Author Topic: I HAVE FURY!!! Lets Play Super Robot Wars Judgement!  (Read 124797 times)

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: I HAVE FURY!!! Lets Play Super Robot Wars Judgement!
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2011, 08:33:30 PM »
I think that the boosters should be used by whoever we want to continue using, but it lagging behind in levels.  For now, the Mints seem fine to me.  Same with sticking with the Launcher Pack and continuing to punish Akatsuki for his smug, smug face.  I think that boosting Sayaka's survivability will be important.  We (or at least I) want Mazinger in the thick of things, and that means that she'll have to weather the occasional enemy attack to continue boosting him with the Love bonus and healing him.  If HP is the more efficient way to handle that, then I'm fine with it.  Be sure to turn off her Support Defense, though, and maybe have her hang back a bit when the boost from the love bonus isn't needed.

Puzzle Robo:
[spoiler]I doubt that the extra 100 damage of Sayaka's Melee will be enough to offset the loss of love bonus from moving away from Koji.  Have Mazinger move up behind Aphrodite and attack with Rust Hurricane (only move that can reach at all), and then have Aphrodite use her Missiles.  Make sure that Aphrodite doesn't Support Defend Mazinger.[/spoiler]

Decessor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2011, 09:27:52 PM »
Puzzle: doesn't rust hurricane have the best range?

Having Sayaka support defense seems a bit odd to say the least, especially when it's Mazinger she's taking the hits for. So less of that and more HP. I'd like to see swap on at least one battleship *if* it will get some use. Weapons if there's cash left.

Unbench Akatsuki.

Whoever's behind, gets the boosters.

Gundam Optimal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2011, 10:06:10 PM »
Rust Hurricane can't be used after moving, it doesn't have a (P) after its name. And Mazinger is currently 7 spaces away from the Batta.

This puzzle isn't as obvious as previous ones, theres a little trick to it.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2011, 10:57:16 PM »
So, how do we destroy that Batta?

In other decisions:

Are we happy with the Launcher Pack on the Strike? Going to continue to use it?

Are we still benching Akatsuki?

And are we going to try moving the boosters around a bit to let someone else, like the Layzners or Aestivalis Trio, get more speed and thus more XP? It worked well for Mazinger this time, less so for Sayaka.

Finally, choices for upgrades? Will we try helping Sayaka's survivability or call her a lost cause? Anyone else need a boost in your opinion?

Personally I like the launcher pack, though it really needs the pilot to have Hit and Away to function best.

Keep benching Captain Useless, he's just a drain on everyone else's XP.

Keep the boosters on Mazinger.

Judging by how much damage it took against Rau, increase Mazinger's Armour. [spoiler]The upgrades will transfer to Mazinkaiser anyway, which is a top tier super, so there's no loss.[/spoiler]

Ok... let's think about this Puzzle Robo...

[spoiler]Move Kouji next to Sayaka to give her the love bonus, then let her Boobie Missile it. Hopefully the love bonus will be enough to kill it off...[/spoiler]

And obviously, we must go back in time and kill Birdy.

:lmao

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2011, 11:46:27 PM »
Having Sayaka support defense seems a bit odd to say the least, especially when it's Mazinger she's taking the hits for. So less of that and more HP. I'd like to see swap on at least one battleship *if* it will get some use. Weapons if there's cash left.

The problem with Swap isn't that its useless, its that we won't have enough units on the roster that its usable until level 16 or 17. Until then the roster is managable so we can deploy all our units at once. So until then its not a big deal, I guess.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: June 10, 2011, 01:19:06 PM »
Re: Puzzle Robo
Hm; forgot about that.  In that case...
[spoiler]Assuming that no accelerating/range-increasing spirit commands are available, move the Mazinger forward; then, let Aphrodite use her Boobie Missiles, as Stealthyboy advised.  If it's possible, Support Offense with Mazinger's Rust Hurricane.  I really can see no other tricks available.  But then, my only strategy RPG direct experience is with Fire Emblem, which obviously is just a little different than SRW.  (That's how I was able to solve the last puzzle; I've often used two strong defensive characters to save an injured unit from a powerful enemy by manipulating their movement range.)[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2011, 01:17:57 AM »

You know, Athrun's pretty enthusiastic about the whole 'ditch his fiancee to go look for Kira' thing. The guy's got him for priorities alright. Kira alive and well > Fiancee possibly dying slowly of starvation in space.

Thats totally pathetic security though.

Also, was there anyone who watched SEED who didn't wish Flay would go jump out of an airlock or something at this point?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 01:20:11 AM by veekie »
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2011, 07:33:19 PM »
Special Update: Meet the Cast

Since not everyone knows all the characters, a quick rundown on what our cast and their robots look like in something other than squished-down-GBA-o-vision:

Calvina

Her theme: "Revenger"

Katina, Festenia and Melua

Looking very fancily dressed for people who've been prisoners of unknown wierdos for years.
Katias theme
Tenias theme
Meluas theme

The Bellzelute.

Akito and Yurika

Don't blame me for the eyes, blame Kia Asimaya.

The rest of the Nadesico people

The Nadesico

The Nadesicos theme

Some Aestivalises (Aestivalii?)

From left to right: Akatsukis, Akitos, Ryokos, Izumis and Hikarus. Akatsukis is using an Air frame, the rest appear to be in either Zero-G or Ground Frames, not qualified to tell the difference.
http://The Aestivalis theme

Combattler V

Getting better images of anyone but Hyoma and Chizuru would be difficult.
Combattlers theme

Kouji and Mazinger

Between the two is the Hover Pilder that Kouji rides and plugs into Mazingers head.
The theme used in this game
The classic theme

Sayaka

Other more flattering/less worksafe pics exist.

Aphrodite A

Eiji Asuka

Finding images of David, Roanne or any of the others from Layzner would be a trial.

Layzner, Baybull and Buldy

Their theme

Aki Kisaragi

Noal

Theme
I can't find any good images of the Blue Earth, sorry.

Kira Yamato

Yes I did go for the most emasculating picture possible, why do you ask?

Strike Gundam

Aile Strike

Sword Strike

Launcher Strike

Murrue

Lt. Badgeroll

The Archangel

Mu La Flaga

The Moebius Zero

The theme for all the SEED units

I could find images of Kiras friends, but frankly I don't care. Also with their uniforms on, they're all identical except for their hair and occasional boobs.

So, thats our heroes at least. Are there any people I've missed, like NPCs and enemy characters, you'd like to see in better detail?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 07:36:18 PM by Gundam Optimal »

OvermanXAN

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2011, 08:01:58 PM »
Are we happy with the Launcher Pack on the Strike? Going to continue to use it?
Yes, no, Use Sword Pack

Are we still benching Akatsuki?
Yes

And are we going to try moving the boosters around a bit to let someone else, like the Layzners or Aestivalis Trio, get more speed and thus more XP? It worked well for Mazinger this time, less so for Sayaka.
Move one onto either Layzner or David's mech

Finally, choices for upgrades? Will we try helping Sayaka's survivability or call her a lost cause? Anyone else need a boost in your opinion?
Sayaka's a lost cause. She's really only good as a repair slave. Upgrade Layzner or the Aestivalis trio.
This space for rent

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2011, 10:13:39 PM »
Part 9.1: Its so *hard* to not commit war crimes.

First the solution to that puzzle robo:

Can't hit the guy from here with Mazinger, so we try getting closer.

No option to shoot from here either. Lets see if the Love bonus is enough.

Nope! Its still alive. Ok, time to reset and show the actual solution.

Move Aphrodite one square closer to use its melee attack.

And now, because Sayaka isn't in the way anymore, Mazinger can get close enough to use a Rocket punch! Stay classy, Japan.

Onto upgrades, parts and modules, and there were a few dropped last level, so we have a bit of tidying to do.

Sayaka gets her HP boost, and Mazinger some armor, though I hold off on giving them more because of our other requests.

Namely, that the three Mints get something. I settle for one bar each of Mobility and Armor to help them with their Support Defending. That uses up all our funds for the evening.

I give Yurika a module for more SP, and move her Support Defense module onto Kouji so he can cover Sayaka and others.

The Counter Skill allows a defender to pre-empt an opposing attack with their own, allowing for the possibility of avoiding damage by killing ones enemy first. It relies on the Ability stat, but I wasn't in the mood to see who one our pilot list had the best Ability, so I gave it to Murrue since battleships always get attacked.

Mazinger, Archangel and the Strike get parts to help handle their EN usage, and prevent the need to recharge as often.

And the Mints get the boosters, Hikaru getting the apogee motor because the enemy seems to like targetting her the most.

Thats not really answering the question. It might work as an excuse, but it says nothing for how Kira actually is.

Flay is without regret.

Thanks a fucking lot Kuzzey. Goddamn, you are so useless. You don't even have any good spirit commands, just Luck. Why do we keep you around?

Why wouldn't they? You've been expositing it non-stop since it happened.

Natarle is saddened to find she can't solve all of lifes problems by threatening teenagers.

...I'm actually not sure that they say what Yurikas doing. I suppose they want to leave it up to our filthy imaginations.

Wait, so that was only part of the fleet that was massacred by ZAFT? It like the UEFA aren't even trying anymore!

Anyway, back to a plot point from quite a while ago:

"But he's on so much morphine-"
"I didn't say they had to be coherent answers, I just gotta fill certain answer quotas for my boss."

The young man wakes up and immediately leaps off the bed and grabs one of the Layzner girls.

Noal is perfectly willing to completely misremember things if it allows him to be more of an asshole.

...Interesting characterisation from the Layzner girls there.

Even the plot of this game likes the endless 'And then suddenly!' waves of enemies one after the other. Then again, this is the series that has specific music for when 20 new enemies come out of nowhere. Anyone who plays enough of OG or the Alpha series will learn to dread that theme.

"Restore your HP to full and then you're contractually obligated to do something reckless to stay on the ship."

Pulsepounding action!

And then he just falls over. Way to go, Mysterious Youth.

Well, no-one else will, and someone has to inflate Noals ego.

Aki heads to the Captain to relate the kids story.

Simple logic can overcome any lame Amnesia plot device!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2011, 11:04:16 PM »
Wait, why did his name change from "Mysterious Youth" to "Mysterious Boy"? Is he really androgynous-looking or something? ???
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: June 16, 2011, 04:55:15 AM »
He's neither androgynous nor really a boy. More like a man, being voiced by Kyosuke and stuff. I guess the name is there so they can call him D-Boy. That's Dangerous Boy for short.

Engrish? In my 90s anime?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2011, 10:01:46 AM »
He's neither androgynous nor really a boy. More like a man, being voiced by Kyosuke and stuff. I guess the name is there so they can call him D-Boy. That's Dangerous Boy for short.
Still doesn't explain why it switched within a scene. :p
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2011, 05:02:54 PM »
Part 9.2: Argue morality and realpolitick all you want, it means theres one less teen on the ship, so it counts as a win.

You mean the Nadesicos security is just as bad as the Archangels, so you can't keep one guy locked in a medical ward?

Kira, tired of taking orders from Murrue and Natarle, decides to follow Kouji and Hyomas orders instead.

"After all, theres all that Cyanide in your air tank to consider."
"Huh?"
"Hey, a guys gotta make sacrifices for his girl, know what I'm sayin'?"

"Without you, we have noone to whisper our ignorant rascist comments within earshot of!"

"We never leave a manchild behind!"

So? It not exactly like they've proven themselves much of a threat.

Technically Chizuru has to be in on it as well, since Combattler can't form without her having the same thought patterns as the 4 boys. But no-one else cares about Chizuru, why should Murrue?

See Kira? Making threats about little girls is the only option!

You're only realising this now?

"Mainly because they're all moe fans and they keep deserting their posts to jerk off whenever they see her."

How? He's still halfway across the map!

Not sure there thats an Ugh of disgust at the idea that they'd turn on the Archangel, or an Ugh of braindeadness.

Does anything phase this woman? Or did they programme in the Permanently Stoned genes of famous rockstars into her as well as that awesome voice?

Sayaka attempts to develop telekinesis in order to slap him across space.

With this, Athrun flies back to his ship with Lacus.

"In the biblical sense, I mean. If you know what I mean. And I mean in the bible it says Adam and Eve-"
"We get it Hyoma."

Dozens of ZAFT units spawn in on all sides.

Why are you surprised? Hyoma realised this would happen, and he needs 4 other people to help him steer his damned robot!

[mightymouse] Here I come to savethedaaaaayy![/mightymouse]

Again, not sure if Kira is just dissappointed at Mus reaction or having a stroke.

And then they warped away and everyone was fine.

Again we're faced with an argument which only makes sense if the debris field is actually mostly Junius 7 parts, which is something the game barely hints at when a lot of the SEED stuff kinda hinges on it logically. I realise you've got a lot of dialogue to edit but they should really make sure noones plot is misrepresented. Then again maybe they don't care so much about SEEDs plot either.

See? Even the villainous mastermind is confused!

And they head off without another word, leaving the job of redundant dialogue to the heroes.

And hundreds of super robot fans begin to weep.

She's a coordinator, we've repeatedly seen that Naturals have no clue how outmatched they are by them. Your expectations are probably nothing to her.

Yeah yeah, she's the Virgin Mary, all praise, etc etc.

You're jinxing us, fanboy!

Sure enough, alarms go off:

Welp, shooting spidercrabs, shooting ZAFT, same difference.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »
A shame we missed out on a moment of minor hilarity in that sequence, where when Athrun sees Lacus she appears to be pregnant.
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2011, 09:25:37 PM »
A shame we missed out on a moment of minor hilarity in that sequence, where when Athrun sees Lacus she appears to be pregnant.
The way things seem to be going he'd be more upset that Kira left him than Lacus being pregnant.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2011, 12:35:50 AM »

No, Kira, they're the Radam. Getter Robo Armageddon isn't in this game.  :p

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: June 17, 2011, 01:55:59 AM »
Hm.  Seems that I should have paid more attention to the terrain in the latest Puzzle Robo.  Good to know.  And truly, Noal is the greatest poet of our time.  It just figures that such brilliant material would fly right over the heads of most readers... :lol

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #178 on: June 17, 2011, 02:12:06 PM »
Part 9.3: Sound the Molest Alarm!

As before, first order of business is to pack Akatsuki away.

Seeing as we're surrounded, I spend the first turn getting everyone into their good old formation for the defense benefits, even though the enemy can't actually reach us this turn.

On my next turn, I start using higher-level guys to weaken the Radam before letting lower-level dudes get the kills.

Your average smorgasbord of violence as we soften them up. As before, Radam health regeneration means we have to finish them off on our turn or they'll easily have most of their health back.

This annoying bastard screwed Hikaru out of some nice XP.

Support attacks are becoming very handy for finishing off grunts in one move (Although its slightly annoying because I wanted a weak survivor for Eiji to kill).

Enemy turn and naturally, they flock to fight Combattler and die, though because they're using ranged attacks it soon runs out of ammo. A few head after Calvina, who has no shortage of ammo.

On the other flank, most go after the Archangel, which responds with it vast array of beams and missiles.

Per-hit damage isn't too extreme, so we shouldn't have to worry about the ship sinking, especially with Murrue killing the occasional enemy before it attacks thanks to Counter. The Radam seem to have low Ability, given how often we've been critting them.

Also, my ass does the Archangel have an Evasion Algorithm. "Bullets in face = bad" is not an algorithm, UEFA.

Soon, the slaughter of the enemy is enough to trigger an event:

Ruri sees a chance to raise the general IQ of the ship, and takes it.

And then...

You know, no. I'm not going to show you the shitty version from the game. Heres the actual transformation sequence, in its original glory.

But our friend Blade isn't the only new arrival:

Again, simple PC logic shows us the way.

"Of course I have no ranks in Sense Motive, but I have +30 in Self-Delusion, so it all works out!"

Blade shouts a lot. Its kinda his thing.

Checking Blades stats now that we control him, we see that he's a powerful little unit, with high mobility and Very Small size for dodging ability and good weapons, including a 4000 attack power final move which only needs 120 will. Impressive, even moreso than our other Real Robots.

He also has good starting spirits, which increase both dodging and tanking power. I use Wall this turn because he should be able to survive the first wave of the new Radam beasts with only a hit or two, and then fly him into the pack to wreak havoc.

Calvina leads the charge on the other flank, and despite her being Focused to the the point where they have next to no chance to hit, they swarm the Bellzelute anyway.

It doesn't go well for them.

One sneaky bastard shoots at the still-ammoless Combattler, and theres no repeat of last times miracle dodge, so Blue Earth has to take it. I could have Blue Earth reload the Combattler, but I feel better when I use it to repair David, who keeps getting hit this level.

More slaughter = more XP. Potential is a very useful skill even for a pilot that isn't planning to get hit in the first place, since it increases dodge change and defense to prevent future attacks killing you. So long as its not a shot that will kill you in one blow, sometimes letting yourself get hit and not healing it is a good option.

The Radam on the right fare no better against Blade.

All that O Rifling of the enemy has left the Bellzelute almost dry, so I fire off one last shot and move Calvina to the Blue Earth for recharge next turn, and let the Layzner Formation take the few survivors.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #179 on: June 17, 2011, 04:58:26 PM »
On Tekkaman's Voltekka...

There was a videogame character by the name of Pulseman who had an attack named after it, where he transformed into a ball of light and rammed into enemies. He was created by Game Freak, better known for one of their later works...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 05:00:06 PM by Prime32 »
My work