Author Topic: I HAVE FURY!!! Lets Play Super Robot Wars Judgement!  (Read 124841 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: I HAVE FURY!!! Lets Play Super Robot Wars Judgement!
« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2011, 04:22:51 AM »
Waltfield is a cool guy, though with some seriously weird hobbies.
-Coming to blows over Yogurt vs Chilli Sauce on kebabs.
-Taking enemy pilots home and dressing them up.
-Coffee.

Puzzle Robo:
Looks like the best bet is to blow up the middle unit and then fly into the gap wit hthe other. Dunno what abilities are so I can't be more specific.

Kira could use a bit more armor, if I'm not mistaken hes got some nasty counterattack capability and  raising his evasion would make them target someone else right?
Mu...maybe just shuffle him around so the Archangel gets the love bonus on offense, but he stops diving in to support defend out of turn. The Skygrasper as it is would be a lost cause as an armor increase anyway, its about as thick as paper.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Decessor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2011, 07:59:32 AM »
Er, shoot a hole in the defense with the slower unit and move the faster one into the gap.

Doesn't putting up weapons make them more energy efficient? If that works, Weapons for Archangel and Calvina. Energy for both if that doesn't work or is too expensive. Weapons for Kira and Blade, because.

HP and/or armour for the three bullet sponges. Can you turn off Mu's support defense with that love bonus? If so, that is a plan.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2011, 09:44:22 AM »
Doesn't putting up weapons make them more energy efficient? If that works, Weapons for Archangel and Calvina.
Oh right, I forgot, Weapons seconded.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #223 on: July 04, 2011, 11:39:03 AM »
Kira could use a bit more armor, if I'm not mistaken hes got some nasty counterattack capability and  raising his evasion would make them target someone else right?

This is a very accurate assessment, certainly, and is something to consider...But you also have to consider that Kira will be at most two squares from the Archangel, which is a much more tempting target for most enemies. Kira tends to get targeted by enemies who don't quite get close enough to the ship and then spot him next to the dodge-tastic Layzner and Blade units. In later turns, they tend to use longer-range weapons on the battleship, so you have to balance both sides.

Mu...maybe just shuffle him around so the Archangel gets the love bonus on offense, but he stops diving in to support defend out of turn. The Skygrasper as it is would be a lost cause as an armor increase anyway, its about as thick as paper.

But I should note, the Archangel does most of its damage on the enemy turn from countering, so you want Mu to be beside it at that point. Forgoing Support Defense is certainly an option, the battleships can be kept afloat with spirits and the odd repair.

And with the Sword Strike Pack, the Skygraspers base armor is 1050, fairly normal for a real. It certainly won't be Mazinkaiser but it can be helped at least. And upgrading HP is an option.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #224 on: July 04, 2011, 01:28:14 PM »
Hmm, from the damage the Swordgrasper is getting from support defense, upgrading armor MIGHT help then, provided he stops support defending something eminently more able to take a beating. I stand by the Kira +Armor though, I think that'd probably work out decently. Unless of course you could up evasion and then throw him smack in the middle of a huge bunch of enemies, completely without a nearby battleship to draw fire.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #225 on: July 04, 2011, 05:31:07 PM »

For the record, Cagalli's the one in the right here, Andy's clearly got weird space monster tastebuds.

FOR THE PRESERVATION OF OUR TASTY AND CHILLI SAUCE COVERED KEBABS! :shakefist

You don't get to see it in the game, but Kira actually throws his gun at the Blue Cosmos goon here because he can't figure out how to shoot it...

Yeaaaaah, a good showing of those superior Coordinator skills there, Kira...

Ok, upgrades: Give the Strike some HP and Armour upgrades.
Mu's swordplane of death probably doesn't really need any upgrades, just needs to remember not to support defend a Battleship.
Give the Archangel a touch more HP and some EN too.
If we have any Prevail+ parts, it might be a good idea to consider giving them to Calvina...

Puzzle Robo: [spoiler]Hmm... I say get Akito next to Gai and attack with the strongest weapon he has, making sure Gai Support Defends.[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #226 on: July 04, 2011, 07:34:46 PM »

You don't get to see it in the game, but Kira actually throws his gun at the Blue Cosmos goon here because he can't figure out how to shoot it...
[/quote]

.... :banghead

Are we seriously supposed to be rooting for this guy? I mean, this must be 10 episodes into SEED by this point, and he's proving himself to be nothing but a retard? I am seriously considering making Cagalli our new main character, she and Calvina can sis it up.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

The enemy is stupidity and our chosen weapons are giant robots: A Let's Play of Super Robot Wars J

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #227 on: July 04, 2011, 08:25:41 PM »
More, I was rooting for Mu and Cagalli for the most part. Kira took until he got his unit upgrade to grow into a badass.

Flay basically ruins everything she touches though.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #228 on: July 05, 2011, 08:50:08 PM »
Stop Mu's Support Defense, since it mostly just eats shots meant for the gigantic battleship beside him.
On the matter of Calvina and the Archangel, either stick with present doctrine and just refuel them a bit more often, or, for my preference, go with Decessor's suggestion.

Upgrade Kira's armor a little bit.

Puzzle Robo
[spoiler]Is the Double Gekigan Flare usable while eating only one person's turn?  I forget the precise details of team attacks.  If so, then have Gai use that, and then move Akito into the target square.  If not, then most powerful attack, then send Tenkawa in.[/spoiler]

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #229 on: July 06, 2011, 08:04:11 PM »
Puzzle Robo
[spoiler]Is the Double Gekigan Flare usable while eating only one person's turn?  I forget the precise details of team attacks.  If so, then have Gai use that, and then move Akito into the target square.  If not, then most powerful attack, then send Tenkawa in.[/spoiler]

For combination attacks, the necessary units must be next to each other (This allows diagonals). It only uses the turn of the one who initiates the attacks, meaning that for example, the Three Angels' combination attacks can be used three times per turn, each time initiated by a different member of the three. However they can't be used on a counter-attack.

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #230 on: July 08, 2011, 10:52:31 PM »
Part 12.1: An update after less than a week? Madness!

We select Akito and move him into position, a helpful 'A' above Gai indicating our solution.

Akito attacks with a support attack from Gai, to destroy one of the battas.

Gai swoops in and claims our puzzle victory.

We've built up a far few levels, so time to distribute stat points. We remember to focus on accuracy and damage stats.

Koujis on another route so he won't need this Potential skill booster. We yoink it through the magic of shared inventories and put it on our heroine.

Kira gets the Hyper Sensor as no-one said to give it to anyone else, and the Archangel gets the prize from the Puzzle Robo to ensure it hits tricky enemies.

Upgrades are assigned to the Strike Gundam, the Archangel and Blade, with nothing remaining for Calvina, unfortunately.

Lets get underway. It seems our old enemies have followed us and teamed up with the new:

Huh, apparently politics is keeping Rau and Athrun from attending. You can always trust on the odd bout of politics to help pad out a Gundam plot, though thankfully we're being spared seeing it for now.

"My wife will be along with your dresses shortly."

Oooh-hoo-hoo, the Redcoats ain't gonna get a great welcome here I see.

Meanwhile, on the Archangel, you may be shocked to find Natarle is bitching:

Can you see Mu's 'I'm a PC' tshirt yet?

"Nah, not hungry."
"But I baked it for you with loooooooveeabloo hoo hoooooo...."

Uh...Thats an abrupt change of subject.

...Uh....

Well, I'd try to prove that Mu and Andy can't be the same person, but with all the SEED characters being designed by Hisashi 'Sameface' Hirai, its a little harder than it sounds...

Gah! The mutant tastebuds are spreading!

'And that why the UEFA has no Military Intelligence Division."

We skip to later:

Uh, wait, whats this? Suddenly theres a timeskip:

....Oh my god. She just slept with Kira just to make him feel better about killing people. What the fucking hell.

I'm not kidding either, thats what happens. You can find the scene on youtube easily. It also shows her laughing maniacally afterwards because now she thinks because she spread for him, Kira will protect her forever. Jesus christ woman, how low are you going to go?

Lets go back to the bridge, I'll take stupid over disgusting any day:

Point the first: Sai isn't actually sure of the signal.

Point the second: There shouldn't be anyone there to rescue.

Also, the Radam trees have consumed entire cities and the UEFA still doesn't consider them a threat. Probably because its Africa, but still, thats at least evidence they can do damage.

Point the third: Isn't this ZAFT territory? Why would the aliens be more likely to try such a human-oriented trick rather than the intelligent and conniving Coordinators?

Point the Fourth: The XO thinks its a bad idea.
Wait, thats a point for doing it, actually...

"Why? Why did we all have to be paladins?"

Investigating in this case means sends half their pilots in to walk their mechs through the city, as opposed to, say, having one of our VTOL jets fly over the city, scan for the source of the signal, and land to rescue someone in 5 minutes, something the Blue Earth is more than equipped to do.

...So we are going in on foot then. Wonderful.

Oh Noal, you so tsundere...

Except your life, your limbs, your good looks, your hair, major organs, that magic regenerating costume that disintegrates whenever you transform but is always back the next episode that you apparently borrowed from Kenshiro....

You...could try to stop him, maybe?

And the last thing we want to do is scare people as we turn into indestructible supermen and rescue them in moments, right?

He's got jet propulsion!! Super strength! A sword that can cut through any wall! How exactly would they escape from him?

Uh...This 'him', maybe?

Using Deanna Troi as D-Boys counsellor was a big mistake...

See? They can obviously see everything in the city from miles away! This scouting mission is pointless!

One of his enhanced senses must allow him to detect idiotic heroism.

The cursor marks out 4 wierd crystals surrounding the city.

Another crappy equipment failure effect.

...Wait, so you could see him so clearly you could read the expression on his face before, but now you can't recognise the guy you had an epic battle in space with?

"But we punched him so hard!"

As opposed to exploding and taking out half the continent which is what dispersing the energy to create matter from nothing would do, but whatever.

Explosion effect.

Wait, he's alive? Daggers laser arrows are potent enough to cripple most of our mechs, yet untransformed D-Boy survived just fine? Was he topping his Yoghurt Kebab with Weetabix?

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:41:33 PM by Stealthyboy »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #232 on: July 09, 2011, 09:43:57 AM »
Mu, you filthy traitor! :shakefist

And you too, Coordinator!  :shakefist :shakefist :shakefist
Hm?

[spoiler]There are 14.7 million results for "chilli yoghurt"[/spoiler]
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #233 on: July 09, 2011, 09:55:40 AM »
Mu, you filthy traitor! :shakefist

And you too, Coordinator!  :shakefist :shakefist :shakefist
Hm?

[spoiler]There are 14.7 million results for "chilli yoghurt"[/spoiler]
Thats the peace treaty.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #234 on: July 09, 2011, 11:28:08 PM »
Part 12.2: Does this count as our first puzzle boss?

....Have they forgotten about the Blue Earths sensors *again*? Scan for them!

Yeah, you're being helpful as ever, Mister What-do-you-mean-the-human-body-has-limitations.

How can you lose him? You were able to see the smirk on Daggers goddamn face! You seriously couldn't track one guy with that kind of telescope?

I'll give Noal this one, D-Boy kinda had it coming.

Suddenly!

And then you had to come along and ruin their games. Gonna kick over their sandcastles next? Such jerks...

We get one of those classic SRW Arbitrary Time Limits, because presumably the dissappointment of not getting to transform will kill D-boy or something.

Calvina starts by killing a Radam Beast with a crit, and then using Hit And Away to move towards the upper crystals.

With Accel, Eiji is the best choice for the other one of the top two.

The other members of Team Layzner head for the bottom right one, and Blue Earth, without any enemies to worry about, goes left.

No problems keeping Roanne alive now that he has Focus.

Calvina gets another Crit, and another Radam Beast is nuked. The extra cash from the Favored Series bonus is nice, but as our highest level character, Calvina isn't getting much XP.

Our turn again, and Calvina is almost there. We use Eijis Accel again and he destroys the crystal, triggering an event.

How is he not dead already?

Roanne and David finish off more enemies and smash another crystal:

Failure Effect.

"I must toy with you for exactly 240 seconds! Nothing less will do!"

We're down to one left to go, and not many enemies left.

Layzners calf missiles are currently its strongest weapons, but have very limited ammo. Probably shouldn't have wasted them here, but I tend to click through enemy turns a little fast.

This guy barely survives a non-crit from Calvina, which is a little annoying.

Eh, whatever, lets just end this part.

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound my BEING EXPLODED!"

"The power of Adidas compels you!"

Dude, there were like two Radam Beasts guarding each crystal. It really wasn't that hard, it just took a little while because Calvina and Katia don't have Accel.

Anyway, Dagger summons a bunch more, just as the Archangel finally shows up.

You can't beleive it was a trap?

No more obnoxious conditions, we just kill everything and keep Kira alive for later.

Naturally I let Blade get stuck in first, moving him and the Blue Earth together.

Eiji and David both Accel towards each other to meet up, and on the enemy turn, David is once more a favored target, though Eiji guards him.

I allow myself the luxury of an O Rifle A or two to speed things up. It certainly helps get through the hordes quicker.

Blade and Dagger have it out, and this time its Dagger who's sword skill comes in handy.

Its sometimes nice when the game warns you its about to throw a whole new wave of bad guys at you. I just wish the dialogue was a little more engaging for it.

I say Dagger is an annoying boss because of his high dodge and accuracy due to his size, but really, his stats aren't that crazy and we can deal with it by using Focus.

We continue beating on Dagger and the remains of the Radam beasts, gaining the Archangel crew a level and Tolle yet another incredibly useful spirit command. About the only downside of Tolle is that you can burn through his SP really quickly if you spam Accel and Assault together too much.

Mu hasn't done much yet, so I fly him closer to hit people with his sword.

More annoying melee attacks from the Radam, I figure they deserve the O Rifle A. I can't rely on Calvina critting every time.

Its amazing what giving Focus to a starship captain can do for your accuracy. Though that puzzle robo prize also helps.

Its kinda wierd when your Real robot pilot is less accurate than your battleship.

Rather than have him fight, I let David recharge the Bellzelute for big XP gain. Gotta keep that rifle going, its really helping out.

A few more potshots, and Daggers in the red, allowing Blade to finish him off. He makes some ominous remarks before leaving this time.

Nothing to do but kill the last few Radam beasts and trigger the next event:

"This organ is one of the ones that goes on the outside, right?"

Well, Andy, I'd be more intimidated by all this, if this wasn't about half the troops you had in your escort last time. Given that most of our damage was practically self-inflicted then, I don't see this going much better because you have less targets for us to kill.

Stealthyboy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #236 on: July 10, 2011, 07:49:17 PM »
Part 12.3: This is for Chilliiiiii!!!!

Because learning lessons is for other people, I send Calvina in to fight the  left flank of the enemy alone, and without Focus, to see what she can do.

Eiji and co shore up the other flank.

Not the worst odds, but hardly the best either. Lets see how long Calvina can go on for.

....Huh. Rather well as it turns out.

And yes, Calvina has the Chain Attack skill we wanted so badly for everyone else. Shame the Bellzelute has no melee weapons.

The rest of the enemy try shooting Roanne, but he's ok with friendship bonuses to dodge and his big gun to counterattack with, scoring a kill on the one Eiji hit.

Calvina is unscratched but almost out of energy, so I send in Mu to recharge her next turn. The Resupply units are actually coming in handy.

With no-one to repair, we use the Blue Earth to finish off a weakened unit and get ever-closer to the chewy centre of this formation which is the battleship.

Which doesn't take long at all.

I somehow doubt this will take much longer.

Calvina drains her gun and Mu reloads it, getting a level and becoming even more Support Defenseier.

After a combo attack from Eiji and Roanne, I can let the lowest level character, Kira, finish the job for me. Nice cash bonus.

....No idea what happened there, must have been a glitch since I saw DaCostas face during gameplay.

The Lesseps vanishs, though how it collects survivors when half of it is on fire is beyond me.

The constant calling of Kira 'boy' is meant to be a homage to the character Andy is based off of, the original Gundam character Ramba Ral, who met Amuro in much the same way as Andy and Kira met (and also had his wife around to help him in battle). Unfortunately I can't find any good youtube links to him other than maybe the Mobile Suit Gundam series itself, which is on the Bandai Channel's youtube page I beleive.

...I'm pretty sure there *are* rules for this in the Geneva Conventions, but I guess we're too far in the future for such conveniences.

More ZAFT forces arrive, but at the other end of the battlefield, so we're not in immediate danger it seems.

No, we got one guy in front of us and one squad behind, we could still escape to the left or right if we needed to.

From nowhere, the Duel Gundam appears and rushes us, and takes a cheap shot at the ship.

...They built the residential area on the outside of the ship?

And how many Orb Refugees being slaughtered would it take before it wouldn't be worth it to kill Flay here?

And wouldn't the Fucking-for-comfort scene make more dramatic sense if it happened after this traumatic event?

The Skygrasper 2 launches out into the fray.

...And then it runs straight into Yzaks beams.

'My pussy supplyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!'

Suddenly, Kira begins to power up:

We see trippy lights, and a flower seed symbollically opening into sparkles, and then Kiras stare becomes even more vacant. He then charges at Yzak shooting.

...How can they tell its suddenly more dangerous than it was a minute ago?

Kira takes another shot at the Duel, to finish it off.

Yzak runs off to pull the remnants of his control panel out of his face.

"If only we had more than one type of animation, we'd notice how much better he was now!"

Kiras SEED mode now activates at 130 will like Mazinpower did, and gives him +10 to all pilot stats, on top of the bonus he gets for being a Coordinator. Its a significant boost, perhaps not as great for dealing damage but certainly very handy. Assuming you like using the kid, of course.

But no time to reflect on that, we have to finish off poor Andy for being so insistent on fighting us. It'd be rude not to after he gave us all those nice dresses.
I'm actually a little surprised that the Archangel can outrange him, given he's a sniper.

Andy certainly has good stats for this early in the game, but he's hardly the toughest to beat. After Murrue and Roanne hurt him, Blade can finish him off without much trouble.

This time he only drops an armor part, nothing to write home about.

And the LaGowe explodes. You should really have put more thought into your last words when you decided to go looking for us, Andy.

Eiji also expresses sadness at this, through his old catchphrase of '...'.

The new Skygrasper immediately shows its usefulness by healing the Archangel, while the Blue Earth heals it of the plot damage. Like Mu, Cagalli has Focus and Wall, so she should be fairly safe in that thing. And now that the Archangel team has a dedicated healer, we can use those Support Defenses of Mus without worrying as much about his survival.

It takes a while to meet the new ZAFT forces, long enough to regroup and prepare for the onslaught.

Dearka tries storming in with his mech made of guns, but the new SEED Kira can handle him easily enough.

Sucrose

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: July 10, 2011, 09:10:18 PM »
What is a Natural?  A miserable little pile of chili!
[spoiler]Loving the video descs. :lol[/spoiler]

Gundam Optimal

• Email
« Reply #238 on: July 10, 2011, 09:45:31 PM »
Part 12.4: Wherein lots of things are lost FOREVER.

Calvina isn't quite as accurate as Kira with her ultimate attack, but with a quick casting of Focus, she can nail him and put him extremely close to death. Close enough that our new main character can get her first kill.

He drops a very useful item, a Megabooster that increases movement by 2 squares. Not sure which lone cowboy we should give it to though, that would really break up formations, and Calvina is already several levels ahead of the curve.

Don't let the door hit on the way out.

The Layzner is one of our most evasive units, but even it takes a bump now and then, especially against more accurate units like these. But thats what Roanne is for.

David: So manly he can do a battle scream without any expression on his face.

As the enemy approach, they line up beautifully for the Archangels Lohengrins, which damages most of them enough that they're easy pickings. No regeneration here, our boys can easily polish them off in that state.

Miguel, still stuck in that crappy GINN, is badly hurt after that attack, but is being covered by Nicol. Blade and Kira team up to take him down.

Cagalli is in no danger here. Why did it take so long to get such a good pilot?

As usual, most enemies go for the Archangel, which mercilessly guns them down.

A few sneaky ones go for David, who can't fire back.

As ordered, I turn off Support Defense when Mu is the one doing. This option can also let you switch between defenders if you have multiple options.

No matter how much the game might try to tell us Natarle is a better supporter than Murrue, we know its a lie.

Fear Davids Face of Vengeance.

Nice to see SEED Mode hasn't made Kira any smarter.

It ends predictably anyway.

Oh hey, Kuzzeys actually useful now!

Our turn again, and with just a few enemies left, I use Calvinas map attack to speed things up. She's getting basically no XP from them at this point.

Also, she now has over 50 kills, making her an Ace and letting her start with extra Will.

The last few enemies fall, with Nicol going down to Davids Electofist of Death, like so many others.

He drops a Water Jet, an item we might want to discuss later.

"All those burning refugees will add hot air for bouyancy."

Hey, you helped. Don't sell yourself short just because in your own anime you don't get to kill anything for another 10 episodes.

...The Duel ignored her after the first shot and went for the Ship.

Again, I'd ask how that makes any sense given the timeline, but whatever.

I guess Kiras an atheist? Well, Flay's existance is proof that there is no benevolent god in this universe.

Yes, Kira. Tell us, why can't this woman, who's outperformed you despite all the obstacles thrown at her and all the random benefits hurled at your feet, be allowed to fight alongside you as a full member of the team? Why can't you acknowledge her as an equal? Explain, oh so noblest of heroes. We're all ears.

CURSE YOU WOMAN!! WHY MUST YOU RUIN EVERYTHING!?!?

Oh, I almost forgot. Flays not only a whore, she's a cheating whore, who apparently dumped Sai like a sack of rocks for a boy that two levels ago she hated as a mutant space monster. And I can't see why, I doubt its physical attractiveness, given that every goddamn character has the same face in SEED...

Well said, oh manliest of men.

...I guess what Andy said about Eiji being a random spaz was bugging him? Or something?

D-Boy detransforms, and theres the sound of glass breaking.

Stupid as it sounds, what Mu said kinda fits.

Natarle? Showing hope for the future? Is all the misery of the dead refugees and D-Boy finally making her happy?

She still doesn't want to breathe the same air as those dirty civvies, of course.

"The Misery must be concentrated in one spot, its more potent that way."

"If they see one useless guy doing nothing, they'll start to wonder if our policies on useless people are changing. And we can't have that."

Anyway, back to intermission, and Puzzle Robo:

Ryoko is in a badly damaged Ground Frame Aestivalis and has to kill something this turn without dying. She has enough SP for one spirit command, and her movement range and available weapons are shown. Neither Radam Beast have any terrain benefits. How do we take on these foes, and which do we go for?

On other fronts:
No-one did badly this time, other than Eiji and David taking the odd knock. This fight did show us the damage difference between the likes of the Layzner guys and our better-armed units, though. Their small size does hold them back in that regard. Calvina went on several rampages with her heavy guns, but they paid off thanks to the resupply units filling her up. It is taking XP from the others though.

Knowing all this, who should get upgrades where?

Also, who should get the Megabooster? Whoever it is will be hard to keep together in the same group as their partners, and would likely end up hogging XP. Not all of our units are designed for such solo work either. Perhaps we should hold off until we get someone without a partner, like a new super robot? Thoughts?

Also, the other new part is worth talking about. The Water Jet gives a unit S ranks in Water, which is very handy as most units have very bad ranks in water and treat it as rough terrain so they can barely move in it. However, most of our units can simply fly over water, with the exception of the Strike. If you didn't catch the hints that we're about to get into a water level, well, we are.
However, just because a unit isn't being slowed down by the water doesn't mean they're not hampered by it. A lot of weapons, especially beam weapons (but not beam sabers for some odd reason) do almost no damage in water, which means some units are in trouble fighting underwater enemies. The Water Jet can fix this too...somehow, allowing for underwater lightshows as before.

So, what should we do for this level? Give the Strike the Water Jet and rely on everyone else to use appropriate attacks, or switch the Strike to the Aile Pack for flight and give the Jet to another unit like the Bellzelute or the Archangel to maintain its firepower?

And finally, with the new Skygrasper, we can give Cagalli a Striker Pack too, so all three are in use at once. If we don't change anything, she gets the Aile pack which improves dodge and adds an extra square of movement, both useful for a repairer, but she'll have next to no firepower. Are we ok with this?

Decessor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #239 on: July 10, 2011, 10:58:17 PM »
How about giving a tough unit the megabooster? They can take the knocks and end fights quicker by getting into position faster. Perhaps switch it around if said unit is getting too far ahead of their teammates. And if we get a solid solo robot, move it to that.

Give Strike the water jet.

Cagalli with a striker pack. Seems a shame not to use all three if we can.