Author Topic: Around Ladydove - The Countryside on the Border of Anauroch  (Read 15261 times)

mthor

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: Around Ladydove - The Countryside on the Border of Anauroch
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2011, 01:20:15 PM »
Intrigued Thor continued to watch the group of mutants but every so often the bird winged off to see if the group of regular demons were still moving on a similar trail. He noted the differences between the trail that the regular and mutated demons were on and then attempted to find out what the demons were using to track this elusive "mother". Hopefully he could replicate the feat and outrun the ponderous and dangerous groups that he was following. 
The god of thunder....... yeah I'm the hammer

Just ask yourself..... W.W.T.D  what would Thor do
mthor, look what you did. You made people on the internet argue. We all hate you with a fiery passion, now. :P

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2011, 03:29:58 PM »
The real demons had no need for either food nor sleep. They pressed on, sending flying scouts out to fan across the swaths of land before them. Thor would find he had to hide from flying demons occasionally. However, even though they might have seen him, they did not react to him. They were following the trail, and nothing else.

As for the others, their movement was without system. They meandered roughly northward. There was no apparent means by which they navigated, yet they seemed to reach a consensus whenever the group had halted for a short while. The mutated demons now followed the advice of the hunters - as night fell, they gorged themselves on a pair of Bulettes that had been foolish enough to attack them. And then they went to rest, the hunters keeping an alternating watch, this time.

By now it would only be a matter of few hours before the never-resting pursuing group would find their quarry.

mthor

• Email
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2011, 06:27:49 PM »
Even the eyes of a bird could see the anticipation that was building in the air. It seemed to bubble out of the silences and seep from the movements. What comes? Thor whispered quietly to himself. Even quieter, almost a after thought And am I ready for it? restlessly Thor checked the spirits that were bound to his soul. Both were bound tight and couldn't escape but Otaix's bindings were less tight then Thor would have liked and as a result Thor couldn't quite suppress the slightly blue clouds that hung around him like smoke on a windless day binding v 25. 15 (1d20+18=21, 1d20+18=20). With a thought he wipped up the cloud to hide his form and then set off to find a good spot between the two groups of demons that left him in within striking distance of the mutants.
[spoiler]If necessary to get within striking distance of the mutated demon. hide/ move silently (1d20+11=28, 1d20+11=12) [/spoiler]

mthor, look what you did. You made people on the internet argue. We all hate you with a fiery passion, now. :P

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2011, 01:46:26 PM »
[spoiler]
Striking distance is... really close. I would not do that...[/spoiler]

Night fell fully and darkness shrouded the desert. The camp of mutants was hidden in complete darkness, they had no need for fire or light.  The regular demons pressed on. On the horizon, from where Thor was waiting, the huge winged flaming form of the Balor became visible as a bright spot. The hunters on watch stirred, and barked warnings in draconic.

And then a great panic took hold of the group - there was some heated exchange, the gist of which seemed to be that running, or rather, teleporting away, was not an option - neither the hunters nor the troll could teleport. They ended up doing the only thing they could think of - dig in.

[spoiler]
More later...[/spoiler]

mthor

• Email
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2011, 03:25:26 PM »
"I have a overactive imagination"Thor thought to himself as he felt the hot air blow his face and imagined that it was caused by the burning demon that lay several miles over the nearest dune. It was unfortunate that he couldn't effect the battle through direct involvement not only did he feel the ties that tied his soul to his spirits. He also was completely out of his weight class. He started slipping to a spot he had chosen that was a couple miles to the off the path the demons had chosen and watched. Once he saw the battle begin then he might bind a couple new vestige, and might be able to prepare a surprise for the victors.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2011, 11:25:39 AM »
The demons advanced, carelessly, one might say, empowered by their leader, a monster feared far and wide. They advanced at a hopping run, flying only short stretches or close to the ground in order to follow the trail. Demonic cavalry rode along the flanks, Vrocks, Babaus and the Balor forming a loose formation in the center.

The mutants lay in waiting, poised and ready, their only chance being the element of surprise and quick flanking action on the leader - if they could take down the balor, or at least occupy him in melee without a chance to effectively attack them from range with his magical abilities, then the other demons might waver and flee.

As Thor watched, the play unfolded. The demons strode into the trap, their heavy steps easily alerting the buried ambushers. The sand exploded forth in a flurry of claws and teeth, the attackers immediately singling out the Balor and flanking him, the mutant Vrocks taking the brunt of the fighting, while the Babaus, Troll, and sand hunters engaged the smaller demons.

However, to their dismay the mutants barely grazed their pursuer, at least the Balor was practically immune to their attacks. He roared with laughter, and began returning blows with sword and whip, but, to his irritation, the thick hide of the mutants severely lessened the impacts of sword, whip and claws, and even when the Vorpal sword hit hit home and severed a head, then there were enough others to keep the target alive.
The mutants attacked again with renewed effort, putting more force into their blows, and with that managed to graze the flaming demon. But even then, this was sadly ineffectual. The other mutants were quite powerful agains the smaller demons, but even then, many weak bites against the demon's inherent resistance to damage made the overall effect quite disappointing.

And then the Balor roared again, and a second Balor appeared and joined the fray. And after after a while of back and forth, the Balors finally decided that melee was not the way to go: Calling upon their inner magical powers they called forth dimensional rifts that disrupted the entire forms of their targets. Within a few seconds, two mutant Vrocks imploded in a spray of green blood.

That turned the tide. With their most powerful fighters so decimated, the mutants were demoralized. The demons broke from the melee and tried to organize a retreat, but it was a lost cause. Whenever they retreated, the cavalry charged the weaker mutants, and some demons teleported into their path. Once they were out of melee, the Balors followed up with more magic, and soon many of the smaller mutants were jabbering mindlessly or otherwise incapacitated.

Finally the remaining teleport capable mutants took off, with cries that MOTHER would avenge them. What remained was a battlefield still busy with mop-up, with the non-demonic mutants slowly killed off one by one as they fled or stood. The demons had lost a few of their smaller brethren, but the enormous power of the Balors had won the day.

mthor

• Email
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2011, 03:57:41 PM »
Thor watched as the group of hunters he had been stalking for so long where annihilated. The hunters had almost killed him in the one ambush that he had dared to perform and now the focused attention of the entire group had done next to nothing to the demons. "I may want to reconsider my rashly planned attack strategy." Thor mumbled to himself. It is unfortunate thought, that the teleport capable group was the one left standing. If they decide to just leave then I will be left with nothing for several weeks of work. "Stalking these demons it is," Thor once again mumbled. "What other choice do I have?"

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2011, 08:31:02 PM »
[spoiler]I must say I was a bit rash throwing a Balor in that fight... I had not imagined the mutants would hardly be able to scratch him. I had intended a mostly even fight, even siding towards the mutants, but... well, everyone makes mistakes. Now we must run with it :) Never worry...[/spoiler]

mthor

• Email
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2011, 12:25:04 AM »
[spoiler]I must say I was a bit rash throwing a Balor in that fight... I had not imagined the mutants would hardly be able to scratch him. I had intended a mostly even fight, even siding towards the mutants, but... well, everyone makes mistakes. Now we must run with it :) Never worry...[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Well then I will just have to take care of that problem for you. :sparta Killing the balor shouldn't be to hard right?  ;)[/spoiler]

mthor

• Email
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2011, 02:23:41 AM »
[spoiler]BTW I see that you are getting a new petal fey character and that the guy who was playing MARCV is switching characters. If it worked out in the RP realm I could join the posse so that we could have the introductions all in one butch. Also should I post stuff like this in the OOC instead of here?
[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2011, 06:39:14 AM »
As Thor watched, the mop-up was completed. However, not all the mutants were killed off. The Troll, one hunter, and one of the mutated demons were apprently dominated by the Balor, and strode off with them, docile as sheep.

The group finally moved off, westward. Again they cared little about stealth or concealing their movement - their trail was wide, and plain to see. Nor did they seem particularly alert. The shambled on, bickering among each other, occasionally picking on the troll for fun, and then watching as his wounds closed again.

They left behind the corpses of their victims. A person familiar with demons might notice a strange thing: the corpses of real demons quickly dissolved and left only a thin slimy film on the sand, but the mutated demons left real corpses.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:57:33 AM by Brainpiercing »

mthor

• Email
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2011, 04:39:02 PM »
Ignoring the stench that was already wafting out from corpses of the mutants, Thor silently swept in to examine the corpse. As he moved through the corpses and sand permeated with demon slime Thor was suddenly wishing he had spent more time listing to his grandfather as he ranted on and on about the traits and qualities of demons. Alas he had not retained any of the knowledge that was so generously poured into him. with a sigh and an ironic smile thor marked the position of the corpes in his mind.then he turned and with a quick inquiry thru his soul link set of to once again stalk the demons. All the while keeping his eyes peeled for any funny business.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2011, 11:10:56 AM »
The demons kept running westward, moving more slowly than during their pursuit, ambling around a bit at occasions. Their victims went with them without complaining - their will shut out, leaving their bodies mere puppets to the whim of their master.

They kept marching for throughout the night, tirelessly, while their prisoners' legs started to drag. The morning found them still underway, a grizzly sight.

[spoiler]
Should I let them pass by Aria and Felgryn so that you can meet up with them?[/spoiler]

mthor

• Email
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2011, 02:19:34 PM »
Thor continued following into the night. He kept pace well enought until the next morning when his soul suddenly felt lighter. He jumped of to re bind his vistiges again and perhaps get a little shut eye.
[spoiler]v dc 15/25
(1d20+18=37, 1d20+18=28)
[/spoiler][spoiler]

Should I let them pass by Aria and Felgryn so that you can meet up with them?
Its up to you but I'm game.[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2011, 08:44:43 AM »
[spoiler]
By now you are quite tired. Even with a few hours of sleep (not many, or else you lose the demons) you need to make a Con check DC 10 + 2 per hour for every hour you keep moving until you get a good night's sleep. If you fail, you take 1d6 nonlethal and are fatigued, likewise for the horse. Of course if you have abilities that remove that requirement then adjust accordingly.

And damn, demons DO need to rest, too, by RAW. ok. Only undead can run non-stop :P So... you will get your break, after all.[/spoiler]

The demons, while tireless, still became weary from their march - in any case, it was unusual for demons to spend so much time walking. After the first few began dropping out of formation, the leader called for a halt, and the troop rested for a few hours.

mthor

• Email
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2011, 08:14:09 PM »
Throwing himself on the ground thor gladly acceped the few hours of sleep that his persuit afforded him. " Tomorrow will come to soon" ,he murmered to his horse who cured up besides him to provide a source of heat against the desert night's chills.

[spoiler]I could see the demons needing less sleep then people. Do I still need to make the checks against fagitude then? Oh and sorry about the no post. My collage has apperently decided that engineering students don't need wifi. :rollseyes [/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2011, 09:49:28 PM »
[spoiler]They don't need to sleep at all, but they can't walk infinitely, because they take stun damage from forced marching and get fatigued, too.

And no problem about the shortage of posting, I haven't been quite up to it myself, these past few days, albeit for entirely different reasons. I'll post more plot stuff tomorrow, but we might have to delay a bit so that we can wait for Aria and Felgryn, who are still a day behind.[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2011, 10:07:48 AM »
[spoiler]
Alright, I'm taking the demons past the meeting of Aria and Felgryn - now you guys just have to meet. [/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2011, 11:09:34 AM »
As the demon horde moved on after resting, Thor's bird had no trouble keeping an eye on them - they seemed entirely unconcerned.

As the bird's eyes swept the horizon once, it saw strange figure a few miles ahead, somewhere near the path the demons were likely to take (if they went on as straight as they had been going).

mthor

• Email
« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2011, 03:23:21 PM »
[spoiler]Woops[/spoiler]
Miles away Thor's eyes narrowed in anticipation. There was of course the possibility that this solitary figure was a harmless peasant who had lost his way but so far the desert had only produced danger after danger. The fact that the figure was blocking the path of where the demons were was a good sign but regardless of whether or not the figure was friendly it was most likely dangerous. Thor kicked his horse into action as he instructed his bird to do a wing around of the figure.  The bird spent a little time observing the figure before alighting on the ground before him tilting its head to the right as if observing a strange spectacle. bird spot (1d20+7=21)