Author Topic: Around Ladydove - The Countryside on the Border of Anauroch  (Read 15258 times)

mthor

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: Around Ladydove - The Countryside on the Border of Anauroch
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2011, 06:45:08 PM »
OOC: sorry I should have wrote it explicitly I speak draconic.

Standing over the body of the tanar'ri a breeze blew the cloak of the young man around him. Sand dancing in the wind seemed like a hungry beast swallowing large chunks of the land and then spitting them out again after chewing on them and finding them not to its taste. For those looking at the man they found a specimen in the prime of his youth. Full of vigor every movement up till this point had seemed sleek and purposeful. But in that moment his eyes seemed to become a light vortex. The eyes seemed to catch all the light and force it into small point, a look worn only by those old enough to be weary of life. Or by one who, by their own measure, has also lived to long. His cape swirled around him as he spun and with a flying leap took his spot on his horse, kicking it into motion.

[spoiler]As soon as the demons stop Thor also stops. He attempts to find a spot in the valley between 2 dunes and tries to fall asleep. He orders his bird to watch the demons and fly back to him if they wake up and start to move. this should stop the demons from attacking him in his sleep unless they teleport to his location ( he is about 10 minutes off the path the demons took for this reason). To do so would mean they know his position and presence here. TOM says that I get a visage's power for 24 hours so I should have Andy and Mal until I bind a couple new ones. I wake up after 8 hours and bind Otaix and Mal binding vs 25/15 (1d20+18=28, 1d20+18=26)   [/spoiler]

OOC: For the future : [spoiler]If the tanar'ri keep a straight or logical path like they are going somewhere they Thor will follow as before. However if they try to teleport away he will dive bomb them and try and distract them until I get there. Finally if they have no logic to their movement like they are trying to find something to destroy I will oblige them and attack when they stop for the night tomorrow. [/spoiler]
The god of thunder....... yeah I'm the hammer

Just ask yourself..... W.W.T.D  what would Thor do
mthor, look what you did. You made people on the internet argue. We all hate you with a fiery passion, now. :P

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2011, 07:37:28 AM »
[ooc][spoiler]
You could really describe your actions in prose, too. You don't just have to put flavour descriptions in your prose.

For instance:
As the demons turned in Thor, too, looked for a place to sleep... [/spoiler]

The demons, quite unaccustomed to the necessity of sleep, slothfully slept until fairly late, and even then were drowsy and unmotivated, and began bickering among each other, and sometimes the individual heads among themselves.

What was to be made out from the Draconic that was spoken was that they had a weird wish to meet mother, or some motherly force, but had no idea where to look. They had an obscure longing to move further into the desert, but did not want to meet other demons on the way. The demonic heads kept maintaining (in draconic, to their dragon head-neighbours) that they should just teleport around until they found something, but the dragon heads held against them, that teleportation would only give them less information on where to go. They should rather fly, against which the demon heads held that flying would make them very conspicuous.

In the end they set out northward again - on foot. After a while they began bickering again, they were feeling weak and drowsy, and didn't know why.

mthor

• Email
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2011, 01:18:58 PM »
Thor continued to follow the demons forward not pushing but continuing to stay a convenient distance away from the demons ready to strike. If someone were to observe this young man they would observe a smile on his visage inexplicable for someone who was contemplating attack on a force of demons. As the sun began to set he started to push his horse faster and off to the west. Just before darkness fell the demons, weary from their trials, suddenly found themselves set upon by shadow, and incarnation of darkness. Attacking with his back to the sun Thor must have burst into the demons camp like, well, a bat from hell.

Riding hard with the suns on his right Thor's face fell unexplained into a look of peace, as if for a single moment he could counter-act the great wrongs the world had done to him by taking the responsibility of the world on his shoulders. He drew upon the powers of his ancestors to alter self into a lizard folk (+5 natural armor) and as the demons lay over the next ridge he muttered a curse against the gods that activated a wand of divine favor (+1 to luck and attack) and drew the mists of Otaix over this form to partial conceal himself.
[spoiler]
binding checks for the beginning of the day
move silent/ hide (1d20+18=31, 1d20+18=23) sorry this is actually my binding I wish I had +18 to move/hide
move/hide (1d20+11=14, 1d20+11=30)

[/spoiler]
[spoiler] charging power attack power attack against babau +3 to attack 2d6+16+1+4d6 (sudden strike) [/spoiler]

mthor, look what you did. You made people on the internet argue. We all hate you with a fiery passion, now. :P

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2011, 02:51:21 PM »
[ooc][spoiler]
Alright, let's see...  :devil

You DO have to roll your attack, too :) What are you using to attack? Otiax I'm guessing.

I have to make a map for you, I guess...
I also have to make some rollers, duh... expect another reply tomorrow.[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2011, 01:41:11 PM »
[ooc][spoiler]
By the way: You can only PA up to your BAB, so only +9.

That gives you 2d6+9+4d6 sudden strike, but to make up for that, pretty much an auto-hit against common touch ACs.

You don't have a wand of Alter Self on your sheet. If you bought one before the game began please add it to the sheet.

I've made rollers for the monsters, now I'll make a simple map, and append the link to this post.

Here are links:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12539144/Battlegrid_desert_Surprise.pdf[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 02:12:20 PM by Brainpiercing »

mthor

• Email
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2011, 06:23:14 PM »
Thor draws his had back as if to throw something and the mist that swirls around him responds to his movement. He thruster his had forward and the mist blasts Babau into next week. attack roll: charging (1d20+8=21) damage (2d6+9+4d6=27)
[spoiler]OOC:I have alter self as a Su ability 1/day because of my bloodline.  the mists are my touch attack as per otaix [/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2011, 11:14:06 AM »
[spoiler]Forgot about the bloodline SLA.

I have to say that in spite of surprise and them being exhausted, this will still be a VERY hard fight for you, because you can't damage them enough to kill them quickly. Well... we'll see. By the way, IF you want to use Alter Self to raise your AC, why not at least be a Troglodyte and take +6, OR a Phaerlock (also a lizardfolk from Underdark), to snag +7, and also claws and some skill bonuses. It's also easy to metagame this: Your GGGG simply taught you the best form to AS into (that would be Avariel for fly speed, Asabi for 20ft burrow, lizard/troggy/phaerlock for armour, and something for swimming.)

By the way, if you are still mounted:
You get +1 for higher ground against the Babau, and with Divine Favour and full PA you should then have +9 (+11 with charge) attack bonus. The Vrock is large, so you don't get +1 against it. [/spoiler]

The Babau was hit by this inexplicable blast of air, that seemed to cut its very skin. While taken by surprise by the sudden onslaught, it quickly tried to gather itself, as did its companion.

[spoiler]
Init:
Babau: 14
Vrock: 18

If you beat those, you can count them as flat-footed for another attack. If you don't, you'll need other tricks. If you don't beat init, it will hit you back, now, so...[/spoiler]

Unless the attacker did something avoid it the demon stepped forward and returned the favour. Many heads surged forward to bite the attacker, and claws and horns followed up.

[spoiler]
I'm writing out all the AC hit, you do the hits and roll miss chances and stuff yourself.
Claw 30, 8 dam
Claw 32, 5 dam
Dragon bite 20, 11 dam
Dragon bite 19, 9 dam
Babau bite 22,  7 dam
Gore 28, 8 dam
Gore 34, 6 dam [/spoiler]

The Vrock did not immediately want to go close and personal. It cast a spell, and then seemed to multiply on the battlefield, there finally being 7 identical copies that moved in unison. Unless the attacker found a way to avoid this it then moved (with all its copies) directly next to Thor, and released a cloud of spores onto him (and the Babau). They dug into his skin, and caused pain and damage, and then grew into vines that kept digging deeper and deeper.
[spoiler]
4 damage this round, and 1d4 on each round for 10 rounds. That is 1, 3, 2, 2, 3, 1, 3, 3 , 3, 1 unless you get them removed somehow.

Your horse takes the same if it's still there.[/spoiler]

mthor

• Email
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2011, 11:41:05 PM »
OOC: Alright so I apologize this is my last post for a little while because I will be afk on a cruise. ( I deserve it because the temperature is -12 degrees F ~ -24 C  and I'm changing to Phaerlock ( I only have the original and 3rd mm so I'm a bit slow with the good forms) this gives me a 32 AC assuming the natural armor from my bloodline doesn't stack

initiative (1d20+5=20)
and I'll probably start posting in about a week.
I apologize for any inconvenience.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2011, 06:05:45 AM »
[spoiler]
Well... have a good trip :). (Or seeing that you'll likely only see this when you get back: I hope you had a good trip.)

You've beat the demon's init, so you can do something that takes place before the counter-attacks I posted, and count both of them as flat-footed. If whatever you do doesn't put you out of their reach, then the attacks will go forward as stated.[/spoiler]

mthor

• Email
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2011, 01:23:07 AM »
[spoiler]thanks[/spoiler]
Moving with the speed that the wind can only envy Thor whipped himself around yelling a battle cry "There's no place like home". He draws back and strikes at the Babau with 3 hammer blows from the fog that surrounds him. His battle cry seemed to serve as a trigger because the mist at his feet was suddenly thrust back and a pair of wings detached themselves from his boots whipping the unnatural fog into a twirling maelstrom
[spoiler]I'm assuming that you'll allow the boots of speed's trigger be the battle cry instead of clicking my heels together
boots of speed gives me a full attack routine of 9/9/4 for bab so I'll sink all that into power attack.
1d20+7=26, 1d20+7=21, 1d20+7=10
2d6+11+4d6=34, 2d6+11+4d6=25
2d6+6+4d6=30
Note: because the Babau is flat footed it doesn't get a dex bonus to AC
26 34 damage
21 25 damage
10 30 damage
[/spoiler]
The whiling wind that surrounded Thor allowed him to keep a good distance from the demon and the his attack path had stood as far away from the Vrock as humanly possible.  One hand was whirling non-stop as if to conduct the vortex of destruction he was wreaking upon the Babau while the other was up in the air as if about to begin a great symphony
[spoiler]Translation I have Combat reflexes and a 10 foot reach so if the Vrock tries to charge me I can knock it around a bit. The Babau can take a 5 foot step so it doesn't effect him.[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2011, 10:33:43 AM »
[ooc][spoiler]
you have to PA for the same value for all your attacks. So the third one is actually a +3, not +7, and the others should be +8 with haste. Whatever. It won't change the outcome.

Also, you can't AoO the Vrock, because it doesn't leave a square you threaten, since it's large. So you take the spore damage as described above.[/spoiler]

Two of Thor's air blasts dug deep gashes into the demon's slimy hide. Under the onslaught of apparently only air the already wounded Babau finally succumbed to his injuries. He lay gurgling on the ground, his eyes still fluttering.

The Vrock was dismayed at the apparent demise of his companion, but still saw a chance for vengeance.

[Repetition from above]
The Vrock did not immediately want to go close and personal. It cast a spell, and then seemed to multiply on the battlefield, there finally being 7 identical copies that moved in unison. Unless the attacker found a way to avoid this it then moved (with all its copies) directly next to Thor, and released a cloud of spores onto him (and the Babau). They dug into his skin, and caused pain and damage, and then grew into vines that kept digging deeper and deeper.

[spoiler]
4 damage this round, and 1d4 on each round for 10 rounds. That is 1, 3, 2, 2, 3, 1, 3, 3 , 3, 1 unless you get them removed somehow.

Your horse takes the same if it's still there.
[/spoiler]

mthor

• Email
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2011, 12:46:36 AM »
[spoiler] 4 damage makes my health 79[/spoiler]
With a smile playing across his lips Thor jumps off his horse and then thrust his had forward in a gesture more reminiscent of an overly dramatic opera actor then an man involved in a battle for his life with a demon. As his horse then starts to flee from the gigantic bird-like creature which so wounded it with its spores, Thor suddenly vanishes from sight.... Seconds later he burst forth from behind the demon with a howl that frightened even such a dark creature as this. He slammed his power into the demons back multiple times crushing it with the fog of Otaix.
1d20 +7, 1d20+7,1d20+3=[3, 7], [8, 7], [13, 3]
damage rolls (2d6+11+4d6=29, 2d6+11+4d6=34, 2d6+11+4d6=30)
[spoiler]Assuming the Vrock either goes after the horse who stops over the next ridge or just stands their and listens for Thor, then Thor will hit him the next round. If the Vrock does anything unusual Thor deactivates his boots of speed ( free action) and then goes after him occasionally finding cover and deactivating his invisibility.  I'm pretty sure that the Vrock will fail any attempts to pinpoint my location via sight or hearing because it is ungodly hard to do so. But if you want me to make any rolls please say so.  [/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2011, 05:22:20 AM »
[spoiler]He WILL try to find you and use his breath-weapons against you, so yes, you need to roll Move Silently rolls at least.[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2011, 10:52:48 AM »
[spoiler]
Also, I'm pretty certain that he only loses his dex bonus against your first attack, because you become visible right after attacking. Your invisibility isn't long enough to let him become flat-footed again.[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 12:33:25 PM »
[spoiler]
Alright, let's do it this way around....[/spoiler]

The Vrock was angered as his prey vanished, but then he began pacing and listening intently for the attacker.
[spoiler]Listen: 40
Spot: 43 (he checks for footprints, etc.

If that finds you (you get a +40 bonus to hide, I think so he shouldn't pinpoint you, but he might still hear you), then:

[spoiler]
The Vrock's gaping draconic maws began to gurgle and smoke, and then they suddenly spat lightning and fire in Thor's direction.
[spoiler]
Line of lightning: 12 damage, Ref 28 half; Cone of fire, 5 damage, Ref 28 half.
For me: Lightning next, Fire wait 2.[/spoiler]
If Thor was still detectable after that, the line of lightning came again.
[spoiler]
16 damage, Ref 28 half[/spoiler]

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

As his attacker reappeared in order to cut him with this airblast, he was taken aback the first time, but after that he knew what was coming.
[spoiler]
Random roll for Mirror image: You hit him on a 1:
[1d7]->[5+0] = 5
[1d6]->[4+0] = 4
[1d5]->[2+0] = 2
[/spoiler]

Thor's deadly air blast seemed to bast right through the demon... but then it was just a mirror image dissolving. Three of those images shattered into nothingness, but there were still four version of the demons left. And now Thor was in the demon's reach.... A whole armada of claws, horns and teeth closed on him.

[spoiler]
AC hit:
Claw 34, 7 dam; Claw 34, 6 dam; Dragon Bite 36, 14 dam;  Gore 34, 4 dam; Gore 34, 8 dam; Talon 35, 6 dam;
I left out anything below 31, since that is your minimum AC right now, as far as I can tell. I remember suggesting to you to take a better form for Alter Self, but I didn't save that PM, nor can I find a reply from you... So... if you're going with the Lizardfolk, that should should be it. If you went with something else, I think it doesn't matter much, because the highest you can go is 8NA, which means all those weird 34s still hit you.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:35:04 PM by Brainpiercing »

mthor

• Email
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2011, 01:28:12 AM »
hide/move silently (1d20+11=25, 1d20+11=31)
[spoiler]To avoid pinpointing an invisible creature gets +20 to hide and +20 to listen http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Invisibility[/spoiler]
The Vrock turned its head this way and that rubbernecking around in a vain attempt to pinpoint the dexterous binder, Thought his searches weren't as fruitful as he had hoped he was able to gain a general scene of where Thor was through us to be and with that was able to bath the area quite effectively with fire and lightning.
[spoiler]save against bwreflex save +1 haste (1d20+11=25, 1d20+11=21)
Fail 17 damage altogether. That plus 4 last round and 1 this round is 22. total health:61[/spoiler]
[spoiler]My ac is 32 because I changed my form to a
Phaerlock
thanks for the tip by the way and  ;)[/spoiler]
Turning with an unmistakable grin on its beaked face the Vrock laid into Thor with its claws and teeth slashing and lacerating his already burned and torn skin.
[spoiler] 45 damage total for 16 health left.
run away!!!!![/spoiler]
Realizing he was over matched Thor turned and ran a remarkably human gesture in the body of a scaled lizard.
[spoiler]Thor spends a full movement on running plus the 30 for being hasted giving me 240 ft of movement.
1 round[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2011, 07:32:58 AM »
[spoiler]Don't worry. Even fatigued and pre-injured this guy is more than match for an individual Lvl 10 character - even an optimised one, unless it's a twinked out wizard or sorc.[/spoiler]

The Vrock made to follow, but after a few moments it gave up, panting. Thor's bird could see it, shaking its many heads. It seemed to think for a moment on whether to follow by teleport, but it must have realized that every time it teleported, its target could just run away again. As useful as Teleport was for logistical purposes, it wasn't good in a manhunt, unless you could actually cut your target off.

[spoiler]
You keep taking damage from the spores a few rounds more, I hope you have a way to heal?[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2011, 08:15:34 AM »
[PRIVATE for Thor][spoiler]
You get 3000XP. Unfortunately no loot... [/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2011, 09:34:58 PM »
[spoiler]Do you want to hang around or shall we change scenes?[/spoiler]

mthor

• Email
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2011, 06:14:40 PM »
[spoiler]Sorry my personal life is in shambles right at this moment with college looming on the horizon so my posting is becoming kind of spotty. (And I hate that)  [/spoiler]
[spoiler]I added the XP and what ever makes most sense with the campaign and i have a eternal wand of cure light wounds[/spoiler]
Thor raced away from the sight off his defeat with the anxiety of a man running for his life he pulled a wand out of his boot and used it to try and stop the burning spores that crawled and hissed on his face and arms. He yelled a command word, once then twice and then as soon as he felt the clenching coolness slipped into invisibility and went off to find a place to hide and, if possible to find his horse.
healing (1d8+1=5)
healing (1d8+1=6)
4 health left