Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164284 times)

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #520 on: August 23, 2011, 01:10:08 PM »
Ah, Carnival Phantasm. So silly. So amusing.

Also, Neko Arc.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #521 on: August 23, 2011, 01:23:06 PM »
Also, Neko Arc.
Many Neko Arcs. I recognised Neko-Arc Chaos and Original Recipe at the start, but not the others.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #523 on: August 24, 2011, 04:15:49 PM »
Bleach
[spoiler]Wait did I say 6 people put their energy in the sword...

They also covered giving energy to humans and finally revealed who is the substitute shinigami that was mentioned around the middle of the arc obviously to explain him popping up later.
[spoiler]It's Ginjo

Ginjo & Sylar both were BBEGs, both kept their respective series running a bit longer. So why is it the media portrays Blue Mage type people as evil and also relay on them for story expansions?[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Naruto
[spoiler]Naruto's energy is running pretty low and he got some good advice. Coming soon: Sage Kuubi mode.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:17:58 PM by SorO_Lost »
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #524 on: August 24, 2011, 09:03:21 PM »
Bleach:
[spoiler]
Didn't Urahara get physically repelled last time he tried to enter the Soul Society?
[/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #525 on: August 24, 2011, 11:45:13 PM »
Bleach:
[spoiler]So now he has to fight the former Spirit Detective Substitute Shinigami. Hopefully there's a Dark Tournament arc coming up...[/spoiler]

Naruto:
[spoiler]I'm actually curious to see if Jiraiya will be the next of the undead.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 11:58:12 PM by skydragonknight »
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #526 on: August 25, 2011, 12:04:34 AM »
Bleach:
[spoiler]
Didn't Urahara get physically repelled last time he tried to enter the Soul Society?
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]It was never explained why but best guessed as banishment after escaping his punishment. There kind is an unexplained plot of hole why a couple captains didn't just knock on his door one day. *shurgs*[/spoiler]

Bleach:
[spoiler]So now he has to fight the former Spirit Detective Substitute Shinigami. Hopefully there's a Dark Tournament arc coming up...[/spoiler]

Naruto:
[spoiler]I'm actually curious to see if Jiraiya will be the next of the undead.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I wonder if Ginjou's power will be totally based on stealing fullbrings, or in fact he already was powerful due to being a human.

Also Kabuto admitted that he didn't have Jiraiya, and asked Madara about burrowing Pain's weapons for the DNA but was shot down.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:06:05 AM by SorO_Lost »
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #527 on: August 26, 2011, 03:27:16 AM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #528 on: August 26, 2011, 02:08:49 PM »
Negima
[spoiler]Page 9=Damn. He does know how to spoil us, doesn't he?

The arc is finally done, but I rather enjoyed it in spite of the length. This arc provided a wonderful amount of background for a gamer like me, and the pacing was decent. The fights more than made up for the length too.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #529 on: August 26, 2011, 03:16:16 PM »
Negima

The arc is finally done, but I rather enjoyed it in spite of the length. This arc provided a wonderful amount of background for a gamer like me, and the pacing was decent. The fights more than made up for the length too.[/spoiler]

I kinda expected boobies on page 9. It isn't fan service without some skin you know.

Also, I don't think I like Redhawk at all. Trying to jump to a page only made me sit there while the entire thing loaded. Did you know Mangareader hosts Negima too?
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #530 on: August 26, 2011, 04:27:10 PM »
I kinda expected boobies on page 9. It isn't fan service without some skin you know.

[spoiler]I was more interested in the elegance in that image. Rather fitting considering recent developments.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #531 on: August 26, 2011, 05:22:05 PM »
Negima

Also, I don't think I like Redhawk at all. Trying to jump to a page only made me sit there while the entire thing loaded. Did you know Mangareader hosts Negima too?
Redhawk is the subber group, and since I get my updates via RSS from them, I'm reading it usually before its up on ANY hosts.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

kamikasei

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #532 on: August 27, 2011, 09:54:51 AM »
Negima.
[spoiler]Page 7 - Nodoka's expression, Yue's angle.[/spoiler]
Bardiche/Raising Heart OTP.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #533 on: September 02, 2011, 08:26:52 PM »
Dantalian no Shoka 8
First part: I've heard this story before. :p
Second part: That British picnic had people using chopsticks to eat sandwiches. Wut.
[spoiler]They're awfully... nonchalant at the end.[/spoiler]
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #534 on: September 03, 2011, 03:04:36 AM »
Negima 336
[spoiler]Fate: He already belongs to me.[/spoiler]
XD
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 03:22:55 AM by veekie »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #535 on: September 03, 2011, 04:50:27 AM »
Negima 336
XD

[spoiler]Damn...this rival can give a class a panic attack just stepping into the room.

And Yue's memories aren't fixed yet? My my...[/spoiler]
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #536 on: September 03, 2011, 05:22:51 AM »
Its all in the PTSD.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #537 on: September 03, 2011, 09:16:38 AM »
Negima 336
XD
[spoiler]"The Strongest Love(?) Rival Appears!!"[/spoiler]
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #539 on: September 03, 2011, 10:15:17 AM »
Negima
[spoiler]I'm glad things are back to "normal", but I do want to see some interactions with the people who are just now learning about magic.

Nice to see Kotaro's comfortable enough around Chizu-nee and Ayaka that he can keep the ears out.

And Tertium's teaching?![/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]