Author Topic: Level 33 Epic Gestalt Character  (Read 9472 times)

godzilla5939

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Level 33 Epic Gestalt Character
« on: March 07, 2011, 02:45:49 AM »
Ok, so this is my first time making an epic character. I was thinking of going a 33 Druid//23 Warblade/10 MoMF. The idea being to shift into a Dragon and use Assume Supernatural Ability to get the breath weapon with feats to make it Maximized Lingering and Clinging, in the turns that I don't hit things with fire I intend to use tiger claw discipline maneuvers or Druid Spells. I was hoping to get some help making this as powerful as possible since the guys I'm playing with have a lot more exprerience with optimization than I do. My starting stats are either 13,13,13,13,17,17 or a 32 point buy. I will take any revisions necessary, I just want to lose to my crazy optimization buddies. ;) It's just a concept and one i'm willing to completely rework or even abandon, I just want to be able to compete.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 03:08:03 AM by godzilla5939 »

Sachiru

Re: Level 33 Epic Gestalt Character
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 03:41:34 AM »
I'm assuming you're this guy?  :D

Anyhow, you can't really go wrong with druids. Maybe a template or two (or twenty) to boost your mental stats, and something to boost saves?

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 03:52:07 AM »
At Epic, esp. epic gestalt, you can literally win the game.  Power goes all the way from 'archmage who is a god' to 'fighter who fights slightly better than a level 10 fighter'.

So, pick a power level and go nuts.  If you want to 'compete' you should probably be immune to everything, not rely on buffs or have a way to not get your buffs dispelled, have good mundane defences (AC, saves, iron heart surge etc), have good non-mundane defences (miss chances, immediate action teleportation etc).  Movement speeds of all kinds, stuff that bypasses dimensional locks...

If you want you can go the Clone route and have lots of you.  Simulacrums, astral projection etc.

Have ways of instantly killing things in multiple ways, and of bypassing immunities.  Have some fun weird ways of killing people nothing defends against, like 120% real phantasmal killers etc.

You literally have room to checklist every 'win' condition, and still have fun things like Body Outside Body or a plane of infinite sharks that you throw people into.

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 03:52:23 AM »
You would be correct about which guy I am lol, what kind of Templates would you recommend, I was thinking half-ceestial since it has +2 Int +4 Wis and + 4 Cha

Ikeren

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 05:16:22 AM »
Level 33 epic sandbox game Play by Post game by a DM who describes himself as "I might be willing to DM this, it sounds fun. I'm not a very good DM, but I've been trying and getting better! Also, sandbox campaigns should be fun."

We should start a betting pool to see how long it lasts.

@OP: Might as well get Planar Shepherd in there?

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 05:40:39 AM »
Was thinking abut it I don't have the book but a friend does so I wont be able to the sheet all in one go  :lmao

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 11:05:47 AM »
Geez...

You might as well have 20th level manifesting, druid, cleric, archivist, wizard, and sorcerer casting, as well as a dozen stripes of epic spell.

And be an unstoppable melee combatant even without buffs or gear.

And have an army of powerful servants.  Heh.  With thrallherd you could eat nothing but followers above level 20.

It would be nice to solve every problem by throwing a minion at it.  Have stealth-minion for stealth problems, archmage minion for wizard problems, etc etc.  'STEALTH MINION!  SOLVE THAT PROBLEM!'

And then when they fail/the adventurers burst in your door, take off your mantle, and prove that you personally can also destroy all sorts of face.

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 11:29:38 AM »
Planar Shepherd and Warshaper instead of so many Warblade levels. You can just sprinkle Warblade levels in later in the build to pick up high level maneuvers since the other levels boost your Initiator level by half.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 01:15:11 PM »
don't forget Binder and Tainted Scholar for insane Metamagic for all thos EX SU and SP abilities you'll be getting from your planar shepherd forms :smirk

are bloodlines are allowed ?
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 05:55:00 PM »
Any spellcaster that plans on using any kind of offensive magic at all needs to either have Supernatural Transformation (psionics) (which, by the way, allows you to basically ignore magic immunity) or 11 levels of factotum to completely ignore SR.

That, or a boosted caster level to the point where you auto-succeed against EVERYTHING.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 08:55:29 PM »
Hmmm.... I actually came up with 2 builds I want to decide between Pixie Druid 18/Planar Sheperd 10/Warshaper5//Rogue 2/Bard 7/Sublime Chord 10/ Fochulan Lyricist 10/ Geomancer 4

or Phrenic Drow Druid 18/Planar Shepherd 10/Warshaper 5//Erudite 10 (Spell to Power)/Thrallherd 10/warblade 3/MoMF 10

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 08:57:39 PM »
Are you allowed to have PrCs on both sides of your gestalt build in this campaign?

Because according to standard RAW, you can't.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 08:58:55 PM »
Ya DM basically said to just go crazy with it :D Also does anyone have a good link that explains planar sheperd a bit more, my friend with faiths of ebberon is out of town
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:01:39 PM by godzilla5939 »

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 09:01:12 PM »
Then how about spell to power erudite 10/thrallherd 10/metamind 10 on one side? Throw out infinite power points all day long at the cost of your swift actions.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 09:02:35 PM »
That does seem like a good idea, what would you recommend for the last 3 levels to cap it off with?

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 09:16:20 PM »
How about 2 levels of totemist, then grab that power to bind soulmelds to your chakras, and something else (like a level in pixie) for the 3rd? Don't forget to buy off your LA.

Or possibly 3 levels in ghost.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 09:25:27 PM »
2 levels in totemist seems nice and fits well with the fluff im owrking out for him, I think that im going with Druid 17/Planar Sheperd 10/Swordsage 1/Warshaper 5//Spell to Power Erudite 10/Thrallherd 10/Metamind 10/Totemist 2/Swordsage 1

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 09:28:53 PM »
Don't forget Supernatural Transformation (psionics)! You can use those infinite power points as Su abilities, meaning they can't be interrupted, you don't deal with PR (or SR), and they no longer provoke AoOs or use XP.

And all for 1 feat.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 09:46:34 PM »
Yessir I plan to, any other completely necessary feats that I should plan for

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 09:48:43 PM »
Don't forget Supernatural Transformation (psionics)! You can use those infinite power points as Su abilities, meaning they can't be interrupted, you don't deal with PR (or SR), and they no longer provoke AoOs or use XP.

And all for 1 feat.
you can't actually apply supernatural transformation to psionics granted by classes, since they aren't "innate".
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.