Author Topic: I HAVE FURY!!! Lets Play Super Robot Wars Judgement!  (Read 124805 times)

OvermanXAN

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: I HAVE FURY!!! Lets Play Super Robot Wars Judgement!
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2011, 07:37:12 PM »
Bench Akatsuki. Upgrade the Bell, the Blue Earth, and Layzner.
This space for rent

Gundam Optimal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2011, 12:05:19 AM »
Part 8.1: Girls in Refridgerators: Not just a problem in comics.

Lets get back to our Puzzle Robo, and try Stealthboy's solution.

...Oh dear.

Okay, no big loss, lets try Sucrose' version.

Muuuch better.

Our pilots are levelling up now and some of them need their stat points allocated. It can be hard to know just where to put some since almost all the stats are useful. Increasing Hit might seem pointless now, but we haven't yet seen the bosses who need it, and pumping a Real Robots defense might seem a bad move when dodging is the smarter option, but you must recall that support pilots like to Support Defend.
When I don't feel like optimising, I like to decide by putting point into stats that are close to a multiple of 10, to even things out.

Ability is a hard stat to know whether to pump since its always kinda useful, but not directly so. On its own, all it does is increase your chance for a critical hit and decrease the chance to suffer one, useful but not overpowering. However, in the right mech with the right equipment, its very handy as it improves the chance of your special defenses activating. I put this module on Kira because I couldn't think of anyone else who could use it better, but I should have checked for whose mech has Shoot Down and Sword Cut.

Another useful part dropped into our laps, an Apogee Motor which combines a Servo Motor with a Booster. I put this one on Kira because he's front and centre this mission, but there are other options, such as treating it as a third booster and swapping them onto the Layzner Formation or the Three Angels. Something to consider for next map?

The Nadesico gets priority for accuracy-boosting parts because it has no Spirit commands to boost it other than Scan, while the Archangel at least has Murrues Focus.

I give the Bellzelute one bar of Mobility and two each of HP and Armor, but even this modest upgrade eats up a lot of our funds. Theres just enough left to increase the Strikes dodge and improve the Blue Earth a touch.

The thing about ZAFT is that they're not wrong, per se. It is the UEFAs fault the war started and they are the ones forcing Kira to fight etc. The thing is, they're being kinda....genocidal about it. "The UEFA are assholes" is not a good excuse to remove all nuclear power from earth and cause thousands to freeze to death over the winter due to power shortages. Nor is it an excuse to blow up Heliopolis. ZAFT have a point, but they refuse to be any better than their foe.

Dun dun dun.

1) Why are you holding a memorial service 7 months after a disaster as opposed to, say, one year or 6 months later?
2) Why are you holding a memorial service in the middle of the war, at a location that is not your extremely safe HQ that has an adjoining Remembrance Garden?
3) Why are you holding a memorial service in the middle of a non-descript pile of trash orbitting the earth, as opposed to one of the Lagrange point where I presume Junius 7 would have been? Is this specifically the pile of debris left by Junius 7, or where the Junius 7 remains drifted to? If so, its not brought up, in fact its implied this rubbish is mainly wrecked spaceships. What is the significance of this trashheap that you sent a major political figure there in the middle of a war when your forces are tracking dangerous enemy units through the same area?

Goddammit, SEED, I don't ask for much. A little thought about your bullshit coincidences isn't that hard to ask, is it?

...Classy, Rau.

Anyway, on to our heroes digging through the trashpile:

No. Fuck you, Hyoma, I'm not doing this. I marked Gaogaigar down for shoehorning enviromental issues in at the start and the end, you sure as hell don't get away with it.

And its in fucking space! Theres infinite fucking room to throw our trash around if we want to!! Sure, you have to make sure you fling it hard enough in the right direction, but other than that, theres no possible way you can compare a cloud of space wreckage with landfill!

And need I remind you that it doesn't make sense for this to be manmade?! This debris field only makes sense if its made solely of ruined colonies and space fleets, which you imply later on is the case...So why complain about sustainability? Its the mark of war, not mankinds inability to clean up after themselves! End the fucking war and set up the relief efforts, and if they don't get around to it in a few years, THEN complain! Jesus...

How long has it been, a few days? How are we using up supplies that quickly? The Nadesico presumably had enough to last it for the trip to Mars and the journery back, so it should still have 50% of its stores regardless. Are their delicious foodstuffs just not compatible with UEFA stomachs or something?

You're such a barrel of sunshine, Calvina.

"I just fly robots and kill people for the hell of it."

This almost-characterisation is interrupted by Kira doing what he does best: Adding more annoying characters to the mix.

David hungers for more fangirls.

[Cue canned laughter]

Wait, his names Murdoch? I didn't notice that before...Guess I can make A-Team jokes now!

And then, with a burst of rainbows and joyous song from the heavens:

Are you saying the pink robot beachball is wrong, Murrue? Are you really sure you want to disagree with it?

Oh, smurf me...

Yes, Natarle, thats what he said. I know its hard to listen to Akatsuki sometimes, but basic english japanese shouldn't be that hard for you yet.

So? They obviously gave her more Princess genes, not that difficult in this world of made-up science.

Of course, there was only one pod on the entire ship. Because sense? In our SEED spaceships? Not bloody likely.

Bullshit! The UEFA would never have the resources to take one a ZAFT ship and win without apocalyptic casualties!

Good question. Whats your answer princes-

....Or the game can cut to random bullshit. 'Kay.

They bitch for a while about the Archangel not being a five-star hotel with a warship attached like the Nadesico is, then Kiras friends come along to chat, who can't beleive all the people their own age flying robots.

Wait wha-

At this point I'm surprised someone hasn't accidentally set the self-destruct trying to get the coffee machine to work in there.

Silly Lacus, thinking Flay cares what you have to say.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2011, 10:31:42 AM »
No. Fuck you, Hyoma, I'm not doing this. I marked Gaogaigar down for shoehorning enviromental issues in at the start and the end, you sure as hell don't get away with it.

And its in fucking space! Theres infinite fucking room to throw our trash around if we want to!! Sure, you have to make sure you fling it hard enough in the right direction, but other than that, theres no possible way you can compare a cloud of space wreckage with landfill!

And need I remind you that it doesn't make sense for this to be manmade?! This debris field only makes sense if its made solely of ruined colonies and space fleets, which you imply later on is the case...So why complain about sustainability? Its the mark of war, not mankinds inability to clean up after themselves! End the fucking war and set up the relief efforts, and if they don't get around to it in a few years, THEN complain! Jesus...
Never seen Planetes? NASA is already nervous about the amount of space debris - if it keeps colliding and breaking up into smaller pieces then there'll basically be a layer of bullets around the earth preventing the launch of anything into space. Heck, even a fleck of paint can destroy windows at those speeds.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2011, 10:48:45 AM »
I'm well aware of the issues of space debris, and I do recognise that this amount of debris would be an issue for space travel. But they don't talk about it in that way in the game, they just go 'Trash is Bad' without any qualifying statements. And thats what gets me. Environmentalism is an important and complex issue, and I hate to see it reduced to a few absolute platitudes and applied to all situations.

And frankly, as I said before, this debris field doesn't make a lot of sense because theres no lagrange point or gravitational attractor to help form it, so in reality this stuff would be flying around earths orbit and hitting spaceships. Yet another reason why you don't throw it away, and put it in a hollowed-out asteroid instead. But no, the writers needed a manmade debris field so they shoehorned one in and tossed in an environmental message without thinking.

A debris field made from the wreckage of warring fleets that hadn't scattered yet? The ruins of two colonies forced to collide? That would have made sense in the setting and done the same job. It would have been trivial to do this right, yet it was done wrong. Thats what I'm complaining about.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2011, 01:25:11 PM »
Re: Puzzle Robo- Booyah. :D

Re this:

'Bullshit! The UEFA would never have the resources to take one a ZAFT ship and win without apocalyptic casualties!'

:) :D :lmao

I know that calling the UEFA on their massive, massive incompetence is a running gag here, but this was just a perfect summation of it.  Bravo. :clap

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2011, 04:57:41 PM »
Part 8.2: Today, on a very special episode of SRWJ...

"You're trying to steal our jobs and our women!"
"But you're a 15-year-old community college student, you wouldn't have either anyway..."
"Exactly!! And you know why? Coordinators!!"

Of course she's not racist against Kira because he has a penis.

"Yeah, sorry for being your genetic superior!!"

....Doesn't have the same ring to it as 'Sorry for being black'.

"I'm not in the KKK, I just agree with everything they say. Also, making people better is wrong because."

Huh. I suppose this is likely true, but somehow Martians are never called Coordinators in the game. In fact I think only one non-SEED character is called a Coordinator, when taking the step of making half the cast Coordinators and still work together would have really brought home the idea of both sides being the same. But then I assume Flay would have spontaneously combusted as soon as she showed up.

"Wait, shouldn't she apologise to Lacus, the person she actually insulted?"
"What? No, fuck that bitch! She has to apologise to Kira, he's our precious friend."

No offense Kuzzey, but I really, really don't think you can make things worse.

David and Roanne give a pep talk about how Eiji trained them to pilot, then they spend 5 minutes convincing themselves to do it.

You don't make ensign until you've sent at least 30 non-comms to their deaths.

"I like rap music!! I know about the Dawgs and Hos and the thing!"

Its hard not to be a little rascist when you regularly share body fluids with Flay.

Anyway, back to the people who don't have hormones as an excuse for being stupid:

"I have levels in Cleric for the domain bonus feats, I can't afford to change alignment!"

Thats a blatant lie. His opinion is 'This could turn out to be good for us', but you don't have an optimistic bone in your body.

She's 15 in an anime universe, she's practically due her mid-life crisis!

The UEFA were dicks! Its a depressingly simple answer.

I'd say good riddance, but I'll miss Mu and Murrue, I suppose.

Yes, because Sai summoned him out of the air with his not-Coordinator-ness.

Actually, why is the Foreign Secretary coming on this dangerous mission to recover superweapons from pursuing enemies? Shouldn't he be back at home arguing with neutral countries that the destruction of Heliopolis means they're next on ZAFTS list unless they support the UEFA? Are we meant to believe he did something stupid like abandon his very important job keeping the Federations dwindling respect with other countries intact to take up space on the fleet looking for his daughter? The one who, as far as they would have known at the time, should have been on a lifepod? Are we meant to beleive they heard she was on the Archangel, and he actually made the relief fleet wait, probably for most of a day, for him to be shuttled from the Federation capital and onto the flagship?

I can see why SRW games are considered advertisements for the plot of their respective series, because they don't make much sense otherwise. Though given SEEDs reputation I'll assume it didn't make sense there either.

...Hold on, isn't Earths atmosphere full of Radam beasts, making shuttling up from the surface nearly impossible? Wouldn't that mean Mr. Allster had to be in space already? Why would the Foreign Secretary of the Federation be in space during a space war?

"Thats Face's job."

Inevitably:

A 7-year-old with a wooden spoon would probably be too much for the UEFA to handle, but point taken.

You can't disagree with a little girl using science in an anime.

Thats an inconsistent statement right there: You just said your top priority is getting the Strike to HQ, if fighting a battle was the best way of doing that, then that would be what you should do. But its double inconsistent because you just changed your mission to meet up with the fleet because that was the best way to get it to HQ. So yes, you are just being a bitch Badgirl.

Yes, she does, because Danger = XP.

...Going on her record? What, are you her schoolteacher now?

And wouldn't all her actions be recorded on the ships log anyway? Whats the point of the threat if everything is recorded anyway?

Kira is tired of arguing with Flay and agrees to commit genocide just to shut her up. This is probably how most war crimes happen.

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2011, 06:05:56 PM »
Wow, Flay. Just Flay. What a bitch - let's hope she gets better in time.

[spoiler]A ha ha, of course she doesn't! Unless by "better" you mean "dead".[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2011, 06:25:40 PM »
It's funny in the dub because Lacus obviously has a different (older-sounding) VA while singing. :p Only in Destiny does it stop sounding like there are two Lacuses.

Yes, I know.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2011, 06:54:50 PM »
You know, I wonder why the escape pods don't at least have basic chemical propulsion and some way to see where they're going. If you're in an escape pod, in space, and nobody knows you're there, its just a slow, floaty tomb. If you're operating in Near Earth Orbit its probably not too hard to make your escape pods survivable for single reentries and put an autopilot to deorbit them.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2011, 07:21:58 PM »
Don't bring logic into Gundam SEED!

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2011, 10:14:34 PM »
Don't bring logic into Gundam SEED!

Of course, that could easily be changed to "Don't bring logic into mecha in general"

:p

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2011, 10:18:16 PM »
Nah, the difference between a well-written and a poorly-written Real Robot series is that the former holds itself together and is consistent once some basic assumptions are made - usually "humanoid giant machines are an effective tool of war" and "teenagers make good mecha pilots". Suspension of disbelief.

Super Robot series, of course, don't give a shit about any of that.

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2011, 10:44:56 PM »
Part 8.3: Junkyward Wars IIIIINNN SPAAAAAACCCCEEEE!!!!

We enter the level proper, and the presence of all the debris previously mentioned is fairly obvious. No cloud of paint chips, this is a stormcloud of metal.

"Every faceless generic ZAFT soldier is our precious friend!"

"Yes, let us mock their intelligence while we fight them with guns and our twitch reflexes."

"I own your ass, white boy! Now have fun, I'll bake cookies when you get back!"

A little more pointless dialogue and we deploy. First order of business:

Back in the box, Akatsuki.

The new bridge crew of the Archangel aren't just for show, they give the ship even more sets of spirit commands than the Nadesico.

Of particular use is Tolle, who gives Accel and Alert, and later the Assault command so the ship can fire its main guns on the move. He's by far the most useful for making the ship a combat vessel, even though Mirallia is best at support.
[spoiler]Which is why it hurts so much when Tolle gets killed pointlessly later on.[/spoiler]

I form the guys up into their usual formations: Nadesico with Aestis, Archangel with Kira and Mu, Kouji and Sayaka, and the Layzner Guys, with Calvina hanging with Layzner, and Combattler and Blue Earth as an unofficial group. As we advance, the various clouds of wreckage slow us down, and the SEED guys, who auto-deployed at the front of the first cloud, are well ahead of the rest as the enemy approach.

I forgot to cast focus on Kira, thinking the new upgrades and friend and cover bonuses would be enough, but straight away Mu has to jump in to save his ass.

The Archangel, conversely, dodges just fine thanks to Tolle's Alert, and delivers the pain.

The Strike shows that its a lot less invunerable in a balanced setting than it was in its anime. Still, not a huge loss, a mere boo-boo the repair units can patch up. Its annoying that the Agni can't one-shot guys with all the defense bonuses they get, but this way our other units get the XP.

Again, they try using Ion Cannons. Theres just no point, guys...

Ok, our turn, time for our lower-XP dudes to reap the harvest the SEED guys sowed.

Don't want to overuse the Agni when we don't need to, we haven't upgraded EN on the Strike yet.

A demonstration of the massive range of Mus Wirebarrels. Even with their Ion Cannons the enemy can't respond to that.

I deploy Combattler a bit far forward this time because I wanted to weaken an enemy, and the remainder focus in on it as usual.

The two Gundams and Miguel close in, and despite the percentages being a bit iffy, Combattler manages to survive and hit back.

Combattler heals up and goes after Yzak too, and gets basically the same treatment. Oh well, something to keep Roanne and Blue Earth busy.

Kouji, starved for XP until now, gets a big boost by shooting down Miguel. Then, we focus on the Buster Gundam, with the Nadesico softening it up, and Kira finishing him.

Can't forget to punch us a battleship.

Hikaru's Luck makes her the best choice to finish it off, and she nets us a cool 13K.

Izumi and Ryoko have to catch up to her, and take potshots at the remaining enemies, including Yzak.

Enemy turn, and the grunts die pointlessly as usual, while Yzak goes apeshit with his beam saber. On our turn, We respond in kind, and end this part of the fight.

No, he mumbled 'whatever' and ran into the cockpit of the war machine he hates using and launched himself into space.

...Wow. It sounds like Badgirl is happy that hundreds of EUFA personnel and an entire fleet that was meant to help them are gone, because it proves her....correct to be pessimistic? Goddamn, we've got 99 problems and they're all caused by two bitches.

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2011, 10:53:53 PM »
Well, that definitely didn't do marvels for Flay's mental well-being. Like if we needed another psycho on board...

Anyway, remember to use beam weapons on SEED Gundams, because they have Phase Shift Armor. Just like in my LP, what a coincidence.

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2011, 11:07:55 PM »
Well, that definitely didn't do marvels for Flay's mental well-being. Like if we needed another psycho on board...

Anyway, remember to use beam weapons on SEED Gundams, because they have Phase Shift Armor. Just like in my LP, what a coincidence.

I would if I had the right people. Its all very well for the SEED and Layzner people, but right now most of the work is done by Combattler and the Aestis, who lack beam weapons for the most part. They have workarounds, but the Aestis don't get theirs till later. As with many things in SRW, the issue is figuring out who shoots what.

Nerd-o-rama

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2011, 11:31:15 AM »
I'm well aware of the issues of space debris, and I do recognise that this amount of debris would be an issue for space travel. But they don't talk about it in that way in the game, they just go 'Trash is Bad' without any qualifying statements. And thats what gets me. Environmentalism is an important and complex issue, and I hate to see it reduced to a few absolute platitudes and applied to all situations.

And frankly, as I said before, this debris field doesn't make a lot of sense because theres no lagrange point or gravitational attractor to help form it, so in reality this stuff would be flying around earths orbit and hitting spaceships. Yet another reason why you don't throw it away, and put it in a hollowed-out asteroid instead. But no, the writers needed a manmade debris field so they shoehorned one in and tossed in an environmental message without thinking.

A debris field made from the wreckage of warring fleets that hadn't scattered yet? The ruins of two colonies forced to collide? That would have made sense in the setting and done the same job. It would have been trivial to do this right, yet it was done wrong. Thats what I'm complaining about.

If it helps, I haven't seen the show but I am positive that this debris field is specifically part of the remains of Junius 7, specifically specifically parts that had drifted into the general belt of junk that forms in orbit.  Now, SEED Destiny showed that the bulk of the colony still existed elsewhere, but they hadn't invented that yet.

Also: Natarle is never happy.  Continue taking SEED routes and you will learn this.

Hey, wandering around wikipedia got me a map!

...a bullshit map, I think, but still a map.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:33:17 AM by Nerd-o-rama »

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2011, 12:00:32 PM »
Part 8.4: Heroism is for other people.

Sure enough, more of the Redcoats and their disposable mooks show up:

So yeah, so much for his impending marraige. Guess he just doesn't want to be married to the most beautiful girl in space or something. Imagine that...

Anyway, still our turn, so we move our guys in. And because of positioning, Mazinger is up first:

Doing well, and this is before Mazinpower activates for once.

I don't think I even needed focus here, Ion Cannons are just that innaccurate.

All the debris and the need to keep formation means Mazinger team and Calvina are the closest to the front and right flanks of the enemy, although the left flank are up first, and seem more interested in the Archangel.

One guy goes for the Archangel to no effect, but is saved by his cover.

This guy did not have cover. He died.

The enemy on the other flank seem to focus on Sayaka, who is a little protected with Alert and Support Defense, but is now looking vunerable. Not helped by her insistence on shielding Kouji from attacks his Mazinger would barely feel.

Kouji continues to kick tail, and levels up. His increasing Potential skill means he's going to be even tougher at low health, although if we decided not to heal him, Sayaka wouldn't really have anything to do....

As the last of the grunts die, it seems everyone is learning Support skills, making our current tactics of bunching together even better, even if it does slow us. Not that letting the enemy come to you is a bad idea, its just not my usual style.

As before, Calvina blasts Creuset from extreme range, but its only to soften him up really.

I probably shouldn't let Calvina block shots at Mazinger, but its so easy to forget.

Out of dick missiles, Combattler can't do much about the long-range enemy fire. Rather than just defending and have Blue Earth support defend anyway, I try evading...And it works! Is there anything Combattler can't do?

Sayaka comes perilously close to being shot down. Does Kouji lift a finger to help? Does he hell. Support Defend is a womanly skill for girls and old grannies. Real Men learn Prevail and then never get damaged!

Well, at least until Creuset takes a shot at him.

Right, we finish off everyone but Creuset and the ZAFT ship. We can only get one before the next event triggers, and the ZAFT ship is far off while Creuset is right in our faces. I could try kiting the ship next to Rau and set up a Map attack, but screw that. I load up Ryoko with Yurikas Cheer and Katias Bless, and let the Angel unleash their ultimate attack.

Something rocks the Archangel.

Nice enhanced awareness and ability to multitask there, Kira.

When a super robot hero is telling you to use your head, its time to hand in your brain.

Badgirls not going to take an insult from a woman who barely knows how to use a gun, and takes action:

Don't be silly, Ruri. If we were the villains, we'd be dying in droves.

You're right there!! In front of the bridge!! Call their bluff! Shoot Natarle! Take the ship apart with your freaky impractical weapons and find Lacus! You have options, y'know!
I mean, its not like Natarle is towering over Lacus with a gun pointed into each ear and a orgasmic look of glee on her face. Although its not a mental image I have much trouble conjuring up.

They leave in a huff.

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2011, 12:28:12 PM »

If it helps, I haven't seen the show but I am positive that this debris field is specifically part of the remains of Junius 7, specifically specifically parts that had drifted into the general belt of junk that forms in orbit.  Now, SEED Destiny showed that the bulk of the colony still existed elsewhere, but they hadn't invented that yet.

Also: Natarle is never happy.  Continue taking SEED routes and you will learn this.

Hey, wandering around wikipedia got me a map!

...a bullshit map, I think, but still a map.

Huh. An interesting map if nothing else. Implying that theres nothing at L1...Odd. And that is a sizable debris belt indeed...More than a little bit of a Navigation hazard.

....Wait a minute, wasn't the whole point of going through the Debris belt to make it unclear whether they were going to Earth or the moon? If they started at L3 directly opposite of the moon....Gah.

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2011, 01:04:53 PM »
Part 8.5: Roleplaying XP all round!

Some of the UEFAs soldiers survive to become POWs? This is intolerable! Command must be notified at once and the POW camps carpetbombed!

Except Flay, who's got both guns loaded and is practising her Orgasmic Glee face.

Nah, we don't have Zeorymer yet.

I sympathise with the idealistic young pilots, but they're just repeating themselves now. I do realise that Akatsuki's permasmug face is annoying, but you're letting him win the debate by not using any new points.

The Iraq War happened! Move On! We have to focus on our real job, avenging 9/11!

Didn't Akatsuki just say that?

I can't beleive your angry face is the exact same as your happy face, but there you go.

A VERY GOOD QUESTION.

Mu ends the conversation and tries desperately to escape the Adolescence Zone.

Sai is unable to raise his voice at his boobs supply.

Because we didn't even get close enough for it to spawn on the map? Space is big, y'know.

Theres enough unlogic there to cause a person physical pain.

As evidenced by Kira being reduced to bitch tears. Its okay baby, let it all out...

So apparently UEFA security on their brand new vessel is so shitty that a toy robot made by a teenager as a present to his arranged fiancee can hack the locks. Well done.

Not sure which of these is better. Haro is annoying, but Birdy makes Kira cry, which is even more annoying.

And with that, er, sage wisdom, the level is over. On to Puzzle Robo:

We have Mazinger and Aphrodite A on the other side of the river from a Batta. Neither have Support Attack but they do have their Love Bonus.

Mazingers movement and attack ranges.

Sayakas movement and attack ranges.

So, how do we destroy that Batta?

In other decisions:

Are we happy with the Launcher Pack on the Strike? Going to continue to use it?

Are we still benching Akatsuki?

And are we going to try moving the boosters around a bit to let someone else, like the Layzners or Aestivalis Trio, get more speed and thus more XP? It worked well for Mazinger this time, less so for Sayaka.

Finally, choices for upgrades? Will we try helping Sayaka's survivability or call her a lost cause? Anyone else need a boost in your opinion?

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2011, 02:17:40 PM »
If you want to boost Sayaka's survivability, give her a few dots of HP, not armor. She's not really that good defensively.

And obviously, we must go back in time and kill Birdy.