Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164162 times)

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #480 on: August 12, 2011, 09:56:09 AM »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #481 on: August 12, 2011, 12:38:05 PM »
I'd play that!
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #482 on: August 12, 2011, 04:27:22 PM »
Id play that provided i got homura...

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #483 on: August 12, 2011, 05:22:36 PM »
Am I the only one who didn't get sound in that video?

Mami's playstyle reminded me of BlazBlue, for some reason. And Homura's?

Metal Slug.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #484 on: August 12, 2011, 06:48:08 PM »
Am I the only one who didn't get sound in that video?

Mami's playstyle reminded me of BlazBlue, for some reason. And Homura's?

Metal Slug.

Because the crossed guns stance she used is identical to one of noel's attacks?

I liked metal slug though.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #485 on: August 12, 2011, 08:32:25 PM »
Because the crossed guns stance she used is identical to one of noel's attacks?
I thought Noel's attacks were based on Equilibrium though.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #486 on: August 12, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »

So were Mami's. That's how it all connects.

And yes, I liked Metal Slug too. Just making an obvious "magical girl with guns and bombs lol" joke here.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #487 on: August 13, 2011, 10:23:27 AM »

So were Mami's. That's how it all connects.

And yes, I liked Metal Slug too. Just making an obvious "magical girl with guns and bombs lol" joke here.

Yeah I like it too
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #488 on: August 17, 2011, 08:44:42 PM »
Bleach
[spoiler]Kenpachi appearing without his bells and eye patch? Even his zanpakuto doesn't look so worn down and cracked now.[/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #489 on: August 17, 2011, 09:32:13 PM »
Bleach
[spoiler]Kenpachi appearing without his bells and eye patch? Even his zanpakuto doesn't look so worn down and cracked now.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]It may finally be time for him to show his released state.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #490 on: August 17, 2011, 10:36:16 PM »
Bleach

[spoiler]It may finally be time for him to show his released state.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I just want to know what happened to Yachiru.[/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #491 on: August 18, 2011, 01:38:34 AM »
Bleach

Bleach
[spoiler]Toshiro's hair changed too, less of a super saiyen look for more grown out.

Also, it seems Kubo is skipping the repower Ichigo up as a Shinigami arc and just plain here at least 6 Bankai capable and 1 lieutenant Shinigami's have donated to this super pool for you.
[/spoiler]

Naruto
[spoiler]Shame the battle with Nagato was cut short. I really expected him to free him self using Naraka to fully resurrect him self and hope for a Naruto/B/Nagato team up against Madara. All well, Kubuto can end Edi Tensei for Itachi and more spotlight to the orange guy.[/spoiler]
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #492 on: August 18, 2011, 02:16:48 AM »
Bleach

Bleach
[spoiler]Toshiro's hair changed too, less of a super saiyen look for more grown out.

Also, it seems Kubo is skipping the repower Ichigo up as a Shinigami arc and just plain here at least 6 Bankai capable and 1 lieutenant Shinigami's have donated to this super pool for you.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]And I think they are skirting a technicality here. Remember why Rukia was arrested and sent for execution? Here you have at least 6 people donating their reiatsu. Plus, I doubt it would be so easy to just pump him with energy and expect him to generate his own from now on. I guess he'd have to rely on 'juice packs' to keep functioning.[/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #493 on: August 18, 2011, 04:58:13 AM »
[spoiler]And I think they are skirting a technicality here. Remember why Rukia was arrested and sent for execution? Here you have at least 6 people donating their reiatsu. Plus, I doubt it would be so easy to just pump him with energy and expect him to generate his own from now on. I guess he'd have to rely on 'juice packs' to keep functioning.[/spoiler]

More Bleach
[spoiler]Are you talking about the Aizen controlled Central 46 later found murdered calling for execution or post turn about where Ichigo became recognized as a Shinigami Substitute that also happened to save the multiverse?

Also Rukia wasn't very powerful to start with (loses to a traitless random mook) and Ichigo was immediately capable of hurting Gillian class Hollows despite only using her powers. I'm sure things will be DB:GT in no time.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #494 on: August 18, 2011, 08:02:31 AM »

More Bleach
[spoiler]Are you talking about the Aizen controlled Central 46 later found murdered calling for execution or post turn about where Ichigo became recognized as a Shinigami Substitute that also happened to save the multiverse?

Also Rukia wasn't very powerful to start with (loses to a traitless random mook) and Ichigo was immediately capable of hurting Gillian class Hollows despite only using her powers. I'm sure things will be DB:GT in no time.[/spoiler]

Meh Bleach
[spoiler]I think the first offence was staying in the Mortal World longer than necessary, and then to transfer her powers to a mortal. And yes that time Central 46 was controlled by Aizen.

Anyway, given how you have 5 Captain-grade donators and 1 Vice-Captain grade donator for Ichigo's revival, I'm not surprised his Getsuga Tenshou to be so overwhelmingly powerful.

Makes me wonder why you don't create super soldiers through this method earlier. And yes DB:GT soon, in fact it went that way previous arc.[/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #495 on: August 18, 2011, 02:28:39 PM »
I don't suppose any of you have heard of Katanagatari or Haruouki Shinsengumi Kitan?

I'm only up to episode 2 of either, but DAMN are they awesome.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #496 on: August 18, 2011, 04:44:14 PM »
[spoiler]Anyway, given how you have 5 Captain-grade donators and 1 Vice-Captain grade donator for Ichigo's revival, I'm not surprised his Getsuga Tenshou to be so overwhelmingly powerful.[/spoiler]

Moar Bleach
[spoiler]5? Ikkaku, Kenpachi, Toushirou, Byakuya, Renji, and Isshin Kurosaki. At least there is some foreshadowing to this, Isshin planning things and later he is seen carrying it towards those house they are at.

And things were more Buu Saga prior to the nerf. Over the top powered, battling immortals, nukes as fireballs, etc. Things turned for GT when Ichigo got turned into a kid & couldn't use his Super Sayian 3 powers any more. Now after a little major desperation, a bit of shiny thing giving him power, a little fusion, and blammo new powers to fight the bad guy. He even turned so serious and cocky afterwards.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #497 on: August 18, 2011, 04:51:39 PM »
Bleach
[spoiler]
I think i would be cocky too if I had nearly killed the big bad with just the air pressure of my swords swing.
[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #498 on: August 18, 2011, 08:18:35 PM »
I don't suppose any of you have heard of Katanagatari or Haruouki Shinsengumi Kitan?

I'm only up to episode 2 of either, but DAMN are they awesome.

Where do you suppose I got the picture that represents Konpaku Aya?  ;)

Bleach
[spoiler]
I think i would be cocky too if I had nearly killed the big bad with just the air pressure of my swords swing.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I think cockiness is a requirement for almost all Shounen heroes, whether they're going to get pounded in the face afterwards or whether the current enemy is really so weak.[/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #499 on: August 18, 2011, 08:47:32 PM »
I like how that anime is simultaneously less and more sophisticated than some of its counterparts. The artstyle seems to lend itself a little more to a child's story (we have people being cut by swords though, so it's not really a kid show). On the other hand, the story is engaging and the characters have a funny collection of personal quirks. Overall, it feels a little more fairy tale-ish than usual, but it's a good kind of fairy tale.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]