Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164286 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #600 on: September 27, 2011, 12:25:04 PM »
Negima
[spoiler]Chisame: "Oh yeah, your gonna get stabbed and killed one day! No, I'm gonna stab you, and then I'll die too!"

Akamatsu really does read his fans' works. That's the plot of an H Doujin I've read.

Also SPAAAAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE! Akamatsu shows his work again. Must be hard to research between his wife's legs though.

And more Chisame without clothes on. Always welcome more of that.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #601 on: September 27, 2011, 01:31:27 PM »
Negima
[spoiler]
So either's Negi geting soft, or Chisame's somehow superated Jack Ragan in catching their oponents off-guard.

Mars colonization? Sci-fi? Philosphical/economic/religious implications? Who wants to bet the next arc will be Gundam Negi? :p

And strip sneezes for punchline. Never gets old. Dear students, please don't notice the naked lady beating the crap out of the shota super sayan.
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #602 on: September 27, 2011, 03:23:39 PM »
Negima
[spoiler]Well, after all their adventures, even Chisame would be at a significant power level now. Shes no longer at the power level of a cat! EDIT: Wait, shes got a bit of a glow, I think shes just drawing on the pactio power to smack him one and then screw Chachamaru.
Love the return to the lighthearted even with a serious backdrop.

Also, magic comes from life eh. So I guess magical space travel would be pretty tricky(on the other hand the hard part is getting out of the gravity well and magic certainly can help with that).
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 03:26:19 PM by veekie »
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #603 on: September 27, 2011, 04:05:04 PM »
Negima
[spoiler]Well, after all their adventures, even Chisame would be at a significant power level now. Shes no longer at the power level of a cat! EDIT: Wait, shes got a bit of a glow, I think shes just drawing on the pactio power to smack him one and then screw Chachamaru.

Also, magic comes from life eh. So I guess magical space travel would be pretty tricky(on the other hand the hard part is getting out of the gravity well and magic certainly can help with that).
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Thing is, Negi was suposed to have such honed battle instincts that not even Jack could catch him by suprise anymore. And then Chisame sends him flying and crashing.

[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #604 on: September 27, 2011, 04:41:06 PM »
Negima

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Thing is, Negi was suposed to have such honed battle instincts that not even Jack could catch him by suprise anymore. And then Chisame sends him flying and crashing.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]He lets her. Duh.

Its not like she can hurt him.[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #605 on: September 27, 2011, 05:37:55 PM »
Negima

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The reason Rakan couldn't catch Negi unaware is he doesn't have Tsundere powers on his side. Duh.[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #607 on: September 27, 2011, 06:17:21 PM »
Nekogami Yaoyorozu 12
[spoiler]...why did they need to climb over the wall with a rope? I thought they could fly.
Yes, Mayu is a girl, in case you'd forgotten.
Yuzu is the most polite tsundere I've ever seen. And Amane is tsungire.[/spoiler]

Negima

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The reason Rakan couldn't catch Negi unaware is he doesn't have Tsundere powers on his side. Duh.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Tsundere Rakan > TTGL[/spoiler]
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #609 on: September 27, 2011, 08:18:02 PM »
Do keep in mind, this is Akamatsu's work. The guy practically trademarked the Megaton Punch with Naru. And Chisame is based off of her, at least somewhat.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #610 on: September 27, 2011, 08:18:04 PM »
Negima
[spoiler]Chisame: "Oh yeah, your gonna get stabbed and killed one day! No, I'm gonna stab you, and then I'll die too!"

Akamatsu really does read his fans' works. That's the plot of an H Doujin I've read.

Also SPAAAAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE! Akamatsu shows his work again. Must be hard to research between his wife's legs though.

And more Chisame without clothes on. Always welcome more of that.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]How do you think he can draw those full body shots that look so good?  ;)[/spoiler]
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #611 on: October 01, 2011, 07:16:10 AM »
Vivid 23
[spoiler]Ooo, iaijutsu.

Also Einhart fights fast[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #612 on: October 01, 2011, 11:27:08 AM »
Anyone follow Fairy Tail? I just got seriously trolled.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #613 on: October 01, 2011, 12:11:16 PM »
Anyone follow Fairy Tail? I just got seriously trolled.

No kiddin'
I actually didn't see that one coming.

[spoiler]Remains to be seen how the characters will be returned. I hope it's going to take a few weeks, would be better stylistically. I don't believe for a second that they're gone, though that would be hilarious in a way.[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #614 on: October 01, 2011, 10:01:35 PM »
Fate/Zero 1
[spoiler]It begins.

Fuck you, Zouken. So much. :shakefist[/spoiler]

EDIT: Dantalian 12
[spoiler]Welp. It's post-WWI, and the bad guys spoke German. Should've knownt hey were in cahoots with the Nazis.
Library Girl (I'm still calling her Dantalian) is... Pandora?[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:42:04 AM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #615 on: October 02, 2011, 06:19:29 PM »
Fate/Zero 1
[spoiler]It begins.

[spoiler]Zouken: *laughs*[/spoiler]

EDIT: Dantalian 12
[spoiler]Welp. It's post-WWI, and the bad guys spoke German. Should've knownt hey were in cahoots with the Nazis.
Library Girl (I'm still calling her Dantalian) is... Pandora?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Lol at the Biblioprincesses trashtalking each other. "Do you still wet the bed?"

Those zombies were awfully patient, apparently just standing in one spot while all the drama was going on.

I wanna know what exactly that book of Epic Turning was. Did Madoka Dantalian Unnamed Library Girl write it? Did Huey write it?

The reading scene:
  • Children playing on a beach at night, a biplane flies past.
  • An old woman and two children sitting by the fire - the moon is visible, so they're possibly the same children.
  • Dalian and an old man in what appears to be her book room; the latter is presumably Wesley Disward. Closeup of his hands on his cane - are those patterns similar to Dalian's lock or am I overthinking things?
  • Dalian at a weird angle - I think she's leaving a wreath at a gravestone.
  • Dalian on a battlefield with someone who appears to be friggin' Joan of Arc. Previous keykeeper?
  • Dalian staring, cutting to Dalian looking down (in both senses of the word).
  • Dantalian and another pink-haired girl prancing around in togas, with Greco-Roman architecture in the background. Closeup on Dantalian's face.
  • Dantalian trying to stop the minotaur from passing, surrounded by flames. Possibly related to the library's warden
  • Dantalian opens a box, and shadows come out. Outside, pink light blasts into the sky.
  • (Dantalian/Huey dialogue)
  • A woman in white with silver hair and blue eyes looking out on a futuristic city with a strange expression. Flam?
[/spoiler]
Oh, and given that DnS is pretty episodic, the block of stories it adapted wasn't continuous. Presumably some will be adapted in season 2, but it also makes that novel translation more interesting...
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #616 on: October 02, 2011, 08:48:55 PM »
Fate/Zero 1
[spoiler]It begins.

[spoiler]Zouken: *laughs*[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I love what they did with his laugh. It's all "hur hur", like an old pervert laughing at a dirty joke. Which is... very appropriate. It just makes me hate the old jerk all the more.[/spoiler]

Dantalian 12
[spoiler]
I wanna know what exactly that book of Epic Turning was. Did Madoka Dantalian Unnamed Library Girl write it? Did Huey write it?
If you look at the text closely, it's the same as the lyrics to the OP song.
I think the implication is that it's Huey's book, but it's not necessarily written by Huey. Episode 11 does indicate that he can use incomplete Phantom Books.

Dalian and an old man in what appears to be her book room; the latter is presumably Wesley Disward. Closeup of his hands on his cane - are those patterns similar to Dalian's lock or am I overthinking things?
Almost certaily Wes. I didn't notice anything special about his cane while watching; you're probably overthinking.
Dalian on a battlefield with someone who appears to be friggin' Joan of Arc. Previous keykeeper?
Most likely. First Madoka, now Dantalian. A new trendsetter for Beethoven Was An Alien Spy?
Dantalian and another pink-haired girl prancing around in togas, with Greco-Roman architecture in the background. Closeup on Dantalian's face.
Dantalian trying to stop the minotaur from passing, surrounded by flames. Possibly related to the library's warden
Dantalian opens a box, and shadows come out. Outside, pink light blasts into the sky.
The latter two seem to be callbacks to specific Greek myths to me. The minotaur is obvious, and is very likely also the Library's warden (ironic that the Minotaur is the warden rather than the prisoner). The box reminds me of Pandora, and the "evils" it released may well be what causes Phantom Books to be created.
A woman in white with silver hair and blue eyes looking out on a futuristic city with a strange expression. Flam?
I thought she looked like Dantalian at first, in retrospect I'm not sure why I thought that. Might be Flam, yeah.
[/spoiler]

kamikasei

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #617 on: October 02, 2011, 08:50:41 PM »
Fate/Zero:
[spoiler]I was going to post "What, no Zero Suit Saber?". Then, ED. Hooray![/spoiler]
Also it's nice that I feel like I might have the faintest hope of following what the hell is going on without already knowing the source material, in contrast to UBW.
Bardiche/Raising Heart OTP.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #618 on: October 02, 2011, 09:00:35 PM »
[spoiler]
Dalian on a battlefield with someone who appears to be friggin' Joan of Arc. Previous keykeeper?
Most likely. First Madoka, now Dantalian. A new trendsetter for Beethoven Was An Alien Spy?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Dalian is an Incubator who forms contracts with people to turn them into Counter Guardians. :p[/spoiler]

Also it's nice that I feel like I might have the faintest hope of following what the hell is going on without already knowing the source material, in contrast to UBW.
You have read all three routes of Fate/stay night though, right? *draws shotgun*

The F/SN spoilers start about a minute in and don't stop.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:04:06 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #619 on: October 02, 2011, 09:09:34 PM »
You have read all three routes of Fate/stay night though, right? *draws shotgun*

The F/SN spoilers start about a minute in and don't stop.
But F/SN spoils F/Z. You just can't win.