Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164198 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #420 on: July 20, 2011, 07:46:32 PM »
Negima
[spoiler]Although the outcome here is obvious (Asuna wakes up, the Code shuts, and the Ala Rubra PWNs the Lifemaker), there's still quite a bit of aftermath involved (and the story isn't done yet, seeing as Negi still hasn't found Nagi or Arika). That's going to be more interesting to read than the fights IMO.

On the bright side, Chao's plan might come to fruition anyway.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #421 on: July 20, 2011, 08:47:21 PM »
Negima 332
[spoiler]
Rakan: *Graze Graze*

Chisame - Using the power of friendship now?

Eva - Why the stop casting while meleeing? Beat up three Fates at once while casting Eternal Glacier.

So the Code of the Lifemaker can duplicate everything it ever contained...well for a world creation spell thats to be expected. Write: Dragon.

The whole class is now on site. Maximum Love Power?
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Rakan : "Deal with the dragon." "Don't wanna! Too big!" lol
Chisame : I will hack the barrier, WITH LOVE!
Eva : Mages are nothing more than high-powered artillery indeed. She's yet to cast a single spell (mid-incantation though) and everyone took attention. rofl
Headmaster : Maybe its the shape of the head, getting really strong Nurarihyon vibes there.
The girls : Its at 180% power, looks like the love is coming on strong heh.[/spoiler]
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #422 on: July 21, 2011, 12:24:24 AM »
Neg
[spoiler]The research break produced a result: Akamatsu decided Chachamaru should wear a suit. For maximal robot fetish power.

Other than that, everything else that was said already. Badass.[/spoiler]

This is definitely picking up after the last few chapters. Well, it started to pick up at the end of 330 already.

In other words, thanks to friends' influence I am watching Madoka. Up to ep 8 now.
This series is quite awesome. The hype  is not misplaced at all. Also, kinda depressing, and I didn't even reach the supposedly saddest part yet.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #423 on: July 21, 2011, 03:50:10 AM »
[spoiler]
The girls : Its at 180% power, looks like the love is coming on strong heh.[/spoiler]
Possibly a 1000% Sparking! reference.

Neg
[spoiler]The research break produced a result: Akamatsu decided Chachamaru should wear a suit. For maximal robot fetish power.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Damned right, what the hell is Hakase doing in a swimsuit + labcoat though?[/spoiler]
In other words, thanks to friends' influence I am watching Madoka. Up to ep 8 now.
This series is quite awesome. The hype  is not misplaced at all. Also, kinda depressing, and I didn't even reach the supposedly saddest part yet.
Yay!
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #424 on: July 21, 2011, 03:50:53 AM »
Neg
[spoiler]The research break produced a result: Akamatsu decided Chachamaru his wife should wear a suit. For maximal robot fetish power.

Other than that, everything else that was said already. Badass.[/spoiler]

This is definitely picking up after the last few chapters. Well, it started to pick up at the end of 330 already.

Fixed  :lmao
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #425 on: July 21, 2011, 07:28:42 AM »
Neg
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Damned right, what the hell is Hakase doing in a swimsuit + labcoat though?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]We can only guess and foam in envy. [/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

kamikasei

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #426 on: July 21, 2011, 07:42:52 AM »
[spoiler]Swimsuit, or hyperadvanced magitech battle bodysuit underlayer?[/spoiler]
Bardiche/Raising Heart OTP.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #427 on: July 21, 2011, 03:42:01 PM »
[spoiler]Swimsuit, or hyperadvanced magitech battle bodysuit underlayer?[/spoiler]

Certainly a possibility, considering previous encounters...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #428 on: July 21, 2011, 03:49:54 PM »
[spoiler]Knowing Hakase, it's probably designed multifunctionally. So both.[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #429 on: July 21, 2011, 03:56:32 PM »
[spoiler]Knowing Hakase, it's probably designed multifunctionally. So both.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Definitely, granted, Chao's had more coverage than that. Though I was talking about the fashion and how Akamatsu's wife apparently models many of the outfits he draws

Magitech swimsuit based power armor with reinforced(and probably weaponized) lab coat?
[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #430 on: July 21, 2011, 11:20:09 PM »
And... done with Madoka. I am pretty sure I cannot say anything that was not said already, but here is my input anyway:

I heard about the ending's general nature beforehand, and I was worried it might have been a cheap cop-out. It wasn't. It so wasn't.

This is a really great show. Probably makes it into my personal top five.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #432 on: July 22, 2011, 12:54:16 PM »
The ending was a big worry in the audience at the time, since it was so fucked up resolving it without a copout seemed rather unlikely. They did rather well.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #433 on: July 23, 2011, 06:20:29 PM »
Cubey personal top 5. HARD MODE - only one Gainax title allowed.

5. Full Metal Panic! (With Fumoffu and Second Raid)
4. Azumanga Daioh
3. Fullmetal Alchemist - new and old series. Cheating, I know.
2. Gurren Lagann
1. Haruhi Suzumiya (both seasons and the movie, despite the dreaded Endless Eight)

Kinda mainstream but these series are popular for a good reason. I'd put Madoka on either nr 3 or 4 of my new list, with everything below that dropping one position.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #435 on: July 23, 2011, 08:33:09 PM »
Well, there are some pretty obvious references to Eureka Seven, Cybuster, Gurren Lagann (or anything with big drills, really - there's been a few other mecha like that), funnels and...
Pumpkin? What? How. Why pumpkin? /Nostalgia Critic

EDIT: And Gundam Virtue. So obvious, how did I miss that one? Probably because I didn't see Gundam 00, that's why.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 08:38:47 PM by Cubey »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #437 on: July 27, 2011, 12:47:29 PM »
When you've seen enough anime to recognise VAs, it can be weird.

For instance, there are at least three guys from Gundam 00 in this clip.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #438 on: July 27, 2011, 03:41:11 PM »
But it's Ribbons who should have green hair, not Setsuna!

Seriously though, the Pokemon anime has so many characters, you can find almost every seiyuu in it. Sure, most of them have only cameo appearances, but still.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #439 on: July 28, 2011, 03:34:34 AM »
Negima 333

[spoiler]
Heh, Mana, still gonna charge her for services rendered eh.

Loli-Grandma hah! Rakan, never change.

Holy shit, dual element high magic. Eva one-shotted everything with homing ice-lightning-lasers. Including the lava.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Fuck.
Lifemaker[/spoiler]
Ah dammit, Akamatsu's gone to 'research' his wife again.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]