Author Topic: Easy way to get four arms  (Read 2016 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Easy way to get four arms
« on: March 12, 2011, 01:41:23 PM »
Dragon Tail + Aberration Blood (tail) + Prehensile Tail

Discuss. And let me know if there are any creatures with multiple tails.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 01:43:40 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
Re: Easy way to get four arms
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 05:10:01 PM »
There is a reason this included in my BC. The aberration blood doesn't give a tail attack. Many creatures have tails that don't work with the feat because they aren't strong enough to attack with, ie housecat. That tripped me up at first too though so don't feel bad.

There are other methods like the obleah template, girillion arms from incarnum, arms of plenty, etc. (spelling?)
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 05:12:07 PM »
Well, to be entirely fair, it doesn't specify that the tail you use as a hand has to be the tail you used as the prerequisite. Presumably the writers didn't think you could/would have more than one tail.

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 06:32:39 PM »
Girallon's Blessing?

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 05:43:19 AM »
Class and race non-specific way is the Arms of the Naga vest from Savage Species.  Expensive at 56,000gp, but great at high levels for fighters using multi-handed weapons.  Remeber the same book allows you to weild a typical two-handed weapon with up to 8 arms adding in half your strength again for each arm (Go go power attack).  I also like to play around with the magic item merging rules and mix in the Defenders of the Faith Arms of Nyr for a +2 unlisted bonus to Str and Dex.

I must admit I shamelessly played an Anthropomorphic baleen whale monk souleater in an interesting low magic campaign with prehensile tail and Multi-weapon fighting.  We were using the interrupation that the class ability did not specifically work like the monster ability of Energy Drain so i could use it multiple times a round.  Ah good old FAQ stacking of flurry of blows and multi-weapon fighting led to alot of "Bad touch" 's.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 11:07:36 PM »
What about being a thri-kreen?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"