Author Topic: I HAVE FURY!!! Lets Play Super Robot Wars Judgement!  (Read 124801 times)

Gundam Optimal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: I HAVE FURY!!! Lets Play Super Robot Wars Judgement!
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2011, 12:17:21 AM »
Part 7.1: And now, kids being forced to be soldiers. Well done, UEFA.

The answer to the Puzzle Robo is to have Roanne use his main weapon on the enemy in the asteroids, rather than the one on the colony with greater defense or the one thats too close for the big gun. Problem solved, and an accuracy boosting Module that I'll give to Murrue.

The votes over which Strike Pack to use were tied, so I decided to err on the side of showing off more content and selected the Launcher pack, and put all the Nadesico crew in Zero-G frames.

A little extra Energy and Mobility for the Strike, and, well, I was ordered to give Akatsuki armor even though we're supposed to be punishing him. I don't spend everything because I haven't been given any directions where to send it, so we'll have a fair chunk after this mission.

I was ordered to put the HE Radar on someone who's behind on XP, and Kouji definitely fits the bill for that. I also notice I've picked up a second booster, so I give it to him and give Combattlers to Sayaka, so the pair aren't broken up and Combattler won't quite be at the front of the charge.

And on with the show.

....Aren't you still being in the middle of a space battle? Never mind whether he can sleep, how is he getting the time?

....You didn't know that? Wouldn't it have been immediately obvious from the way he's better than you in every way and how he rewrites the OS of every piece of technology he comes across for the hell of it?

We'd all like to forget Kira, but we don't get that option.

Next is a scene of the Nadesico crew restating their situation, lamenting that they have to help the UEFA now, and saying they can't fix the Archangels problems. And frankly, I don't think anyone could fix the problems of a UEFA ship full of angsty teens.

Anyway, its not relevant or funny or insightful, so moving on:

No seriously, how is it that the ship is completely intact yet 90% of its crew seem to be dead? Did ZAFT specifically target the crew at their most vunerable moments off the ship? Why did they leave the ship if they were on a secret mission to pick up the Gundams? Did ZAFT use chemical weapons or some other method of killing the crew but not harming the ship? Or is this just a plot contrivance because the audience needs relatable protagonists and apparently can't relate to military professionals?

So what? Everyone should be Naturals using shitty UEFA tech and dying according to UEFA minimum casualty guidelines? Theres a reason you had to outsource your superweapon construction to Morgenroete, you know.

I should point out that Eiji has a Gradosian name, which I believe is 'Alberto Null', but his father (Japanese, naturally) gave him an earth name. I don't think anyone uses his Gradosian name, even Gradosians, even his Gradosian family, I only know it because his full name is given on his pilot stats.

And who's fault is that?

"There are no aliens in Earth Sphere. Our glorious meatshields have slaughtered them in their millions in Earth's name."

Lines like this really ram home just how ill-timed this whole ZAFT conflict was, when you had an ongoing conflict already in full swing which was kicking the UEFAs ass, and now apparently those were just 'battles' and this shit with the Coordinators is the real war.

Character problems, you say? I recall that being the excuse given for the Nadesico crew, and we all know they're a pack of PCs. And yeah, Perfect piloting stats coupled with dozens of crippling character flaws and a backstory of sticking it to the UEFA and having tragedy strike you at every turn? Sounds real PC to me.
Then again, given the survival rate of the average UEFA pilot, a monkey who's practised on Afterburner for a few hours could probably get perfect test scores by their metric.

"No way I'm pissing off the only other girl at the table who's available. Gotta keep all options open."

"It uses Linux now! Linux!! It might as well be piloted by reading swahili!"

I like Mu, he's at least a realist, which is something we see little of in this game.

So they go to get Kira suited up for the next sortie:

Who's this 'we'? You're the one they're asking to pilot the death-robot, and your little cheering squad haven't done anything to date.

...How are they cowards exactly? Morons perhaps, but they haven't done anything cowardly, except maybe stay inside the colony instead of being shot to hell by the enemy.

Anyway apparently Murrues response in the negative isn't important, as we jump to the Nadesico:

What exactly counts as heavy bombing in a world without nukes? Chemical explosives would literally only work inside the colony, but would they be able to cut through the many meters of steel and artifical land that makes up the colony's walls? You'd need special penetrating bombs that detonated inside the toughest materials to stand a chance, which would make them basically useless for anything BUT taking out colonies and asteroids. They certainly wouldn't help smoke out two comparativley tiny ships hiding in the artificial mountains.

So either the ZAFT forces came equipped specifically for destroying this nuetral, or the writers had no idea how space bombs work.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2011, 04:24:47 AM »
Well, explosives meant for use in space usually carry their own oxidizer, and the most common would be repurposed mining bombs I guess. Though even those would have trouble getting enough yield to do more than superficial damage to a colony like that.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2011, 10:31:17 AM »
CE's colonies are so fragile, you could punch a hole in one just by sneezing too loudly. It's even worse than UC, where you needed at least a mobile suit explosion (read: a small-yield nuke).

And oh boy, does the SEED drama begin. Expect whining to come from different directions for a few missions. Then the characters man up, somewhat. Or... woman up, in some cases.

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2011, 01:59:53 PM »
Part 7.2: Obviously the best way to stop the enemy destroying the colony is to destroy it ourselves first!

Yes, yes, you're a nihilistic snark who doesn't have any illusions about how the world works, etc etc. Can you at least stop looking so smug when you talk like that?

This should be our motto for meeting all our enemies from now on.

New rule: No-one listen to Badgirl.

New rule: DOUBLE no-one listen to Badgirl.

Just a quick reminder that the bad guys are evil. Though, we will be coming back to this point later.

"EXACTLY."
"...That doesn't make any se-"
"EXACTLY."

One might question why they didn't do that in the first place. The answer to that is that Kira needed his beauty sleep.

Damage with no game effect, thankfully.

Whoops.

I don't either, but you can't argue with results.

"Once I'm back you can die all you like."

Glad you could join us, sleepyhead.

Luckily the battle requirements don't specify that any of our dudes have to live, but that the two ships have to stay airborne.

As you may have noticed, the tech from the Archangel overrode my Pack choice and gave Strike the Aile pack, which is a bit of a dick move.

So we load the Strike onto the Archangel and choose to exchange packs. There might be a 20-point difference in mobility, but we'll compensate with lasery death.

Also, as punishment for getting shot down last time, and for being Akatsuki, Akatsuki is herded back onto the Nadesico to sit the fight out.

(This kinda means he's going to suck worse for later battles, but its not a huge issue since I don't think he's ever a required deployment. And its not hard for a unit to catch up thanks to SRWs XP system.)

Turn 2, and the Archangel moves up and ends its turn well short of the enemy. But we can still select it, and use the spirits of the loaded Strike, and then launch it into the fray. A VERY handy ability that I'd wished I could do in other games.

We end with Strike, Bellzelute, and the Mazinger Team just behind Mu's Mobius Zero. and what do the Enemy do?

They charge at Mu even though with Focus he's unhittable by their weapons, and get nothing but bloodied noses for their trouble.

One targets Aphrodite, and gets in a hit, but Sayaka returns it. The Aphrodite isnt a bad unit because it's weak, it does as much damage with boobie missiles as the Mobius does with its wirebarrels or Layzner with its punches, its a bad unit because it can't dodge or tank and if the enemy attack it in earnest it has no survival options.Luckily only one enemy shoots her, the rest are apparently gentlemen.

The enemy squadron continues to be pounded by Mu, but theres a hitch: He soon runs out of energy for his Wirebarrels, reducing him to his railgun, which has pitiful range. Soon he's reduced to just dodging.

So on our turn, we pull him back and let the Blue Earth recharge him, allowing our other units to finish off all the units he weakened and letting Noal and Aki get a big XP boost.

The Nadesico team finally get in on the action they missed last turn. Having Combattler lag slightly behind does make a difference.

Sayaka gets some measure of revenge, and gets in position to back up Kouji.

Demonstrating the dodge different between being next to Sayaka and not. It is noticable.

Mazinger leaves them busted up, with a scratch as payment.

[spoiler]

As I put the cursor over the Archangel to move it, we see Kira highlighted with a friendship circle, and Mu with a heart. Seems Murrue appreciates him quite a bit...
[/spoiler]

Nadesico shoots down a straggler, and this gives us a warning that the next wave is coming.

Kira shoots down an enemy with the Gun Launcher, which unfortunately, does not shoot guns, only missiles.

And Calvina kills someone, then moves forward in anticipation of enemy reinforcements.

The game kindly reminds us when we try to end our turn that Akatsuki is still in the Nadesicos hangar playing poker, as if we care.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2011, 08:02:29 PM »
Part 7.3: The Dice hate us.

The enemies begin targetting Mazinger, who takes the beating with style and, thanks to the range added by the HE Radar, can give it back wholesale. It burns up a lot of energy, though, because I'm too lazy to tell him to use less intensive attacks.

Eventually we kill enough of them, and...

Uh...Bullshit, theres three of them left and they're closest to the Nadesico. At least spawn in a dozen enemies all around the ship first if you're going to have people say things like that. Don't pretend you're too good for that kind of trick.

Whats eating him? Kouji, thats not how you goddamn introduce yourself!!

"Hey, are you Kouji? I hear you're Japanese, thats something alright. I dunno why you're fighting for the white man, but I'm glad you're on our side!!"

How would you like someone introducing themselves like that?

"Boy....not want fight? That Not-thinkable!!"

Finally, the enemy reinforcements arrive.

Obviously they patched them to that the usual weeks of reverse engineering and essential maintenance weren't needed.

We shouldn't worry, we'll get enough cool units to do anybody.

Athrun charges right up to the Strike, apparently with no-one attempting to stop him.

He just told you....

"Obviously all Naturals everywhere were in on it!!"

YES. I should think thats been painfully obvious since the start of this conversation.

"Unless by some happenstance all my friends ended up on a ZAFT ship that was being attacked by genocidal UEFA, but this plot plans to take different unlikely directions."

"D-do I have to ask permission first? What do I do if you say no? I don't want to appear forward..."

Athrun flies back to his starting position, again without anyone trying to stop him, and the objective changes to shooting down the stolen Gundams. Not that we won't kill everything else as well, it'd be remiss of us not to.

The enemy turn continues, with Kouji gaining a long-overdue level, and the Nadesico getting some action. The Nadesico formation is unwieldy, but very useful.

Kira is targetted and finally gets to use the big gun we were talking about.

The second wave begin their attack, and start focusing in on Bellzelute.

Calvina begins taking hits, but gives them back...

Another accurate melee attack leaves her in danger, though she returns it as best she can...

Another hit, and she's down. Calvina and Katia have to eject, and the Bellzelute has to be recovered for emergency repair after the fight.

The rest of the enemy turn is uneventful, but they're getting closer, which means vengeance won't be long coming.

Now that Kouji has Wall, we actually have a reason to spend his spirit points. He braces for the next blow and then charges at an enemy battleship.

That went well, but the damage wasn't stellar. Mazinpower didn't activate until after combat.

Stop stealing Heeros lines, Miguel.

Akito finished Miguel off for Great Justice, and a level.

Mu and Roanne team up to get one of the new arrivals, and Mu levels up. His Potential ability, upping his stats at low health, could be very useful.

Not even an ominous eye flash can counter Chizurus Alert command.

Calvina weakened all those guys, and Davids only too happy to take advantage of that.

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2011, 02:34:07 AM »
Part 7.4: The code numbers are so we can talking about them without saying 'Gundam' and immediately dying.

The Layzner formation get stuck in on the damaged enemies, while the Archangel bathes us all in sterilising radiation just to get one guy.

The Launcher Pack isn't the most manuverable version of the Strike, but with Focus on its still pretty good. The way the cannon blast looks just like the Archangels positron cannon worries me, because I know it gets used inside atmosphere in the anime and thats a bad place to use antimatter, but the Gundam wiki just lists it as an 'Impulse cannon', so apparently its just a coincidence.

On the enemies turn, most of them fly straight at the Archangel, which takes their shots well enough (The first one was stopped with Wall) and wipes them out with its Anti-air turrets. Igelstellung means 'hedgehog position', according to online translators. The Archangel is loaded with Gratuitous German weaponry, which raises the question why it has an english name.

Look at Natarle, proclaiming the ship doomed when its at 2/3 health. Goddamn, she just doesn't want to appear relatable or competent, does she?

Enough of the enemy die on the Hedgehog Guns to get Murrue to level 9 and Badgirl to 8. Its fairly easy to give a battleship XP, just leave it practically anywhere and the Enemies will rush it and die. Meanwhile, many of our Real Robot pilots are stuck at level 6 because the enemy doesn't think they'll kill them messily enough.

The enemy finish out the turn with something unexpected: A Map Attack. Thankfully, damage is minimal.

Wall is so useful with barriers. Thanks Jun, others might call you useless but you're too good at keeping Nadesico healthy for me to think that.

Mazinger pulls back for a recharge and repair from Sayaka and Blue Earth, leaving the dangerous work of killing the enemy ships to the Nadesico squadron. Also Sayaka gets Support Defense, which means she'll be better at looking after Kouji, but also means Aphrodite will be getting beat up more.

Anyway, Time for the Aestivalis to do their work. Which they do well.

The girls have enough energy to pull off three Formation attacks a turn, but getting the will and position to do the stronger Melee Formation attacks is difficult, so we stick to Ranged.

We're running out of targets, and the Combattler needs something to. But rather than risking it sinking a battleship and wasting our XP, I use Strike and send it afterthe Gundams. It seems to work ok.

While not a true Barrier, the Archangels Laminate Armor does protect it from Beam attacks, and comboes well with Wall just like the D-field. Its odd how its the exact opposite of the Strikes Phase Shift Armor though. But I suppose expecting the UEFA to be consistent is asking too much.

Kira almost sinks it, but not quite...Who can show him up? Who can be a real man and show Kira how its done?

Theres only one man for the job...

Enemy turn, and theres another map attack, but basically only the Nadesico is hit.

Yzak tries Combattler again, but isn't all that successful, thanks to all the spirits cast.

The other Gundams follow, first Dearka, then Athrun. Nicol seems to get lost and heads parrallel to our guys instead of towards them.

Our turn and theres just a battleship and the 4 gundams left. First order of business is to use Roannes Scan command to make them all a little more hittable, because otherwise you basically need Strike to ensure a hit.

In order to maximise our cash reward, I use Noals Luck command, and have them park next to Mu for a support attack that sinks the last enemy ship. The XP means a level up as well, and now Aki has Alert.

We load the Archangel with accuracy boosts and a means to bypass Phase Shift Armor, and then set it loose on the Buster Gundam. The effect is pretty good.

A bit too good as, with his health in the red, Dearka runs for it. Should remembered this.

Now realising I have to be smarter about how I finish these guys off, I try teaming up Eiji and David, but they're a little short of the needed damage thanks to the PS armor. Its a small difference, but it means Yzak runs too.

We try again with Mu weakening Nicols Gundam and the Combattler Team finishing him, but again, just a little short. The Combattler team level up though, they're now level 10.

Nadesico currently doesn't have any way to boost its accuracy, Ruri doesn't learn Strike for some time.

Kira can you shoot some sense into your friend?

Ok, he's got less that 2000hp left, but he still has PS armor and we only have David and Roanne left to move. So one of our repair monkeys lands the final blow. We get the kill, but of course plot requires that Athrun still get away.

Natarle...Can't you just check your own screens, if you're so suspicious of Ruri pointing out that no-one is still shooting us?

We get the usual cheap explosion effects.

And now suddenly Akatsuki is the PC.

Its been ages since I did the calculations, but I did once figure out that a colony of this size would have several kilotons of rotational energy in its spinning, so it that spinning went wrong, yeah, it'd get messy. The Shelters becoming lifeboats is a good plan, and possibly the first example of good engineering in the SEED plot so far.

Yeah. Fixing the Bellzelute is gonna be a bitch alright, Mu.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2011, 03:53:10 AM »
I sometimes wonder about the Positron beam weapon, you'd think that'd appear and work pretty different in space vs atmosphere, anitmatter weaponry and all. Maybe they wrap it in a containment layer of unobtainium.

Also in hindsight the whole Athrun/Kira thing seems pretty gay.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 03:55:37 AM by veekie »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2011, 10:57:23 AM »

Yeah, it kinda does. And even though I'm a liberal openminded kinda guy with gay friends, I think I might haveta make a joke or two about it.

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2011, 11:42:36 AM »
Spoilers: Natarle's whining does not get more bearable in time. If anything else, it gets worse. Each time you hear Archangel "cannot make it" because it just took 500 HP worth of damage and still has over 12k left, you just want to strangle her.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2011, 11:58:18 AM »

Yeah, it kinda does. And even though I'm a liberal openminded kinda guy with gay friends, I think I might haveta make a joke or two about it.
Well they have more tension between them than with their supposed love interests.

Lets call it a Bromance.
Except with dark broody types.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2011, 12:55:34 PM »
Spoilers: Natarle's whining does not get more bearable in time. If anything else, it gets worse. Each time you hear Archangel "cannot make it" because it just took 500 HP worth of damage and still has over 12k left, you just want to strangle her.
On another note, if you haven't heard her name pronounced, she is not Bad Girl. She is Badger Roll.

Hell, even the creators have made jokes about it. There's a Destiny OVA where Shinn, Rey and Luna go back in time to stop their friendship and... yeah.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:57:58 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2011, 01:29:46 PM »
On another note, if you haven't heard her name pronounced, she is not Bad Girl. She is Badger Roll.

Huh. I'll have to remember that.

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2011, 01:30:30 PM »
Ah, the Destiny shorts. Where Shinn, Luna and Rey are moustache-twirling evil, but incompetent, and their plans always fail in comedic fashion. You can't help but feel sorry for them. It's also probably the best part of Gundam SEED Destiny.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2011, 01:32:59 PM »
Ah, the Destiny shorts. Where Shinn, Luna and Rey are moustache-twirling evil, but incompetent, and their plans always fail in comedic fashion. You can't help but feel sorry for them. It's also probably the best part of Gundam SEED Destiny.
Want to see!
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2011, 04:43:51 PM »
Youtube search for "Gundam SEED character theater". There's 4 of them total, two SEED and two Destiny.

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2011, 04:52:55 PM »
Part 7.5: Because more annoying teens with annoying issues will obviously cancel out the ones we already have.

We return to the talking heads segment, where we find that Badgerroll hasn't quite met her bitch quotient for the level.

"I mean its not like the entire purpose of the UEFA is to make the world a better place for civilians or anything."

So the UEFA has no choice but to abandon them, and Nergal has no choice but to save them. See? This is why you have to be able to sue the Army.

For all I rag on the SEED characters, Murrue and Mu are some of the most level-headed and well-rounded characters in the game, and I quite like them. [spoiler]So naturally the plot has to shit all over them later on so that Kira can become a proper messiah figure.[/spoiler]

"I'd shake you hand, but....Oh wow! Coordinators do have hands! I did not know that!"

It like they know that if they let him speak nothing but whine will come out.

Urubitake is representative most of the Gunpla fanbase, it seems.

I am swiftly becoming one of Davids many fanboys.

Its amazing how much this pack of crazies and pampered business types are better organised than the UEFA. Natarle would have shot half of them to bring them down to managable numbers.

Yay! Another character who needs the whole plot explained to her all over again.

Wait, why are you in university if you're all only 15? Shouldn't you be in high school like every anime ever? I can understand a Coordinator in uni as a teen, but Flay and the others are all Natural.

Can't have the SEED spread to other ships, gotta keep it in the failboat.

Meanwhile with the Redcoat Squadron (Seriously? Noone told the SEED writers what red upper-body clothing tends to imply?):

.....Uh....Weren't you the one doing the bombing and screaming at your troops to blow it up faster just to flush the good guys out? Why are you suddenly all Geneva Convention about this?

Well you could make that argument, but since Heliopolis was an independent colony as opposed to being a PLANT or part of the UEFA, you've essentially destroyed an entire nuetral country and left its people dispossessed. Thats...still pretty fucking serious from a political standpoint.

Crueset seems to be able to tell he's one of the final bosses, and plans accordingly.

Anyway, on the failboat:

Thats because its not a military warship, maybe?

You could steal the Gundam, or even just bail out and go 'neener neener neener' to the UEFA. But that'd require you be an active dynamic protagonist, which is banned in most media.

Are you kidding? Give Badgirl half an excuse and you can be out the airlock in 5 minutes.

I'm fairly certain floating off into the depths of space beyond the reach of any rescue ship is considered fairly dangerous, as a rule. But as we'll soon see, little things like logic don't apply to Flay.

Not...really, but I suppose you kinda need to keep the dilemma from the original series even though you aren't alone in this game. I know it'd be emasculating for the UEFA ship to have to cower behind the Nadesico as it blows through the enemy but...Actually, theres no downside to that approach.

I do like Mu.

Yes, she has been living in Heliopolis for a long period, and seen Natural and Coordinator live side by side with no problems for all that time. Why do you ask?

Kuzzey just loves to ruin everything, doesn't he? Don't let that dopey expression fool you, Kids a hellraiser.

Spoiler: She totally doesn't.

So you built a robot bird just you'd have someone to talk to when you need to have a little cry? Thats just....damn.

Actually, how are these debris fields formed? Colony clusters form around Lagrange points, because those are where the earth-moon gravitional pull is such that they'd be stable, but Lagrange points aren't exactly common and there wouldn't be any to spare.

And why would the colonies throw their trash away anyway? Thats useful material, their advanced space technology would mean they'd have some use for everything. If they do need somewhere to store it, what about the resource asteroids they hollowed out to get material for the colonies?

Assuming people will be suidically dickish in this universe is generally the safest call.

Ah, they remembered, after 3 levels of not giving it another mention. Isn't that sweet?

"I mean...not that theres anything wrong with that!! But...he's kinda dead...And theres no body so it wouldn't even be gay necrophilia..."

"I have to kill things because having killing things as your job is bad!!...Wait."

Anyway, back to intermission, and Puzzle Robo:

We have to prevent the enemy ship getting inside the Red rectangle. This is how far Roanne can move.

This is how far David can move.

And this is how far the enemy can move.

In addition to that, we have to make some desicions. Having our main unit be shot down is unacceptable, so we need to figure out how to avoid it happening again. Much like Akatsuki last mission, it happened because I put it out ahead of the rest of the troops at a time when enemy reinforcements were about to be triggered on their own turn. So its partly my fault, but if we'd had more upgrades, it might have been a boon as Calvina blew them all away casually.

So, what to do: Upgrade Mobility and risk the enemy ignoring the Bellzelute in future, or try upping Armor and HP, or a little of both? Or do a doctrinal change and basically glue the Bellzelute to the Layzner formation even though its much faster?

Should Akatsuki be allowed to fight again, or will we continue to not use him? And who else deserves uprgrades, parts or other attention?

[spoiler]For those hoping to reward Mu with upgrades, I regret to inform you that the Mobius becomes useless in a few levels and by the time its usable again, Mu has many more options for things to pilot.[/spoiler]

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2011, 10:41:02 PM »
So you built a robot bird just you'd have someone to talk to when you need to have a little cry?

Actually, it was Athrun that built it for Kira before one of them moved away as a symbol of their friendship if I remember SEED's plot right...

Nope, no homosex undertones here at all, nosiree.

[spoiler]For those hoping to reward Mu with upgrades, I regret to inform you that the Mobius becomes useless in a few levels and by the time its usable again, Mu has many more options for things to pilot.[/spoiler]

Now this is a real shame, the Mobius Zero was one of the cooler SEED designs, much better than the strange Core Fighter wannabe it gets replaced with. :shakefist

Anyway, Puzzle Robo: [spoiler]Have the two units sit right outside the box, at the corner nearest the enemy. That should block it's path just enough that it can't enter.[/spoiler]

Upgrade wise, give Bellzelute one bar each of HP, Armor and Mobility. Akatsuki can be safely ignored, given how useless he is due to a lack of combination attacks or relationship bonuses. If we're planning on using any of the Strike's frames other than the Aile (Which we should, since Aile is pretty bad overall...) we should upgrade it's mobility somewhat. Since you mentioned that the three Angel's Aesties only have enough EN for three Ranged Formation attacks per turn, it might be wise to increase their EN so they can fire off three Melee Formations instead.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:54:35 PM by Stealthyboy »

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2011, 10:47:00 PM »
[spoiler]Edit: I somehow ended up making two posts of the same thing. -_-'
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:53:47 PM by Stealthyboy »

Decessor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2011, 11:29:29 PM »
Pump up Bellzeute's HP and Armour and don't move her ahead quite so quickly. Up the slowest robot(s) speed. I vote to keep in Akatsuki.

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2011, 11:52:41 PM »
Hey; finally caught up with your Let's Play after seeing mention of it on Cubey's thread.  Came for the different game, stayed for the snark and exhaustive conversation screencaps.  Very nice. :)

If I may jump in with votes and Puzzle Robo solutions, for the vote, I think I'll echo Decessor:  keep her a bit nearer the others (though occasionally straying to take a good potshot) and upgrade her HP and armor, so that the mooks, at least, can't down her quite as easily, but still want to attack.

Puzzle Robo: [spoiler]Move both units adjacent to the enemy: David to the left, and Roanne to the bottom.  Assuming you don't need to kill the enemy, just hold it back for one round, just wait, then dodge/defend.[/spoiler]