Author Topic: Consolidated Binder's Handbook (Repost with Formatting)  (Read 76160 times)

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
Re: [WIP] Binder's Guide: Trade Your Soul for Awesome
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2011, 08:45:43 AM »
I intend to, but time has become an issue and I spend far too much of it on gaming already. I can't use the excuse "I need this for next week" to justify working on it for hours each week anymore.

I figure by the time I finish it myself any number of people could have used the information themselves even in its current form. Unfortunately I don't have anywhere to simply post it but I'm willing to email a copy to anyone who asks me for it.

Bill Bisco: Eloquent Elf

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2011, 04:03:21 PM »
You have several options that include at least the following.

1. Upload the file to mediafire and post the link
2. Get a skydive account and upload the file and post the link
3. Make a free wiki such as from wikidot, upload the file on a random page and link it here.

All of these are superior than to simply email it to one person because there is a much greater chance of that information becoming lost.

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2011, 06:31:47 AM »
I think you can make a google doc public too
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2011, 07:59:32 PM »
I think you can make a google doc public too
The best thing about a google doc is that you can give others editing privileges to add stuff, if you trust them of course.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2011, 09:19:22 AM »
Well for those who are interested here's the public Google doc's link. I'll continue to update it and if people have suggestions please let me know.

Zceryll's Psedonatural Summon Monster List
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1qzF3oIZ73Iy6nalb1e3e2zAtniAqfPbdpsZs6nidkP0

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2011, 10:34:23 AM »
Sigged for brilliance.
Question, why are some of the monsters like this?
First I thought it was because they had no info, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2011, 01:33:16 PM »
They were from the Book of Exalted Deeds, which was a forbidden title in the game I was in. I plan to add them later and remove that but while I was making it that helped me remember which ones I couldn't use. Most of the good [Good] summons were from that book so I was sad it wasn't allowed.

And thank you for the signature reference. I'm flattered.

Zceryll with Bloodlines allowed moves Binder's up to Tier 1. I was 14th level and had Summon Monster IX every 5 rounds with only a Moderate Fey bloodline. Free Raise Dead, Unlimited Wooden Supplies, Airwalk at CL 20, Heals every 5 rounds. It can get ridiculous if you have a good grasp of everything the summons can do, even if you're limited to one at a time.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 01:42:57 PM by Cagemarrow »

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2011, 01:44:30 PM »
How did you get Summon Monster IX at level 14?  At most it seems with the bloodline you'd be effective level 16 for summons, but that's still shy of the needed 18.

JaronK

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2011, 03:30:16 PM »
Favored vestige zceryll gives +1 and Ipos (not desharis) as a second bind gives +1 to your other binds for the extra +2 on top of the +2 from bloodlines.

Got a couple of more docs that people may find useful.

Plant Material that a Djinni can create using its Permanent Major Creation
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aiyz5iDSM5rddG5Ud0NFeXFwUUxhLW9UNHZSNFd0aWc&hl=en_US Document have been updated 10/17/2011

A Consolidated list of the Binder Vestiges, powers granted and bind dcs
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0Byyz5iDSM5rdZDE0ZmIzN2YtNmVhMC00ZmQzLTk3NGMtNDA3MTExNDYwODg1&hl=en_US

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:01:33 AM by Cagemarrow »

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2011, 04:20:29 PM »
You're missing Sinmaker's Surprise from that list.  It's plant based, DC 24, injury vector, does con damage (IIRC 2d6con/2d6 con, but it might be 1d6/2d6), and also adds 1d6 acid damage per round for three rounds.  Explicitly made from extraplanar plants.  Another amazing one comes from a specific demiplane, though I don't remember which one... but there are psionic apples.  When eaten, they give a huge number of power points for use on a single power.  Combo that with any Psion for endless power points (or with the various Psionic Vestiges for endless use of their powers).

JaronK

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2011, 11:08:09 AM »
Any idea where those are from? I'll need to read them over as they may not qualify for creation by Major Creation. Requires them to be non-magical in nature.

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2011, 01:13:15 PM »
interesting side note, but apparently one or more of the authors cribbed large chunks of the binder class features wholesale from a public domain source. artwork too.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2011, 08:00:11 PM »
Sinmaker's Surprise is from Manual of the Planes, and is collected from the toxic foliage of some nasty planes.  Nothing magical there.

The fruit is from here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20030725a  and they're called "Canath Fruit".

Also, check the Poison handbook on these forums.  Near the end (currently) are some poison additives from Dragon Magazine that do things like increase the save DC and add wounding effects.

JaronK
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:39:39 PM by JaronK »

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #133 on: October 17, 2011, 09:06:33 AM »
I've changed the link for the plant based materials to include the orginal spreadsheet, found it in an unrelated folder for some reason, so it should be easier for me to edit from now on.

I have added Sinmaker's Surprise to the list. As the fruit create power points I don't think they'll qualify for the non-magical aspect of the spell's requirements. Same for the Fey Cherry wood which would be awesome to be able to generate for free.