Author Topic: Warforged Master of Many Forms  (Read 8754 times)

Scrollreader

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Warforged Master of Many Forms
« on: March 16, 2011, 11:51:15 PM »

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Warforged Master of Many Forms
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 12:15:13 AM »
You could always be a dragonborn warforged, so you don't have to waste a feat on being armorless (then hit that [embedded] monk's belt). +4 Con and a breath weapon are nice things to have for a druid.

And since all you really need as a druid is Natural Spell, start stocking up on breath weapon feats, and see if you can nab some breath weapon abilities using MoMF.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 12:39:54 AM »
evil? souleater?
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 01:17:07 AM »
There is always Mystic Wildshape Ranger with Sword of the Arcane Order for a few low level wizard spells. :D
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 01:19:37 AM »
Allowing you to keep your warforged feats should be interesting, as IIRC you could get yourself immunity to non-lethal damage, +AC, a bite attack(scales with size), a slam(scales with size), and spikes that act similar to armor spikes dealing damage in a grapple. I realise this is by no means the most abusive thing a druid could do, but at the very least the idea of a giant metal animal covered in spikes charging at the enemy is fun to picture.
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 03:39:06 AM »
If you want to be really optimized you might try to pull off the Shapeshifter prc from Oriental Adventures(with 3.5 update) or divine minion. Both are hard to pull off with a warforged though. Those options have the advantage of letting you invest more levels in nice classes, like warblade. If those options do not work wild shape ranger is probably best. You can pick up some nice ACFs that work well with a limited spell casting ability.

Umbral

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 07:43:44 PM »
Shapeshifer PrC requires 10 ranks of Concentration as I recall, so Wildshape Ranger or Druid both gets you into MoMF faster. Divine Minion does not let you enter MoMF at all, as MoMF specifically requires Wildshape as a class ability. Template won't cut it.

Scrollreader

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 10:40:42 PM »
There's no need to take the Unarmored Body feat, as a druid.  The monk's belt and the druid abilities will all work with the +2 ac from default composite plating just fine.  The real issue, I suppose, is if people think the warforged juggernaught adds anything I can't get via feats @ fifteen+.  I presume I should run for MoMF 7 asap.  Or should I just finish with warshaper/nature's warrior, and pick up the odd immunity here or there via feats?

Echoes

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 12:33:17 AM »
There's no need to take the Unarmored Body feat, as a druid.  The monk's belt and the druid abilities will all work with the +2 ac from default composite plating just fine.  The real issue, I suppose, is if people think the warforged juggernaught adds anything I can't get via feats @ fifteen+.  I presume I should run for MoMF 7 asap.  Or should I just finish with warshaper/nature's warrior, and pick up the odd immunity here or there via feats?

Warforged Druids automatically violate their druid oaths unless they have either the Unarmored or Ironwood Body feats. It's staggeringly stupid, and if your DM is waiving that then all the better, but thems the RAW.
BrokeAndDrive speaks the Truth (linked for great justice and signature limits)

Quotes I Found Entertaining:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

As a general rule, murdering people and taking their stuff is pretty much superior to breaking their stuff, murdering them, then not having any stuff to take.

Out of Context Theater
[spoiler]
Oh I'll make a party. I'll make a party so hard... I'll make a party that makes you feel so awkward downstairs.

You'll see the party and only be able to respond, "Oh yeah baby."
[/spoiler]

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 12:39:04 AM »

Warforged Druids automatically violate their druid oaths unless they have either the Unarmored or Ironwood Body feats. It's staggeringly stupid, and if your DM is waiving that then all the better, but thems the RAW.
Also, dragonborn. And druids of Mielikki.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 12:39:27 AM »
Shapeshifer PrC requires 10 ranks of Concentration as I recall, so Wildshape Ranger or Druid both gets you into MoMF faster. Divine Minion does not let you enter MoMF at all, as MoMF specifically requires Wildshape as a class ability. Template won't cut it.

Indeed you do get into it later so it is not nearly as good in low level games. But it only takes 1 level of shapeshifter and matches your HD, so it ends up being better in the long run as you can gain 4 levels of good melee classes like warblade, but it is race dependent. Works well with Hengeyokai but little else.

The Divine minion's shapeshifting ability states that it works as a druids wild shape ability, which I interpret as qualifying the class ability requirement, but it is debatable and that debate is beyond the scope of this thread. It also requires significant nerfing to actually be playable, as otherwise you can heal to full every round and take huge hd forms far earlier than is balanced. But it is the most optimal way to make a shapeshifting warrior.

But both of those options do not really work with warforged without an insane amount of work. They are just my favorite ways of building wildshaping non casters. I would recommend just going with wild shape ranger with some good ACFs.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 12:58:39 AM »

Am I doing it rite?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Echoes

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 01:57:34 AM »

Also, dragonborn. And druids of Mielikki.

True. I assumed he wasn't using FR deities, because most DMs I've seen scream heresy at cross-setting builds (even though the Forgotten Realms explicitly exists within eberron). The Dragonborn thing ... yeah, I just forgot. Mecha-codzilla is awesome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

As a general rule, murdering people and taking their stuff is pretty much superior to breaking their stuff, murdering them, then not having any stuff to take.

Out of Context Theater
[spoiler]
Oh I'll make a party. I'll make a party so hard... I'll make a party that makes you feel so awkward downstairs.

[/spoiler]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 06:25:16 PM »

Not true.  Only if they have the Mithril Body/Admantine Body feats.  Composite Plating is not armor, so Warforged Druids are fine.  One of the Eberron books states this.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Echoes

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 09:39:05 PM »

Not true.  Only if they have the Mithril Body/Admantine Body feats.  Composite Plating is not armor, so Warforged Druids are fine.  One of the Eberron books states this.

Huh. I stand corrected.

Out of Context Theater
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 06:38:24 AM »
A warforged juggernaut wildshaped into something with regeneration is effectively immune to damage (barring whatever the regeneration is weak against). It's fun the first time you pull the trick, and then the DM will start to get creative.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 07:54:45 PM »
A warforged juggernaut wildshaped into something with regeneration is effectively immune to damage (barring whatever the regeneration is weak against). It's fun the first time you pull the trick, and then the DM will start to get creative.

It's worth it though as a last ditch effort. Don't use a regeneration form until you are in dire need, and your reward is a massive  :twitch from the entire group.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 08:00:50 PM »
Wow...so they DID make a Transformers feat :D  Dragonborn Warforged with Wildforged...

"DIIIIE AUTOBOT SCUM!"

-fires Fusion Cannon-

In all seriousness, especially if you want said Fusion Cannon, Sword of the Arcane Order is an absolute prime pick.  Not to mention all the nice buffs it'll net, and further, snag the feat Ability Enhancer.  Animalistic Power will grant a +4 to all three physical stats from a level 2 slot with it :)
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!