Author Topic: The Dragon Knight (Base Class)  (Read 1634 times)

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
The Dragon Knight (Base Class)
« on: March 16, 2011, 12:19:58 PM »
Dragon Knight

"This is what I love about 3.5. I can just make up classes like this and they're allowed to be awesome." - Braden, Human Game Designer.

HD: d12
Alignment: Any

Base Attack: Full
Saves: Good Fort, Poor Ref, Poor Will

1.  Breath Weapon 1d6, Dragontouched, Dragon's Challenge
2.  Bulwark of Defense, Scales (AC +1, DR 2/--, ER 5)
3.  Breath Weapon 2d6, Dragonkin
4.  Scales (AC +2, DR 5/--, ER 5 and 5)
5.  Breath Weapon 3d6, Impetuous Guardian
6.  Scales (AC +3, DR 8/--, ER 10 and 5)
7.  Breath Weapon 4d6, Shield Ally
8.  Scales (AC +4, DR 12/--, ER 10 and 5 and 5)
9.  Breath Weapon 5d6, Daunting Challenge
10. Scales (AC +5, DR 16/--, ER 20 and 10 and 10)
11. Breath Weapon 6d6, Bond of Loyalty
12. Scales (AC +6, DR 20/--, ER 20 and 20 and 10)
13. Breath Weapon 7d6, Improved Shield Ally
14. Scales (AC +7, DR 25/--, ER 30 and 20 and 20)
15. Breath Weapon 8d6, Indestructible Guardian
16. Scales (AC +8, DR 30/--, Immunity I, ER 30 and 20)
17. Breath Weapon 9d6, Frightful Presence
18. Scales (AC +9, DR 35/--, Immunity I and II ER 30)
19. Breath Weapon 10d6, Loyal Beyond Death
20. Scales (AC +10, DR 40/--, Immunity I, II, and III), Irresistible Challenge

Class Skills (4+Int): Appraise, Autohypnosis, Balance, Climb, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (arcane), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (religion), Listen, Ride, Search, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, and Swim.

Proficiencies: All simple and martial weapons; light, medium, and heavy armor; and all shields (including Tower).

Breath Weapon (Ex): Similar to Dragonfire Adept, except that the damage isn't automatically fire, but rather based on a totem Dragon. Reflex save DC 10+1/2 Dragon Knight levels+Con modifier.

Dragontouched: Bonus feat.

Dragon's Challenge (Ex): When a Dragon Knight deals damage to a creature that creature must succeed on a Will save (DC 10+1/2 Dragon Knight levels+Cha modifier) or be forced to attack the Dragon Knight for 1 round. This effect allows the creature to cast spells or use special or supernatural abilities, but only if they can be cast or used on the Dragon Knight to produce a harmful effect. Affected creatures will move to attack the Dragon Knight if they must, and will do so without regard to their own safety.

Bulwark of Defense (Ex): As Knight.

Scales (Ex): A 2nd level Dragon Knight begins developing sturdy dragonscales over its body, gaining exceptional protection from harm and resulting in a +1 Natural Armor bonus, Damage Reduction 2/--, and Energy Resistance 5 to an element based on their totem dragon. These bonuses increase as the Dragon Knight gains levels.

Dragonkin (Ex): As Dragonfire Adept, but also, allies within the Dragon Knight's Breath Weapon are immune to its harmful effects.

Impetuous Guardian (Ex): A 5th level Dragon Knight is immune to Paralysis, Sleep, and Stunning; furthermore, he adds his Constitution modifier to saving throws and does not automatically fail saves on a roll of 1.

Shield Ally (Ex): A 7th level Dragon Knight is able to grant total cover and block line of sight to one ally within his reach by spending an immediate action in response to that ally being targeted by an attack. The Dragon Knight is instead subject to the attack and automatically fails any associated Reflex saves.

Daunting Challenge (Ex): Starting at 9th level, when an enemy fails its Will save against the Dragon Knight's Dragon's Challenge that enemy is Shaken for 1 minute. This effect may stack to increase the enemy's fear condition beyond Shaken.

Bond of Loyalty (Ex): ...

Improved Shield Ally (Ex): Starting at 13th level, a Dragon Knight grants total cover and blocks line of sight to all allies within his reach and doesn't need an immediate action to do so; furthermore, to all allies within the area of his Breath Weapon for 1 round. The Dragon Knight is not subject to attacks that these allies would be protected against.

However, if the Dragon Knight spends an immediate action he may move up to his speed as long as he ends his movement with at least one ally within his reach and only in response to that ally being the target of an attack. The Dragon Knight is instead subject to the attack and automatically fails any associated Reflex saves.

Indestructible Guardian (Ex): A 15th level Dragon Knight is immune to ability damage and drain, to critical hits and Death effects, and to the Dazed, Exhausted, Fatigued, and Immobilized conditions.

Frightful Presence (Ex): ...

Loyal Beyond Death (Ex): ...

Irresistible Challenge (Ex): Starting at 20th level, enemies get no saving throw against a Dragon Knight's Dragon's Challenge or Daunting Challenge class features.

To be continued...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 12:50:10 PM by bkdubs123 »

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Re: The Dragon Knight (Base Class)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 12:54:21 PM »
I approve of this class and the concept of dragon knights and anyone associated with them being awesome.

Wants Crusader Delayed Damage pool to milk to DR along with Furious Counterstrike (make the damage bonus apply to each dice of breath weapon).
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: The Dragon Knight (Base Class)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 03:03:47 AM »
Wants Crusader Delayed Damage pool to milk to DR along with Furious Counterstrike (make the damage bonus apply to each dice of breath weapon).

This is tempting, but the table is already pretty swollen. Let me see if there's any shuffling around I could do...

EDIT: I could probably give it Delayed Damage 10 at 4th and every four levels after, and a Dragonstrike feature granting bonuses based on every 10 points in his pool. I wonder if that would make the Dragon Knight too tough or not.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 03:35:17 AM by bkdubs123 »