Author Topic: When you said he was a sharp fellow I didn't think... [3.5]  (Read 2567 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
When you said he was a sharp fellow I didn't think... [3.5]
« on: March 19, 2011, 08:00:41 PM »
Weapon Form
Transmutation [Polymorph]
Level: Clr 5, Wiz/Sor 5
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 minute/level (D)

Select one weapon when you learn this spell; clerics normally choose their deity's favoured weapon. When you cast this spell you transform into a weapon of that type, sized for a creature of your size category. You may change the weapon whenever you gain a character level. If an ally is adjacent to you when you cast this spell, he may grab and wield you as a free action. Enemies are not considered to be proficient with the weapon, regardless of shape.

In weapon form you become a Construct with no Str, Dex or Con scores, no movement modes, and hardness 10 (unless you already had greater hardness). Do not adjust your hp for your loss of a Con score. Determine your new size based on your size as a weapon, and apply size bonuses to AC as appropriate.
Weapon type
Size
Two-handedUnchanged
One-handedOne smaller
LightTwo smaller
You can see and hear as well as you could normally, and speak as if via a magic mouth spell, but apart from this can take no actions other than dismissing the spell.

Your weapon form has an enhancement bonus equal to your character level, which cannot be exchanged for enchantments. However, you gain enchantments with a total value of +1 per four character levels (or fixed-price enchantments of equivalent value); you may change the enchantments whenever you gain a character level. If your chosen weapon is a double weapon, both sides gain identical bonuses but the enhancement bonus is reduced by 1. If your natural weapons (or all your attacks) count as having an alignment or being made of a special material for the purposes of overcoming DR, your weapon form also counts as having an alignment or being made of that material.

Whenever your weapon form strikes a target, it is affected by a targeted greater dispel magic effect (caster level equals your normal caster level, or the caster level of this spell if cast from an item) before damage is calculated. In addition, the wielder may use this power to counterspell.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:57:18 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Re: When you said he was a sharp fellow I didn't think... [3.5]
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 08:37:11 PM »
Hmm...I like the concept, but it seems like there's no real reason for someone to cast this unless they need the dispels badly. Greater Magic Weapon is two levels lower and doesn't deny you the use of a caster.

That is the targeted form, right?

Edit: Wait wait wait, I misread the enhancement bonus. That does make it a lot better.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 08:40:59 PM »
Wait, you gain an enanchment bonus equal to your character leve, and then even more for each 4 character levels you have? Isn't that a little overkill?

Also altough it's a pretty cool spell, and altough I imagine you wanted the fighter to pick up the wizard turned into a super weapon, what I see happening is the wizard first summoning/calling some monster and then telling it to wield him.

Still pretty fluffy. There's several medias where characters turn into weapons to be wielded by others and that hadn't been yet covered. Excellent job here!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 08:53:01 PM »
Wait, you gain an enanchment bonus equal to your character leve, and then even more for each 4 character levels you have? Isn't that a little overkill?
Removing the party's arcane caster from a fight seems it could turn out more like underkill to me. :p
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

SneeR

• Bi-Curious George
  • Sneering
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 03:36:56 AM »
Do you revert to to normal if sundered?
The answer to everything:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
SneeR
[spoiler]
I don't know if the designers meant you to take Skill Focus for every feat.
Sounds a little OP.

The monk is clearly the best class, no need to optimize here. What you are doing is overkill.

It's like people who have no idea what a turn signal is. They ruin it for everyone else.
When another driver brandishes a holy symbol and begins glowing with divine light, seek cover or get spattered with zombie brains. I do not see what is so complicated about this.
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 09:20:56 AM »
Removing the party's arcane caster from a fight seems it could turn out more like underkill to me. :p
Yeah, even that +20 is a risky exchange for losing your party caster. I'd totally take this on a cohort. On an actual PC... I don't know.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation