Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164166 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #720 on: October 24, 2011, 03:37:43 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler]
You know, "you have a vast harem but will forever look ten years old" is actually a pretty good counter to my usual reaction of "oh no you're immortal, woe is you".[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Not necessarily true when most of them display some degree of shotacon love.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Personally its looking to be very likely the personal tragedy Chao was hoping to avert. He might come to regret things a century down the line, but the current him will push on through. Archer/Shirou scenario.

And he obviously can eventually have kids, Akamatsu won't paradox Chao out of the equation like that would he? Plus hes the descendant of the Lifemaker, such a thing would only involve More Science! Like how he Scienced Chachamaru a soul.

So people who'd be perfectly fine with an eternal shota Negi:
-Eva, someone physically her physical age and similarly eternal? Both capable of shapechanging. Fun!
-Chachamaru, Threesome yay!
-Ayakam that goddamn shotacon.
[/spoiler]
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #721 on: October 26, 2011, 03:14:07 AM »
I'm calling it before Bleach is released.

[spoiler]Cuts-Into-your-Past guy cannot shove him self into your immediate past. Aizen as as "soon" as he can go. Captain Pride developed a new technique during the time skip and Cuts doesn't know it.

It's the most logical answer, so let's see how far off the bead Kite does things. Like Pride ignores his damage range and slices the crap out of him self or w/e (nobody dies in bleach!).[/spoiler]
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #722 on: October 27, 2011, 10:23:34 AM »
Naruto
[spoiler]

We did it! We managed to togheter stop the giant meteor by pooling our strenghts togheter!
Madara: Ok, now eat a quickened one.

Also looks that a measly clone from Naruto is worth more than a Kage.

And the scariest thing is that no matter how hax Madara is now, the other masked dude will be more! :P

[/spoiler]

Mooncrow

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #723 on: October 27, 2011, 11:21:32 AM »
Naruto
[spoiler]

We did it! We managed to togheter stop the giant meteor by pooling our strenghts togheter!
Madara: Ok, now eat a quickened one.

Also looks that a measly clone from Naruto is worth more than a Kage.

And the scariest thing is that no matter how hax Madara is now, the other masked dude will be more! :P

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]and then we all have to act surprised when "shocking truth" of masked dude's identity is revealed :p  /yawn[/spoiler]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #724 on: October 27, 2011, 06:29:12 PM »
Bleach
[spoiler]Oh for fuck's sake. You know how Goblins gets away with cutting away? The run with a group for weeks (months!) and wrap things up like a season break. Tite is running this fight like an ADHD kid on a mix of Redbull and Speed. And it wouldn't be a DBZ knock off unless someone else figured out how to shoot a big wave of energy like the hero![/spoiler]

Naruto
[spoiler]Haxxor! Mega-plot-eyes + cheater-eyes + I-can-steal-bloodlines-eat-my-wood-magic + my summon is the nine tails. And he knows and exploits the fact he don't need contingency(teleport after casting locate city). Still pretty fascinating though.

Makes you wonder what his still living brother can do (just a random guess who he is).[/spoiler]
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #726 on: October 28, 2011, 09:46:32 AM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #727 on: October 28, 2011, 10:32:08 AM »
One Piece has been more linear than Naruto. Sail into the sea to look for the titular One Piece.

Luffy is still doing what he set himself to achieve way back in the first chapter. He just stops here and there to upgrade his ship and crew and deal with the current bad organization that's preventing him from upgrading his ship and crew. Right now

[spoiler]
He went into fishman island because it was in his original route, and he cannot leave untill he deals with the fishman.

[/spoiler]

Heck, from a campaign point of view, One Piece is a massive railroad where despite you tecnically being in the open sea, you need to follow a pre-determined route from island A to B to C to D and so on with the ocasional side quest and secret location before geting back in the rails.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #728 on: October 28, 2011, 06:17:17 PM »
Nanoha Force 17
[spoiler]Touma is two years older than Vivio huh.[/spoiler]
EDIT
[spoiler]Gathering their allies and family...if its referring to our three aces, are they starting a war or something?[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:26:35 PM by veekie »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #729 on: October 28, 2011, 08:03:31 PM »
Nanoha Force 17
[spoiler]Touma is two years older than Vivio huh.[/spoiler]
EDIT
[spoiler]Gathering their allies and family...if its referring to our three aces, are they starting a war or something?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Tanuki Hayate? And don't be silly, they're always triple rooms.

This is probably the closest Force has come to acknowleding that ViVid exists, huh?

And I thought they meant gathering more Eclipse infectees or something.[/spoiler]
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #730 on: October 29, 2011, 07:33:09 AM »
Force
[spoiler]Well, it looks like they're giving a pretext for a reunion of Riot 6(see Teana going to pick up her new BFG). As for Tanuki Hayate, she tends to be depicted as one fairly often, Fate IIRC tends to turn up as a puppy(cute abandoned puppy), Nanoha as a bunny. Not sure the origin of that though.

ViVid, I think, would be set during Nanoha's forced vacation(after the damage she did to herself with Blaster 3 in the StrikerS finale), so I guess she was off the force for maybe 2-3 years to heal.[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]