Author Topic: New to this could use some help  (Read 3356 times)

godzilla5939

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Re: New to this could use some help
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 11:04:08 AM »
Ya, I think I'll just take lesser aasimar and deal with it lol

Pimpforged

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 11:05:45 AM »
Beastmaster gets a bunch of weaker animal companions which the druid's animal mocks as it tears them to shreds with one arm while sipping a glass of wine with the other. If you're taking Beastmaster because you want to have a bunch of animal companions, sure go for it. If you want to optimize your character, go for druid. Not only will your animal companion be stronger, you will get spellcasting.

Stormlord is really, really, bad for druids, If you want to play one be a Cleric.

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 11:07:49 AM »
Ok I'll rethink beast master, Is Natural Bond worth spending a feat on? Also, on the topic of the marshall and dfa I would be all for using cohorts and such except my DM is very much anti-Leadership
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:14:32 AM by godzilla5939 »

Pimpforged

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 11:16:31 AM »
Depends, RAW, you can use it to offset some of the penalty for a better animal companion.

Example: Getting a Fleshraker lowers your effective druid level by 3 for determining extra hit dice, but taking Natural Bond eliminates that giving him more hit dice than he should have.

Some DMs will allow this and some will not as it doesn't really fit RAI it's more a mistake in wording on the part of the writers.

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 11:20:49 AM »
I cleared it with him, any suggestions for other feats that would fit well with my build, I was looking at Wild Feats but only 1 or 2 of them seem to be any good

godzilla5939

• Email
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 11:29:39 AM »
It seems that If I want to be really op though that I should just go straight Druid/Warblade for 20 levels each? Or are there and signifigant prcs that would offset losing levels off of either side

Pimpforged

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 11:42:44 AM »
Straight Druid // Warblade would be simple and powerful. If that is what you want to play, go for it, it should be more than good enough to get you through the campaign.

If you really want to optimize ridiculously, go with a Druid // Cleric build. DMM persist for yet more ridiculousness.

If I were playing the character, however, the build would be something like this:

Druid 5 // Whatever 5 (Probably swordsage or warblade)
Druid 3 // Warshaper 3
Druid 5 // Master of Many Forms 5

This will let you keep your full druid progression, while throwing in some extra wild shape goodies, as well as a touch of Tome of Battle.