Author Topic: Embrace/Shun The Dark Chaos (from Fiendish Codex I)  (Read 8007 times)

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Embrace/Shun The Dark Chaos (from Fiendish Codex I)
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 04:09:56 PM »
Some people like RAW.

I don't know why.

But they do.

Sometimes for a difficult character concept I need to use things like DCFS or PsyReformation to make them viable.  In games where people like RAW.  That's pretty much the only use I have for them.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2011, 09:59:36 PM »
I allow psy ref, but only allow DCFS if its for bonus feats or something that can't be psy ref'd. And obviously the person can't make their cohort do it.

Obviously racial and class's proficiencies don't count as feat for the above
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 08:48:13 PM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 06:12:28 AM »
I actually don't have too much of a problem with the spells themselves, just how people might optimize to really break them (I know, these are pre-broken).  If you are playing a cleric and you want to swap out your armor feats, no problem.  Good for you for knowing your spells, but ...

If you have a character jumping through multiple classes for the express purpose of getting armor feats to swap, IE throwing 1 level of fighter on your epic wizard at level 21, then I am annoyed. 

What I like to see is:

1) Actually keeping some of the Abyssal feats
2) Taking feats of similar power, ie eschew materials, spell thematics, exotic weapon profiency, and stuff not generally used.
3) Forever lossing access to said armor feats or whatever, so if you swap it out you cannot regain it through another class.
4) No epic feats unless you convince me it falls into group 2 (maybe the DR bypass, or fast heal which is not all that by the time you qualify).
5) Only permament feats swapped and no multiclassing for feat swapping gains.

So overall you make a more interesting character and don't go with a power grab.  I get the same feeling from fast spell progression PrC's.  Neat classes, but I don't want to see more than one in a build that are both dual-progressed with yet a third PrC (I am looking at you too Master Spellthief Feat).

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 05:28:54 PM »
Well ... Wizard 10 / MotAO 11 with the Chaos level 10 acf thingy, and almost all Abyssal feats

equals 9 Epic Spells. Can I role-play Chaos please ?!