Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164183 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #660 on: October 10, 2011, 11:19:10 AM »
Negima 340
[spoiler]Oh god Ayaka[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Love > Magia Erebea

I wonder what kind of power Leek Girl will get though.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:32:25 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #661 on: October 10, 2011, 03:28:30 PM »
Persona 4 ep1
[spoiler]While I did enjoy the first chapter, I have this feeling that it was somewhat rushed... I couldn't even enjoy Yousuke getting owned after breaking Chie's Trial of the Dragon...
[/spoiler]

Persona4 1
[spoiler]God I hate that fucking bear already.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]At least his american version (from the game) made some (though lame) bear jokes (...that's BEARly unBEARable)...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Expected Narukami to be more feminine, does the fanart just shoehorn him into bishiedom?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]How can someone with the potential to become the Pimp Master be feminine!? (don't answer  :rollseyes)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Speaking of bishies...
[spoiler][/spoiler]
FABULOUS. Betcha he'll be the BBEG or the Mysterious Wild Card.

And of course the protagonist gets the Fool.[/spoiler]

HUGE SPOILERS AHEAD. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.
[spoiler]Since Persona 3, the guy who gets the Fool Arcana automatically becomes the Wild Card (as in, capable of summoning multiple Personae). So, the MC is the Wild Card... but I find it very hard that the MC will summon something else aside from Izanagi.

So, from the choices above, one is already taken...
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #662 on: October 10, 2011, 03:38:39 PM »
Persona4 1

[spoiler]At least his american version (from the game) made some (though lame) bear jokes (...that's BEARly unBEARable)...[/spoiler]
The sub I'm watching has him doing bear jokes as well. Why do you think I said I hate him already? :P
For the record, in Japanese he ends his sentences in "-kuma", which means bear. That's why they translated it into bear puns. Doesn't make me want to murder the thing any less though.

Also, in case anyone cares, I have zero familiarity with any part of the Persona franchise other than a general awareness that it's about cool and weird mons.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:41:04 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #663 on: October 10, 2011, 03:58:52 PM »
Also, in case anyone cares, I have zero familiarity with any part of the Persona franchise other than a general awareness that it's about cool and weird mons.

WHAT!? YOU.... YOU... YOU HERETIC! YOU SHALL BURN IN THE PYRE FOR NOT KNOWING ABOUT PERSONA... OR EVEN MEGATEN SERIES!!  :shakefist

*stops to think*

...Wait, so you did read the spoilers?  :twitch

I will keep that in mind from now on...

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #664 on: October 10, 2011, 04:18:18 PM »
...Wait, so you did read the spoilers?  :twitch

I will keep that in mind from now on...
Nope. As long as I have the opportunity not to read them (say, because someone is thoughtful enough to put them in spoilerblocks), I don't read them.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #665 on: October 10, 2011, 04:19:50 PM »
Persona4 1

The sub I'm watching has him doing bear jokes as well. Why do you think I said I hate him already? :P
For the record, in Japanese he ends his sentences in "-kuma", which means bear. That's why they translated it into bear puns. Doesn't make me want to murder the thing any less though.

Actually, Megaten in general is usually about aiding Satan in his battles against God, because God is repressive and anal-retentive whereas Satan is chaotic but creative.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

kamikasei

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #666 on: October 10, 2011, 04:45:34 PM »
Negima.[spoiler]I'm wondering what the actual artifact that grants Ayaka that power is. Psychic paper?[/spoiler]
Bardiche/Raising Heart OTP.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #667 on: October 10, 2011, 04:52:38 PM »
Negima.[spoiler]I'm wondering what the actual artifact that grants Ayaka that power is. Psychic paper?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Either the costume itself or the costume plus a bouquet of roses is my guess.
EDIT: Or possibly the choker/necklace.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1450[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 04:54:31 PM by Agita »

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #668 on: October 11, 2011, 10:49:47 AM »
Research break

FFFFFF....

see you on October 19th!

Oh.
I'm okay with that.

As for the chapter itself.

[spoiler]Of course Chizuru's artifact is a leek.

So, Negi's harem could easily take over the world by now, if they wanted to. Make sure not to give Paru any ideas.[/spoiler]

Also, DEM REACTION FACES. Every page has one. Often several.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #669 on: October 11, 2011, 02:58:20 PM »
Negima
[spoiler]Nice to see a more serious side of Ayaka, although nearly reversing the Pactio was funny.

Looks like that's two more for the pocket book.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #670 on: October 11, 2011, 08:20:10 PM »
Fate/Zero 2
[spoiler]
"Go and face Archer on his own territory he said. It will be no problem he said. Face the king of kings when you're a faceless mook he said"-gotta love assassin's optimism. :P

Also, proof that goldie doesn't have any problem showing his pimped armor to even maggots. :smirk

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Of course Chizuru's artifact is a leek.

So, Negi's harem could easily take over the world by now, if they wanted to. Make sure not to give Paru any ideas.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
You mean they couldn't take over the world before between the vampire loli/puppeteer, sword girl, ninja girl, gun girl and all the hax artifacts they already had? :p

Also bet that when the next big bad shows up, Negi will refuse to just sneak on him/her with that artifact to finish it quickly.
[/spoiler]

Now on a more unusual question about Macross Frontier. I tried watching it once and, well, I quit around the 5th episode because it was just too much harem for very little mecha action. But

[spoiler]
I recently heard that the last episode is suposed to be some big badass mecha-fleet battle. Will I be losing anything important if I just jump to the last episode for the mecha combat goodyness?
[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #671 on: October 12, 2011, 10:16:45 AM »
Neg
[spoiler]Before it was available via superior firepower... maybe. But now they can just do it diplomatically. Like, really easily.[/spoiler]

Macross Frontier:
It's not a harem, it's a love triangle because there are only two girls and one guy. I agree though that the first eps are kinda slow on the action.

It gets better, oh yes it does. I can think of at least three episodes that are too awesome to skip if you just move to the last ep. So I suggest watching instead.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #672 on: October 12, 2011, 11:24:27 AM »
Just finished To Aru Majutsu no Index season 1, and started on To Aru Kagaku no Railgun.

Oh god, Kuroko. :lmao
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #673 on: October 12, 2011, 01:58:50 PM »
Naruto
[spoiler]Curve ball. Interesting.[/spoiler]

One Piece
[spoiler]Not much to say.[/spoiler]

Bleach
[spoiler]Meh. More 1-upmanship.[/spoiler]

Air Gear
[spoiler]Ok, so finally all Ringo/Iki shippers will be happy. I would have preferred Kururu but oh well. Kilik just activated the Sky Regalia?[/spoiler]

Fairy Tail
[spoiler]He should have draw it out more before delivering the McGuffin to return the main characters.[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #674 on: October 12, 2011, 03:52:01 PM »
Oh god, Kuroko. :lmao
Best part of the show.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #675 on: October 12, 2011, 11:55:55 PM »
Naruto
[spoiler]Curve ball. Interesting.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]No kidding. Now instead of people talking about what was in the casket, now people are back at square one with who is Tobi?[/spoiler]
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

MrWiggles

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #676 on: October 13, 2011, 01:10:07 AM »
Naruto
[spoiler] I stalled on Naruto. After the Pain Arc, Naruto got really weird. The story elements with Sosuke were still interesting, but having Naruto becoming this conscientious objector pacifist, with Sakura falsing declaring her love him. I dont know, it got really weird. Bad weird.[/spoiler]

Spoilers
[spoiler]
I've never understood the concept of spoilers. I dont see how knowing something in advance, can ruin something for you. Its like claiming that knowing how a magic trick is done, ruins it for you. Why? Now not only can you now appreciate the spectacle but now you can also admire its craftsmanship. I also dont think spoilers really exist. Even with a basic understanding of story structure, and fiction tropes, you can accurately read 'script', and know what's going to happen. This wont prevent you being surprised either, or make you not enjoy the show.

They also make threads like this annoying as well.
[/spoiler]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #677 on: October 13, 2011, 03:17:42 AM »
I don't even check this thread until I've read the manga and I try to spoil that as fast as I can even if it's just the RAWs until a translation gets put up. Newer work schedule ended the RAW hunting but meh.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

MrWiggles

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #678 on: October 13, 2011, 08:08:07 AM »
I don't even check this thread until I've read the manga and I try to spoil that as fast as I can even if it's just the RAWs until a translation gets put up. Newer work schedule ended the RAW hunting but meh.

I can read the weekly release /way/ to fast, to make really worth my while to keep up with. I generally have to let them build up, til there about an hour or so worth of reading materiel.

I would by the compliplations, but they're to expensive for how long it takes me to read through them. I just reread stuff. About the only magna I've reread, has been DB, YYH and Akira.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #679 on: October 14, 2011, 11:32:28 AM »
Guilty Crown ep1 - my head hurts.
My work