Author Topic: I HAVE FURY!!! Lets Play Super Robot Wars Judgement!  (Read 124804 times)

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: I HAVE FURY!!! Lets Play Super Robot Wars Judgement!
« Reply #300 on: September 03, 2011, 06:31:12 AM »
We use the rapebot ZEORYMER OF THE HEAVENS! I cannot stress this one enough. Also the two Mazin Brothers, Blade, Blue Earth, and Dancouga. Maybe we could try giving Voltes a try too? Other than that, I'm fine with filling up the rest of the ranks with whatever, maybe the Layzner squadron.

As for upgrades, we start working on maxing out Kaiser, Great and Zeorymer's HP, Armour and EN. These babies are going be worth their weight in gold. Give Voltes a few upgrades to the same stats, even if it doesn't end up in our endgame roster, it'll be force deployed some when it's plot really starts, so it's no waste. Give Dancouga some to the same stats, too. I'd suggest we upgrade God Gundam's stats, but it looks like it's a force deploy... Unfortunate, but we'll just have to be careful with it.

Oh, before I forget, chuck a booster part on the Kaiser, it's a little slow since it's groundpounding until it gets the Kaiser Scrander, and we'll want it to keep up with Great for those friendship bonuses and combination attacks.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #301 on: September 03, 2011, 07:00:21 AM »

I think he just threatened to attack the base with our heroes there.

And since its the UEFA they'd be completely fucked.

Protip to super robot pilots: Do not leave the cruise control set to Kill.

How many can we launch again?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #302 on: September 03, 2011, 09:31:35 AM »
Miku's eyes scare me.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #303 on: September 03, 2011, 10:48:30 AM »
Miku's eyes scare me.

And Sara's don't?

How many can we launch again?

9. The 2 ships, Shining Gundam, Bellzelute and 4 Brain Powerds are already out there.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #304 on: September 03, 2011, 11:16:15 AM »
Oh.  Hell.  Yes. :D

The return of the super robots brings me immense joy.  Same with the Nadesico.  And the new units seem pretty solid. :love

The Mazin brothers seem like a shoo in, and I guess that Zeorymer might be okay.  You know, if you think it can keep up.  For four of the other positions, I suggest Boss Borot and the Mint Squadron.  Boss, I'll grant, is mostly because I find him hilarious, and because I tend to put up a fairly large number of support units when I strategize; I like having a bit of a buffer.  If that doesn't appeal to you, then maybe replace him with Akito, to buff Ryoko and the Nadesico in the Group Hug.  For the last two positions, while Blade and Blue Earth would be pretty good, I'd kinda like to see some of the bots we haven't used in a while.  Maybe Dancougar and Voltes V.

For upgrades, stealthyboy's suggestions are fine, and I'd like to add that upgrading the Nadesico's EN a bit, so we can spam the gravity cannon, seems pretty good.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:21:50 AM by Sucrose »

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #305 on: September 03, 2011, 01:12:57 PM »
I guess that Zeorymer might be okay.  You know, if you think it can keep up.

Oh, it'll keep up alright... :evillaugh :evillaugh

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #306 on: September 03, 2011, 04:28:57 PM »
Mazin Brothers, Zeorymer, Boss and the GSD trio then?
Sorta want to see hows the changes working out for Cagalli at least.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Decessor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #307 on: September 05, 2011, 09:33:03 AM »
The new ones. Mazinkaiser, Mazinkaiser, Great Mazinger, Zeorymer, Boss Borot for hilarity, Voltes to try it out. Also Mazinkaiser.

Out of the previous lineup, Blade, Cagalli, Blue Earth, Dancougar, Combattler.

I very much approve of speed boosts/parts to the big new shiny bots, especially Mazinkaiser. Weapons upgrades for the new folks (with Boss Borot as a low priority).

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #308 on: September 15, 2011, 12:26:04 PM »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #309 on: September 30, 2011, 10:21:28 PM »
Part 16.3: Progress? Whats that?

Again, massive apologies on the delay.

[spoiler]

I spread around upgrades as ordered, focusing on HP, Energy, Armor and Weapons for the super robots. Most of them are untouched until now, except Mazinkaiser who's inherited all of Mazingers upgrades.

They also need parts, so I steal liberally from Kira for equipment. Also I use what else is in the repetiore on the other new Supers.

Also important to spend all those Pilot Points they've gotten from showing up above level 1.

"You big meanie! How dare you call for backup just because I brought 50 guys!"

Meanwhile, we find yet another mysterious council of mysteriousness, this time holding their council meeting in the woods:

"Thats not true! Thats impossible!"

Steve had not read the Mysterious Council of Mysteriousness's How-To Guide.

Anyone now have the mental image of a Volkswagen truck speeding to save our heroes?

Despite Domon and the Brain Powerd pilots being mentioned specifically, this level has no requirement to keep anyone but the ships alive.

First order of business is to get Domon and Kira to dry land: Domon because his rank in air sucks and he needs to be on the ground, and kira because without all those parts, he's kinda not able to travel with the others thanks to the water.

We send everyone else south, including Boss. The Boss Borot is weak and without the Flight Unit I gave it it'd be almost unable to move or attack here, but once its airborne the sheer utility of having 3 pilots makes it useful for support duties.

Meanwhile we get back to the original group and continue their fight against the remaining Reclaimers.

Nangas girlfriend is useful for counterattacks, because you can't use teamup attacks like Chakra Extension on the enemy turn.

Calvinas firepower is a bit good for this stage of the game, even her standard missile launcher is sufficient once her will is up.

Turn 2, and we get Domon on the dirt where he belongs.

And Zeorymer, now that I think about it. It raises the issue of how he'll get across the river, but thats less of an issue for him: At 130 will, Zeorymer, and the Brains, can teleport, ignoring terrain and any enemies in the way. Which is very handy.

Blue Earth's cannons are rarely that good, but they're usually enough to finish off weakened enemies....unless they have barriers. We instead have to have our strongest unit finish this one off.

We then move in Mazinkaiser, which is able to attack at unusually long range. This appears to be due to a bug that it 'suffers' from: Because Mazinger Z can equip 2 part but Kaiser only one, it was forced to drop the HE Radar it had in the second slot, allowing us to give it to Boss. However, it still gets the benefit of it.
In any case, the effect is that both of our Mazingers can show off their rocket punches this turn.

The Brains and Calvina continue their own rampage. Soon, we're out of standard Reclaimers. On to the two bosses.

They have annoyingly high accuracy and evasion, but nothing a few spirits cant handle.

But now its the enemy turn again and Shiela goes for someone who isn't prepared for her. Johnathan, on the other hand, is still roleplaying.

Back to our turn and our first move is fairly simple to make.

Hime, being quite awesome, is able to take off 2/3 of Jonathans health in one go. However, the others take quite a bit of time to deal the finishing blow.

I'm not sure if this actually comes up again. I'm going to assume he gets, like, a tiny scar on his pinkie and then rages about it through the series (but not in this game thankfully). At least Yzak has an excuse, he's actually been disfigured by Kira.

And then something explodes on the Archangel.

And another explosion.

Once again, the terrible graphics of the game fail to portray this properly, but Master Asia, a man wearing a purple shirt and black pants and little else, is on top of a flying ship and kicking off the gun turrets one by one.

Master Asia can balance on a 6 foot length of ribbon with no problem. Little things like being upside down don't phase him.

One of the few times Yurika should react like she always does.

You know, given this is a universe where G Gundam is canon, it shouldn't be that wierd to find out that theres, like, one or two guys in every country who are badass enough to take on mechs barehanded.

Ok, in case you missed it again: Asia just did a flying kick from the Archangel to the Nadesico, across a major japanese river, and it actually affected the ship, Distortion Field and all. Thankfully theres no plot damage this time, but still, something broke.

If this were Star Trek someones console would have dramatically exploded by now.

Domon makes the grab, but Asia jumps away.

And predictably, a bunch of units spawn in, including some new faces.

We're understandably a little lost here, as the game has barely hinted at who these guys are, and indeed, they haven't had a place in the narrative until now. Much like how the Shining Gundam doesn't make much sense when all Gundams are products of Morgenroete and the Federation, these Gundam Fighters, champions of their nations who were Domons friendly rivals, don't have much place in this universe of Federations and Coordinators. But despite this they're still some of the best characters in the game, so I forgive them.

Oh, and quick rundown for people who don't know the series: Chibodee is Rocky with YuGiOh hair, George is a frenchman with ideas of chivalry and being fabulous, Sai Saici is a shaolin monk with attitude, and Argo is a Russian Space Pirate who's built like a brick shithouse.

George shoots at his butler, who's piloting what is essentially an oversized fencing dummy.

About the only thing Raymonds mech is good at is running, and he legs it across the river to safety.

Stop asking such silly questions Calvina! As long as we have Heart, things will always work out!

It becomes harder and harder to justify the Nadesico crews behaviour as anything but that of an RPG party.

Its kinda worrying that Yuu's baby robot is a better hero than he is.

In order to get our units across the river quickly, I load the ones who haven't moved yet this turn onto the Nadesico, which will leave them off next turn. Zeorymer will get left behind, but as I said, it can move well enough as is, and Miku has Accel and not much else to use her Spirit Points on.

Calvina charges in shooting, because why not, its worked before.

We haven't had the Nadesico be awesome for a while. So here it is again.

Several of the zombies go for Calvina, with predictable results.

The survivors have then lined up for a map attack, which I let Calvina have because its a function we don't use often enough IMO.

In other news, Boss makes his debut in the Boss Borot.

Its handy that someone like Blade has the Wall spirit so he can no-sell attacks like that infamous nuke he tanked in his own series. But this serves as a demonstration that he isn't unhittable yet. Which, again, could be a good or bad thing, depending.
[/spoiler]
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #310 on: October 01, 2011, 04:13:40 AM »
Once again, the terrible graphics of the game fail to portray this properly, but Master Asia, a man wearing a purple shirt and black pants and little else, is on top of a flying ship and kicking off the gun turrets one by one.
That is awesome.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #311 on: October 01, 2011, 03:18:33 PM »
Part 16.3: Progress? Whats that?

Again, massive apologies on the delay.

Well, you should be.  How dare you take so long to deliver our free entertainment?! :shakefist

Is cool.  Zeorymer has yet to show its true power, beyond the standard Super Robot invincibility.  Boss Borot, however, is everything I dreamed and more.  Even his basic attack is glorious.  :D  The cape is a nice touch.  Also very excited to see the rest of the G Gundam crew; should be very neat.

As always, great to hear you point out the sillier parts of the game, as well as, as veekie mentioned, the just plain awesome.

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #312 on: October 02, 2011, 07:56:31 PM »
Part 16.4: The secret to meeting their quota of endless characters is to have most of them show up once.

[spoiler]
We continue with Dancouga taking a shot at the first of these Gundam Fighters. My propensity for spamming spirit commands means it has no problems, yet.

Cagalli could try taking on some of the Death Army grunts, but Group Hug mandates means she has to stick next to Kira and the Archangel.

The Death Army round on Dancouga as the closest super robot, but the damage isn't severe, and the will gains activate its Ferocity (or 'Aggressive Beast') power, giving it a damage boost like Mazinpower.

One goes for Kira, who kills it with a boomerang, and the gain activates his SEED Mode.

And finally a few go for Nanga.

The Gundam Fighters mostly focus on Dancougar, except for George who attacks Domon at range.

Getting beaten to a pulp isn't that big a deal for the Cyber Beast Force. They can just walk it off.

We continue beating on Death Army. We quickly run out.

Will Gains activate Domons' Super Mode, which ups most of his stats and hopefully will make it much easier to keep him alive.

Now we turn to the Gundam Fighters, who aren't as easy to hit as the grunts. Nadesico in particular is having issues because Ruri doesn't learn Strike for a while yet.
Also, I just love Chibodees rocket surfboard.

The Archangel flies in to weaken Chibodee some more, and gets a level up for the trouble. Now Murrues command aura is extended, meaning even more of our units benefit. With the american primed, Cagalli gets one of her few kills of the game.

Then we focus on Argo in his big bulky Bolt Gundam. Its made of armor and HP, yet still have enough mobility to occasionally dodge less accurate attacks like the O Rifle A and larger units like Dancougar.

Argo isn't as interested in Dancougar this time, and goes for the Archangel, triggering one of Boss' usual pratfalls.

Sai Saici hits Dancougar again, while George tries something different.

Boss continues to be useful by providing extra spirit commands to make the Gundams easier to hit. Several of them have the Prevail skill, meaning at low health they can be a bitch to actually finish off. Masato still has to use Strike, but its effectively used. It helps us get rid of Argo though.

George is much easier now that he have our own long-range guys shooting him. Also, we now have someone with Valor, one of the most important spirit commands in the game.

Again, Boss is useful, because it can repair and resupply. Its in stark contrast to its performance in its own TV series where its net achievements are one robot monster killed by luck, and 30 episodes of being ablative armor for the Mazinger team.

D-Boy and Sai Saici compare swords.

Not only is Sai Saici probably the most evasive of the Gundam Fighters, he also has an After-Image ability, meaning hitting him without Strike is a tossup.

Tetsuya thankfully has Strike, though he doesn't have the oodles of Spirit Points I've come to associate with him in other SRWs.

I let the much-abused Cyber Beast Force finish him off.

And suddenly, they regenerate a safe distance away.

AND THEN SUDDENLY

The infamous Shuffle Alliance have arrived! They're not well explained, much like the rest of the G Gundam plot, so I'll summarise: They're a centuries-old group, a succession of 5 powerful warriors dedicated to preventing wars. Master Asia used to be their leader, but passed his title, King of Hearts, on to Domon before dissappearing, and then turned evil.

They begin an epic duel of icons bumping into one another.

There are various effects playing as this happens, but they're not really long enough to take snapshots. And we have enough pictures as is.

Uh.....I think you'll find its the fault of the people who actually did it. You can argue it was your job to stop it, I guess, but that would requires predicting the stupidity of the UEFA, and I don't think any amount of training can help you with that.

I feel I should point out that Master Asia is at the bottom of a mountain several miles away, and is not only able to see whats going on, and predict their next move, but can have a conversation with Black Joker even though shes inside her armored robot.

Theres a big flash, and the Shuffle Alliance and the 4 corrupted Fighters dissappear. The two ship captain barely have enough time to WTF when more bad guys spawn in.

The PCs are characteristically nonplussed about the enemies threats.

Oh look. Another new character. And this one is blowing up mountains. Sure, why not?

The blast exposes something:

A ninja with a german flag mask, who keeps giving the PCs help but only actually shows up when the entrance is most dramatic. Sure, why not.

And with that, he just leaves. At least he didn't kill himself 5 minutes after his first appearance.

When in doubt....

The objective in this case is to beat one of the two, which again isn't entirely clear, but we'll see the complications with it later.

Nothing to do but get stuck in I guess.

I should point out, Mazinkaiser isn't taking 10 damage because I'm using Wall like I normally would. Its taking 10 damage because its armor is upgraded 5  bars and it has Mazinpower active, and these guys weapons just can't cope with that. This is why we call it an Invincible Fortress of Black Steel, because its almost trivial to get Kaiser to the point where only bosses threaten it.
God forbid you have it as a favorite series and it has a potential of 15 armor upgrades.[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #313 on: October 03, 2011, 12:37:00 AM »
Part 16.5: We have all these new guys but we still need Akito and Kira to protect the battleships. Its something only they can do.

[spoiler]

While some of the enemies try to get Mazinkaiser to kill them, a few settle for the Archangel.

A few go for Kira, including the big guy, while Asia and Domon square off.

That move again in snapshots, just to prove that it makes no sense.

Oddly enough, Asias Master Gundam doesn't have any special abilities, no after image or regeneration. It merely has high stats.

Cagallis only other moment of glory in this mission. After this its just repairs.

Grunts dealt with, I send a bunch of guys to get fingered by Asia.

In hindsight, this would have been a good time to try out the new Valor command, but I forgot it.

Taking a look, we see that this time, both Asia and the Devil Gundam are set to retreat at 10% HP. And with my foreknowledge from previous playthroughs, I know that if one retreats, the other follows, denying us vital loot. Hmm, I wonder if theres a way around this...

We've been gushing about Mazinkaiser so much, that its brother Great Mazinger hasn't been getting any fame. Thats likely because Mazinkaiser is just better than Great in every way, except that Great can shoot lightning.

Nope. Still doesn't make sense.

After last times debacle, I take a bit more care when fighting the Devil Gundam. Meanwhile, the Mazinger Brothers unleash their ultimate teamup move on Master Asia.

Thats as much as we dare damage Master Asia without him retreating. Ok, moving on to the Devil Gundam, er, any minute now...

Conventional means will have to suffice.

He regenerates on his turn and gives it one last try, but then we knock him back down again.

We back everyone but Zeorymer away and yet the repairers get some final XP, and then....We Unleash Hell.

(Of course, like a retard, I spent all this effort to set up this attack and then forgot to use Cheer and Bless on Zeorymer. Oh well, live and learn.)

While Master Asia flies off, the Devil Gundam suddenly barrels through our lines and heads for the urban area at the bottom of the map.

Suddenly Yuu blasts off after the thing.

The Devil Gundam goes flying back.

And then it dissappears.

Eh, he's probably no-one important....

See? That pink and yellow junkpile is probably the star of the team right now!

"I know the words for non-military things! Really!"

"D-Boy! Transform immediately! I need you to carry my shopping!"

Thats not exactly saying much when you live on the freakin' Nadesico.

Silly boy, we have wierd girls doing everything around here.

How do you know that when they never got out of their robots?

.....Yeah. Selfish.

At least its not SRW W, where theres about 5 people called Gai or Guy.

"Now add chilli sauce to it." *CLICK* "Or its two in the head."

"Because Nangas black and you're Noal."

Rude to everyone who so much as smiles at him, but not a bad person.

She only just realises this now after hours of disaster relief? Damn, Badgerroll, you can't even get your bitch directives in line anymore.

Ho ho ho, Badgirl, does your good fortune ever begin?

Bullshit, it has EN Regen, it only needs 10 minutes to fully recharge.

Which you forgot to do because you were trying to remember what the word 'Avenue' meant.

I don't think theres a single protagonist in this game who that doesn't describe...

Anyway, Badgirl needs to regain her bitch standing, so she tries again on another topic.

Infallible logic away!

Man, this guy can talk....

Oh, did I forget to mention? Now these 4, plus Domon, are the new Shuffle Alliance. Because destiny, apparently. Hope you guys have life insurance, because judging from our experience you might have gotten into the wrong line of work.

Heres our Puzzle Robo for the level. We have two units against 3 enemies, and we have to stop them from getting onto Mazingers base in Photonic Labs. How do we pull it off gentlemen?

And finally, we have to decide if we're happy with that roster we were using? Are there any Real Robots we want to see instead? Dump the Brain Powerds? Try out different Aestivalis frames? We have umpteen candidates contesting at most 14 slots, so who is getting the priority?

Also, the usual stuff about upgrades and parts. Answers on a postcard please.

[/spoiler]

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #314 on: October 03, 2011, 04:19:53 PM »
...Well, that Hades Attack shut me up. :love

Re: Puzzle Robo
[spoiler]Akatsuki uses Accel and Snipe, Hyoma uses Assault, Juzo uses Accel, and Kosuke uses, oh, let's say Scan.  Combattler V moves to the upper left target area square, and uses its strongest attack against Braver.  If Kosuke can use his spirit commands after his mech has moved (which I imagine is probably the case), then have him use Vigor to heal the inevitable damage.  Akatsuki moves to the middle left target area square, and uses his strongest attack against the same mech, if it's still up, hopefully with a Support Attack from Combattler.

If that much damage isn't necessary, and Akatsuki can Support Attack, then perhaps move him up first, and entrench him, then move Combattler V in, perform the strongest attack with support, and heal any damage taken.

In either case, positioning is crucial, as that's the only way to deny the other two mechs the ability to reach the compound before the end of the turn, so far as I can see.[/spoiler]

As far as units go, I'd say my suggested lineup would be the Nadesico, the Archangel, Tekkaman, The Mazin Brothers, Zeorymer, Gundam Maxter, Shining Gundam, Skygrasper II, Voltes V, Combattler V, Ryoko & Akitos' Aestivalises, Strike Gundam, and Dancougar.

I would put Boss Borot somewhere in there, but I've had my fun. :D

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #315 on: October 03, 2011, 04:21:47 PM »
As far as units go, I'd say my suggested lineup would be the Nadesico, the Archangel, Tekkaman, The Mazin Brothers, Zeorymer, Gundam Maxter, Shining Gundam, Skygrasper II, Voltes V, Combattler V, Ryoko & Akitos' Aestivalises, Strike Gundam, and Dancougar.

No! We must see all of Boss Borot's attacks!
My work

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #316 on: October 03, 2011, 06:39:43 PM »

No! We must see all of Boss Borot's attacks!

Your ideas intrigue me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.  Replace Strike Gundam in my lineup with Boss, at least until we've seen all of Boss's attacks.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:40:47 AM by Sucrose »

Decessor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #317 on: October 04, 2011, 11:18:20 AM »
Mazin Bros, Zeoymr, The Shuffle Alliance, Tekkaman, Bellzeute.

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #318 on: October 04, 2011, 07:11:21 PM »
....How could I have forgotten the protagonist herself? :banghead

Replace Combattler in my lineup with Calvina's wonderful mech.

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #319 on: October 10, 2011, 11:20:52 AM »
As usual, I should report on the mechs theme tunes

Awaken, Zeorymer!!! Unusually, it isn't the actual opening theme of the Zeorymer anime, this is, accompanied by some exposition which isn't on youtube (at least not in english).

The Voltes V theme, which is another thing I prefer over Combattler V, despite Ichiro Mizukis efforts.

Also, Great Mazinger uses Fire Wars like the other Mazinkaiser units, but I going to link to his original theme anyway, because I think its awesome.