Author Topic: Pumping my power DCs  (Read 2792 times)

godzilla5939

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Pumping my power DCs
« on: March 24, 2011, 03:13:06 AM »
So I'm playing an epic Spell to Power Erudite Character, I want want to fuck shit up and I don't want anything to resist my powers, but I'm not sure how exactly I can pump the DCs of my powers, class options and race options are out, though feats and items are still in flux at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:16:17 AM by godzilla5939 »

Andion Isurand

• An Anomaly of The Art
    • MageRune - Andion Isurand's Homebrew Blog
Re: Pumping my power DCs
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 03:48:25 AM »
If you had a living familiar to "transfer ability points" from, I would suggest the Transfusion spell (sor/wiz 5) which lasts for 10 minutes/level from Dragon Magazine 339 for an unnamed bonus to the ability score of your choosing.  Otherwise its hard to maintain contact with an unwilling target for the entire 1 minute casting time.

These items will provide you more temporary unnamed bonuses to your intelligence.
Ring of the White Wyrm (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fw/20030323a)
Skin of Fiendish Embrace (Complete Psionic pg. 110)

There's also Panaeolo (Lords of Darkness, pg. 184)... depending on how your magic/psionics transparency works... a dose will boost your DCs by 2 (or by 3 for two doses at once) for a little while... but it will also cause ability damage to your charisma... if I remember right.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:52:36 AM by Andion Isurand »

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 03:54:05 AM »
To help give a more specific solution heres my sheet http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=281456.

Andion Isurand

• An Anomaly of The Art
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 03:59:01 AM »
To help give a more specific solution heres my sheet http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=281456.

I think your wisdom and intelligence items are reversed in how they are expressed in the ability score blocks.

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 04:00:57 AM »
Oh, holy shit I can't believe I did that. :banghead

Andion Isurand

• An Anomaly of The Art
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 04:26:53 AM »
You could also take... Node Manifesting & Metanode Power along with some way of getting Acorn of Far Travel from a tree at the node's center... and just augment your powers to higher limits.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 04:33:51 AM by Andion Isurand »

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 04:31:23 AM »
I'm thinking I'm just going to make a epic power that will allow me to add a bigass bonus to my int. Also, how would acorn of far travel help me?

Andion Isurand

• An Anomaly of The Art
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 04:33:16 AM »
You'd be considered to be standing under the tree from wence the acorn came, and thus in the center of the earth node.

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 04:34:18 AM »
where would I find aforementioned node feats?

Andion Isurand

• An Anomaly of The Art
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 04:35:16 AM »
They are the psionic variants of the Earth Node feats found in the Underdark book on page 52.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 04:37:17 AM by Andion Isurand »

Psithief

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 08:01:23 AM »
Have you used polymorph any object to turn yourself into a white ethergaunt for a boost to your base intelligence?
Maybe your DM doesn't let that stack with 4th-level ability increases or inherent bonuses. If not, disregard.

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 01:40:04 PM »
I'm thinking I'm just going to make a epic power that will allow me to add a bigass bonus to my int. Also, how would acorn of far travel help me?

This way lies madness. For zero XP, and no other spellcasters contributing spells, you can get:

(All Permanent)
+23 Armor bonus
+23 Natural Armor bonus
+3 Armor bonus of deflection, divine, insight, sacred, vile, ect.
+14 enhancement to every stat, each saving throw (so stacks with resistance), spell resistance, and natural armor.
Also a +4 inherent bonus to each of those things.
Energy Resistance 14 to everything.
DR 7/Epic
Ward 20 points (negates first 20 points of damage from bludgeoning/Piercing/slashing damage each round)
Ward 35 points against each energy type (checked before ER, so effectively ER 49, but the first 35 work even against Searing spell ect.)
Immunity to any and every spell ever, provided you have the time to sit down and think about it long enough to name every single spell you want to be immune to. (Can be overcome with a Dispel directed at your ward, sort of, because they are separate wards, they would have to target each one and somehow discern which ward is protecting against which spell.)

And all that will cost you 0XP, and 0gp.

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 02:24:39 PM »
Also, since you have metamind 10, pop Font of Power, have a Schism out, have it start casting Temporal Reiteration.  Now your Font of Power lasts until your Schism ends, which is.. never, since you don't need to sleep.  Now cast every buff spell in the game.  In the order most beneficial to you.  And use every ability and power, including those that you can only get temporarily, that has a duration, even of only one round.  You get all of them.  Full stop.  Also infinite PP.

That should net you +5 or so.

Necromantic Empowerment is a great spell that gives +9 untyped int (among other bonuses) at the cost of taking a feat (Mother Cyst).  So many ways to get bonus feats and change them around.

Ability Enhancer + Being Undead or Veil Of Undeath + Fell Energy Spell = +4 to ability score bonuses granted by spells, and +2 to any numerical bonus granted by a spell to an undead(or person with veil of undeath up).

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 04:17:50 PM »
Make yourself immune to death from HP damage and use Epic Overchannel for Epic Pwnage.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 10:17:14 PM »
How would I go about making myself immune to death from hp damage in the easiest way.

the_shadowmind

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 10:36:10 PM »
Could he use an augmented Temporal Reiteration to keep the duration up for a group as well?

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 11:05:14 PM »
Wow, I never thought of using schism like that, I planned on just doing that myself. Thats a wonderful idea. Also, since I have spell to power doesn't this mean I can use a neverending time stop.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 11:24:41 PM by godzilla5939 »

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 01:02:17 AM »
Better!  You can use a neverending Temporal Acceleration.  You just became The Flash.  Combine with Persisted dischargeable Footsteps of the Divine for extra lulz.

With your Epic ML of what, 35ish?  You can keep Temporal Reiteration up on up to 6 other people with your Schism.

However, they have to stay within 30'.  Or, you, and they, could all carry an Acorn of Far Travel, so you're all under that oak tree together.

Easiest way is probably Delay Death, cleric 3 or something.  With Temporal Reiteration, it will stay forever.  Add the Masochism spell for whoops I broke the game.

Be careful, though, if someone finds a way to stop you reiterating, or dispels you, you'll die of accumulated hp damage.  Probably remember to Heal yourself up with a Healing Platform from Stronghold Builders Guidebook before you go to sleep.  Or just sleep on one.  Or just keep the damn thing strapped to your back.  Or just cast the Lesser Vigor, Vigor, Greater Vigor line on yourself for free fast healing that will over time erode your stupidhigh hp damage.

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 03:15:40 AM »
I came up with this http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=285581 as one of my thralls to bump me up 4 int, I don't know much about fiend of possesion though and was wondering what some good feats for him would be.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 08:32:16 PM by godzilla5939 »

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 11:22:22 PM »
With my thralls being a fiend of corruption and possession and thes epic spells

Infernal Intellect
Transmutation
Psicraft DC: 59
Components: V, S
Manifesting Time: 10 minutes
Target: personal
Duration: 20 hours
To Develop: 531,000 gp; 11 days; 21,240 XP. Seed: fortify (DC 23). Factors: change target to personal (-2 DC) increase enhancement bonus to +10 (+54 DC), Mitigating factors: change casting time to 10 minutes (-18 DC)
The caster of this spell gains a +10 profane bonus to his intelligence for the duration of the spell

and

Keen Intellect
Transmutation
Psicraft DC: 55
Components: V, S
Manifesting Time: 10 minutes
Target: personal
Duration: 20 hours
To Develop: 495,000 gp; 10 days; 19,800 XP. Seed: fortify (DC 17). Factors: change target to personal (-2 DC) increase enhancement bonus to +30 (+58 DC), Mitigating factors: change casting time to 10 minutes (-18 DC)
The caster of this spell gains a +30 enhancement bonus to his intelligence for the duration of the spell.

Any other ideas I'm at 80 Int wondering if there were any others anyone else could think of.

I got 4 more epic spells/powers granting insight, sacred, epic and luck bonuses to my int bringing it up to 120
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 01:00:26 PM by godzilla5939 »