Author Topic: I HAVE FURY!!! Lets Play Super Robot Wars Judgement!  (Read 124818 times)

Decessor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: I HAVE FURY!!! Lets Play Super Robot Wars Judgement!
« Reply #260 on: July 22, 2011, 08:45:54 AM »
Forgot D-Boy is out of commission.

Gundam Optimal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #261 on: July 26, 2011, 11:42:39 AM »
Part 14.1: Lets make the interesting characters miserable and the terrible characters happy! It's called 'inverting your tropes', all the edgy writers are doing it!

Apologies for the delay, but I've just upgraded to a new laptop, with Windows 7, so I had to take a few days to get used to it and everything. On with the show!

As ordered, I put Mu and Kira beside each other.

And Mus Support Defense saves Kira, once again proving who's really the important person on the Archangels team.

Eiji hasn't levelled up that much since last time we distributed his stats, but one point might make all the difference.

As suggested, we up Mu's mobility using parts rather than spending cash. David doesn't need the dodge that badly, right?

We also add the reward from the Puzzle Robo so that the two Skygraspers have the same speed.

And of course we give Kira the flight unit.

Layzner gets a general upgrade to boost its performance.

The Brains get upgrades, Hime a few more.

And because we have the money, one bar of mobility for Mus skygrasper. I save the rest because I know we might need it in a few levels.

YAY! Please be cancer!

Of course, now that she did him once, Kira is now Flays manservant and waits on her constantly.

...I'm fairly sure the ship is still flying under its antigrav the same as ever. I mean, its a ship with a terrible design for bouyancy and multiple hatches all over it for mechs and weapons, they wouldn't be retard enough to float it on the water just to try saving power or something retarded like that....right?

...If Mirallia is her roommate, shouldn't she have noticed Flay doesn't seem to be sleeping in her own bed anymore?

...Those lines were pretty pointless, unless we're supposed to take away that Flay is now so lazy she won't even get out of Kiras bed to get a glass of water.

Meanwhile, in the relative sanity of the boat that runs on life energy:

The UEFA is our benchmark for kindness now?

"Not an enemy" is a big step up from our relationships with pretty much everyone else.

Mu is clearly not a Thunderbirds fan.

Uh...didn't you help the Cyber Beast Force escape from Africa on the Nadesico? They could be paying you back for that.

Where is this coming out of? Are they saying Mithril wants to study them or something?

...Except he's never mentioned his parents once since we met him. Its all been about his friends, he could have left his parents to die for all we know.

Oh, so the problem was that they were keeping Kira secret from the Novis Noah crew? Okay....

No wait, that still doesn't make sense, how did Anoa know he was first generation in that case?

"Yeah, they should be buried in their native soil, its the least we can do."

What is with these random asides?

No offense but nearly everything in this game is a mystery to us at this point.

Who isn't? Flay has a hidden agenda and as far as I can tell she scrubs the damned toilets on the archangel.

'Shouldn't we leave Hime behind in case the Novis is attacked?'
'I'll take that chance if it means Hime is shot down....er, I mean....'

Kiras pretty resigned to these guys dogging him all the way to the end of the game.

What the hell is with Flay suddenly being all sick? Is Kiras spooge toxic or something?

"What? Know, its 2pm, I always kick those jerks out of the hangar at this time. Reminds them who's boss."

No shit. I was figuring we'd just let them chew on us for a while.

Really? Because I don't recall this barrier from my previous playthroughs of the game. My weapons hurt their ships just fine then.

Do they not know their own standard operating procedure or something?

It seems we're went to keep Eiji alive while we kill, shockingly enough.

We start the usual group hug tactics, except in Kiras case, where his Megabooster puts him far ahead of everyone else. We'll have to trust that he survives until all his bonuses show up.

Next turn people catch up to the oncoming enemies. Here Mu weakens an enemy so the Archangel, which missed last level so Yuu could have a slot, can get a kill.

Its amazing the difference simple Group Hug tactics makes. I'd normally have to spam the hell out of Focus for most of my guys on a level like this. I'll have to be certain to use more Friendship bonuses in future games.

Even Calvinas basic weapons are able to almost tear through enemies like this.

Enemy turn, and the few surviving Battas go for the Archangel. Thanks for the XP chumps.

Huh...The Gradosian Skullgunners use beam weapons, which the Archangels Laminate armor soaks up. Well, I guess that was just because I was using Wall, the next shot will-

.....Okay. The Archangel is immune to their attacks, and they're charging right into its guns futilely. I see.

The slaughter continues until we get a notification:

It means for every time we wouldn't fight these SPTs, we would fight them 3 Quintillion times. Guess they don't teach scientific notation at the UEFA Academy. Then again, I'm not sure if they teach anything at the UEFA Academy.

3e18 to 1 is fairly certain, Murrue.

And we're right back to the Skullgunner suicide. The Archangel keeps building up will to kill them with weaker and weaker weapons. Its a massacre. I guess they were so focused on getting to the delicious civilians inside they didn't notice all the holes in their hulls?

Eventually the real SPTs arrive:

No sign of Gosterro thankfully.

In the original Layzner, instead of the Federation and ZAFT being the two idiot sides, it was old stalwarts America and Russia who wouldn't stop fighting to face the Gradosians. Hey, it was the late 80s, everyone thought the Cold War would go on forever back then.

Also, apparently they're basing this whole 'Earth will fuck up the rest of the galaxy' thing off the predictions of their supercomputers. Which means either Earth is a spawning pit for evil and stupidity, or even the Gradosians AIs are racist.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #262 on: July 26, 2011, 02:26:46 PM »
Part 14.2: Proving how dangerous humanity is using Gradosian technology.

The full-breed earthlings naturally have objections to all of Gales comments:

"We'll match Grados atrocity for atrocity until you see how civilised we are!"

"What about Julia? Did she approve?"
"I dunno, she was deepthroating Gale at the time, the response was kinda mumbled."

...Er, I think Gale still has his career and his impending marraige.

You already fought her twice! She was the one who convinced everyone to save you on Mars! God, you have a terrible memory.

And with that, battle is joined. The enemy Skullgunners finish themselves off charging the Archangel, and Gales manned SPT squad flies closer.

I split the team up: The Gundam SEEDers and Calvina to finish off the two Katonbos, the rest heading off to face Gale.

We've gotten to the point where Mu really isnt in danger from many of the larger enemies. Its the small stuff like Radam and SPTs that are the threat.

Gonna take a bit to eat through the D-Fields though.

I let Mu and Cagalli Support Defend the Archangel because they're just so eager for it, and break out the Lohengrins. They shouldn't take that much longer.

On the other end of the battle, it seems that Nanga is the main target of the enemies this time. And those Knuckle shots still have high accuracy and low damage.

If the Eland Assault were enough to one-shot the Bravers, I'd let him use that, but since its a tad short of that, I downgrade to using lesser attacks to save ammo.

And then I switch to standard attacks because using any of the big stuff will be pointless until Nanga gets more will.

So much for those guys. Time to catch up to the others.

Hit and Away lets the Archangel get close to the fighting, with the Skygraspers following. Kira is left behind, but with the Megabooster theres no worry about him catching up.

Mu's killing of that mook activates Kiras SEED. Why is never his own actions that cause that?

The important thing, though is that Calvina has enough will to do this much hurt.

I move her in to close quarters, because I have a plan with the Brains.

I think Nanga might need this.

An annoying hit, but it'll heal in a few turns.

Himes upgraded weapons are almost enough for a one-shot, but not quite.

Anyway, the point of all that was to get all the Brain inside Calvinas command aura to buff them and possibly dissuade the enemy from focusing on Nanga again.

...Which doesn't work, they go for him anyway. But at least his will is high enough for a one-shot this time.

Well actually this one guy can't reach him and goes for Calvina, and lives because he's inside the minimum range of the O Rifle.

Eventually, Nanga runs out of energy.

Karla attacks Hime, who bitchslaps her verbally and literally.

Ok, time for the main event: Gale Versus Eiji. I cast focus and move our guy in for a big encounter.

Eiji scores a lucky hit and gets a level-up, but we're not done yet, as the plot takes over.

The plot doesn't like us very much, as Eiji misses and Gale takes off half his health.

Another autohit.

Another hit.

We then get a set of trippy effects as the Layzner charges up, and the words 'V-Max' show above it the same way Mazinpower and SEED do. The soundtrack also picks up.

And just like that, the Greimkaiser takes 9000 damage, without a single animation or any further flair. Which was a massive letdown for me, so I went and tracked down the original scene, to see what happened. Apparently the battle happened in space that time.

And with that, the Greimkaiser explodes and falls into the ocean.

Karla pulls what Alpha Gaiden players will remember as a 'Seishin Burst', healing and casting multiple Spirit Commands on herself.

With Gale gone, we don't have any more special battle conditions. Eijis no longer that important it seems.

Alert, Focus, Strike, and Valor for double damage on her next attack. Karla is looking mighty pissed alright, and since many of our units lack Alert, we're going to have to wait a turn before we can risk sending them against her.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 02:53:59 PM by Gundam Optimal »
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #263 on: July 26, 2011, 05:41:24 PM »
Part 14.3: Do you guys have any idea how hard it is to greive when we're killing you?

One useful trick to strip the spirit commands off a boss is to use a unit with the Alert command, who doesn't need the XP, to do a double-whiff with the boss. This gets rid of Valor and Alert nicely, but Strike is still going to be annoying. I focus the others on finishing the enemies who were weakened attacking Nanga.

Since Hime isn't in any danger while Nanga is close to her, I begin using her spirit commands to increase our XP gains. This is where she truly shines, fighting as good as any other main real while throwing out support, making her the best of both worlds.

Cagalli heals up Eiji and gets in position to support him if Karla goes for him.

No point in having our other units do anything, so we just leave them there.

And now its our turn and her spirits are gone.

Kiras positioned to shoot her down, but I make sure Nanga uses missiles to support him to save ammo.

Hey, lady, we've got dozens of other enemies lining up to kill us, can't you wait your turn?

Only Karla 'withdrew'. The rest are at the bottom of the Indian Ocean.

The Archangel moves over and Layzner is pulled off the map.

Hmm, guess he's unconscious after all those high-g manuvers? Or gone catatonic in shock from murdering his old friend?

Well anyway, apparently its been too long since we fought the Redcoats:

Ouch, yeah, that looks like it stung.

Even Mu is bored of these jokers by now.

No-one beleives them when they say a UEFA ship is hard to destroy. The average ZAFT pilot probably has a dozen battleship kills.

....How did you get ahead of us anyway? I thought ZAFT didn't have atmosphere-capable ships like the Archangel, and relied on landship and submarines. Did we stop for icecream or something? Is that why Flay is sick?

Using Tolles ever-useful Assault and Accel commands, the Archangel charges into the ZAFT GOOhN-squad, railguns blazing. They respond with underwater weapons that apparently don't count as beam weapons, but still don't do a lot of damage out of the water.

...Hold on, 'phonon masers'? Phonons are units which measure how much an atom is vibrating. I mean sure, you could get energy from them, maybe even use them to hurt people, but how do you get a Maser from them? Masers are just Microwave lasers, no different in principle from a visible spectrum laser, you'd have to turn the phonons into Microwave frequency photons anyway, which kinda seems redundant when you can just use a microwave emitter.
And why would you use a microwave laser underwater? Water absorbs Microwaves!

Slight issues for Calvina as the Bellzellute flies in, its Shot Launchers have no rank underwater, so even on a crit it only does 10 damage. In some games it might have been a 15, but not here. Still, Calvina gets some will and a tiny amount of XP for hitting something, so its not a total waste.

Hime does much better, because the Brain Powerds have As in all terrains for both the mech and its weapons, making them very useful for taking on these underwater pests.

They still prefer to attack Nanga, though.

Torpedoes against a flying target? Really? Anyway, the O Rifle A is still pretty damned dangerous, even underwater.

GOOhNs, or FOOOOOOOOOLS?

It should be little surprise that the Archangel crew level up again.

Underwater Taser Knuckles. They can't possibly be a bad plan, right?

Without the Water Jet, Kira is reduced to use C-rank weaponry, so his damage output is curtailed.

The Brains have run out of regular foes, and are now focusing on a submarine, flying closer and hitting it with swords, which seems to be quite effective.

Meanwhile, I send Calvina off on one of her sneaky lone missions, not that there are that many enemies in that direction that won't just go for the Archangel.

Except this other submarine apparently.

Its a little worrying when an SPT, something made out of fibreglass and hope, takes less damage than the Skygraspers when supporting.

Calvina takes a knock, but apparently air-to-air missiles work on legged mini-subs just fine.

Then her attention is taken when the Redcoats finally start doing something, and Yzak tries out his upgraded Gundam. Sorry bud, but adding a little extra armor isn't going to impress me.

Hime uses the last of her SP to cast Bless on Lasse, who then sinks the submarine for big cash.

Unable to use the big sword or his beam cannons underwater, Mu is reduced to charging in with his machine guns and his manly yell. Hey, it works 8 times better as any other attack.

Why does Miguel even bother anymore?

The other two stolen Gundam try their own Group Hug tactics, but we still come out on top, just.

Meanwhile, undaunted by being knocked around by Calvina, Yzak tries to get revenge for his face. However, all that happens is that the new Assault Shroud gets blasted off of him, and Kira gains two levels. However, the original Duel is still underneath, untouched, hence why we didn't get any money.

The other Redcoats are busy with the Brains, and not doing so well.

Bu-bye. Come back when your Gundam is wearing something decent.

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #264 on: July 26, 2011, 07:12:05 PM »
Part 14.4: Is there anything Cagalli can't do? Is there anything Kira can?

Nanga and Hime try to beat Nicol, but his invisibility kicks in to let him auto-evade Himes attack.

Meanwhile the Archangel sinks the other sub with Sai's Gain and Kuzzeys Luck raking in big dollars and XP.

Dearka tries fighting two Brains at once, but since isn't getting anywhere.

With that enemy turn weathered, Dearka soon falls, and is soon followed by Nicol. Shame this is basically a random encounter, and we can be pretty sure we'll see them again.

I can see Anoa cursing as she sees Hime waving at her as they catch up.

Y'know, Destiny is usually more subtle than your mechs going out of control and doing a Sonic the Hedgehog impression.

Layzners cockpit is a hemisphere of space glass. If you can see its head you can see him. You really have no excuse for figuring out what conditions he's in.

Yeah, thinking about Destiny gives me pains too.

Yeah. Being friends with career soldiers who will abet genocide is an issue that affects us all.

Well, you're in the room for a start...

Theres that empathy and perceptiveness that makes Flay so desirable.

"Vagina powers, activate!!"

Again, your master plan appears to be to make your best and most effective guardian commit suicide-by-ZAFT, leaving you basically defenseless against the actual enemy. This is a pretty good demonstration that you can be manipulative without being smart.

Why would you, the commander of this mission to stop Orphan, not want help?

Meanwhile, in a secret base which seems to be in the Rockies, some of our other heroes are at work.

"Not even to give you more of these delicious Hostess Fruit Pies?"
"...Ok, I have one use for you."

....Looks like a robot to me.

Any God who designed this universe can't be all that good at forseeing things, thats for sure.

I should point out that Levin is the gay dude I mentioned before. And he seems to be more into Tekkaman than D-Boy.

"...I'm her boyfriend."
"You're a guy?"
"We've known each other 5 years Kira."
"Don't lecture me, Tai!"

And she's easy. Don't forget that.

The only thing she's protecting you from are reality and a clean gynecology report.

WOW. You mother-FUCKER, Kira. They are THE ENTIRE REASON you're still on this boat, remember? They've been running the damn ship! Shooting at enemies, stopping Natarle from crashing this tub into the fucking sun, keeping you from getting lost on the way between the ship and the fight like the blind retard you are, and suddenly they have no fucking idea how you feel?
I suppose we're supposed to blame this on Flays vaginomancy or something, but I feel like both of them need their teeth knocked out.

And right before Sai can point out the blaringly obvious fact that Kiras full of shit, Flay just shoots him down.

On the upside, I like Sai more now.

Lets try to return to sanity as we approach Orb:

"And we can get several more, just give us 5 minutes and a stapler!"

"We've got the stink all over us now!"

Why not? Unlike Kira, she actually deserves a title.

Oh, we'll figure out the secret of your teleportation someday, Cagalli. You can't hide forever!

And...then wait years for the data to be used to create this magical energy-resistant material we need? Or are we using the Iron Man 2 methods of element creation?

...Is Honda drunk enough to be using the Tony Stark method?

Anyway, onto the Puzzle Robo:

Ok, we have to get Eiji to the very corner of the map in two turns, while Karla and Gale lie in wait for him. He has all his spirit points but since Focus does nothing in Puzzle Robo, only Accel will matter. How do we position our hero to survive an enemy turn and reach his goal?

Also, heads up, these are our auto-deploys for the next level.
And next level has significantly less water than the last two maps.

Everyone did well this level, though it was annoying to have so many weapons be unavailable due to terrain. Nothing more to report except that Nanga was picked on by all the bullies and ran out of juice. Mu and Cagalli took some damage from Supporting that kept the repairers busy, and Mu mostly concentrated on reloading the Archangel in the latter half of the level because it was using so much railgun ammo.

So, any preferences for next level? Who will we upgrade, who get priority for parts? Do we spend a lot or save it for the future? What say ye?

Decessor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #265 on: July 26, 2011, 08:14:07 PM »
More EN for Nanga. Weapons for as many auto-deploys as possible. I'd prioritise extra ammo capacity for the Archangel if it were possible. We can't have the death machine running dry.

Spend! Spend! Spend!

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #266 on: July 26, 2011, 09:59:02 PM »
Puzzle Robo:
[spoiler]Use Accel to move to the top section of rough ground.  If I'm reading this correctly, Gale's lack of movement range makes him completely irrelevant for this, so you just need to deal with Karla, and keep her away from the target square.

Since you have no way to block her path, the best means of accomplishing this seems to be either shooting her down or enticing her to try to fight you.  Since the second method isn't guaranteed to work, whereas you're guaranteed to hit with your attack, use your strongest weapon that is still available after moving to shoot Karla down: I'm pretty sure Eiji has weaponry that can do in excess of 1800 damage, even against terrain bonuses.  After gunning her down, let Gale move irrelevantly, and then use Accel to move to the target square.[/spoiler]

Save, Save, Save!  If it doesn't seem like we need to spend much now, and apparently we'll need a lot of money in the near future, let's not upgrade: given how easily the last mission was dealt with, I think we're pretty good at the moment.  Maybe an evasion upgrade for Nanga, to prevent the cool kids from picking on him, unless you can increase his evasion with Spirit commands.

Parts should be prioritized for: Cagalli, Eiji, and Hime I suppose.  I look forward to the day when we can pay attention to the main character again, but as-is, I suppose that she's just way too far ahead of everyone else.

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #267 on: July 26, 2011, 10:57:11 PM »
I tried using Focus to make Nanga less of a target, it didnt seem to work. The enemy seem to prioritise targets based on a units base dodge chance, and don't take spirit commands into account. Makes sense, otherwise a unit with Alert would never be attacked, but it means we'd need to look into other ways around this.

Calvinas XP total isn't too far ahead of the curve, but she's still pretty up there. And only the battleships are doing similar damage. Then again, that might just be because we have no Supers around to compare.

There are parts which increase ammo, but we don't get them yet. TBH the only reason the Archangel ran out this time was the water, otherwise it would have been using Lohengrins to kill enemies much faster.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #268 on: July 27, 2011, 12:04:44 PM »
Hold on to the cash, but put Kira in the Sword Pack and the flier, just fly around the place stabbing, and if theres need for water combat well that works just fine too. He sorely needs a real underwater combat option.

Since theres less water, the Archangel wouldn't quite need so much resupply, so giving Cagalli the Launcher and Mu the Aile would up their offensive ability more.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #269 on: July 29, 2011, 01:17:41 AM »
Ok, let's try upgrading Nanga's mobility, if we're trying to make him less of a target.

As for the idea of giving Cagalli one of the more damaging packs, it's not a bad idea. However, I personally would swap her to the other Skygrasper if that was the case. Keeping the Aile pack on Grasper 2 means that it will be able to reach units in need of repair faster, making it much more effective. This would of course mean relegating Mu to repair duty, however. Or, I guess, we could put Kira in Aile Grasper 2, but that would leave Mu benched, and the Strike unusable since the plot demands that only Kira can use it. [spoiler]For now.[/spoiler]

Edit: Rereading the force deployments, it would seem that the three SEED pilots are stuck in their respective machines anyway. In that case I'd keep things as they are.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:19:45 AM by Stealthyboy »

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #270 on: July 29, 2011, 03:14:49 AM »
^^
The big buggerity is that Kira's current pack is completely ineffective half the time. Giving him the Sword would let him wreck shit still. Putting the Launcher on Cagalli is more of a side perk.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: July 29, 2011, 09:23:53 AM »
Redcoat squad simulation:

Dearka: Great!
Yzak: NATURAAALS!
Nicol: I am gentle, kind and like playing my piano. Do you want to hear it?
[spoiler]Nicol: I'm so gonna die...[/spoiler]
Miguel: Surely I can take on your prototype super-units in a mass produced GiNN!
Athrun: I'm Akira Ishida.

As for the supposed good guys... yeah, Kira is an asshole. Where's that "If I were serious you wouldn't stand a chance" screencap that makes him look just the raging douchebag he is?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:25:59 AM by Cubey »

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #272 on: July 29, 2011, 01:00:30 PM »
As for the supposed good guys... yeah, Kira is an asshole. Where's that "If I were serious you wouldn't stand a chance" screencap that makes him look just the raging douchebag he is?

Ladies and gentlemen, our protagonist in his usual habitat of stealing his friend's fiance, beating him up and then bragging about his artificially enduced genetic superiority. What a guy.  :nonono

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #273 on: July 29, 2011, 02:02:59 PM »
Side-thought, spoiler tags around updates would help. With the number of images to load it's a while before my screen settles down enough to read it.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #274 on: July 29, 2011, 02:05:43 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, our protagonist in his usual habitat of stealing his friend's fiance, beating him up and then bragging about his artificially enduced genetic superiority. What a guy.  :nonono
Could be worse.

Could be that guy from Destiny.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #275 on: July 29, 2011, 03:36:52 PM »
Side-thought, spoiler tags around updates would help. With the number of images to load it's a while before my screen settles down enough to read it.

I've heard this before, I had to do it before on another LP. Do people think this is a good plan?

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #276 on: July 29, 2011, 03:42:20 PM »
Could be worse.

Shinn? I actually prefer him to Kira, because at least he has genuine reasons for being a whiny bitch, and also most of my contact with him comes from SRW, which helped make him much more likeable.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #277 on: July 29, 2011, 07:42:22 PM »
Could be worse.

Shinn? I actually prefer him to Kira, because at least he has genuine reasons for being a whiny bitch, and also most of my contact with him comes from SRW, which helped make him much more likeable.
He was a lot less bearable in the anime.

Also +1 spoilerblocks.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #278 on: July 29, 2011, 08:21:23 PM »

I've heard this before, I had to do it before on another LP. Do people think this is a good plan?

Can't say I'd be against it, it does make it difficult to read the posts at the bottom of a page when the images loading keep pushing it lower.

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #279 on: July 29, 2011, 09:21:54 PM »

I think that would be good.  Just putting one big spoilerblock around the whole post would be quite sufficient, though putting the Puzzle Robo and after-update questions in a separate spoilerblock would be appreciated.