Author Topic: I HAVE FURY!!! Lets Play Super Robot Wars Judgement!  (Read 124817 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: I HAVE FURY!!! Lets Play Super Robot Wars Judgement!
« Reply #200 on: June 25, 2011, 05:00:38 AM »
Go for the SEEDy option.

I cracked up at this one.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Decessor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #201 on: June 25, 2011, 09:18:24 AM »
SEED! SEED! SEED!

The angst is strong in these ones.  :lol Also, D-Boy.

Are we at a stage for upgrades yet? I recall a great deal of loot. Slap a bit into the weapons and hp, maybe armour, of the chosen team.

GoddamnSandwitches

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #202 on: June 25, 2011, 11:55:57 AM »
I'm gonna say Nadesico route.

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: June 25, 2011, 01:13:42 PM »
And here we are, our first Route Split!! This is where we decide who we follow for the next 5 levels. Do we stick with the wacky hijinks of Nadesico and its crew, or mock the glum seriousness of SEED and its accompanying downer series? How to choose!?!

Here I'll spoiler whats coming up on each path:
[spoiler]Nadesico Route starts out with more of Domons plot, as well as the appearance of some more allies, then big things happen to Kouji! A powerful new ally appears, with a dark secret! And the Nadesico goes a little topsy-turvy!

On the Archangel Route, we begin with more SEED action, both good and facepalmy, then things get complex for D-Boy! Then the next chapter of Eiji's quest begins as an old rivalry ends! And we finally get to learn more of the mysterious organic mecha we saw in the teaser on level 2![/spoiler]

And here, I give the mechanical benefits of each route:
[spoiler]Going for SEED Route means we can later get a special weapon for the Strike, and we can unlock another ally for the Layzner team. Going with the Nadesico, on the other hand, is the beginning of the long and ardous path to unlock the most powerful unit in the game....which also means giving up most of the games other secrets, unfortunately.[/spoiler]

So, my friends...What will we choose?

Well, I'm going to have to stick with my recommendation of following SEED path. Inevitable snark, Unlockable flags, the Tekkaman and Layzner crews and... [spoiler]Some of the most absolutely adorable Evangelion wannabes ever. :blush[/spoiler]

What's not to love?

catchthesun

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #204 on: June 25, 2011, 01:36:40 PM »
SEED because I tend to stalk the Nadesico and I want to see something different.

Gundam Optimal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #205 on: June 26, 2011, 09:33:44 AM »
Part 10.7: Everyone on the Short Bus!

Yes, I'm sure these competent individuals are all the Nadesico crew need to command them in battle.

Thats a lie and you know it. The balance was upended on mission 2.

"Why put on false airs anymore?"

He pays people to be bodyguards, he pays people to not be bodyguards....Prospectors more like an ATM than an employer.

We cut to the surrounding desert, where some tanned but not really ethnic people are talking:

"The nation that made this coffee will be Annexed for the Glory of ZAFT, sir."
"Eeeeeeeexcellent."

Why can't we be the ones to attack things for a change?

Meanwhile, in ????, which I hear is really nice this time of year:

Still being tight-fisted with the plot details, these guys.

So we hit intermission, and we see which units we still have available. We can safely call this one the Real Robot route, since there are no true supers in our lineup and we're not likely to get any.

We have two units that can change frames now, the Strike and the Skygrasper, and we still have the Aile and Sword packs available. We can attach one to the Skygrasper, either the Aile to improve its speed and manuverability, or the Sword to give it a decent weapon for combat. It really depends on whether we want it to be a combat unit or hang back as support. Unfortunately, it can't repair, only resupply.
[spoiler]We do get a second one later on that does repair.[/spoiler]

But theres another option for Mu that I didn't realise before: The Moebius Zero doe work in air! And it has an A rank, so no loss in performance. If we're willing to rely on David as our sole resupplier, we can put Mu in this and have him, Murrue and Kira form a sniping team.

There is also the option of forgetting the Strike Gundam altogether and having Kira and Mu both use fighters, if we so chose.

The other issue with pilot reassignment is whether to put Aki in charge of the Blue Earth, now that theres a new friend for them. Should we?

And theres the Puzzle Robo to deal with:

We have to destroy one of these two Battas with Combattler. Movement range and weapon options are shown. The only interesting change here is that unlike previous puzzles, the Battle Team have their Spirit Points, but the only Spirit Command which might change things is Daisukes will-booster command. So, how will we go about this?

The question of upgrades arises as well. Points to note, in my opinion:
Roannes Buldy was shot down by the Devil Gundam last time, should we do something about that? Maybe upgrade his Manuverabilty, HP or Armor? Or should we just be more careful about putting him near bosses?
Upgrading the Buldy would mean that Davids Baybull would be the definite choice for enemies to attack among the Layzner team, I'd point out.
The Bellzelute almost ran out of energy last time due to overusing the O Rifle A. We can avoid this by upping its EN, changing its parts to give it more EN, or improving its weapons so lesser guns will be enough.

So, who gets upgraded in what way?
How do we solve the Puzzle Robo?
Who flies the Blue Earth
And What will Mu and Kira be doing?

Answers please.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #206 on: June 26, 2011, 10:44:26 AM »
Give the Buldy a bit more armor, and for the Bellzelute, up Weapons. I'm thinking upping EN would only extend operating endurance for a little bit, since a few more big shots will still chew through it, and Weapons probably gives a bit more on maximum output when you need to gangbang something to death.
Puzzle RoboL: seems obvious enough, raise Will and target the guy in the street with a Big Blast?
Aki in Blue Earth experimentally.
Hmm, Sword-Skygrasper for Mu I think, best to keep it a bit balanced out, plus it'd be a little variety from the Moebius we've been seeing the whole time.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #207 on: June 26, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »
I forgot to mention a few things. One is that the Devil Gundam dropped an item called Hybrid Armor, which increases a units armor and HP significantly. This could be useful on any of our less dodgy units, and if nothing else it would help keep the Archangel in one piece. I'll take suggestions for who gets it.

Also, its not entirely relevant right now, but I thought I'd post the music from the new units we aren't getting:

Dancougas very 80s battle theme. The anime openings and endings rarely get used, they're not dramatic enough, although the second opening was remixed for the Gamecube game.

Domons normal theme. Again, the character liefmotif is a better choice than the animes opening, and I prefer it this way. G Gundams internal music is much better than the OPs or EDs.

The theme for the Shining Gundams ultimate move, the Shining Finger. The title vaguely translates as 'Beat Fate with your Burning Fighting Spirit'.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: June 26, 2011, 11:27:10 AM »

Must avoid making DaCosta Coffee joke....

But theres another option for Mu that I didn't realise before: The Moebius Zero doe work in air! And it has an A rank, so no loss in performance. If we're willing to rely on David as our sole resupplier, we can put Mu in this and have him, Murrue and Kira form a sniping team.

Unfortunately... not really.

While the Moebius Zero DOES work in air, it's gunbarrels do not. It's not even a case of changing their rank in air, the weapon is simply removed from the list. A big shame, I love the Zero, but when its neutered like that, there's really no reason to use it ever again. :(

So, it's time to use the most GENIUS idea ever come up with in the history of Gundam

We take a sword...

And we put it on a plane.

:psyduck

The other issue with pilot reassignment is whether to put Aki in charge of the Blue Earth, now that theres a new friend for them. Should we?

And theres the Puzzle Robo to deal with:

We have to destroy one of these two Battas with Combattler. Movement range and weapon options are shown. The only interesting change here is that unlike previous puzzles, the Battle Team have their Spirit Points, but the only Spirit Command which might change things is Daisukes will-booster command. So, how will we go about this?

The question of upgrades arises as well. Points to note, in my opinion:
Roannes Buldy was shot down by the Devil Gundam last time, should we do something about that? Maybe upgrade his Manuverabilty, HP or Armor? Or should we just be more careful about putting him near bosses?
Upgrading the Buldy would mean that Davids Baybull would be the definite choice for enemies to attack among the Layzner team, I'd point out.
The Bellzelute almost ran out of energy last time due to overusing the O Rifle A. We can avoid this by upping its EN, changing its parts to give it more EN, or improving its weapons so lesser guns will be enough.

So, who gets upgraded in what way?
How do we solve the Puzzle Robo?
Who flies the Blue Earth
And What will Mu and Kira be doing?

Answers please.

Ok, we upgrade Bellze's EN (Though don't forget to make use of its lesser weapons, the O Rifle A may be powerful enough to one shot grunts, but sometimes its more efficient to preserve your EN for bigger targets), Buldy's HP and armour, with maybe a slight Maneuverability upgrade too. I reccommend Aki as the pilot for Blue Earth... [spoiler]Since she'll be the main pilot of it later anyway, once Noal moves on to something slightly smaller.[/spoiler]

Kira in the Launcher Strike, Mu in the Swordgrasper.

The Hybrid Armour can be put on the Archangel I guess, though the Strike might get some use out of it, what with the PS Armour and the heavier pack...

As for the Puzzle Robo...

[spoiler]No one has Accel, hm? Shame, that Batta down below looks like it has less of a terrain boost... Try using Daisaku's Spirit, and then hitting the Batta in range with the most powerful attack...[/spoiler]

Decessor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #209 on: June 26, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »
Buldy: Man.
Baybull: HP.
Bellzelute: Weapons.

Spare cash: Weapons!

Make a sniper team with Mu in the Moebius Zero.

Aki in the Blue Earth.

Hybrid armour on the Bellzelute since it's fast enough to get into trouble.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #210 on: June 26, 2011, 11:43:17 AM »

Wait, I thought Andy made the coffee himself? ???
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2011, 11:45:56 AM »

I may be wrong here, but I think that's only in SEED Destiny...

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2011, 11:52:51 AM »

I may be wrong here, but I think that's only in SEED Destiny...
He brews it himself IIRC, but the beans have to come from somewhere I guess. Probably what hes referring to.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2011, 12:02:46 PM »
The anime openings and endings rarely get used, they're not dramatic enough, although the second opening was remixed for the Gamecube game.

Also don't forget that the first ending theme "Burning Love" was used in, at least, Alpha Gaiden. The tune "Burning Rage" used in this game is a remix of it.

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: June 26, 2011, 03:37:13 PM »
Aki pilots the Blue Earth.

Swordgrasper seems to be the way to go, if the gunbarrels are removed from the Zero.  Keep Kira in the Strike.

I vote for saving the Hybrid Armor for the brother of KYOJIIIII, since a glass cannon does a good deal better if you provide it with some protection.

Upgrade ze weapons so that Calvina can take out enemies with lesser guns than the O Rifle A.  It'll help with absurdly tough bosses like the Devil Gundam to be able to pierce through for heavier damage with the big weapons, as well.

After that upgrade is sufficient, give Buldy some additional maneuverability and HP.  Past that, just try to be careful with him.

For Puzzle Robo:
[spoiler]Can't reach the enemy out in the open, so just use all possible relevant Spirit commands (because why not?) and attack with Big Blast, or the close-range Twin Lancer if that would get past the terrain benefits.[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #215 on: July 03, 2011, 12:06:11 PM »
Part 11: In summary, I hate you all and want to die.

We boost the Combattler up to 110 will, and begin by unleashing its Big Blast on the enemy Batta:

....Huh. Not quite, it seems.

Lets restart and try a different attack. Maybe Hyomas higher Melee stat will affect things.

....Nope.

Okay apparently I missed something in my original analysis of all of this.

That being Juzos Accel command, which extends our movement range enough to just reach the other Batta on the map with the Twin Lancer:

Sorry for that, my bad. Guess I just didnt want to overload you with all the different sets of spirit commands, and left out the important clue.

There was basically no agreement on what to do with the Hybrid armor, everyone gave a different suggestion. So I just put it on the Archangel. A battleship can never have too much armor and HP, ever.

Theres a spare module for boosting the Potential skill, but we have no super robot pilots like Kouji to put it on. A few of our Real pilots have Potential though, like Calvina and Mu, but I put it on Eiji since he'll be getting plot soon and the usually-invincible Layzner might take a hit.

Aki goes in the pilot chair of the Blue Earth. I'm a little curious whether this will affect battle dialogue, but we'll have to wait and see.

Mu gets the Sword Strike Pack, which hurts mobility a little but helps make the Skygrasper sturdier. This might be the way to go, as we'll see.

As ordered, the Bellzelute gets boosted weapons, the Buldy gets more manuverability, and the Baybull gets more HP. We're really turning David into a bruiser...Then again anyone who gets the Guts command probably should have a tougher mech.

We return to our new opponent:

Dunno about zips, but the Nadesicos better for whips and chains. The torture chamber on the Archangel is mostly about power drills and wierd puppets.

HOO-RAH!!

Meanwhile, on the ship of fools:

Oh god, 5 seconds and you've jinxed us already!

I don't think its physically possible to get optimistic while you're around, Badgerroll.

If the Nadesico crew can find a use for Akito, they can find a use for you, Cagalli.

I'm now curious how much of the non-human martian life the Gradosians kept. We only saw desert and tundra, where there forests and green fields that the Gradosians are having picnics on?

I imagine Natarle having to interrogate her milkman at gunpoint before she has her cereal in the morning.

"I might have said Eiji was xenos scum and had to be burned on a crucifix, but I trust you completely, Calvina!!"

Everyone much have the same opinions as the main character. Thats the rule in anime.

Quick wipe for exposition:

Which we still haven't the slightest idea about. Perhaps Banpresto were afraid of provoking the Doujin artists.

We cut to elsewhere as Mu finishes installing his new metal boner onto his plane:

....What did you think the other jet was? An ice cream truck? The Archangels hanger can't be that big, even if it does gain some clown-car like properties later in the game.

"Oh hey, Mirallia, I found that pair of glasses I thought I lost."
"You were amazing, Sai!"
"Ow, I tripped on my shoelace!!"
"You were amazing, Kuzzey!"
"Yo Mirallia! I've stolen your underwear!!"
"You were amazing, Noal!"

"I've lost like 15 dollars on this thing!!"
"...Its not an arcade machine, it doesn't need coins."
"...I have certain ways of dealing with failure. Don't judge me!"

Cagalli has seen enough to know the people you like most are always the first to go.

The rule in SRW games is that characters can only pilot units from their own series, with almost no exceptions (about the only ones I can think of is the Turn-A Gundam units counting as Universal Century units, and some of the Alpha protagonists using Gundams temporarily). Even different Gundam series will be incompatible for no adequately explained series. But these restrictions almost never apply to villains: Early in SRW history before OG characters were common, villains from other series would end up in Valsions or piloting the Devil Gundam or the like, with no real issue.

We get an aside about SPTs having built-in simulators but that you can only use them with Eijis permission, then Mu comes in to spoil the fun:

Everyone suddenly seems kinda pessemistic. Why couldn't Cagalli try it, she'd totally get a friend bonus from Kira, and thats really all you need.

Meanwhile, on the bridge:

What scouts? Everyone was in the simulator, basically only the Blue Earth was free.

"And that means they have to die the most."

I should point out that Sun Tzu said picking your battles was basically 90% of how you won battles. If you are in a situation were you can't do Sun Tzus rule number 1, you're a little screwed.

Oh Aki, you such a sucker for him, just admit it.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm lating for the Pre-Battle Puppy Strangling ritual."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #217 on: July 03, 2011, 07:30:48 PM »
Part 11.2: Dogs of War

Again, Flay accosts Kira as he climbs into the Strike. Didn't she join the crew? Shouldn't she have a job to do when we're at battle stations?

"And you'll help design the Baby-Eating machin-"
"Yes! Whatever! Just let me go already!!"

Huh? How would it be better to be reckless in space? At least if they get shot down here, they can bail out and won't suffocate.

I immediately make Calvina a hypocrite by sending her out ahead of everyone else to fight the new enemy units, a series of robot dogs armed with Railguns and Missile Pods, called BuCues. All ZAFT units have odd names like these.

Its a lot easier to get our reduced team into formation, and you get both them and the enemy on one screen.

Several of the flying units head after Kira, but he's in a fairly good position. Others go after Calvina:

Well, so far the 'use weaker weapons' thing seems to work.

Ooh, so close. And Calvina takes a hit from the oddly accurate missile launchers, but its ok, she's still above half health.

She gets hit again by one of the flying units. This reckless charge might not have been a great call...

Meanwhile, one of the other doggy robots plays a rather lethal game of fetch with Kira.

Our turn, and Blade flies in with one of his weakest attacks, the Throw Lancer, completely with painful ammo retreival.

This is enough kill to trigger a short event:

Strangely, nothing comes of all of this.

I use Mirallias Trust to heal the Bellzelute and the Blue Earth and Buldy to heal Kira, and continue with mopup. Mu gets to try out his new toy.

I got kind of lazy here and used the O Rifle A to one-shot this BuCue, for no real reason other than expediency. However, it does trigger an event:

Cue everyone freaking out and a crappy explosion effect that does no damage.

Oh please. If Radar worked in this universe you'd all have been killed by cruise missiles ages ago.

Oh dear, nothing ever goes well when someone says that...

The victory conditions imply the mission is over when either Andy or his ship go down, so we'll have to either try to MAP them with...Er, Blade or the Archangel, or make a tough desicion.

Turtle formation mark 2! Not going to let Calvina be beaten up again.

Naturally the remaining enemies from the first wave go for the Archangel. Gotta love how its dodge animation isn't big enough to prevent the missiles clipping through the sprite.

Do we need to go over why antimatter weapons in atmosphere are a bad plan? Do we? Ah, screw it, I can't bring myself to care at this point.

Murrue probably has the best Potential skill at this point, but given how Mu will be acting soon, it probably won't see much use.

On their turn, the enemy bunch up a little, so I send in Blade to do a chain attack, and he manages to get hit. Huh. Wasn't expecting that. Those missile pods are dangerous. I should have used Wall as I usually do but I'd forgotten this time.

I send in Aki and Roanne to heal Blade (I probably only needed the one since Blade has regeneration, but I figured the risk-free XP couldn't hurt them). Also, confirmation of Akis love bonus.

...I'm not sure what the Valiants are. The official specs lists them as 'linear cannons', and from the electric chargeup and shot speed I'm guessing they're railguns, but the animation makes them look like they're shooting balls of lightning. Then again, this is SEED, bullshit weaponry is the order of the day. Real Robot my ass.

It doesn't matter how many support skills you learn, Natarle, no-one wants to be near enough to you to use them.

Mu is just out of range for his sword, so we only get this. I would have fed him the kill, but the Layzner guys needed the XP more.

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #218 on: July 03, 2011, 09:11:58 PM »
Part 11.3: Time to Kick the Puppy.

The Layzner guys get some much-needed combat in.

Calvinas a lot safer charging in this time, because I cast focus, but these new units still require the O Rifle A to truly take on.

Hah, now its Noals turn to be blamed for all the Blue Earths fuckups.

The usual set of mooks heads to the Archangel to give it XP. Mirallias turning into a crucial support character now that we don't have Sayaka and the Nadesico.

Mu is taking a pounding from Support Defense: Because he gives Murrue a Love Bonus, I keep him beside the Archangel constantly to improve its damage and Accuracy, but it means his Support Defense is constantly kicking in to save it (this will be ironic later). Nice as the Skygrasper is, even with the Swordgrasper armor its not that sturdy.

They just don't learn...Man, if Alpha Gaiden had been like this it would have been unwinnable, the Battleships couldn't do jack.

Oh, and now Natarle can boost the ships will, that might actually be useful.

The Blue Earth heals Mu and gets a level. Kinda a combaty skill set you're getting there, Noal.

It always nice to be able to cherry-tap the enemies to death after the battleships and supers have mutilated them on their own turn.

Heading into the last enemy turn in another group huddle, Command auras all overlapped.

More Battleship on mook action, and an interesting combination of Support Defense and a special reaction from David. I'd forgotten they could be comboed like that. Unfortunately I'm not sure if Mu can do that to protect himself.

I just love how everyone is wrong in this exchange.

Andy himself charges at our group....and then does nothing, handing the turn to us. Guess he doesn't have any postmove weapons? Maybe?

Right, only some mooks to finish off, we'll hand them to our extras to kill, and figure out which target is best to go for.

It takes a little effort but we see the Lesseps is worth more money but doesn't drop any interesting items, and will auto-retreat at a certain HP. Andy OTOH will fight to the death, and has some stuff worth looking into. Figuring that the goodies and the better XP will beat out the money, I focus on him.

First off, Blade finishes off the last mook with a combo attack, and then we begin hurting Andy.

With him beaten up, I decide to use our lowest level dude, Eiji, to finish him. He needs the XP badly for next level. I then stupidly forgot to record it, only getting this conversation.

Support Defense: Not ideal for a flimsy mech like Layzner, but it might help keep David and Roanne alive.

...Wasn't your primary goal to beat us and take the ruined hulk of the Archangel home to mount on a pedastel in your capital's main square? That was the impression I got.

STOP JINXING US!

"But, but....More Kill..."

Did we ever have ammo and materials? I don't think we had any to start with, the way we've been going on about them.

'Yeah, just look out for the APC with a shaved monkey drinking beer sitting on top.'

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #219 on: July 03, 2011, 11:27:56 PM »
Part 11.4: Do you kids like Coffeee??!?

The Gundam SEED units are the only one with a zip of course! More than one even.

Ugh, not a fan of Zips at all. I do like some of the music, but all my favorites are from SEED Destiny, ironically enough.

Anyway, our heroes continue to have funny ideas about delegation of duties:

"That dry, dusty desert air, tasting of the ashes of futility..."

...Did you often go shopping for 40mm chaingun ammo and spare anti-aircraft missiles? Was your government daddy into that sort of thing?

Anyway, skipping on because we know how PC shopping trips get:

"Sarin gas, barbed wire whips, 'Eyedrop acid'...Is that even a thing? And why the DVDs of all the Saw movies?"

Apparently Cagalli has no time for makeup and tampons, but she's all over finding Doner Kebab, a Turkish and Middle Eastern dish, in Africa. Because all those places are the same, right Japan?

DO NOT BLASPHEME!

Burn the witch! For the Emperor's Yoghurt Sauce!

...Its not entirely clear, but I think this guy and Cagalli are actually coming to blows over which sauce Kira should take on his doner kebab which should not exist in this part of the world.

Too late for your apology now, sir, plot is happening:

...Wait, so you're saying he came from Hell AND he's from space? How does that work, exactly?

"Why are they SO MEAN?"

Nobody in this game listens to reason! Why is this exceptional?

Thats...nice and all, Kira, but you are not Getter Robo, your weapons are not activated by shouting.

"Their running around screaming and wetting themselves distracted the Terrorists for just long enough."

I do love how the genius Coordinator Kira has been completely clueless this entire scene and perfectly normal Cagalli has shown herself smarter, better prepared and allround more worldly than him and most of the rest of the cast too. And still the plot refuses to throw her a bone.

Andy's not one to pass up a 15-year-old girl covered in sauce, even if it is chilli.

This older man taking home a bunch of impressionable teens to his private mansion in the middle of nowhere would be a lot less creepy if he wasn't insisting on keeping his identity-concealing sunglasses on while indoors.

"No, the dress was completely innocent. Taking the blood samples and giving her the anal beads, those were part of my sick hobbies."

OUR HERO, THE GENIUS COORDINATOR, EVERYONE!!

HE DID. THATS THE WORST PART.

"The Waltfeld Residence is a place of elegance, everyone wears dresses."
"But only half of us are wo-"
"Everyone."

...I thought you said Africa had completely surrendered to ZAFT.

"Because damn, if you aren't then I've gotten out all these dresses and murdered those boy prostitutes for nothing!"

"Also, you've got brown hair. And you're 15. You know how I can tell this? Because I'm a Coordinator. And Coordinators are geniuseses."

You had plenty of answers when Natarle asked you all of this stuff, Eiji. Why can't you answer Andy? Distracted by his shirt, or the worry bulges in his pants?

This is Super Robot Wars, thats the only way to play the damned game.

Going to be? You're inside his mansion, surrounded by a platoon of his personal troops and flanked by his land battleship and squadron of robot dogs. He is making you wear clothes his wife picked out for you. I don't think the future tense is the right one here.

"You got an A- for piloting skills but a D for being compelling and a C- for being likable. We're going to have to up the boob jiggle and add more annoying teens if we're gonna have any chance of selling those model kits, I fear."

So if we make him pilot the Skygrasper, we won't have to fight you? Awesome

(Unfortunately the game forces you to put Kira in the Strike next mission, so we can't test this theory.)

"We don't fight here. This is the war room."
"What about that room over there?"
"Thats the coffee storage. You so much as look at it too hard and I will kill you all and rape the corpses!!!"

Aww, a happy ending. Our heroes survived, and Kira was proven to be a braindead fish.

....Wait, weren't they supposed to be gathering several tons of supplies for the ship? What happened there?

Anyway, we cut to yet another ????, not to be confused with the last one:

"Just give me 5 minutes to reattach my arms, and I'm totally good for it!"

What a dedicated soldier.

Puzzle Robo time again:

We have a base, and we need to get one of our pilots onto it, through a barricade of Battas. In order to do this we have Akito and Gai, somehow. How will we solve this riddle?

Oh, and the only hugely big thing Andy dropped is this mobility booster. Which might be handy for someone who needs a dodge boost like David or Kira.

Ok. Time to decide who gets upgrades or priority for parts. A few things to note:
Energy is one thing to consider. If you've been paying attention, the Archangels been running low at times, even with the Solar Panel for recharge. This isn't a terrible thing, since Mu can always recharge it, but it is a point. Calvina can also be a bit of a gasguzzler.
People who came close to being shot down this time: Calvina, Kira, and Mu. Calvina because I keep forgetting to cast focus, Kira for the same reason and because he's not quite as good at dodging, and Mu because he keeps blocking shots meant for Kira and Murrue. All these could be handled by doctrinal changes, or we can upgrade them all and parts them, and throw caution to the wind.
Next mission has almost everyone marked down as a must-deploy, but Kira and Blade are the particular 'stars' of the show, if my memory serves me. Should we give them special attention?

Answers, whims, and other on a postcard or forum post please.