Author Topic: Pathfinders CR=ECL/LA system  (Read 7063 times)

Di Bastet

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Pathfinders CR=ECL/LA system
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 01:13:20 PM »
Raise Thread!

For the OP, btw, somehow I forgot to awser in time, but here's my opinion:

Mostly works with printed pathfinder monsters, but there are those blatant examples that simply can't let you sit as a DM and say "all's fine". As I awser my players "you may use, but if I find problems mid-game, I'll have to fix mid-game", you should consider saying this. Most players should be okay if something is too broken to be fun and all.

Oh, and besides that, you have to work most non-pf monsters into "PF way" first, and with that I don't mean taking out grapple and adding CMD and such, but reconstructing the monster in the molds of PF monsters. See that many PF monsters don't have as many HD as 3.5 ones, but they still meet the generic values on the "creating a monster" table. For example, the Ragewalker is a warrior fey with CR 14 and 22 HD, very common in 3.5. You sould first fit it into the "pf way", giving it, who knows, 16 HD, and reworking the stats and things to fit into the generic "creating a monster" table.

That's what I do in my games, when players want to play, or have as follower, a monster that's not already in the bestiary 1 and 2. Even some monsters who ARE on the bestiary need some little reworking (like a nymph that we have on our group).