars and whips it's blades furiously, screeching something awful. It swings at both Doctor Reagan and Builder simultaneously with it's large blades, the attacks slicing the air with such power that they create a whistle in themselves.

Doctor Reagan practically hits the ground as the blade fly over his head and destroy a section of the wall behind him.

Builder throws up his large knife at the last second, grunting and growling as the creature's blade strikes his and sparks fly as he holds the beast back and then throws the blade away. <Not today.>

[spoiler]None of you have changed position on the map. I had Doctor Reagan be attacked by an AoO but I let Brock go on the account of your character attempting to defend him and him being adjacent at the moment.

The initiative is currently back to you Builder.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 04:08:52 AM by ragincajun2288 »

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2011, 07:12:03 PM »
[spoiler]Spot: (1d20=16)[/spoiler]

<This is the toughest fight I've ever been in. I don't know if I'm really cut out for this... Well, it's to late now. Do or Die. All those people counting on us...> Builder pulls out his trusty wrench to try to help ward off the awesome blows from this... Thing.

Desperate to land a solid blow, Builder punches out at the chest of the Thing. Would it be enough?
[spoiler]Power Attack vs. AC: (1d20+3=20, 1d8+7=13) If that doesn't hit, we're screwed.  :lmao[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2011, 04:33:23 AM »
As Builder's emotions fuel him he strikes out with power and desperation, the strength from many years of lifting and working the construction yard channeling through his movement.

Like a jab the blow comes straight from Builder's chest. The durable, reliable knife punctures the hide of the monster and enters the intestines revealed by the split in the creatures body. Whether this organs are vital and damage to them causes any real damage is beyond Builder's guess but he does know this: the creature seems to be quite unhappy. It screeches the high pitched whistle and suddenly, as if summoned, another infected human appears at the door way. The party all see the monster enter and they all utter their own prayers or curses.

Suddenly Builder realizes something: (The Result of your Intelligence Check). [spoiler]This creature seems to take bullets in stride, it's armored hide defends it from attacks from afar by deflecting the bullets away from the intestines. Only a true aim could strike them...but a melee attack, a melee attack always has intention, thus making it easier to target vital points.[/spoiler]

Seeing Builder strike the creature and appear to hurt it fills Doctor Reagan with new confidence. Roaring a battlecry, one that reeked of defiance he fired his rifle at the monster.

The aim was true...but at the last second the monster lifted a blade and the bullet struck it, ricocheting away-and luckily hitting no one-as sparks flew from the initial collision. As an foreman Builder knew there verying degrees of hardness, from the first Talc to the last Diamond, but for this bone to deflect a bullet at this range must mean it was very, very dense, perhaps unbreakable.

As Doctor Reagan attempted his close range shot the monster took advantage and struck out with it's bladed arm.

Suddenly the air is filled with Doctor Reagan's screams as the blade slices across his chest and upper shoulder from the center out, a deep gash that spurts blood.

Brock fires almost simultaneously, the bullet at close range smashing through the creature with such force it created a large exit wound that stained the floor behind it. Still Builder can't help but think the attack should have did more damage.

The monster screeches that horrible screech and the infected runs to it's call, striking out at the doctor. The Doctor though, puts the butt of his rifle in the infected's stomach, pushing him back. "I'm not done yet"! The Doctor roars defiantly.

The bladed monster turns to Builder. It seems to know who damaged it. Wildly, but with intent, it flails it's blades toward Builder.

Builder cries out in agony as the blade rips across his face, from the bottom of his forehead to below his left eye, for 10 points of damage! Builder realizes that if he survives this he will probably have a scar to show for it and perhaps be all the more harder. What didn't kill you made you stronger was the saying?

[spoiler]Positions of everyone on the map + The new infected entered with a high initiative.This is the current order:

Skinhusker

Infected Human

Builder

Brock or Doctor Reagan (Same initiative number).

[/spoiler]

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2011, 11:30:41 PM »
"Aim for the innards! I think the intestines are a weak point." Then, with a roar of defiance, Builder tries to tackle the beast!

[spoiler]I'm actually going to hold my action until it makes an AoO on someone else, then I'm going to attempt to 'Trip' him and hope it doesn't have Combat Reflexes.

Touch Attack: (1d20+6=25)
Opposed Strength: (1d20+3=6) I tried to channel "Rule of Cool", but to no avail. :(
Opposed Strength: (1d20+3=22) At least he probably won't trip me back.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
HP: 24

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2011, 04:50:05 AM »
Brock hears his friend's call and listens, lifting his gun and attempting to kill the creature. He fires with a battle cry and the bullet homes in from close range on the enemy. Yet this new monster once again lifts a blade to block the bullet. Brock's eyes widen. "What is this thing fucking made of"? He cries.

Doctor Reagan fires at the monster and as the bladed creature attempts to strike him Builder lashes out from the other side with a swift kick to it's legs.

Builder yelps in surprise as the lower arms of the creature catch his foot and attempt to pull him closer. Builder rips his leg free with a grunt and watches as Doctor Reagan fires his shot nearly point blank but misses once again. The good Doctor unleashes a barrage of curses as the bladed creature continues to attack.

The monster misses Doctor Reagan once again as the blade flails and slashes another large gash in the wall. The wall behind the Doctor is starting to look completely annihilated. Once again Builder wonders as the strength of these blades.

The bladed monster, perhaps in frustration, continues to come after the Doctor and swings it's blades.

The monster misses again! And it's blades rip an entire section of the wall behind the Doctor away. Doctor Reagan roars happily, a cry of victory.

"Finish him Builder"!

The doctor's cry is cut short as the infected in front of him swings at him several times, missing several times. "Ha"! The doctor roars again.

[spoiler]Wooowhahahahahooooow. Damn my rolls blow tonight, for everyone. So basically I rolled threes for everything so no change from the last round Mystic.[/spoiler]

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2011, 03:15:15 AM »
Trying to catch an opening as the beast is focused on Reagan, Builder jabs his knife forward again and again...

[spoiler]Power Attack vs. AC: (1d20+3=5, 1d8+7=11)

...Bwahahahahahahaaaa! I'm going to start attacking the wall, so I hit the monster instead. :lmao[/spoiler]

... but can't seem to find an opening. <How much longer can we keep this up?>

[spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2011, 04:48:17 PM »
The horrible monster bats away Builder's attempts to stab it with it's unnatural lower set of arms, screeching all the while from the ragged hole where it's lower jaw used to be. Builder rips his arm away from where one of the claw like things had tried to grab his wrist. He sets back up, holding the knife in combat position and steels himself to keep fighting, but God fighting is tiring and Builder feels exhausted.

Brock fires his gun from behind him. No battle cry now, only the silent wishing's of man who wants to live. In the tight corners Builder's ears begin ringing again. Suddenly Builder feels dizzy as well and his vision blurs. He's thinks he hears Reagan's voice shouting.

Suddenly Builder falls to his knees. Without his primary senses he feels as if he is floating in a void, only his thoughts to accompany him. Without warning pain surges through him and he clenches his teeth, groaning through them in pain as he feels as if his blood is boiling.

[spoiler]Fortitude Save Builder.[/spoiler]

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2011, 09:07:57 AM »
[spoiler]Fortitude Save: (1d20+7=12)  :shakefist KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!![/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2011, 03:01:12 AM »
Builder opens his eyes but his vision is blurry and he feels there is nothing but a dim whiteness to his sight. Slowly he regains his senses and realizes he's lying on his back, facing the soft white lights on the white plaster ceiling. Brock's head and Reagan's appear over him, both smiling.

Builder leans up and puts a hand to his head. "Oh, what happened"?

Brock puts a hand on Builder's shoulder to help steady him. "Great news buddy. According to the doc you just went under a seizure caused by the virus attacking your immune system. Okay, that's not the good news actually, the good news is you survived".

Doctor Reagan chimes in. "Indeed, it means you have a strong constitution Builder, and judging from your previous occupation that should come at no surprise. This will be the first of several instances if the other cases are to be believed. Some die as the virus grows in them...and they return as the Infected. But if you can survive them all then you'll be like Leon Fett, the survivor we studied here! You'll be something new".

Builder shakes his head at the information while he recovers. Ignoring Brock's extended hand to help he pushes himself up and looks down at the creature. It's entire top half of it's skull is missing and blood and brain matter are everywhere. He looks to Brock, who's still kneeling, and and Brock nods. "It was a good shot...and lucky too".

Doctor Reagan and Brock stand with Builder. Brock looks to Builder and points to his eye. "You got red on you".

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #137 on: July 04, 2011, 03:35:32 PM »
Builder glances down at his gore splattered attire, and reaches to wipe his face. "Umm... Thanks. I just need a minute, I think." As he says this, he walks back to the previous room to get a cold drink out of one of the vending machines. <I just don't want to turn into whatever that was.> "Hey, Doc. You think that was your Reaper? It looked like one of those infected Special Ops guys turned into this thing. That means there's probably more than one. Let's be careful the rest of the way." With that, he downs the rest of the soda, burps to show he's okay, then heads into the next room to search for anything useful among the carnage.

[spoiler]Just a general search of the room where Builder saw the infected transform.
Search: (1d20+1=8)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2011, 01:16:28 AM »
The doctor and Brock follow Builder into the next room. "That thing? The Reaper"? The doctor wipes his brow. "I don't know. I've never seen the Reaper before but whatever it was it was a fucking devil". He breathes heavily a couple more times before looking at Builder in disbelief. "I hope there isn't another one", he looks back towards the monster's corpse as if it's going to get up again.

As Builder moves into the next room they follow and poke around too as he explores. The room is some sort of lobby into the main dining area. There is a long counter and a register at the bottom corner and Builder finds there two dead bodies behind the counter. He looks through the corpses but sees nothing of interest. The register is had been knocked to the ground near the bodies and money was everywhere. Money. Green paper. It was worthless for the moment.

Builder looks to the last door. The doctor nods. "That's where the food supplies are. Surely there can be nothing left in our path".

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mystic Lemur

• Email
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2011, 06:25:24 PM »
"Great. You hear what he just did, Brock? Now we're going to walk in there and there's going to be an army of those things... Next time you feel like saying something encouraging why don't you keep it to yourself." Says Builder with a giant smile on his face. <Doc probably thinks I'm nuts. I guess he really is one of us now.>

"Let's do it. Food's not getting any fresher."
He says, as he walks through the last set of doors...

[spoiler]