Author Topic: It's Time To Duel  (Read 26221 times)

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
Re: It's Time To Duel
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2011, 08:56:11 PM »
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2011, 09:15:21 PM »
He was never that haughty. That style of insult points to someone... Sunic Flames being the first to come to mind.

Hi Welcome and go fuck yourself with a rusty drill, while spinning on it and break dancing. I see exactly what you did there, however you of all people should know there are some lines that should never be crossed. Now, guess what you've done, hero.

You were the first person to come to mind who would actually parody someone like Giacomo.

And just as there are some lines that you should never cross, there are some lines that I should never cross either. The difference is, unlike you I respect those boundaries, so if I were to make an alt to troll this forum, it would not be one based on a Class Ael Failtard since as trollworthy as such an incident would be, it would also involve pretending to be an abomination, which is almost as offensive as actually being one.

Right. If you were to impersonate someone, you would have done so a little more obviously by using the original Fael instead of Giacomo. We wouldn't be having this conversation if you did.

So while you might very well be onto something that someone is impersonating Giacomo in some likely doomed attempt to make him look even worse than he naturally makes himself, any further attempts to state or imply that I am in any way responsible for this will result in my being responsible for reaching through your monitor, shoving my arm down your throat, and pulling your balls out only to make you eat them again.

Do I make myself clear?

Again: You were the first person to come to mind. Do remember that you've earned something of a reputation for using alts back during the Fael days.

I repeat: I am not accusing you. You were just the first I thought of.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Kajhera

• Hong Kong
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2011, 09:31:42 PM »
The Decipher Script checks contained within this thread amuse me.

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2011, 09:37:36 PM »
Odd that somebody would troll Solo. Well, I guess he might be trolling the whole forum. I kinda wish it were the real Giacomo. His posts always made me LOL.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2011, 10:27:44 PM »
Odd that somebody would troll Solo.
Why?

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2011, 10:29:26 PM »
Why?
You just don't come across to me as somebody that'd be targeted.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2011, 10:30:19 PM »
Why?
Probably because you're more effective at lambasting trolls than pretty much anyone else?

Mostly because you have valid arguments and are coherent most of the time.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2011, 05:35:37 AM »
Why?
Probably because you're more effective at lambasting trolls than pretty much anyone else?

Mostly because you have valid arguments and are coherent most of the time.
Coherence is important, otherwise you will go from fighting trolls to being trolls!
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2011, 06:20:27 AM »
<snip snip snip snippity snip>
Boiled that down for you guys.

Hi Welcome

Speaking of which...

:lmao :lmao :lmao
This is why I believe Sunic is being impersonated by the physically abused stepchild of a distant relative to the real Sunic.  They have to be related somehow, or else I can't figure a reasonable means by which he could have gotten a hold of the real Sunic's password to his forum account.

By the way, I consider Solo a troll.  Unlike most trolls, however, Solo is actually intelligent, witty, and somewhat entertaining when he trolls, so maybe he's a Primordial Giant Troll.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2011, 12:09:21 PM »
He was never that haughty. That style of insult points to someone... Sunic Flames being the first to come to mind.

Hi Welcome and go fuck yourself with a rusty drill, while spinning on it and break dancing. I see exactly what you did there, however you of all people should know there are some lines that should never be crossed. Now, guess what you've done, hero.

You were the first person to come to mind who would actually parody someone like Giacomo.

And just as there are some lines that you should never cross, there are some lines that I should never cross either. The difference is, unlike you I respect those boundaries, so if I were to make an alt to troll this forum, it would not be one based on a Class Ael Failtard since as trollworthy as such an incident would be, it would also involve pretending to be an abomination, which is almost as offensive as actually being one.

Right. If you were to impersonate someone, you would have done so a little more obviously by using the original Fael instead of Giacomo. We wouldn't be having this conversation if you did.

So while you might very well be onto something that someone is impersonating Giacomo in some likely doomed attempt to make him look even worse than he naturally makes himself, any further attempts to state or imply that I am in any way responsible for this will result in my being responsible for reaching through your monitor, shoving my arm down your throat, and pulling your balls out only to make you eat them again.

Do I make myself clear?

Again: You were the first person to come to mind. Do remember that you've earned something of a reputation for using alts back during the Fael days.

I repeat: I am not accusing you. You were just the first I thought of.

He don't know me very well, do he?

<snip snip snip snippity snip>
Boiled that down for you guys.

Hi Welcome

Speaking of which...

:lmao :lmao :lmao
This is why I believe Sunic is being impersonated by the physically abused stepchild of a distant relative to the real Sunic.  They have to be related somehow, or else I can't figure a reasonable means by which he could have gotten a hold of the real Sunic's password to his forum account.

By the way, I consider Solo a troll.  Unlike most trolls, however, Solo is actually intelligent, witty, and somewhat entertaining when he trolls, so maybe he's a Primordial Giant Troll.

Hi Welcome

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2011, 12:25:57 PM »
My personal theory is that his girlfriend left him.

To which I say;  Don't give up hope!  There's like, a whole SEA OF FISH out there.

And dating prospects too.

Aharon

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2011, 01:54:01 PM »
Quote from: Lycanthromancer
Also, magic is by far the most powerful thing in D&D-land. It curbstomps pretty much EVERYTHING. Including divine ranks.

OK, now you have made me curious. Could you please elaborate? Divine Ranks are awesome, since they offer SDAs. Hell, Alter Reality gives you every spell ever, so it is arguably more powerful than magic.
By clicking this link, you open a pop-up, but I get a eurocent for my current wish, the 5th book of the Wheel of Time series. Please note that this only works if you leave the pop-up opened till it has finished loading. Thank you!

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2011, 02:16:31 PM »
Also, magic is by far the most powerful thing in D&D-land. It curbstomps pretty much EVERYTHING. Including divine ranks.

OK, now you have made me curious. Could you please elaborate? Divine Ranks are awesome, since they offer SDAs. Hell, Alter Reality gives you every spell ever, so it is arguably more powerful than magic.

A few SDAs are useful. The rest, not so much. Mortals can beat any god that doesn't have an lol fuck you no ability, like Mass Life and Death, simply by using spells. Now sure gods can use magic too, particularly if they are magic gods, but that's their magic winning things.

Rejakor: Hi Welcome

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

FlySkyHigh

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2011, 03:52:35 PM »
Dunno if this has been mentioned, but there's a Dragon Magazine feat called Serenity that allows you to key Paladin abilities off of wisdom, so you could potentially amp your stuff up even more.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2011, 04:11:37 PM »
Dunno if this has been mentioned, but there's a Dragon Magazine feat called Serenity that allows you to key Paladin abilities off of wisdom, so you could potentially amp your stuff up even more.

First, this is a Core build.

Second, if you think this is serious, you need to reread the thread.

Third,

By the time most characters are fighting a deity, the PCs are going to be in the Epic levels. Epic Spellcasting>>>>>>Divine Ranks. You can literally replicate any SDA with the right Epic spell, and can easily reduce the costs to trivial amounts.

Normal spellcasting can indeed take on a deity, but it requires a huge amount of effort and is honestly not worth doing.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

FlySkyHigh

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2011, 04:15:35 PM »
Ah, wasn't really sure if it was core only. Ah well, still a fairly funny build. And yes, I know it's not serious, doesn't mean I can't think about it  :D Other than that, I find this thread amusing on the whole.

I will say this much, I find this whole situation amusing, mostly because Solo seems to subscribe to one particular Style And it works.

Winning.

Otovulf

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Damn Skippy
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »
Did you piece this together when you posted in my thread.  If so, that is awesome. 

Any case, this is awesome.
So just sorta found out about games like D&D.  Life is good.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
WHY!?!?!?!
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2011, 11:41:16 PM »
I thought Solo was going to make a D&D character that summoned monsters using a deck of cards...

I thought it was the apocalypse...
Deck of Illusions
This set of parchment cards is usually found in an ivory, leather, or wooden box. A full deck consists of thirty-four cards. When a card is drawn at random and thrown to the ground, a major image of a creature is formed. The figment lasts until dispelled. The illusory creature cannot move more than 30 feet away from where the card landed, but otherwise moves and acts as if it were real. At all times it obeys the desires of the character who drew the card. When the illusion is dispelled, the card becomes blank and cannot be used again. If the card is picked up, the illusion is automatically and instantly dispelled. The cards in a deck and the illusions they bring forth are summarized on the following table. (Use one of the first two columns to simulate the contents of a full deck using either ordinary playing cards or tarot cards.)

Please excuse me while I murder myself...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: WHY!?!?!?!
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2011, 12:58:48 AM »
I thought Solo was going to make a D&D character that summoned monsters using a deck of cards...

I thought it was the apocalypse...
Deck of Illusions
This set of parchment cards is usually found in an ivory, leather, or wooden box. A full deck consists of thirty-four cards. When a card is drawn at random and thrown to the ground, a major image of a creature is formed. The figment lasts until dispelled. The illusory creature cannot move more than 30 feet away from where the card landed, but otherwise moves and acts as if it were real. At all times it obeys the desires of the character who drew the card. When the illusion is dispelled, the card becomes blank and cannot be used again. If the card is picked up, the illusion is automatically and instantly dispelled. The cards in a deck and the illusions they bring forth are summarized on the following table. (Use one of the first two columns to simulate the contents of a full deck using either ordinary playing cards or tarot cards.)

Please excuse me while I murder myself...
Oh, man, I love that item.  Both as a DM and as a PC. 

A lot like a deck of many things, except you can keep playing the campaign afterwards.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2011, 01:52:56 AM »
deck + reset game trick...

but even then the campaign will likely end via dm fiat. =P
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine