Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164190 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #400 on: July 15, 2011, 08:18:39 PM »
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #401 on: July 15, 2011, 09:20:23 PM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #402 on: July 15, 2011, 09:32:54 PM »
In current-season anime, watched the first ep of Dantalian no Shoka (sic) and it seems interesting. Gainax work, based on a light novel series.

Commence WMG about that woman at the start. Also, protagonist looks like Graham Aker.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #403 on: July 16, 2011, 03:58:47 AM »
Highlights of the Meguca drama CD 2
Balancing adventuring and a steady school life is hard~
A principle is more important than grades to her huh.

Cake!
Who needs brains when you have Baka Power?
Sayaka is an idiot~
Some Hero Of Justice you are, lying, cheating, stealing.
Too innocent?
Meow
What is she planning to do with her rival's pantsu?!
The poor kitteh.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #404 on: July 16, 2011, 07:13:39 AM »
In current-season anime, watched the first ep of Dantalian no Shoka (sic) and it seems interesting. Gainax work, based on a light novel series.

Commence WMG about that woman at the start. Also, protagonist looks like Graham Aker.
It also looks like basically Card Captor Sakura with books instead of cards (and a British earl instead of a Japanese schoolgirl), but it's too early to quite say for certain.
My guess? Library Girl is Dantalian (*grumble*). Though maybe that's too obvious.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #405 on: July 16, 2011, 10:05:17 PM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #406 on: July 17, 2011, 12:04:44 AM »

It also looks like basically Card Captor Sakura with books instead of cards (and a British earl instead of a Japanese schoolgirl), but it's too early to quite say for certain.
My guess? Library Girl is Dantalian (*grumble*). Though maybe that's too obvious.

You mean how Card Captor Sakura is a mix of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh? *dodges bricks*
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #407 on: July 17, 2011, 12:05:27 AM »
At the anime and monja expo.

Do you watch the bananime?
Yes, but the mango was better!
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #408 on: July 17, 2011, 02:39:12 AM »

Its pretty clear that she's Dantalian. And I love it when he sticks his key into her.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #409 on: July 17, 2011, 09:14:39 AM »

Its pretty clear that she's Dantalian. And I love it when he sticks his key into her.
-Wander into library and release mischievous mystical beings from a book? Check.
-Questionable relationships? Check.
-Magic powers activated by key carried around the neck? Check.

Somewhere out in the multiverse Clow is going "Just as planned".jpg

Altough there's still the question of who's the blonde girl in the begginning. Well CCS had two "familiars" as well, one of which was only fully presented mid-series.

You mean how Card Captor Sakura is a mix of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh? *dodges bricks*

That would be kinda hard considering CCS came out before either of those. *throws another volley of bricks anyway*

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #410 on: July 17, 2011, 02:51:32 PM »

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #412 on: July 17, 2011, 04:56:33 PM »
...Wait, how in the flying fuck do you know that?

Also, it depends where it was aired. If the first airing was at Globo, I missed it on the account that I was probably in school at the time.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #414 on: July 17, 2011, 08:41:43 PM »
Paul Revere: "Screw the British, THE BRAZILLIANS ARE COMING!!"

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #416 on: July 17, 2011, 10:27:47 PM »
Huh. I figure English is somewhere above that. Maybe Chinese too. Which are the other 4?

Also, depends on the anime/manga in question. I doubt there are that many, say, Gundam fans among the Portuguese speakers. (Wing doesn't count!)

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #417 on: July 18, 2011, 03:16:07 AM »
http://listverse.com/2008/06/26/top-10-most-spoken-languages-in-the-world/

Chinese wins by sheer volume. Apparently we breed like rabbits or something.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #418 on: July 18, 2011, 03:53:19 AM »
Stats are slightly different on the net. I imagine a good portion of the "English" stat comes from non-native speakers speaking in a common language.
http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats7.htm
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #419 on: July 20, 2011, 06:06:09 PM »
Negima 332
[spoiler]
Rakan: *Graze Graze*

Chisame - Using the power of friendship now?

Eva - Why the stop casting while meleeing? Beat up three Fates at once while casting Eternal Glacier.

So the Code of the Lifemaker can duplicate everything it ever contained...well for a world creation spell thats to be expected. Write: Dragon.

The whole class is now on site. Maximum Love Power?
[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]