Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164238 times)

oslecamo

• Grape ape
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #700 on: October 22, 2011, 09:11:19 AM »
Negima
[spoiler]
So Setsuna's a royaltycon? She seems quite submissive to the princess of darkness on top of the other two princesses on the class.

[/spoiler]

Also finished watching Macross Frontier
[spoiler]
Cubey was right, there's some awesome battle scenes later on, but damn did the animators repeat the vajra animations every couple episodes!

Most memorable moments

Ranka: I-I can't fight sing anymore!
Sheryl: Women up you crybaby! *Bright Slap* Now go out there and fight sing!

Clan Lang: KIDNEY LOVE PUNCH! Now kiss me you fool!
Mikhail: Oh gods the crunching pain! I hope it doesn't numb down my reflexes as we're being swarmed by Vajra! *gets impaled some seconds later*
Clan Lang: Wait, what do you mean physically injuring our love interest can produce negative effects?

Shirei:
Sheryl: I-I can't fight sing anymore!
Ranka: Women up you crybaby! * Transdimensional Bright Slap* Now go out there and fight sing!

[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #701 on: October 22, 2011, 09:35:23 AM »
Negima
[spoiler]Well, Nobility-con maybe. But Konoka is her Special Princess.[/spoiler]
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #702 on: October 22, 2011, 11:27:49 AM »
Negima
[spoiler]So Setsuna isn't gay, she's just a regiphile? In her fantasy I swear Konoka is cosplaying Irisviel.

Quote from: Haruna
And one day, this pen will control both worlds!
Oh Paru...

Eva has the best expressions. And apparently she gained a level in sadist.
Quote from: Evangeline
This is rather enjoyable in its own way.
[/spoiler]
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #704 on: October 22, 2011, 12:42:57 PM »
Negima
[spoiler]Just sleep with Konoka already, you stupid bird.

And yes, DAT EVANGELINE. In general Setsuna got trolled hard this chapter. Also gotta love how Sayo is just Asakura's shoulder pet by now.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #705 on: October 22, 2011, 02:13:09 PM »
Negima
[spoiler]Yay more Secchan love. Or, rather, more of her being a lovable ditz. Either way, I'm fine with it.

Also, nice to see that Konoka is studying properly for her goal.

And lol Eva.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mooncrow

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #706 on: October 22, 2011, 03:03:37 PM »
Negima
[spoiler]"Eva has the best expressions. And apparently she gained a level in sadist."
+1 - god I love Eva[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #707 on: October 22, 2011, 04:00:15 PM »
Negima[spoiler]
Quote from: Haruna
And one day, this pen will control both worlds!
Oh Paru...
[/spoiler]
Negi knew not what he unleashed upon both worlds that day.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #708 on: October 23, 2011, 01:56:11 PM »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #709 on: October 23, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »
Persona 4 ep 3
[spoiler]
Holy crap! MC can swap Personas... I got completely offguard here, thinking he would stick with Izanagi until the end...

But Jack o' Lantern/Pyro Jack isn't that awesome  :rollseyes

And I liked Yukiko's invitation from the game more... even if only for the fanservice  :smirk

I am actually liking the way the anime is presenting us with the thoughts of the people in the "other dimension"... in game we could only hear it... actually seeing what they mean is a lot better...
[/spoiler]

EDIT: Persona4 3
[spoiler]Chie's Persona is introduced. IIV is a rather wird way of writing 3 with Roman numerals (should be III), but in any case it's the Empress, which is... kind of weird, in Chie's hands of all people. Also, it seems like they're going for one new Persona per episode. I thought maybe Yukiko and Chie would both get Personas in this episode, but I guess Yukiko is for next week?

More importantly, so Izanagi can change forms based on new 'bonds' Narukami makes with people, huh? Should get interesting. I don't see a lot of correlation between Jack Lantern here and either Chie or Yosuke, though...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yeah... Chie represents Chariot. The card was just messed up.

And the MC doesn't change Izanagi into something else... he summons another entirely different Persona from within...

For the next episode, if MC summons someone from Chariot Arcana, I hope it's Eligor or Ares... most of the Personae from the Chariot Arcana are quite ugly  :rollseyes
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #710 on: October 23, 2011, 03:10:58 PM »
^^
Mara.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #711 on: October 23, 2011, 04:06:13 PM »
^^
Mara.

Mara's level is way too high for our MC... right now. Perhaps in the end of the series?

...No, I refuse to see that thing animated. Thanks for the mindrape  :shakefist

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #712 on: October 23, 2011, 04:22:47 PM »
^^
Mara.

Mara's level is way too high for our MC... right now. Perhaps in the end of the series?

...No, I refuse to see that thing animated. Thanks for the mindrape  :shakefist

Don't worry, Japanese law would probably prevent that from happening.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #713 on: October 24, 2011, 09:13:10 AM »
Negima 342
[spoiler]Battles are also a form of fan service.  :D
And also looking like a fusion between Remilia and Cirno  :D
And yes Negi is no longer human.  :clap

And...

[spoiler]

Yes, he will not die even when killed.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:18:19 AM by Nick »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #714 on: October 24, 2011, 09:33:32 AM »
Negima 341
342. You'll confuse people! :o
My work

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #715 on: October 24, 2011, 11:07:57 AM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

kamikasei

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #716 on: October 24, 2011, 12:01:36 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler]
You know, "you have a vast harem but will forever look ten years old" is actually a pretty good counter to my usual reaction of "oh no you're immortal, woe is you".[/spoiler]
Bardiche/Raising Heart OTP.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #717 on: October 24, 2011, 12:20:05 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler]
You know, "you have a vast harem but will forever look ten years old" is actually a pretty good counter to my usual reaction of "oh no you're immortal, woe is you".[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Not necessarily true when most of them display some degree of shotacon love.[/spoiler]
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #718 on: October 24, 2011, 01:23:32 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler]

[spoiler]Not necessarily true when most of them display some degree of shotacon love.[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #719 on: October 24, 2011, 02:20:29 PM »
[spoiler]
Evangeline seems to have retrained her Alice side in Cirno. Did anyone ever see her puppet again?

Wait, did Negi just turn... Into... a FIENDISH SPARKLING VAMPIRE? :twitch

[spoiler][size=8]
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU[/size]
[/i]
[/spoiler]

Disadvantages? Gimme a freaking break! He walks out in the sun just fine! Heck he can turn into a living sun! Nobody could notice anything wrong with him until he was cut in half and instantly healed!

Shota body? A small pill and he becomes your standard teenager bishonen no problem! It has no freaking disadvantages whatsoever!

Seriously this is one of the worst moments I ever seen in manga. Worst than the whole freaking Bleach Aizen arc.

[/spoiler]