Author Topic: Shifter/Warshaper  (Read 6437 times)

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
Shifter/Warshaper
« on: March 21, 2011, 04:38:14 PM »
So, pondering around, I came across Warshaper and this time Shifters came to mind, instead of the usual suspects (changelings :P). So far, I've got something like:

Warblade 4/Warshaper 4/dunno 12

An interesting approach would be using [shifter] feats:

Improved Natural Attack, Shifter Multiattack, Longtooth Elite, Extra Shifter Trait (Razorclaw), Shifter Defense, Shifter Instincts.

Using Diamond Mind save maneuvers, that scent stance and focusing on concentration.

Another idea: swordsage 6/warshaper 4

Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
Re: Shifter/Warshaper
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 04:43:36 PM »
Perhaps some Totemist, as the natural weapons and other fluff would be fitting.  Then head into Weretouched Master I suppose.

Warblade 4 / Totemist 4 / Warshaper 3 / Weretouched Master 5 / (Fist of the Forest maybe?)
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 04:57:40 PM »
Cloistered Cleric 1/ Warblade 2/ Crusader 1/ Unarmed Swordsage 2/ Warshaper 3/ Weretouched Master 5/ Fist of the Forest 1/ Master of Nine 5

Needs a shifter feat, Great Fortitude, Power Attack, Dodge, Blind Fight, Improved Initiative, and Adaptive Style to qualify. Blind Fight and Improved Initiative can be picked up with Domains. Don't forget to grab Beast Strike to add claw damage to unarmed strikes.

BAB 18, IL 13 for Warblade, IL 13 for Swordsage, IL 12 for Crusader

EDIT: took Garyll's suggestion to drop a Warblade level and add Crusader. Also removed Martial Study.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 07:37:39 PM by bearsarebrown »

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 07:01:36 PM »
Warblade 6/Weretouched Master 5/Bloodclaw Master 5/xxx 4 (Full BAB, and 3/4 needs to add to IL) would net BAB 16/IL 17 for Feral Death Blow, massive claw synergy, and most importantly massive fucking claws.  Just shooting from the hip, and I KNOW this can be massively improved.  Also bear in mind the sad nerf to WTM :(  I loved the idea of getting the full Weretiger/Noble Werewolf (refluff ftw) template as a capstone.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 07:32:23 PM »
Cloistered Cleric 1/ Warblade 3/ Unarmed Swordsage 2/ Warshaper 3/ Weretouched Master 5/ Fist of the Forest 1/ Master of Nine 5

Needs a shifter feat, Great Fortitude, Power Attack, Dodge, Blind Fight, Improved Initiative, Martial Study(Devoted Spirit) and Adaptive Style to qualify. Blind Fight and Improved Initiative can be picked up with Domains. Martial Study can be grabbed with an item and later replaced with a maneuver from Mo9 to self qualify. Don't forget to grab Beast Strike to add claw damage to unarmed strikes.

BAB 18, IL 14 for Warblade, IL 13 for Swordsage(I think, I'm iffy on multiclassing Initiators).

The IL is right. You don't need a Devoted Spirit maneuver to enter Mo9. It only needs maneuvers from 6 disciplines, not all nine of them.

You might want a level (or two) of Crusader instead of Warblade 2 and 3. In addition to the extra maneuvers known and readied (helps with prerequisites, and some can be useful at higher levels), it also opens up adding your Mo9 maneuvers readied to Crusader for the actionless recovery, or even going full-blown Idiot Crusader. It does cost you an IL, so you'll only have 2 7th-level maneuvers instead of 3 (and your stances will be 5th and 6th instead of 6th and 7th).
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Aliment

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Illithid Zombies
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 10:36:57 PM »
Warblade 6/Weretouched Master 5/Bloodclaw Master 5/Warshaper 4 (Full BAB, and 3/4 needs to add to IL) would net BAB 16/IL 17 for Feral Death Blow, massive claw synergy, and most importantly massive fucking claws.  Just shooting from the hip, and I KNOW this can be massively improved.  Also bear in mind the sad nerf to WTM :(  I loved the idea of getting the full Weretiger/Noble Werewolf (refluff ftw) template as a capstone.

After looking over the class, this is easily my favorite.  You may have to take Tiger style, but your really Wolverine from X-men.  I think its 2d6 claw damage? (+1 Size from Imp Nat Attack, +1 Size from Weretouched 1, +1 Size Warshaper).  The order of classes might need to be rearranged, and a lot of DM's would say no to 3 prestige classes, but you have Pounce along with huge claws and Strength, fast healing, and reach.  Not to mention all the attacks you get from Tiger Claw.

Now I need to play this.
True Sign of Player Paranoia:
Player:"I look out of the keep"
DM:"There are no visible armies"
Player:"Aw crap theres an Invisible army!"

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 10:53:22 PM »
Warblade 6/Weretouched Master 5/Bloodclaw Master 5/Warshaper 4 (Full BAB, and 3/4 needs to add to IL) would net BAB 16/IL 17 for Feral Death Blow, massive claw synergy, and most importantly massive fucking claws.  Just shooting from the hip, and I KNOW this can be massively improved.  Also bear in mind the sad nerf to WTM :(  I loved the idea of getting the full Weretiger/Noble Werewolf (refluff ftw) template as a capstone.

After looking over the class, this is easily my favorite.  You may have to take Tiger style, but your really Wolverine from X-men.  I think its 2d6 claw damage? (+1 Size from Imp Nat Attack, +1 Size from Weretouched 1, +1 Size Warshaper).  The order of classes might need to be rearranged, and a lot of DM's would say no to 3 prestige classes, but you have Pounce along with huge claws and Strength, fast healing, and reach.  Not to mention all the attacks you get from Tiger Claw.

Now I need to play this.

Complete with IHS to ignore annoying effects, like magnetism :P
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Eviltedzies

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Live life. Otherwise you have none.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 12:02:45 AM »
Can anyone think of other ways to boost the size category of your claws?

Immediate ideas that come to mind...

Enlarge Person & Sharptooth

Edit: Got bored and did a simple build.
Race: Shifter (Razorclaw)
Class: Warblade 2/Barbarian 2/Warshaper 2/Weretouched Master 5 (Bear)/Warshaper 2/Bloodclaw Master 2/Frenzied Berserker 5

Varients Used:Lion Totem Barbarian (Pounce)

Feats
1. Power Attack, Two Weapon Fighting* (Flaw), Improved Unarmed Strike* (Flaw)
3. Extra Rage
6. Great Rend
7. Shifter Multiattack*
9. Intimidating Rage, Extra Shifter Trait: Longtooth*
12. Cleave
15. Destructive Rage
18. Instantaneous Rage

Stat Increases
+4 Str & Con (Warshaper)
+16 Str, +2 Dex, +8 Con (Alternate Form from Weretouched Master)
+4 Str & Con (Barbarian Rage)
+6 Str (Frenzy)
+2 Str (Bloodclaw Master)
------------------------------------------------
Total = +32 Str, +2 Dex, +16 Con while Shifting+Raging+Frenzied

A bit feat strapped, but throw in some Gloves of Balanced hand and your easily looking at a LOT of attacks with a more than likely 50+ strength behind it. Not to mention the fact that you have fast healing + deathless frenzy.  :lmao
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:52:34 AM by Eviltedzies »
Light in the Darkness.
Darkness in the Light.
It is truly a neverending cycle of nightmares.
Yet that is what we have been given.
Find your dreams where you may.
And live life like no other.